NoLongerSane

Scans for 378 out.
Spoiler for 378:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:23   Link #3082
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
At least Kenichi gained back some cool points for one shotting that bastard.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:28   Link #3083
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ch.378 in a few words: old man rampage run! Kenichi's 1HKO was also pretty impressive, even if it was just against a disciple.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 05:00   Link #3084
ReddyRedWolf

Well Kenichi appears to be bordering the expert class.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 06:04   Link #3085
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Kenichi owns ! Time for the Old Jiji to show some kickass moves
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 09:06   Link #3086
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Disciples seems to be childs play for Kenichi now, the author is really showing off some Kenichi badassery lately XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 10:12   Link #3087
Fran~
floating away...

Finally... a mangaka who has the balls to allow the grow-up of his protagonist...

Kenichi is the same Kenichi, but showing all the stuff he learned, he even looks like a Master or an advanced disciple... probably at Miu's level, he now takes the offense.

Last edited by Fran~; 2010-04-01 at 10:23.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 13:22   Link #3088
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That was a good chapter, despite Kenichi's injuries he managed to take down that armed disciple in no time. It was also funny how the Muay Thai master from Yami was interested in Kenichi and amused by what was going on. Although I have no doubt he can be a nasty character, his overall demeanor seems quite cheerful. Can't wait to see him and Apachai meet.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 13:51   Link #3089
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't think he's at Miu's level yet, not to mention we haven't even been shown just how good Miu is. We know that she can get into a 'dou mode' of sorts, but that's about it.

However, that's not to take away from how much Kenichi has improved as shown by this chapter. Perhaps his fight that glasses guy., Tanaka really helped. Kenichi is definitely a rising fighter—and in a way, he's also a bit unpredictable in terms of skill. His enemies just keep underestimating him. Then again, that's just one of the perils of being the main protagonist.

Finally, the old man starts to make a move.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 18:19   Link #3090
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I don't think he's at Miu's level yet, not to mention we haven't even been shown just how good Miu is. We know that she can get into a 'dou mode' of sorts, but that's about it.

However, that's not to take away from how much Kenichi has improved as shown by this chapter. Perhaps his fight that glasses guy., Tanaka really helped. Kenichi is definitely a rising fighter—and in a way, he's also a bit unpredictable in terms of skill. His enemies just keep underestimating him. Then again, that's just one of the perils of being the main protagonist.

I agree to what you have said about Miu. I also am enjoying on how Kenichi is taking the initiative in this current arc. What I am wondering is when YAMI might consider kidnapping Kenichi instead of killing him since he has been impressing the YAMI masters. Plus, I am wanting to see how powerful the mangaka makes Freya’s grandfather. I’m expecting him to pretty much own the YAMI members guarding him and scaring the living daylights out of Kenichi.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 18:34   Link #3091
blade82

i can't wait to see Apachai fighting the muay thai's YAMI master
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 19:06   Link #3092
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

I'd say Kenichi is above Miu, Kenichi defeated Shou who even in berserker mode couldn't lay a single finger on him and he wasn't even serious. Only reason why Kenichi can't beat Miu is sparing is pretty obvious. 1. She's a girl. 2. She's Miu, so his mind is obviously usually in the gutter when sparing with her.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 02:30   Link #3093
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'd say Kenichi is above Miu, Kenichi defeated Shou who even in berserker mode couldn't lay a single finger on him and he wasn't even serious. Only reason why Kenichi can't beat Miu is sparing is pretty obvious. 1. She's a girl. 2. She's Miu, so his mind is obviously usually in the gutter when sparing with her.
He is a boy, she is a girl. Mius technique is obviously better than Kenichi, but he is stronger, more tough etc.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 08:27   Link #3094
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

A lot of people who point to Kenichi defeating Shou, while Miu couldn't, forget that the Elder scolded her for going berserk because it prevented her from using her true strength.

We haven't really seen Miu's "true" strength, and have only seen 1 or 2 of her techniques.

That said, Kenichi is probably very close to her level now.
Old 2010-04-02, 15:50   Link #3095
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

She didn't do much against him when she was conscious either... I say Kenichi is stronger, but not by much. All the Shinpaku Alliance are roughly around the same level.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:43   Link #3096
Cinocard

Miu just knows more, and has more fighting experience. In term of power, endurance, and variety of techniques, clearly Kenichi has those polished much better than Miu.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:21   Link #3097
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
She didn't do much against him when she was conscious either... I say Kenichi is stronger, but not by much. All the Shinpaku Alliance are roughly around the same level.
I would not really say that, I believe that Kenichi could handle 2 Shinpaku captains at ones and soon all of them at ones.

I believe that Shinpaku Alliance will become a very powerful and big organization in the future, its just a shame that the manga will most likely end before Kenichi reaches 18-20 of age.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 08:05   Link #3098
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Takeda, Miu, Renka and Hermit can hold their own against him, they are all top class disciples. I'm pretty sure Sieg is too, we haven't seen him fight since the DofD but he was really bad ass back then. Freya and Thor have been training under a master, so count them too. I don't know about Kisara but she seemed to have had an epiphany back at the DofD (similar to Sieg) so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Ukita is the only red shirt in the group.
Old 2010-04-03, 08:46   Link #3099
ReddyRedWolf

I do wonder where Shaggy (forgot his name) is.

He has a master too and the only other guy to beat Kenichi. Though he wont show his face to preserve that win.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:02   Link #3100
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I do wonder where Shaggy (forgot his name) is.

He has a master too and the only other guy to beat Kenichi. Though he wont show his face to preserve that win.
Had a master, unlike the others his master was only a temporarily thing (in exchange for teaching he would leave the mountain and never encounter that master again)

So while that guy would be strong he hasn't got anyone to help him train more and needs to rely on self taught stuff.
evil_kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen