AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 05:45   Link #4301
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

read this please Touma

Ranking the tier 10 Tanks

Quote:
The Maus is currently the worst t10. Its main flaws are its size, poor firepower, and inadequate protection. Because its so large, its impossible to mass or hide. This makes it easy to hit, especially by arty, and tactically very inflexible. Its armor likewise doesn't help against gold rounds, and its flat surfaces are generally easy for a good player to pen. Its slow, poor top speed as well. Finally, its firepower is inadequate -- it manages to be below average in every aspect, and accordingly, is garbage.
Old 2013-03-24, 06:57   Link #4302
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
read this please Touma

Ranking the tier 10 Tanks
does it even matter, I did say I was getting it becuz ep. 11. anyways its not my only tier X tank that i'll be getting.
Old 2013-03-24, 08:07   Link #4303
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

best 1 day stat ever, I'm happy.

Old 2013-03-24, 08:15   Link #4304
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Old 2013-03-24, 11:54   Link #4305
Marina2

Somehow, I don't like how people give important to the win rate statistic in this game.

It doesn't really reflect the individual skill but more like how many % of time you are on the good team. Sometime I think I did really good in battle ,but other teams was better than our team so I got another lose. (I think I am in bad luck, I often play really good in the match that my team lost.) Yet, people tend to judge individual skill by win rate. They should look at survival rate or kill/death rate insted.

P.S. Currently, my win rate is at 45% out of about 800 games.
P.S.2 To avoid any misunderstanding, I didn't post this in reply to above comments.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:09   Link #4306
Sumeragi
Banned

The better you are, the more likely you're going to carry the team. As Wil can attest to from our platoon yesterday, I probably did more to keep the team from falling apart by being at the location I'm needed the most.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:10   Link #4307
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Winrates mean "how much power you have to change tide of battle". person with higher winrates pretty sure have done lot of right thing in the battle than a person that have lower win rates.

weather it because a person kill more tank or spot more tank is different matter but certainly how good you doing this stuff, it will effect your chance of victory.

you dont just get 60% percent win rates just because you always have "good" team. unleash if you platooning often. the team always changing. of course having a good team is matter in order to achieve victory but at same time you must factoring your personal skill.

I dont think survival rate or kill/death rate is good indicator of how good are you. especially if you dealing with scout type person

tl;dr there is definitely the different of skill between person with 60% winrates and person with 40% winrates

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:11   Link #4308
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Somehow, I don't like how people give important to the win rate statistic in this game.

It doesn't really reflect the individual skill but more like how many % of time you are on the good team. Sometime I think I did really good in battle ,but other teams was better than our team so I got another lose. (I think I am in bad luck, I often play really good in the match that my team lost.) Yet, people tend to judge individual skill by win rate. They should look at survival rate or kill/death rate insted.

P.S. Currently, my win rate is at 45% out of about 800 games.
P.S.2 To avoid any misunderstanding, I didn't post this in reply to above comments.
I agree to an extent, however I do not think any stats can truly represent a player's overall ability. I could bet money that one you guys can kick my butt if it came down to 1 v 1 match. That being said my clan tournament is almost over. So I will be looking to see who got closest to 53% WR. Winner can decide to take all the gold or split it between 4 different clan members. Because I don't see any other gold gift options available besides the 6500 gold option. Well we'll have to see what is available. Anyways be sure to keep an eye out if you do get a gift. I will be sending it out after March 31st.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:17   Link #4309
Gravitas Free Zone

The flaws in straight winrate comparisons are also why Efficiency and WN7 figures exist.

(Such as those are.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:32   Link #4310
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Announcing the return of yours truly:

The east forest map. It turned into a brawl for the central town; I was there, second line, being useless, so I turned my gun east and made the enemy realize a forest doesn't stop shells and flankers don't always win.

Close to the endgame, I easily survived a close quarters brawl with a full health Matilda. Lee should not survive brawls, and especially not with Matilda's armor. Thank the gods he didn't know where to shoot, and let me get to his back from the front, turned around, and made him pay.

Also, nice derp run, Kimi. It was good being back.

Now if only I know how to play T20. That thing wreaks havoc on my efficiency rate...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:39   Link #4311
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The flaws in straight winrate comparisons are also why Efficiency and WN7 figures exist.

(Such as those are.)
I don't think about that overrated crap, its like how BF3 rates player skill with their K/D ratio and gun accuracy to the hit ratio. The reason my BF3 stats are sub par is becuz I'm doing the assignments to unlock the dog tags and weapons etc. etc.

That being said, I'll quote my previous comment, " there is no true stats that can determine a player's overall skill." With this anyone one of you could prolly beat me even though i'm an above average player. Dai and Wil tried to kill me one time in a match, too bad I died before they ever got to me. I tried to kill ES one time, but we ended up on the losing side, I think me, UTE, and Wil were plat that time, I forget. I remember ES was just watching the war game when our plat was doing most of the work... he was in his IS, but it was a tier 8 round.

I was in a game with Ascaloth one time, he was in his VK T8, while i was in my T25/2 americano TD, we won the round despite both us dieing (I posted the round before and no we were not plat), I was in the same game as Q one time, we both died and lost (we were not plat either.) This being said, I'll quote SideStrafe, "Its all based on the luck of the die being rolled...", you win some you lose some, skill is just a perk to help you win although it does not guarantee it.

For example Havok players can be beaten if they are soloed and not platoon, same with any Clan War clansmen. I've seen them win and lose, although I do notice that some player's like to talk smack more than me as a backseat driver. I've gone back to my passive state of backseat driving, just because I've been banned from chat once already.

XD let me tell ya, its hard to play without the chat system, so thank god Q and Wil had bought Vent server, although no one really uses it imho besides, me, UTE, Wil (who's voice broke his mic prolly), Q (Tak on the forums), ES (EndlessSoul, its always fun to hear him chat), I used it to talk with Juke (who Q called a hyperactive guy) wonder when he'll be back... he told us he won't be on for 2 weeks becuz he's traveling, and some outsiders like LeoXiao... and it seems Pen3 uses TS3 (which I apparently don't think TS is a good VOIP). I do think the best VOIP is C3, which is in my sig. and its free, you can chat or talk, phone call ppl within the US, create multiple chatrooms for different games, also join as many chatrooms as you want, on top of that you can mute anyone you want or mute the whole chatroom, and still be able to hear another chatroom your in.

note: its best if you have a headset for VOIP, preferably noice cancelling headset.

i'll post a utube video when i find it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2M5zl4o1lw [extra info]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_w1dS9SAI [recommended watching]
yeah I already have a channel for MUP clan, so if you eventually install C3, PM me your username so I can invite and add you to the channel I have.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-03-24 at 13:49.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 12:59   Link #4312
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I tried to kill ES one time, but we ended up on the losing side, I think me, UTE, and Wil were plat that time, I forget. I remember ES was just watching the war game when our plat was doing most of the work... he was in his IS, but it was a tier 8 round.
Dude, really?
Old 2013-03-24, 13:05   Link #4313
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Dude, really?
All i remember was you didn't kill anyone that round prolly becuz ur too passive. I forgot if our plat wiped or we capped... either way i don't remembersince it was awhile ago.

Have wil or ute explain it since they were there wit me. Anyways i still can't believe actually beat everyone to tier X. I'm stunned by surprise. I would have expected Ascaloth, Wil, or kimi to hit Tier X first.

anyways I've added ES to the MUP channel. but he hasn't even logged in yet.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-03-24 at 13:48.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:08   Link #4314
Gravitas Free Zone

There was a game of Widepark where there was a platoon of three that ended up on the same side as ES playing alone, but I don't remember any details beyond that.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:00   Link #4315
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
best 1 day stat ever, I'm happy.

Quote:
My win rates have been horrible in pub.

Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:03   Link #4316
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
My win rates have been horrible in pub.

ya damn unicum player.

how they hell do u have a better WN7 than me, and I have 53+% win rate, thats why i don't understand WN7.

I don't get this:
Spoiler for WN7:

someone translate this in leymans terms.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:13   Link #4317
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

well, so little with this alt acc.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:18   Link #4318
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post

well, so little with this alt acc.
you make me only want to play low tiers now that i see you have a better WR than me. wats ur highest tier on your alt acct.? I'm still tryin to get the 59-16 on my alt acct.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:28   Link #4319
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
someone translate this in leymans terms.
Okay. Math!

WN7 formula:
(1240-1040/(MIN(TIER,6))^0.164)*FRAGS - Kill multiplier, kills above tier 6 are counted the same as at tier 6, discount to kills for tiers 5 and lower
+DAMAGE*530/(184*e^(0.24*TIER)+130) - Damage at higher tiers is worth more plus you tend to do more damage at higher tiers, so more high tiers the better.
+SPOT*125*MIN(TIER, 3)/3 - Spotting damage, discount for spotted damage below tier 3
+MIN(DEF,2.2)*100 - Defense? Formula looks odd, seems like it'll always only give you 220?
+((185/(0.17+e^((WINRATE-35)*-0.134)))-500)*0.45 - Win Rate above 35% plays a big part in the WN7 calculation as you can see
-[(5 - MIN(TIER,5))*125] / [1 + EXP( ( TIER - (GAMESPLAYED/220)^(3/TIER) )*1.5 )] - Penalty for playing more games below tier 5
Edited by Praetor77, Feb 26 2013 - 22:59.[/SPOILER]

Last edited by willx; 2013-03-24 at 14:38.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 14:36   Link #4320
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Okay. Math!
yeah i'm not good with math anymore, even tho i'm asian and should be good with math, I almost fail intro to calculus in college, just becuz i haven't taken math in 2 years since my last real math course. that being said, anyone want to translate it... I have no idea where to begin to plug in for the word values, if i don't know what it means. its like trying to solve an algebra problem witout the proper formula to solve it.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks