AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 11:04   Link #441
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
DmC japanese site - there's nothing in there but the trailer.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/dmc/

Confirmed that the new movie will be based on this DmC and his name is now "Tony" from the novel and anime. Tony Anthony Redgrave.

New hair style so Tameen won't get the hate

Too many flaws seen in this gameplay trailer.

just look at this...

Clearly here we see Donte decapitate a demon in the legs...but WTF?!!

The body was sliced instead of the legs.....

Tsk Tsk....So early on there are alot of trouble brewing with the combat already....

I thought they said realistic? This isn't realistic decapitation.......

Also it seems to "COVER" that up they're using flashes so it seems Donte has decapitated the the demon in that part of his body which clearly when in slowdown it's not.

Gun juggle the demons don't flinch when getting shot at they're just there not moving and spilling out black blood. Also seems you can spam the spinning chain tentacle attack thingy like in GOW.

Anyways seems this will be the silent type Dante like in DMC2, so pretty much we got an upgraded DMC2 version in DmC with the gameplay of HS+GOW+Prototype and Alice. Since the slow down, arial combo, execution, prototype tentacle sword are all taken from those other games. Unoriginal, I thought this was supposed to be fresh and new?
You know what missing here?

For some reason, his change his hair colour and reminds me:

Vergil? Check the trailer again XD His hairstyle change again after he transform into white hair.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:29   Link #442
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Im going to have to bonk you on the head for the body chopping complaint, you want them to bother making all the fodder MGS Rising cuttable? that takes a lot of programming.
They bothered programming that at Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, God of War, Ninja Gaiden and Darksaiders.

Quote:
we've seen no character background of this dante, how do you know he's not cocky,funny and taunting? altho i'd rather him be cocky,asshole and taunting
Actually we did on the first trailer from almost one year ago.

Quote:
well they weren't lying about one of those
I don't really think so.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:39   Link #443
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Uh huh, too each their own.

You must pay very close attention to the mobs death, which doesn't reeeaaallllyyyy matter unless this was metal gear rising. And what exactly did we see about his background?
Old 2011-06-08, 12:52   Link #444
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Uh huh, too each their own.

You must pay very close attention to the mobs death, which doesn't reeeaaallllyyyy matter unless this was metal gear rising. And what exactly did we see about his background?
To begin with:

1) Dante smoking and wearing messy clothes, the original Dante never smoked and always wear clothe sin good state, this tells this new Dante may have no respect for his own person / body. = Emo.

2) When the guy asks Dnate "What is your name", the original Dante would have answered something sarcastic or funny even in that situation he's in, this one answered "My name is Dante", emotionless and without that spark or charm that has alwasy been present on Dante's dialogues. = Emo.

3) Trough the first trailer you can cleary see hate on Dante's eyes, Dante has never shown hate in his eyes on the previous games, he's always the relaxed cool dude and has never been vengative. = Emo

To resume, the DMC 5 (or how I like to call it "Dawn of the Mediocre Crying emo") Dante is no way the Dante from the previous 4 games.

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2011-06-08 at 13:08.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:08   Link #445
Rag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
To begin with:

1) Dante smoking and wearing messy clothes, the original Dante never smoked and always wear clothe sin good state, this tells this new Dante may have no respect for his own person / body. = Emo.

2) When the guy asks Dnate "What is your name", the original Dante would have answered something sarcastic or funny even in that situation he's in, this one answered "My name is Dante", emotionless and without that spark or charm that has alwasy been present on Dante's dialogues. = Emo.

3) Trough the first trailer you can cleary see hate on Dante's eyes, Dante has never shown hate in his eyes on the previous games, he's always the relaxed cool dude and has never been vengative. = Emo

To resume, the DMC 5 (or how I like to call it "Dawn of the Mediocre Capcom side") Dante is no way the Dante from the previous 4 games.
You pretty much nailed it here.

Still, though, DMC5 dante may just be a younger dante. A rash/emo guy bla bla. If its a spin-off with the protagonist being called dante then I'm going to rage....
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:11   Link #446
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

If it's an origin story, I can buy that he used to be less cool... as long as he gets progressively more like the "real" Dante throughout the game. White-haired Dante being his powered-up form in this game is actually a decent sign, if it's a "hint" at who he's going to become.

Still reserving judgment on this one for now.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:45   Link #447
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That's a very WIDE perspective of Emo. So angry people are emo? People who don't take care of their bodies are emo?

Wats he got to be a happy sarccastic person, he was tortured..contempt in a disgusting containment area.

Might as well say Asure from Asura's wrath is emo.

I'm guessing heero from gundam wing is emo too? Since he never seems to show emotion.
Old 2011-06-08, 16:05   Link #448
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I'm not angry about Dante being an Emo, (it this was a whole new game, I wouldn't really mind) I'm angry because this Dante is totally opposite to the Dante we all know and like, and, to be honest, I don't see any good reason for the developers to have done that.
Old 2011-06-08, 20:20   Link #449
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
You know what missing here?

For some reason, his change his hair colour and reminds me:

Vergil? Check the trailer again XD His hairstyle change again after he transform into white hair.
Yep checked that a more than once. The white hair is a palate swap of his current hair going upwards ala Super Saiyan and he still has black eyebrows, there seems to be a stop or slow down movement as well.

@-Rick also may I borrow your post?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=448
Old 2011-06-08, 22:07   Link #450
Used Can

I'll agree that emo is perhaps a wrong term to address Dino, but he's definitely the serious, edgy type, whereas Dante was the prankster/charismatic type.

If I were to give a simple example, it'd be as if I were to reboot the Naruto manga, and gave Naruto Sasuke's personality. That wouldn't be Naruto at all, but a different character. It's the same thing here.

Dino is not necessarily a bad character. We barely even know him. But from the few things we've seen about him, this guy is no Dante. NT rebooting the series and changing Dante was obviously going to get them heat, since Dante was the main reason why people played this game. DMC2 is already considered bad by most fans - not only for being the most boring of all games in terms of gameplay and story, but Dante was too serious. It was the same in the anime. The fun thing is, those so called Dantes are closer to the real thing than this new chap.
Old 2011-06-08, 22:10   Link #451
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yep checked that a more than once. The white hair is a palate swap of his current hair going upwards ala Super Saiyan and he still has black eyebrows, there seems to be a stop or slow down movement as well.

@-Rick also may I borrow your post?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=448
Sure go ahead.

EDIT: Perhaps the definiton of "Emo Dnate" make speople miss my point here, so let me tell it in a way everyone will understand. This new Dante in comparation to the old Dante is just like this:

EPIC FAILURE
Old 2011-06-09, 01:21   Link #452
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Interview

From NT forums

Most asked questions in chat:
What is the framerate?
Is there going to be a PC version?
Why does the combat in the trailer look so slow?

Questions asked by the interviewer:
Are there new weapons?
Will old characters appear?

Answers:
Can't talk about it.
Can't talk about it.

They kept dodging questions....=_=

Live Stream

When asked about the whole "reboot vs prequel" ordeal, they confirmed that this is a REBIRTH of the series. Alex Jones said fans shouldn't necessarily look at the story of older games for complete reference to this game but that the general formula from previous games will be there.

Complete reboot/rebirth/re-telling of the origin other words an alternate new universe for DmC.

- A fan asked if there'd be any returning characters. They couldn't speak about it but they said fans will be pleasantly surprised by who ends up in the game.

Vergil possible since this is a restart and rebirth/retelling of the story, which in fact they named Donte "Tony" now like in the novel and anime.

- The interviewer brought up fans' concerns about whether the game is being developed in-house at Capcom Japan. Alex Jones said they were working very closely with them and that the director from all previous games is heavily involved in the development of it.

Same thing he said in the first interview working closely with Capcom, but as seen Itsuno is hard at work at Dragons Dogma and didn't say a word in the panel

- About the weapons, they couldn't go into specifics about the number of weapons but they said they really want variety in the combat and ways you can dispose of enemies.

Morphing all purpose weapon....

Framerate they dodge the question they can't say...
Old 2011-06-09, 02:23   Link #453
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

For me, rather than wanting the old Dante back, I'm just simply disappointed with the change (which I also think is terrible). It doesn't matter if Dante is changed in his personality and whatsoever, it's a reboot after all.
But not like this. this one's is just... I believe some fans are also having the same view as me.

It would be nice if the new Dante is still a "cool" person, but in a different sense than the previous Dante (We know that there are different types of cool that are accepted by people).

Still, I want to see how this game will turn out. Can't say much from the two trailers.
Old 2011-06-09, 06:35   Link #454
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I'm not a big fan of Ninja Theory since they let me down so hard with Enslaved.

But in defense of what they're doing here, I think we're looking at Dante as a frustrated character just figuring out about his powers. He'll probably learn to accept it near the end and obtain his "humor", "sarcasm" as well as trademark white hair (since it seems like his Devil Trigger makes him go full on white hair).

I'm not against the idea of rebooting Devil May Cry for a serious take on the story. Because honestly the story of Devil May Cry was always trash and almost non-existant, it was always style style style, some substance would definitely enhance it. Narrative definitely helps drive an action game just look at God of War. With all that said I'm upset they're using Unreal Engine instead of MT Framework. The game doesn't look as nice as DMC4 honestly. I thought DMC4 was beautiful and it's sad that they didn't continue with Nero since I really liked his grab moves.

Sigh...and I really have to say if we look at Ninja Theory's track record Heavenly Sword and Enslaved. They pride themselves in story-telling but they really are NOT THAT GOOD at it. In fact they're horrible story-tellers. They're great at portraying characters and breathing life into them. The villain Andy Serkis played in Heavenly Sword was fantastic, Monkey and Trish were great too...but none of them live up to what they envision. Nothing is close to emotional or dramatic or humorous in their stories...so far. Let's hope DmC will change this.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 07:11   Link #455
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Interview

From NT forums

Most asked questions in chat:
What is the framerate?
Is there going to be a PC version?
Why does the combat in the trailer look so slow?

Questions asked by the interviewer:
Are there new weapons?
Will old characters appear?

Answers:
Can't talk about it.
Can't talk about it.

They kept dodging questions....=_=

Live Stream

When asked about the whole "reboot vs prequel" ordeal, they confirmed that this is a REBIRTH of the series. Alex Jones said fans shouldn't necessarily look at the story of older games for complete reference to this game but that the general formula from previous games will be there.

Complete reboot/rebirth/re-telling of the origin other words an alternate new universe for DmC.

- A fan asked if there'd be any returning characters. They couldn't speak about it but they said fans will be pleasantly surprised by who ends up in the game.

Vergil possible since this is a restart and rebirth/retelling of the story, which in fact they named Donte "Tony" now like in the novel and anime.

- The interviewer brought up fans' concerns about whether the game is being developed in-house at Capcom Japan. Alex Jones said they were working very closely with them and that the director from all previous games is heavily involved in the development of it.

Same thing he said in the first interview working closely with Capcom, but as seen Itsuno is hard at work at Dragons Dogma and didn't say a word in the panel

- About the weapons, they couldn't go into specifics about the number of weapons but they said they really want variety in the combat and ways you can dispose of enemies.

Morphing all purpose weapon....

Framerate they dodge the question they can't say...
every one will dodge questions, specialy stupid ones like "Will old characters show up?" Suure! why not spoil any jaw dropping surpises!
Old 2011-06-09, 22:09   Link #456
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Those question where legit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2Vqg9Hlvg

Old 2011-06-10, 14:23   Link #457
Used Can

The final part of that video was so fucking ludicrous - yet a bit creepy. The funniest part was the "Leave Dante alone!". That reminded me of Chris Crocker for a second.
Old 2011-06-11, 03:43   Link #458
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

2 of the guys in the vid sounded Asian. Probably some highschool/college DMC fan boys.

Anyways now the framerate is the big issue in Capcom Unity.

Other news Kamiya and Platinum games are ready to make a DMC5 if Capcom wants too.

From Twitter:

"If Capcom came and asked you and platinum to do DMC, would Platinum management go for it?"
"Sure. We're ready."

twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya
Old 2011-06-11, 10:36   Link #459
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
2 of the guys in the vid sounded Asian. Probably some highschool/college DMC fan boys.

Anyways now the framerate is the big issue in Capcom Unity.

Other news Kamiya and Platinum games are ready to make a DMC5 if Capcom wants too.

From Twitter:

"If Capcom came and asked you and platinum to do DMC, would Platinum management go for it?"
"Sure. We're ready."

twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya
Good, I hope that becomes true.
Old 2011-06-11, 10:40   Link #460
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I want a vergil stand alone game.......WHAT!?