AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 14:04   Link #3901
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Liliana sounds like a butt monkey when she criticizes Goudo. It's hilarious. I'll forgive her for that. It's for comedy, watching some foolish girl nagging at you.

Yuri is... annoying. She nags him for about almost anything he's not at fault or can't be helped. If not for her power...

Erica is smart and hardly nags. She drops her tsundere attitude since Goudo defeated Verethragna. She's possessive though, but that's normal for a legal wife. How would your mom feel if she know your dad is too popular with women and your family might be in crisis because of that? I'd think it's too ungrateful to just ditch her who fights alongside him before he even becomes a campione for some girls. In fact, without Erica, Goudo might never become a campione, or lost his life fighting Salvatore. Erica is just perfect for a partner.

Ena... I don't quite like her but at least Goudo wouldn't mind having someone like her by his side. She's more acceptable of Goudo than anyone in the group and NEVER complains.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:30   Link #3902
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Yuri is a very useful tool. I don't like her attitude though. I prefer Liliana and Erica best. She's lucky the campione of Japan is someone as easy to manipulated and goodhearted as Goudo.

When we see a bug, we normally ignore it. But if the bug annoys us, we'll squash it. It applies to campione crushing normal people. I don't think campione and gods should view humans as their equal since humans kill animals easily. I don't count too low class animal like hydra or sponge to have mind, but I think bugs and above have their own thought, yet we simply crushing them. We also kill pigs and chickens as food, while breeding them in the worst condition for animal to live.

I think what all gods and tyrannical campiones do is normal. They're not humans, why would they give a shit about killing us? And in turn we should find a way to get rid of them.

Hell, when we have a good guy like Goudo, human still complains...

If I were Goudo I'll let Yuri wear erotic miko costume with visible breasts all time if she dares nagging me for things I don't hold responsibility for. Hell, won't you be mad if someone calling you an asshole living a life of debauchery when you never want to do that?

Goudo is someone who doesn't want to live like his family does. He tries to escape his fate, yet someone getting possessive of him and nagging him about this. I tolerate Liliana because of her ponytail but I can't forgive Yuri.
I can't tell if you're serious or just trying to rile everyone up, but the person you are describing here is Voban. Use the power you have to make everyone think and act like you want and kill the rest.
Old 2012-09-14, 17:00   Link #3903
Mechatrill

I personally like Yuri quite a bit as a character, and not just because I have a soft spot for the yamato nadeshiko type.

She has two major turning points in her attitude towards Godou, I think. The first is in volume 2, after Godou saves her from Volban. Here is where she first starts to fall for Godou, but she's still fairly reserved in her attitude towards him... The second turning point is volume 5, where she is cornered and has to make a do or die decision on what her feelings toward Godou is. After she makes it, she goes in all the way. After volume 5, I can hardly remember seeing any instance of Yuri harshly lecturing Godou like she did in volume 1... It's quite marked change in how she goes from "Then, why don't you watch your surroundings more! These gardens are ruined, and just how do you plan to take care of what happened over there?" at the end of volume 1 to "No, no, this was unavoidable... I will pay penance together with you." at the end of volume 5. Now that's character development.

On Yuri herself, I personally think she makes for a very nice contrast with Erica in general behavior. Erica is brash, outgoing, willing to tell the whole world how much she's in love, and demonstrates her displeasure with Godou physically (with a sword sometimes). Yuri on the other hand is shy, quiet, too embarrassed to firmly confess in front of Godou (perfectly reasonable for a 15 year old Japanese girl, I think), and demonstrates her displeasure with words, rather than actions. Despite their differences though, both Erica and Yuri are in love, and they are both firmly committed to it. Erica shows this through her flamboyant actions, declaring that she and Godou are lovers to anyone and everyone, and while Yuri is far more reserved, she is no less committed and determined (see vol 5 ch 7. That girl has some steel in her spine).

To put is somewhat metaphorically, Erica is a whirlwind of romance promising passion and excitement, whereas Yuri is a mountain of stability promising calmness and a long, fruitful life. It's the difference between falling in love and being in love, and for Godou who, above all, values a normal life, Yuri matches him far better than anyone else (which even Erica has commented on).

On my personal ranking of the girls, I approached this from the standpoint of "how do they approach their relationship with Godou"?

On Erica, once she's fallen in love, she goes all steam ahead. She declares her love to Godou without reservation and pursue him relentlessly. Erica would be the one to take the lead in pretty much everything they do, and she would drag Godou out of his shell of obliviousness toward girls, kicking and screaming if need be. Eventually, she would have Godou admit defeat and confirm their relationship or die trying. The fact that she would actively batter down Godou's denseness rather than backing off out of embarrassment like so many other harem series females makes her my personal favorite by a slim margin.

Yuri, on the other hand, does not go the aggressive route. She simply stays by Godou's side, hanging out, eating lunch, talking... The two simply click together, like an old couple who's been happily married for years. When Erica or Ena approaches Godou romantically, he's automatically on guard and tries to back away, but when Yuri does the same, he completely lowers his guard like them being together is perfectly normal. Again, this is the whole "falling in love vs being in love" thing, which I personally find very compelling. Thus, Yuri get's number 2 on my personal rankings.

That just leaves Ena and Liliana. Ena, while forward like Erica, gives off a slightly shallow feeling to me, like she's pursuing Godou just because she's supposed to, and I just can't feel any real chemistry between the two. This does change come volume 9, but not enough, I think (it might also be because I just couldn't get into it enough to feel it, seeing as I read the Chinese translation and my own Chinese is a bit rusty...), but it does get her number 3 on my rankings. Liliana, on the other hand, does have the sincerity and chemistry down, but she lacks initiative to me. Unlike the other three girls, she has never admitted to anyone, Godou or otherwise, that she is in fact in love with him. This lack of initiative would most likely cause their relationship as is to stall, trapped between her insistence on being a "knight" rather than a "lover" and Godou's general denseness toward girls, which is a critical flaw for any romantic relationship between the two. This is one of my personal pet peeves in romantic series with a dense male lead. Again, future volumes may overturn this, but for now, that critical flaw lands Liliana in last place.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:07   Link #3904
blackwhite67
Banned

Hey, someone's gotta play the tsundere.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:27   Link #3905
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I can't tell if you're serious or just trying to rile everyone up, but the person you are describing here is Voban. Use the power you have to make everyone think and act like you want and kill the rest.
Yeah, but all gods appear in the LN are as bad as him, if not worse...

Luo Hao is also a tyrant who lacks commonsense. The difference is that since she doesn't come out often, she didn't kill as many people as Voban.

I really think what Voban does is justified for him, I'd hate him if he bother me though.

Think about it, a nobody who no one would care if he died pitifully on the street gaining godlike power. Most people would fear him first for his power, not his personality. An evil man who can't do shit is of no concern to you, but superman would make you tremble in fear knowing of someone far more powerful than you, can kill you whenever he wants. You'd want to get rid of him, but since you can't you'd need to use other approach.

Goudo is a good person but surely, people are aware of his godlike power and kind of fear him. They wouldn't want to make him angry because they fear he'd get pissed, not because they're good people with moral. They also use him.

As I've said before, Voban is fearsome because of his power. Sure he's inhuman. But he can do such terrible deeds with his authorities. That's why dictators are powerful people who think with their dicks.

But beware that there are people who can kill you for the sake of so little money, even if you never ever offend them.

No matter how good a person can be, if he's different or superior than us, that we can't say he's the same as us, we'd fear him and wants him gone. It's normal for human to envy, fear and despise those superior than them and look down on those they deem inferior. You know, no one wants someone to hurt them, but most fail to realize this.

It's just that Voban can be such a dick while other people with same or worse personality can't pull it. At least he's not a hypocrite. He publicly declares himself as a dick, a huge one.

Horrible dictators like Pol Pot slaughtered so many people in Cambodia for no good reason, and his asshole Red Khmer were happy doing such inhuman act with him. Million North Korean people starve to death each year that they require aid, while Kim Il-song and Kim Jong Il are worshipped like gods (well, I bet people would skin them alive if North and South Korea unified and the PRK finally know what stupidity they have done during the last 60 years worshipping them). Stalin sent 20M Red Army to be slaughtered by the Nazi despite knowing that the casualty would be so high, since he can just send more to die, also Gulag. The Japanese killed 20M during WW2, the prince was in the army and massacred many civilians but the emperor household is totally unaffected after the war. The Chinese communist blatantly lie about they being communist since the're the most capitalistic nation that makes 90% folk so poor to feed 1% elites, the Japanese government sent so much money to China as war compensation but the government keep all those money for themselves and telling their citizen that Japanese never send anything. I wonder what they actually think of their people. These dictators far exceed Voban, even when they're just normal humans...

Voban just simply admit he's a dick, who'll kill anyone saying he's a dick, or killing you for the lulz. But at least he's not a hypocrite like real world dictators. We know who we should direct our hatred to since everyone hates him...

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-09-14 at 18:00.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 18:56   Link #3906
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Yeah, but all gods appear in the LN are as bad as him, if not worse...

Luo Hao is also a tyrant who lacks commonsense. The difference is that since she doesn't come out often, she didn't kill as many people as Voban.

I really think what Voban does is justified for him, I'd hate him if he bother me though.

Think about it, a nobody who no one would care if he died pitifully on the street gaining godlike power. Most people would fear him first for his power, not his personality. An evil man who can't do shit is of no concern to you, but superman would make you tremble in fear knowing of someone far more powerful than you, can kill you whenever he wants. You'd want to get rid of him, but since you can't you'd need to use other approach.

Goudo is a good person but surely, people are aware of his godlike power and kind of fear him. They wouldn't want to make him angry because they fear he'd get pissed, not because they're good people with moral. They also use him.

As I've said before, Voban is fearsome because of his power. Sure he's inhuman. But he can do such terrible deeds with his authorities. That's why dictators are powerful people who think with their dicks.

But beware that there are people who can kill you for the sake of so little money, even if you never ever offend them.

No matter how good a person can be, if he's different or superior than us, that we can't say he's the same as us, we'd fear him and wants him gone. It's normal for human to envy, fear and despise those superior than them and look down on those they deem inferior. You know, no one wants someone to hurt them, but most fail to realize this.

It's just that Voban can be such a dick while other people with same or worse personality can't pull it. At least he's not a hypocrite. He publicly declares himself as a dick, a huge one.

Horrible dictators like Pol Pot slaughtered so many people in Cambodia for no good reason, and his asshole Red Khmer were happy doing such inhuman act with him. Million North Korean people starve to death each year that they require aid, while Kim Il-song and Kim Jong Il are worshipped like gods (well, I bet people would skin them alive if North and South Korea unified and the PRK finally know what stupidity they have done during the last 60 years worshipping them). Stalin sent 20M Red Army to be slaughtered by the Nazi despite knowing that the casualty would be so high, since he can just send more to die, also Gulag. The Japanese killed 20M during WW2, the prince was in the army and massacred many civilians but the emperor household is totally unaffected after the war. The Chinese communist blatantly lie about they being communist since the're the most capitalistic nation that makes 90% folk so poor to feed 1% elites, the Japanese government sent so much money to China as war compensation but the government keep all those money for themselves and telling their citizen that Japanese never send anything. I wonder what they actually think of their people. These dictators far exceed Voban, even when they're just normal humans...

Voban just simply admit he's a dick, who'll kill anyone saying he's a dick, or killing you for the lulz. But at least he's not a hypocrite like real world dictators. We know who we should direct our hatred to since everyone hates him...
Primary point of importance here...

HE'S A DICK!!!

And you are saying Godou should be more like him. Think about that for a second. Would you really read a LN or manga about someone who didn't give a shit about anything but his own personal desires? Every single one of the girls would be dead at this point.
Old 2012-09-14, 19:03   Link #3907
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I think some people should be reading guro LNs and not campione -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 19:21   Link #3908
Kadi
知識の探求者

Hagure Yuusha might suit their tastes...

Back to topic: Godou generally treats everyone equally with respect and he doesn't distinguish between god, campione and human. That's what draws people to him. He's the complete opposite of Kleeyook's ideal. And to be honest, I like him a lot better like that, the way he is.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 20:50   Link #3909
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Hagure Yuusha might suit their tastes...

Back to topic: Godou generally treats everyone equally with respect and he doesn't distinguish between god, campione and human. That's what draws people to him. He's the complete opposite of Kleeyook's ideal. And to be honest, I like him a lot better like that, the way he is.
Yeah, its one of the reasons why Erica, Yuri, Liliana, and Ena (Maybe, probably not she is quite accepting) is worried about him because specifically it draw women to him.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:09   Link #3910
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hey guys, curious, any speculation on who the figure that Godou sees in the V8 omake is? Doesn't need to be a spoiler, guesses are okay! I thought it was future Godou at first.. But I can't imagine him actually ever truly "tiring" of battle considering his inner feelings are like Doni's.. I'm guessing it's the "King of the End"
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:16   Link #3911
Azure-Priest

At the end of Vol 7, Heretic "Great Sage Equaling Heaven" and his two subordinate gods are DEAD, why the sam hill didn't anyone get an authority? It certainly isn't like Doni killing Perseus where he beat up a god at the point of death. No, in this case, the battle was VERY flashy, and the steel monkey was one heavy hitter.

Is it simply that the authorities didn't match their personalities? Or is Pandora being stingy?
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:22   Link #3912
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
At the end of Vol 7, Heretic "Great Sage Equaling Heaven" and his two subordinate gods are DEAD, why the sam hill didn't anyone get an authority? It certainly isn't like Doni killing Perseus where he beat up a god at the point of death. No, in this case, the battle was VERY flashy, and the steel monkey was one heavy hitter.

Is it simply that the authorities didn't match their personalities? Or is Pandora being stingy?
If you payed attention it explains why they didn't right in the story. The finale was a group effort. Authorities are only earned in a 1v1. It was a 3v3 so there was no clear credit for the kills.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:27   Link #3913
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
If you payed attention it explains why they didn't right in the story. The finale was a group effort. Authorities are only earned in a 1v1. It was a 3v3 so there was no clear credit for the kills.
Is that so? It had been stated at the end of Vol 4 that in order to become a Campione, one had to satisfy Mother Pandora in fair and square combat with a god, not necessarily 1 vs 1 combat.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:32   Link #3914
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

remember that when son wokung came back to earth he already was fused with the other 2 .. so it was 3 gods in 1 even if they had 3 separate bodies they counted as one god .. so 3 campiones against 1 god its unfair =/ ( at least i guess it is for Pandora )

but im a little disappointed .. or maybe its cause i believe the spoilers too much xD
but i was waiting for the boar cover in armor xD ( or is that a spoiler for a diferent volume?? )
Old 2012-09-14, 21:43   Link #3915
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Actually, no. YOU should have paid attention to Doni Salvatore's internal monologue when he killed Perseus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatori
Campione battles do not have to be one on one, but the victory must be done in a way to make Pandora say "well done." In this case with Perseus, Pandora would probably just puff her cheeks and say "that just will not do."
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:57   Link #3916
XFire
150% done

@Azure-Priest the problem wasn't that there were more than one Campione versus one God, but that there was no clear "Kill". If the Campione had each killed their opponents before the merge, then they would have gotten Authorities. If there had been one clear finisher for the last battle, then that Campione would have gotten an Authority. The problem was that the final blow was a combo from the three of them together, so there was no real clear "victor".

So the "battles" don't have to be one-on-one, but the "kills" do. At least that's how I interpreted it.
Old 2012-09-14, 21:57   Link #3917
Reek of Blood
Banned

Hmm, maybe it's because of Sun Wukong brothers were not in their true form, but rather additional avatar of Sun Wukong (or part of him). So, that would be the same as 3 Campione ganged on Sun Wukong alone
Old 2012-09-14, 22:13   Link #3918
zzhk
Summary Machine

Simply put, Pandora wants authorities to be earned by satisfying fights of merit.

Of course, satisfaction is up to her own interpretation...
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 22:33   Link #3919
Reek of Blood
Banned

Hahaha! Reading epilogue of Vol 7 when Yinghua calls Godou with 'uncle' is hilarious!
Old 2012-09-14, 23:10   Link #3920
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah, its one of the reasons why Erica, Yuri, Liliana, and Ena (Maybe, probably not she is quite accepting) is worried about him because specifically it draw women to him.
and his grandmother has same worries as them and pass the massage to Shizuka
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem