AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 32.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.77%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-11, 19:06   Link #21
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

A relax episode or a breather this one. Really prefer the tense and action pack episodes. Overall, the only thing I got from this episode is Cryska is showing love emotions, Yui has progress as a character, and gotten me interested in Mapo Tofu. Looks delicious right?
Spoiler for Mapo Tofu:
Old 2012-11-11, 19:28   Link #22
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I figure this ep, in the light novels, had the same role as the beach episodes: buy Kouki enough time to plan out the next arc (given that from all I've seen and read, apparently the serial novel was supposed to end at Episode 5).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-11, 19:44   Link #23
Kmos

Mapo tofu is delicious, most like it if they're not afraid of spiciness. Angel Beats also had mention of it if talking anime.
Episode was uneventful and blah.
Old 2012-11-11, 19:44   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Total Eclipse has never been focused on fighting the BETA. It's about TSF development. And seeing how Yuuya and the others characters grow as they experience things.
So even the BETA threat is secondary to finding out who Yuuya should love and get over his daddy/mommy issues......I mean really?
Old 2012-11-11, 19:54   Link #25
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

This was a fun watch. I have no problems with this episode. It's a nice to see everyone interacting.

It makes the tournament a bit more interesting since we see the minor characters hanging out with the main cast.

Everything you can ask for in a hot spring episode is here.

(A naked Hime and Ice Queen is never a bad thing. Sharon, y u no...)

What they could have done to make it even more hilarious was have Yuuya find himself accidentally going to the girls section and hearing things that he didn't want to hear along with V.G. and Vincent while they hide or run away from the BIG WAVE. I was cracking up at the subtle drumming that was playing right when Garios got them in his clutches.

When things started to get "dangerous" on the trail, Yuuya (Maverick) and Leon (Ice Man) teamed up to face an unknown enemy (MiGS).

Leon looks like he's trying to hold onto the grudge, but he noticed that Yuuya really changed and now he's having a hard time accepting it.

He was probably thinking, "If he could change, maybe I can too! I'll surpass him and be celebrated just like him!"

Everything was cool until THIS happen > http://i.imgur.com/kRqgN.jpg Look at that face. ("I take everything back!")

Leon has lost all respect for him and is now crying in a corner somewhere.

On a related noted, Lt. Olson is a genius and knows what he likes. *Salutes*

Spoiler for Ibrahim is not amused :

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-11-11 at 20:34.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:07   Link #26
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I figure this ep, in the light novels, had the same role as the beach episodes: buy Kouki enough time to plan out the next arc (given that from all I've seen and read, apparently the serial novel was supposed to end at Episode 5).
But that's wrong. TE was supposed to end during the intermissions which is episode 6-7. It was short, but the reception that it got was good enough to warrant a longer project. That's all.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:13   Link #27
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So even the BETA threat is secondary to finding out who Yuuya should love and get over his daddy/mommy issues......I mean really?
I'm just going to quote the relevant bits of a post I made 2 weeks ago about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Thus TE is very much a sidestory to the actual war against BETA, but it doesn't mean their work in Project Prominence isn't as important. Another analogy is a film about the Spitfire development and improvement team contrasting The Battle of Britain.

TE has been compared to Macross Plus, and that's an apt description - this is not a big war story, but a more personal story set against the backdrop of war. We can see an underlying theme of identity and an uncertainty of self, something that Yuuya and Yui struggle with on a regular basis. That is - so far - one of the core themes of TE.

If I were to sum up the series as an Armor Piercing Question, Extra asks the question, "Who do I love?" Unlimited asks the question "How do I survive?" Alternative asks, "How do I overcome?"

Total Eclipse's question is more personal: "Who am I?"
I think it really says all that needs to be said.

Also, Go Top Jell! Getting in on trolling Macaroni was win, and I'm amused at how the Bridge Bunnies want her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendou View Post
But that's wrong. TE was supposed to end during the intermissions which is episode 6-7. It was short, but the reception that it got was good enough to warrant a longer project. That's all.
Really? That's interesting; what I'd read on Type-94 blog was that the beach episodes were to buy time while he plotted out the main story. I kinda see the onsen story as him coming up with something quick and easy to give him more time to prepare for the next episodes - which, if the Kamchatka arc is anything to go by, is probably going to be very interesting viewing.

As an aside, their rifles look to be the G36K carbines, rather than the G36C.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-11, 20:39   Link #28
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

This is where I'm at a crossroads. The Blu Rays notched the GORE up to 11, and I just don't know if I have the stomach for it. But at the same time, that fanservice is so good, its gonna be hard to pass up.

Anyway, very funny episode. The little ecchi pair Vincent and VG makes really works well, and found their entire scene hilarious. When Cui put the bowl in Yuuya's face, and we got a shot of the passed out members who ate it with that scream sound effect, I lost it. Was tearing up from laughing so hard.

Then once again, Yuuya gets to be the lucky bastard. Got to feel all up on Cryska, and he wondering what happened...no buddy, you need to be trying to take it further.

I still stand firm in my belief that I feel if Yuuya ever stepped up to Stella requesting a make out session, she'd give it to him. She even mentioned how she thinks he's cute. Something tells me you can bang her in the game.

Even though some will only see this as a pointless fanservice episode, the premise was brilliant, and was an overall good idea. It really DOES make sense to have these kind of hangout sessions where the different countries can spend time with each other and relieve stress. It really does suck when you have so much hostility towards other groups when you need to work together to beat the bigger issue, which is saving your existences.

But the lack of action war scenes don't really bother me since I was strictly told that this is the behind the scenes story, and not the actually battlefield where sh%t is real.
Old 2012-11-11, 21:34   Link #29
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 19

Nothing much.....

Just a lot of teasing in our part...!!!! How cruel can fan service be?!! Damn steam!!! I hate you!!!

*imagining

Yui's body....

Cryska's bottom....

and Inia's.... uhmmm loliness...

Argghhhh....!!!

I need the uncensored now!!!!
Old 2012-11-11, 21:36   Link #30
Shungin12

yea yuuya could easily have stella
but what was fuuny was how aggressive inia lol she wants it lol
how old is she like 15/16
Old 2012-11-11, 21:40   Link #31
yankky5

Anyway interesting trivia found in this ep Otaku's never die even in a BETA infested world xD
Old 2012-11-11, 21:49   Link #32
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Yes. If you want Beta than there's other Muv-Luv sources for that. If TE does well enough than the Beta infested ones(That seem to still have harem in it) may be next in the line for animated works.
Old 2012-11-11, 22:19   Link #33
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I've long passed the point where I could easily be amused by cheap harem hijinks and characters being degenerated into soulless Japanese stereotypes. This episode and the beach episodes make Muv-Luv Extra look like a masterpiece, and I do fully realize the irony of that statement, but it's true.

I'm not necessarily looking for more gore, despair, and BETA swarming; that's not what Total Eclipse is about, and it's not what Muv-Luv is really about either. I just want the international cast of characters to be compelling and charming, and not insult the mind of anyone who has stepped outside of Japanese soil. I also want the conflicts in this anime to be carried out without ghastly cliches and unnecessary harem tropes ruining everything.

Well, this will probably be my last rant on this series. Even if the last set of episodes are fun and exciting (which will probably be the case considering the previous layout of episodes), they won't sway my opinion very high.
Old 2012-11-11, 22:43   Link #34
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I really liked this anime and I watched this episode in hope it would get better, but I got dissapointed again.
Old 2012-11-11, 22:53   Link #35
Destined_Fate

When did Yui end up with a Yuri Harem? O_o
Old 2012-11-11, 23:00   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*episode of absolute no content*
*facepalm*

*El Shadai joke*
*facepalm*

*Sees next episode isn't even a new episode*
*double facepalm*

Sure, let's say the content was entertaining. But that is only for two reasons:
1. Because the content was so out of place
2. It was entertaining because it was so out of place
In other words, HAH?!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-11-11, 23:04   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
When did Yui end up with a Yuri Harem? O_o
Was there a Yuri Harem to begin with?
Old 2012-11-11, 23:10   Link #38
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Was there a Yuri Harem to begin with?
The three side girls for Argos Flight all want some of that Princess Yui. Though the oldest one seems content on just watching.
Old 2012-11-11, 23:13   Link #39
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The three side girls for Argos Flight all want some of that Princess Yui. Though the oldest one seems content on just watching.
God, I thought that was so serious... they're just envious....
Old 2012-11-11, 23:37   Link #40
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

When Cryska went into the mens side and approached Yuuya there was an scene full of steam shown twice and then Yuuya says something like "what did I saw?". Anyone knows about it? I have some suspicions but I it can't be *that* so if anyone has any info please do share.
Closed Thread