AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-07-11, 22:58   Link #12981
B214

Well it's not on the chapter that's for sure.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 23:15   Link #12982
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well it's not on the chapter that's for sure.
He wasn't talking about the chapter that just came out. He was talking about the chapter he was starting to work on. Which assuming it's not a bonus chapter, could be anywhere from 3-7 chapters from now.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 00:15   Link #12983
G147

Hopefully so.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 00:48   Link #12984
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Spoiler for 393:

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 01:15   Link #12985
MAX_COLA_POWER!

*points to Edge's post* times a ton
Old 2014-07-17, 01:20   Link #12986
_Misfit

Damn... Well, Juvia has to do what needs to be done...
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 01:37   Link #12987
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Is Fairy Tail Zero out yet? I think it is.

That chapter. Why did Silver have to die? He doesn't seem evil enough to warrant a death penalty. I think he's overreacting. Couldn't he just have chosen to live with Gray? Makes me feel this chapter was trying too hard to be dramatic/sad. Glad Juvia's involved, though.
Old 2014-07-17, 01:40   Link #12988
XFire
150% done

GODDAMMIT FAIRY TAIL YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STANDARD SHONEN STOP MAKING MY SOUL LEAK THROUGH MY EYES!!!!

*Ahem*
Old 2014-07-17, 01:58   Link #12989
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post

That chapter. Why did Silver have to die? He doesn't seem evil enough to warrant a death penalty. I think he's overreacting. Couldn't he just have chosen to live with Gray? Makes me feel this chapter was trying too hard to be dramatic/sad. Glad Juvia's involved, though.
Of course he's not evil enough to die (even though he's kinda already dead), that's what I think makes this chapter pretty impactful. There's really no other choice here: if Keith remains unharmed then, yeah, Silver will live but the Face plan goes through and everyone is screwed. Juvia's only choice, as much as it might hurt Gray, is to go in on Keith and finish him off. I mean, I would love if Mashima decided to somehow keep Silver alive, but that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. I never got the sense that Mashina was playing this up for Maxium Feels, I looked at it as the only logical conclusion given what we now know about Silver.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 04:13   Link #12990
B214

This week's chapter was just.....T-T
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 04:28   Link #12991
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
I never got the sense that Mashina was playing this up for Maxium Feels, I looked at it as the only logical conclusion given what we now know about Silver.
I get the part where Silver will die once Keith dies for the sake of saving the world. Sad, yes, yada yada, but necessary.

But my point here is he WANTED to die in the first place... by Gray's hands even. It's just that it wasn't fully explained why he suddenly felt like "his hands were too stained" that he felt unworthy and wanted to die, when he saw Gray in the GMG. That made it feel to me like he was overreacting.

He could have chosen instead to be like the members of Crime Sorciere, who can't die because they have to atone for their sins. He was on that track, anyway, as he said he was already slaying demons and and aiming to destroy Tartaros. He could have used the life he had gained from necromancy by being a father to Gray, even if that will never happen since Keith must die.

I think it would have been more sad if all Silver wanted was to be reuntied with Gray, but finds it can never happen due to how Keith must die. It just seems illogical to me why he wanted to die and had to take that fatal blow from Gray, when he could have done something.... y'know, more positive to his relationship with Gray.

So yeah, TL;DR, I think Silver was severely overreacting.
Old 2014-07-17, 04:50   Link #12992
ImperialFlameGod8190

This is a chapter naturally for feels as people have said. Other then that its utter bullox
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 08:35   Link #12993
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Why can't he just be evil? an evil zombie... this "turn of events" is like the norm for this series, "hey! I'm a badguy! no not really, I'm just pretending or being brain washed, forgive me?"
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 09:07   Link #12994
Krono

Quote:

Presumably he did plenty of dirty work for Tartarus well working for them. Sure he was working to kill demons when he got the chance, in hopes of eventually getting the chance to bring Tartarus down, but he's likely killed plenty of innocent people along the way in the service of Tartarus.

As he's already dead, the normal arguments as to why he should live on don't really apply. As long as he's still moving, Keith likely has the option of exerting control over him, and if Keith dies, he stops moving. So the best thing that can be done is for him to be put out of his misery.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 10:18   Link #12995
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It was a standard chapter imo - predictable, emotional and character-centered. The only thing I found rather out of place was Silver's behavior...

S: Kill me Gray, do it nao! I WANNA DIIIIEEEEE....ehm, END!
G: I-I can't do it, dad!
S: Oh, you can't? Well, it's okay, my body won't last long anyways.
(G: WTF!?)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 13:18   Link #12996
Eragon
Still Alive

So.....Itachi of Fairy Tail ? Showing your luuurve through tormenting the one you love ?

At least, Grey didn't have his mind fucked 18 ways over...literally.

Last edited by Eragon; 2014-07-17 at 14:02.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 13:24   Link #12997
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
GODDAMMIT FAIRY TAIL YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STANDARD SHONEN STOP MAKING MY SOUL LEAK THROUGH MY EYES!!!!

*Ahem*
So much this!!!!

And Silver gives Juvia starmode at the end as well.
This is for Grey's sake? We've seen what she will do for Grey's sake.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 13:59   Link #12998
immblueversion

Quote:
I get the part where Silver will die once Keith dies for the sake of saving the world. Sad, yes, yada yada, but necessary.

But my point here is he WANTED to die in the first place... by Gray's hands even. It's just that it wasn't fully explained why he suddenly felt like "his hands were too stained" that he felt unworthy and wanted to die, when he saw Gray in the GMG. That made it feel to me like he was overreacting.

He could have chosen instead to be like the members of Crime Sorciere, who can't die because they have to atone for their sins. He was on that track, anyway, as he said he was already slaying demons and and aiming to destroy Tartaros. He could have used the life he had gained from necromancy by being a father to Gray, even if that will never happen since Keith must die.

I think it would have been more sad if all Silver wanted was to be reuntied with Gray, but finds it can never happen due to how Keith must die. It just seems illogical to me why he wanted to die and had to take that fatal blow from Gray, when he could have done something.... y'know, more positive to his relationship with Gray.

So yeah, TL;DR, I think Silver was severely overreacting.
Hehe... Keith...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 15:52   Link #12999
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

*Ahem*
This x1000

Juvia will do just about anything for Gray's sake so Kieth is screwed but she will be indirectly taking away his father.
Old 2014-07-17, 16:33   Link #13000
Casshern

Gray spin-off is out and I love it
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen