Notices

Old 2006-11-30, 23:31   Link #81
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Shikamaru^ View Post
Hidan is probably going to somehow sew his body back up.

Hidan can hide one of his separate hands underground, I don’t see why he can’t do the same for the rest of his body…
>_>; Um... ^Shikamaru^ I think your confusing Hidan for Kakuzu. Kakuzu is the one who can separate his limb's, and who knows what else. I would not be surprised if he can move his internal organs around, that’s probably how he will end up surviving Raikiri.

Kakuzu: Sorry, copy ninja Kakashi >_>, but that is not where I keep my heart! Hah, its in my leg! Surprised? jOo r teh faileded!
Kakashi: zOmGz I am teh shockededed .... ed.
Old 2006-11-30, 23:39   Link #82
Menelmacar

I think that Kakuzu's arm was not affected by the Kage Mane because it was underground, not casting a shadow. Even if it were connected, the lack of a shadow would prevent Shikamaru from manipulating it.

Also, when the arm did emerge from the ground it cast a shadow, but that shadow was not connected to the one that Shikamaru had bound, allowing to move even then.
Menelmacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:43   Link #83
Yondaime-The Fourth

well actually even though it was underground had shikamaru knew he could've captured it. When he fought temari he threw out a long explination of a shadow within a shadow. Also he was able to stretch his shadow through a hole and make it come out of the other end capturing temari in the exam. In addition, he is even able to atk ones shadow and still capture them in his jutsu. therefore, had he known he wouldve been able to stop that arm.
Yondaime-The Fourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 23:51   Link #84
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelmacar View Post
I think that Kakuzu's arm was not affected by the Kage Mane because it was underground, not casting a shadow. Even if it were connected, the lack of a shadow would prevent Shikamaru from manipulating it.
Actually that’s not the case at all, Kakuzu is smart he’s a thinker (Thats probebly why he's so good with mony, and is Akatsuki's treasurer), he built this from watching Shikamaru during the Asuma fight. Only he can pull off something like this for now, as far as we know.

This is what really happened, and Shikamaru explains it. The first set of exploding tags thrown with the Kunai’s, as soon as they exploded Kakuzu knew they were under attack, in the midst of all that smoke he sent one of his hands underground right there and then. However, not just that but the arm was totally severed it was separate from the body.

No one saw it either, that’s why no one expected it, the hand dug underground and waited for the next move, which was the 2 Chakra blades which had the Kage Mane jutsu inserted in to them, Kage Shuriken No Jutsu? o_O; or is it Kage Mane Shuriken No Jutsu? Whatever!

So yea, then Kakuzu just used his hand which was separate from his body to remove the Chakra blade from his own shadow. Now had the arm been connected to the body by threads, as soon as Kakuzu got caught by the Kage Mane, his arm underground would stop its movements too, but fact is, it was separated from his body. The only thing I can assume is Kakuzu manipulates the threads using his chakra, which is directly in the threads (kind of like the Chakra Blades) in to controlling parts of his body.
Old 2006-12-01, 00:51   Link #85
Deathwing
what do i know

I loved this chapter best one out in a few months i cant wait to see the next naruto vrs sasuke fight there last one was one of the best fights in the series (I say this because it is one of the series few fights where your not left wondering what would happen if they used everything they had unlike every fight with ori and most of the Akatsuki) I have a feeling naruto might win the next one and i can't wait to see the new jutsus in action.

Also this fight is looking intresting were gonna see some other characters in the spotlight. Go Shikamaru and Kakashi!!
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 00:52   Link #86
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Actually that’s not the case at all, Kakuzu is smart he’s a thinker (Thats probebly why he's so good with mony, and is Akatsuki's treasurer), he built this from watching Shikamaru during the Asuma fight. Only he can pull off something like this for now, as far as we know.

This is what really happened, and Shikamaru explains it. The first set of exploding tags thrown with the Kunai’s, as soon as they exploded Kakuzu knew they were under attack, in the midst of all that smoke he sent one of his hands underground right there and then. However, not just that but the arm was totally severed it was separate from the body.

No one saw it either, that’s why no one expected it, the hand dug underground and waited for the next move, which was the 2 Chakra blades which had the Kage Mane jutsu inserted in to them, Kage Shuriken No Jutsu? o_O; or is it Kage Mane Shuriken No Jutsu? Whatever!

So yea, then Kakuzu just used his hand which was separate from his body to remove the Chakra blade from his own shadow. Now had the arm been connected to the body by threads, as soon as Kakuzu got caught by the Kage Mane, his arm underground would stop its movements too, but fact is, it was separated from his body. The only thing I can assume is Kakuzu manipulates the threads using his chakra, which is directly in the threads (kind of like the Chakra Blades) in to controlling parts of his body.
A good way of thinking of the threads is like Kankuro's chakra threads manipulating a puppet.

In any case, i am sure it was stated that as soon as kakuzu seen it was shikamaru, he immediately removed a hand that could readily free him from the shadows in some manner.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 01:18   Link #87
majin_vegeta

Well, I think this team is dead. Hidan and Kazuku have no feasible way of escaping from this one alive. I think Kishi is finally putting the story back to where it should be . People die in nin battles and everyone doesn't get a chance to show case their stuff. It is only natural that Akatsuki members should have to face the same rules as normal ninjas. They messed up so they are gonna die. They were out planned for once. So, kishi is going to use them to let people know that know character is safe anymore. Anyone can die and that is a good message.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 01:59   Link #88
Yondaime-The Fourth

I just noticed something on pages 15-17 Shikamaru says, "He can harden his body like steel. So that's his hidden ability!" then right as kakuzu is about to strike Kakashi immbolizes him with a rakiri. However, both Shikamaru Ino and Chouji were shown surprised as indicated by the "!?" Kakashi said, "The seals for that "iron" skin jutsu used earth type nature manipulation. For this I noiced that beforehand shikamaru had stated his skin was steel-like (Kakashi stated it was iron-skin). Also, They were all surprised at Kakashi's atk. Could he have altered the plan due to the situation? I doubt Shikamaru intended him to do so. Either the person who sub'd it was lazy, incorrect, or the manga is really like that there is some faults to the sub'ing. However, all of us get our scanalations from different sources so who knows. If anyone encountered the same scanalations as me you should check on that because there is a lot of mixed up dialogue.
Yondaime-The Fourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 01:59   Link #89
chitgoks

oh man.. i thought hidan's powerful but he's pathetic. he even begs for kakuzu to break the jutsu. kakuzu has a chance to survive kakashi's attack im sure he still has lots to offer.. kakashi should just have went to hidan instead so theyll have one less akatsuki to worry about
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 02:32   Link #90
Slayerx

Overall it was a good chapter and i highly doubt its already over... Not only did Ino not yet get to see any action... and considering last chapter it being mentioned that Naruto and his team would be the back up should naruto complete his jutsu, you just KNOW the fight is gonna last long enough for Naruto to learn his jutsu and steal the spotlight.... not to mention that a member of ataksuki would be taken out in a single attack like that seems a bit off...

One thing that really bugs me about this chapter though; i don't see how the nature relationships work out... The relationships between water, fire and wind makes sence, but not the rest... How is lightning weak to wind? How is Earth weak to lightning? and How is water weak to earth?

[EDIT]
Quote:
Fire strong to wind? I swear i blew out some candles on my 7th birthday..... unless i wasn't blowing out air.....
well, but then again, when you want to make a camp fire, one the best methods is to get a spark going and then blow on it... however, that does bring up the point that sometimes the relationships can be considered even... While using a certain amount of wind you can increase a fire, if you use a lot more you can also blow it out

Quote:
Ok wind being strong to lightning makes sense kind of since air is a great insulator
Well... i never was too good with science -.-

However, in a sence, shouldn't water almost be considered weak against lightning... afterall it does work as a conductor, if a ninja were to use a water jutsu, a lightning user might only need to strike the jutsu in order to send a heavy shock to the user...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-12-01 at 02:47.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 03:10   Link #91
-HyugaNeji-

Nice chapter, one of the best in the last months. But i still have the impression, that kishi is pulling all this stuff out of his ass For me it just seems, he has no really solid structure behind his story. There are so many things that are contradicting themselves that it's up to the fans to speculate about thousands of things, which would be totally obvious, if the storytelling was actually good and solid.

Only Water beats Fire, my ass. That's utter bullshit isn't it?

This is AGAIN a deux ex machina to fuel the storyline of naruto. It's a plotdevice, thats why it is so totally pointless to discuss such matters with LOGIC!!!

That's exactly what i don't like. The whole "story" of Naruto is so illogical and FULL of plot devices that it's no fun anymore. Or to put it into other words:

Murphy's law: Anything that can go wrong, will.

Piercing a chest of a person with a hand, that can pierce even the unpiercable? The heart of the victim must be OF COURSE (murphys law) in his ass, thus he survives, for the sake of drama and plot. uhm..yeah. If kishi REALLY would want to surprice his viewers, that kazuku guy is DEAD in the next chapter. Dead. Wormfood. Hasta la vista baby. DEAD!!! BUT, as many have stated, he is of course NOT dead, since we all read naruto up until now and we KNOW that murphys law applies for EVERY battle :-)

Another example?:

(Neji vs spiderguy) Low range fighter, encounters long range fighter in his most important battle. Heck, his so called ULTIMATE technique is blocked, because THIS one guy can block his chakra holes. And THEN the protagonist, even fights in the most favorable way for his opponent, because he acts stupid like hell (fighting the 123123123132 spidarz head on instead runnig around and think about sth better)

I hate it, when he talks about "that jutsu" or "that ultimate jutsu" or "this unpiercable body", or "that super mega hyper extremely deadly techniqe", but in the end we know (murphys law) that all those super hyper ultimate jutsus will face exactly THAT opponent that they aren't so super hyper ultimate, but in fact, totally useless.

There are SO many examples for such unbelievably dumb plot devices to drag fights and make them feel "special" and long.

It's sad to see, how a story, which began promising at first, went SO downhill.

What i want: That unpiercable guy is DEAD in the next chapter. Forever.

What i will get: He survives :-) [Murphy's law. But the explanation will be stupid as hell]
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 05:12   Link #92
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Congrats Rurik, you called Greed for Kakuzu and there you have it...kinda. I don't know how to take this power of his.

Edit: But it doesn't matter. Kakuzu finished. I haven't seen a hand go through a chest since Haku, I think. Nice to see Kishi going back to the basics
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 08:02   Link #93
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

As expected from Kakashi ! Nice.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 08:27   Link #94
rman0099
On my nut

A couple of things on the chapter:

1.) Kakuzu is dead or going to die. People keep saying that he may have moved his organs around or will sew them back together but no. Kakashi's attack was a surprise that he did not sense. Given that Kakuzu had no time to adjust organs. Secondly, as raikiri pierced his heart it most likely vaporized parts of Kakuzu's heart. He can't sew back together a heart with missing peices (it would leak and kill him).

2.) The elemental affinities have been bugging me. Earth should not be weak to lightning. Earth is a TERRIBLE conductor for electricity and will quickly dissipate electricity when struck. Water on the other hand IS a conductor for elctricity. So basically, if kishi went by natural physics and basic general chemistry, naruto would be screwed. His wind would only boost Sasuke's fire and if he learned water to counter the fire he would only boost Sasuke's lightning. He would be the natural genius support ninja for his precious boyfriend. I guess he conveniently moved around the elements so Naruto didn't have to be totally useless agianst Sasuke.

I just have some feeling that, given the new anime title, Naruto's new jutsu will be called something like OMFGWTFIPWNALL Hurricane Ball.

Last edited by rman0099; 2006-12-01 at 08:44.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 09:17   Link #95
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

It could've worked if there was no circle.

Fire>wind>lightning>water>fire>earth>wind

but this way, fire is the best element and wind the worst.
And he probably wanted all elements to have ONE good and ONE bad side, and no element better than the other.

so it was all conveniently moved around like rman0099 said.

And I think Kakashi said, you were born with specific elements, and can't learn 'em.
otherwise that would've been a nice idea, that Naruto supported Sasuke in his fight against Itachi, but that way Sasuke becomes better than Naruto, and everyone know that Naruto "needs" to be the strongest, so that will probably not happen!
Old 2006-12-01, 09:23   Link #96
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099
1.) Kakuzu is dead or going to die. People keep saying that he may have moved his organs around or will sew them back together but no. Kakashi's attack was a surprise that he did not sense. Given that Kakuzu had no time to adjust organs. Secondly, as raikiri pierced his heart it most likely vaporized parts of Kakuzu's heart. He can't sew back together a heart with missing peices (it would leak and kill him).
I don't know why people assume Kakuzu is dead because Rakiri appeared to pierce his heart. Kakuzu clearly doesn't have normal human physiology. He may not even have organs. He might be a construct similar to Sasori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099
2.) The elemental affinities have been bugging me. Earth should not be weak to lightning. Earth is a TERRIBLE conductor for electricity and will quickly dissipate electricity when struck. Water on the other hand IS a conductor for elctricity. So basically, if kishi went by natural physics and basic general chemistry, naruto would be screwed.
Why is everyone applying real-world physics and chemistry to the world of Naruto? People are bothered by the concept of Fire > Wind and Lightning > Earth, but perfectly fine with ink drawings coming to life, flying through the air on giant clay birds and warping space- time itself.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 09:25   Link #97
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-People keep saying that earth is not a conductor for electricity and that because of this reason it should not be weak to it. But what about iron? It exists within the earth an it is an excelent conductor. But even if that's not the case let me point out that elemental weaknesses mean nothing if you can get really skilled with a specific element or just add more power to it. Get enough fire and you can evaporate water. Get enough wind and you can blow fire away and rip apart the landscape. Not to mention:
Spoiler:
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 09:31   Link #98
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But if it was really his plan to defeat Kakuzu first, then it wouldn't fit with the Shogi-board, Kishimoto drew in the last chapter. After he takes all this time to draw this board, it should have a bit of importance, and going by it Hidan is the one to be defeated first, or else Shikamaru is going to die.
I said it once how we viewed the Shougy board is how we vision a probable play, however this does not means it is how its going to continue and be done, Kihsimoto made you a tease about how the pieces would be positioned, however, this does not means that the next move is the one that we think is going to be it, its is a strategy game, So the what it seems is going to be the next move, does not necessarily means is the one thats going to be( And with Shikamaru is usually not), these are baits.

Also, capturing Hidan to attack Kakuuzu falls with something about Shougy that you can use the pieces you captured against your opponent.

But, From what we got, Thats was SHiakaru plan all along Killing Kakauzu first.
Old 2006-12-01, 09:34   Link #99
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

- That's because Lightning is extremely hot (if i am correct hotter then the surface of the sun)
- It was already mentioned that ONLY IF the powers were equal...the dominant element compared to the other would win.

IF the Wind Force is stronger then the force of Fire...then Fire will lose...obviously...it's the same in real life...
Old 2006-12-01, 09:38   Link #100
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
- That's because Lightning is extremely hot (if i am correct hotter then the surface of the sun)
-Yup you got it right. It is approximetly 3 times hotter than the Sun's surface, which really makes you wonder how human beings can survive being struck be such a force.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote