AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 14:08   Link #801
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Zessica teased Amata for fun the first time, but on that bungee ticket booth, she seems annoyed because Amata kept looking for Mikono. She'll probably fall for him for real too
Yup and they will end up together and have many childrens ! ...*run away*

Quote:
Btw, saw this coming, without Madoka though XP
Lol, in a fight, Shinobu will obvioulsy win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post

I don't get it...
It's Shinobu from Bake/Nisomonogatari. A vampire who loves donuts.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:16   Link #802
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can understand Shinobu, but why is Madoka there? Just because she makes that "maru" sign?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 14:23   Link #803
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Because I LOVE MECHA. I LOVE ACTION. I LOVE SEEING BATTLES. I don't want to see this EVOL morph into a romantic comedy that has little action--this is a Seinen damn it. (It is a Seinen right?) Seinen and Shounen are my preferred Genre (Yaoi is special) I want to see combining mecha and fancy fighting moves. I want to see a clash of steel--er whatever metal Aquarion is made of
Seinen and shounen are technically not "genres" but simply classifications for magazines. Those terms were not meant for anime. Anyway, not all mecha series have battles in each episode, but it's not a problem because build up is good too.
Quote:
I also want LUNAR AND MARS!!! I liked them just as much as I did Solar Aquarion.
Mars is now Gepalt, though it looks more like Omega. The third form of Evol as seen in the preview looks like Mars and Lunar combined. It does have the sword of Mars.
Quote:
I prefer the original one over Aquarion Evol
While I like the original more, the Evol has been growing on me... it does look like it came out of "Pimp my ride", but it has its charm.

And while I don't like the fact pieces detach during transformation, I like that the torso joins directly with the legs in all transformations (or at least so it seems). It's like it could turn into a robot with just two vectors.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:02   Link #804
Katapan
俺様祭り

I stumbled upon some bits of information from interviews with director Yamamoto Yuusuke and Amata's seiyuu Kaji Yuuki in some magazine (FREECELL):

Spoiler for Vague spoilers for the few upcoming episodes:

Man, that's Okada for you wwwww
Old 2012-02-01, 15:06   Link #805
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Comrade! My feelings are the same especially in the pairing support
Hells yeah! *brofist*

Quote:
But the story has made it a conscious effort to say "Love is forbidden!" and gave various reasons for it So that might be abit complicating if you want to see a pairing bloom this early
Ah well, it'd be ideal but I won't enjoy the show any less if it doesn't actually occur. I strongly agree with what Ypocaramel said; I'm sure the protagonists will manage to overcome the barriers placed in front of them by refining the bonds they have with each other. This goes double for the 'main couple'; whoever the hell they turn out to be.

Quote:
If there's another sequel it would probably be another 12000 years.
Perhaps. I'm just worried that we won't get a satisfying ending, and the producers will decide to remedy this by creating another sequel.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I stumbled upon some bits of information from interviews with director Yamamoto Yuusuke and Amata's seiyuu Kaji Yuuki in some magazine (FREECELL):

Heh, I see people were spot on in thinking Mikono may be somewhat evil and that Zess will fall for Amata. I wonder what that shocking revelation will be, and if it is in anyway related to the wedding scene with Kagura and Mikono?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:07   Link #806
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Okaaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Seriously,and here I thought this show was what uncencored Okada looked like

Quote:
don't want to see this EVOL morph into a romantic comedy that has little action--this is a Seinen damn it.
There's plenty of Seinen romantic comedies out there

Last edited by totoum; 2012-02-01 at 15:24.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:07   Link #807
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Damn you Mari Okada.

Why must you tease us with brilliance and then give us nothing but weird crap? I'll never understand what goes on in your mind...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:09   Link #808
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

Welp I'm just starting this show now against all my better judgement since it just looks so not like the type of mecha story I enjoy. Probably safe to say I'll be skipping those episodes with no regrets. Why every show feels it needs to have episodes that focus strictly on bland school life stuff I don't know....like was the balance it was striking in the first few episodes I've seen not enough apparently?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:22   Link #809
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Heh, I see people were spot on in thinking Mikono may be somewhat evil and that Zess will fall for Amata. I wonder what that shocking revelation will be, and if it is in anyway related to the wedding scene with Kagura and Mikono?
I figured there was something up with her since we see the Abductor's planet behind her in the water in the OP...

But I'm still rooting for her regardless, both Zessica and Mikono strike me as interesting character's.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:40   Link #810
Kusa-San

Thanks for these infos Katapan
Quote:
- Zessica's feelings will keep evolving from now on.
Just as planned

And I'm not really surprised about Mikono. She seems the kind of girl who seems gentle but in reality has a dark side. And I'm sure this dark side is because of Cayenne.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:49   Link #811
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
I figured there was something up with her since we see the Abductor's planet behind her in the water in the OP...

But I'm still rooting for her regardless, both Zessica and Mikono strike me as interesting character's.
Oh.. I failed to notice that. Saying she's 'evil' is much too vague; she could very well be rotten to the core (unlikely), or like Kusa said, she may simply have some sort of dark side.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:51   Link #812
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Oh.. I failed to notice that. Saying she's 'evil' is much too vague; she could very well be rotten to the core (unlikely), or like Kusa said, she may simply have some sort of dark side.
And Okada is a troll that likes to play with the audience's mind,I'm taking anything she says with a grain of sault.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:54   Link #813
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Well have you seen a women when they are really jealous? That is literally like pure evil itself and if these little bread crumbs are true and Zessica's feelings with start to mature more towards Amata well i can see how Mikono could go over to the darkside.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:58   Link #814
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
And Okada is a troll that likes to play with the audience's mind,I'm taking anything she says with a grain of sault.
Haha, well isn't that just peachy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Well have you seen a women when they are really jealous? That is literally like pure evil itself and if these little bread crumbs are true and Zessica's feelings with start to mature more towards Amata well i can see how Mikono could go over to the darkside.
Yeah.. XD. But that's what I meant by saying her statement was 'vague', even if I didn't include that exact example.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:58   Link #815
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
That's possible, I'm also thinking of a possible betrayal in that if Kagura succeeded in kidnapping her, Stockholm Syndrome + Destiny may lead to her agreeing to Kagura's group philosophy and (perhaps unwittingly, it depends) help them out and makes her 'evil'. That would also mean that Amata is stuck at Neo-Deava with Zessica, making it a perfect opportunity for her to get more spotlight and for her feelings to grow.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:59   Link #816
miketyson

Interesting if true. It sounds right for sure, especially the part about Mikono being a bit endearing for trying so hard, but still being an accidental villain due to her airheadness.

My guess at a rough outline up to the shocking events, then: she won't get abducted next week, but the seed of going to Altair will be planted, and in particular Kagura's single-mindedness will appeal to Mikono, for sure. Some kind of shenanigans will go down during the slice-of-life episodes, leaving the already-insecure Mikono feeling even-more useless (and thinking that Amata's not interested in her anymore, either). Might be as simple as her completely failing to manifest an element, despite putting in tons of effort, and watching Zessica and Amata start bonding over their training.

Mikono will get an offer from Kagura (or perhaps directly from Mykage?) and *voluntarily* decide to go to Altair, sneaking away in the middle of the night. When she arrives @ Altair we'll get some exposition and backstory, and she'll decide to go through with the wedding (even if it means she'll die, or whatever) because by doing so she can save vega from the abductors. She finally gets her chance to be useful, yadda yadda.

Cue up the rescue arc, where stuff will really hits the fan. If it plays out roughly as outlined above there's a huge range of "shocking" ways it could go, including Mikono dying (potential rage from Amata and Kagura), Kagura dying (potential rage from Mikono and Mykage), and lord knows what other wild directions it could go.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd stick with the show if it deviated too far from the straightforward Amata-Mikono pairing; I'm not really shipping them per se, I just see this show as "simple fun", and if the romantic plots get too complicated or emo it wouldn't be "simple fun" for me anymore.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 16:09   Link #817
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I know I might regret this later (for it's kinda early to call it) but I'm going to say Amata x Mikono win.
Old 2012-02-01, 16:10   Link #818
Kusa-San

What's really interestinng is, in the end, it's maybe because of Cayenne visions that Cayenne visions will really happen. I mean because of his visions, Cayenne treated "badly" his sister and because of that, his visions will happen. That's why he always has them.
Old 2012-02-01, 16:18   Link #819
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Interesting if true. It sounds right for sure, especially the part about Mikono being a bit endearing for trying so hard, but still being an accidental villain due to her airheadness.

My guess at a rough outline up to the shocking events, then: she won't get abducted next week, but the seed of going to Altair will be planted, and in particular Kagura's single-mindedness will appeal to Mikono, for sure. Some kind of shenanigans will go down during the slice-of-life episodes, leaving the already-insecure Mikono feeling even-more useless (and thinking that Amata's not interested in her anymore, either). Might be as simple as her completely failing to manifest an element, despite putting in tons of effort, and watching Zessica and Amata start bonding over their training.

Mikono will get an offer from Kagura (or perhaps directly from Mykage?) and *voluntarily* decide to go to Altair, sneaking away in the middle of the night. When she arrives @ Altair we'll get some exposition and backstory, and she'll decide to go through with the wedding (even if it means she'll die, or whatever) because by doing so she can save vega from the abductors. She finally gets her chance to be useful, yadda yadda.

Cue up the rescue arc, where stuff will really hits the fan. If it plays out roughly as outlined above there's a huge range of "shocking" ways it could go, including Mikono dying (potential rage from Amata and Kagura), Kagura dying (potential rage from Mikono and Mykage), and lord knows what other wild directions it could go.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd stick with the show if it deviated too far from the straightforward Amata-Mikono pairing; I'm not really shipping them per se, I just see this show as "simple fun", and if the romantic plots get too complicated or emo it wouldn't be "simple fun" for me anymore.
That's an interesting take on Okada's statement. However, I think something like this would be a little too dark for the show; killing off popular characters is never a good thing for a show that comes across as a colourful mecha story with some romance.

I usually like dark stories, but I'd prefer to know if the show is one or not from the get-go. Otherwise, I may end dropping the show.
Old 2012-02-01, 16:34   Link #820
miketyson

Quote:
I usually like dark stories, but I'd prefer to know if the show is one or not from the get-go. Otherwise, I may end dropping the show.
I totally agree, I don't mind a dark show or a show with complicated characters, but I don't like shows that start out all "broad strokes! primary colors!" and then turn all grimdark partway through; if it starts going that way I'll be dropping it too.

So even though it's probably mostly wrong, I think I'm at least in the right ballpark up until "shocking developments", but my guesses past "Mikono goes to Altair" are just me inventing "shocking" scenarios for kicks. I really like the idea of Kagura getting killed off -- and anger over this changing "fabulous Mykage, stealer of your women" into "furious Mykage, destroyer of your world" -- but that seems unlikely (unless Kagura's just a clone/android/whatever and there're like 10 more Kaguras in cold storage, but that also seems unlikely).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction