AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-19, 00:00   Link #121
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, episode 2 did a better job at capturing the inherent cruelty of the human experience that's so much at the heart of this tragic story. Still, the jury is still out on which way this goes from here. The appearance of Javert is obviously a crucial junction - will he be portrayed as a cartoonish villian, or as an obsessed man who always, without fail, believes he's doing what is right? The ultimate test of how far these writers are willing to go with the material, I suppose, will be in how they handle the Gavroche character arc...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 14:08   Link #122
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

One annoyance I've found after watching ep 8:
Spoiler:
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 05:44   Link #123
Falco C.

News 'bout subbers?
Falco C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 17:31   Link #124
FireChick

Obviously not. Delicious hasn't subbed since episode 3 and Yoroshiku is too focused on Kekkaishi and another series which I can't mention (not in a mean way). I wish they'd go faster.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 17:45   Link #125
Ursula Lanoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodar View Post
One annoyance I've found after watching ep 8:
Spoiler:
I'm hardly surprised at that. In fact, I expected the (borderline spoiler)
Spoiler:
since the start, given the overall tone of the show.
Ursula Lanoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:56   Link #126
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan

It might be already discussed, but I have no idea why
Spoiler:
So far, I've not been impressed with music. It's a very classical effort, fitting sequences quite well, yer utterly forgettable. That deserves my disappointment, since I've watched this anime just because the composer who fares well in the VGM industry works on it.
Allamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 18:18   Link #127
FireChick

Well, I managed to get my dad to watch the first episode of this instead of just watching the opening song (he really likes it). And I can hear the episode from my room, his room and the dining room! He must be having a good time. And I saw episode 5 a few days ago and I'm not liking Eponine very much since she's accusing Cosette of stealing. That reminds me of back in 6th grade when kids in my class started accusing me of stealing Pokemon cards from this boy I know even though I never did steal anything from him in the first place. Sorry if I went off-topic here. I'm not much of a fan of Thenardiers (is that how you spell it? I think it might be).
Old 2007-05-23, 01:22   Link #128
Pakxenon
popcorn

Well... I've never read the book before, but an adaption of the famous 19th century French novel really intrigued me, so just now I blazed through the first 4 episodes that have been sitting on my E:/ for quite some time now, and I can't wait for episode 5 from [Delicious] to finish.

For an adaption for kids, I'm simply blown away - the feeling of sticking-to-the-source was felt, even though some minor changes had to be made. Each episode was thoroughly enjoyable and the situations were easy to identify (I haven't felt the need to hate the antagonists... for now). The characters acted in perfect sense, and there's a lot of mysteries and conflict presented already for a fitting fledging of 52 episodes.

Hopefully it turns out alright, and hopefully [Delicious] pumps out those episodes regularily (actually... they haven't released anything for a month now T___________T). I can't believe the releases are so slow!
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 05:58   Link #129
FireChick

Yeah! I need to get episodes 2 and 3 back for my dad! Oh! They did release episode 5.
Old 2007-07-13, 02:03   Link #130
bubu
Glittering

Are Delicious defunct? They haven't released an episode since April and there is nothing but a placeholder at their website. Yoroshiku has dropped the series, so now I'm afraid it will never get subbed.
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 20:19   Link #131
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
AFAIK, Delicious had plans to have ep.6 out by the end of June, but all of the staffers seem to have disappeared. May be a lost cause.

Then again, maybe some group will pick it up.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:29   Link #132
FireChick

Yoroshiku has officially dropped Les Mis and replaced it with Umisho. Noooooooo!!!
Old 2007-07-23, 17:15   Link #133
Ursula Lanoire

Since there are no English-language subbers, are there subs out there in other languages? (Spanish or French, ideally, but I could probably muddle my way through any western European language.)
Ursula Lanoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 15:50   Link #134
FireChick

I wonder if this is gonna get licensed? If it is, then I hope either ADV, ShoPro or Geneon will get it.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:16   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula Lanoire View Post
Since there are no English-language subbers, are there subs out there in other languages? (Spanish or French, ideally, but I could probably muddle my way through any western European language.)
Checking tokytosho.com, I see Italian subs up to ep5 and Portuguese up to ep4, but some of the torrents may be dead by now. Chinese subs are up to date, but that's probably not much help, especially since most of the older torrents have no seeders.

Personally, I just dropped back in to this show at ep20, and am enjoying the several episodes I've watched (raw or with Chinese subs). I came back to hear Sasaki Nozomi, who plays Charlotte, the forward little girl in the convent. Sasaki-san was Nanami in Bokura ga Ita. I thought that her unique, slightly lisping voice didn't work too well in ep20, but got better in 21. She is always riveting. But Nazuka Kaori as Cosette is the most riveting of all.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 22:38   Link #136
froggy01

I was disappointed that Yoroshiku dropped it, and that Delicious's website went defunct. However, they do have an irc channel #delicious at enterthegame.com. I'm a Les Mis fan (of the Victor Hugo book reading variety) and know very little about anime, but I had been looking forward to watching the series. Especially in a language I understand!

Ideally, it will be licensed. There may be some hope for that because Les Mis is famous, but I suppose that could take a while. I had looked and looked for anything beyond episode 5 in a Romance language, but I have not been able to find anything. This is especially disappointing, as it seems to have returned to the book's actual plot after those deviations in the first several episodes.

I stopped downloading the raw files after I saw those two English groups had it, so I am missing episodes 6-17, which if anyone can help out with an active torrent or and upload that would be nice.

I'm happy to upload via a service like megaupload if anyone needs 18-31 without subtitles.

Last edited by froggy01; 2007-08-09 at 23:29.
froggy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 16:28   Link #137
FireChick

Quote:
Ideally, it will be licensed. There may be some hope for that because Les Mis is famous, but I suppose that could take a while
You might be right. Usually several popular anime take like 2-3 years to license. Some don't even get licensed at all! Since no other World Masterpiece Theather anime has been licensed, I sincerely hope that Les Mis finally gets the chance. Maybe Bandai should get this? Maybe Geneon or something?
Old 2007-08-10, 16:36   Link #138
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I really doubt that it'll get licensed though. It doesn't seem like a title that would have a very large American fanbase, and the point of licensing and distributing series is to make money, after all. Pull a NA anime-viewer aside and have them choose between a Bleach DVD or Les Mis DVD, which would they choose?

Les Misérables would appeal primarily to those who already have an interest in the story more so than those who like all sorts of anime, so companies here would have to really focus on converting the book-readers to watching anime, something that is still considered its own genre here (and is still often thought of as something for geeks or kids).

I'd hate to say it, but I think there's only a very miniscule chance at most that this title would get picked up.

The raws are impossible to get now... I've tried.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 08:30   Link #139
FireChick

Yeah. RAWs have been impossible to find. They're not even on YouTube anymore! Oh! I think adults will buy Les Mis if it was licensed. Like my dad, he likes it.
Old 2007-08-12, 14:23   Link #140
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply that *nobody* would buy DVDs if it were released here. I was saying we have to take into consideration that:

a. There are people who are into anime but aren't interested at all in Les Mis,
b. There are people who are into Les Mis but aren't interested at all in anime (it would be difficult to convert most of them, methinks), and
c. There are people who aren't into anime or Les Mis at all.

There will be people who will like both anime and Les Mis, but I don't think there's a significant amount of people who are and so there wouldn't be enough money generated over it to make any company happy about licensing it.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical