AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 06:25   Link #381
CryptWizard

Has anyone translated the changelog for 1.05?
CryptWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 19:46   Link #382
globus999

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyfrank View Post
@globus999
On one hand, I don't want to wipe my perfect dark installation everytime I download something (I want to keep the unity) but there doesn't seem to be a way to clear the unity database of the d/l history.
No need. Follow this procedure:
1 - download file
2 - close PD
3 - goto PD's directory
4 - delete file "perfect.dark.brain"
5 - goto PDs directory / backup /
6 - delete file "perfect.dark.brain" (if present)
7 - Start PD
8 - Search for the same file. Will show "new"
9 - Goto "Complete" and select "clear reviewed item"

Bingo! no record of the DL'd file.

Unfortunately, PD does not seem to write the "brain" file while operational, only at closure time, hence, no dynamic "erasure" of the file "rating" is possible.
globus999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 06:33   Link #383
kenji123

I've been running perfect dark on my server with good results. Most stuff downloads in an acceptable time.

But recently I tried running perfect dark from my home pc, through a vpn which i setup on the same server which i usually run it. But now the consistency of downloads has dropped.

I would get a few mbs of a file and then it would stop downloading for like an hour or sometimes two then it would download another few mbs.

Is there something hindering the connection or something? Maybe the encryption of the vpn connection is causing packet loss?
kenji123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:58   Link #384
TLTw804

This seems to be a rather indepth thread, that has helped answer most of my questions, however there are a few things im not sure on,

Firstly, When Perfect Dark is actually downloading a file, is there any way to check what speed im getting for it?

An example of what i mean is, When something is downloading in Share, all activity shows in the Task window with various details, including total speed for each individual file. From what i can see the Task window in Perfect Dark doesnt work in this fashion.

Secondly, In share you can que up files in your download list, and then check/uncheck the boxes for files you wanted to download at that time. Is there a way to do this in Perfect Dark?

Thirdly, The 'Count' seems to work differently, can someone explain quickly how to use these numbers, in Share they were quite handy, but only seem to be arbitrary now in Perfect Dark.

Cheers for any help.
TLTw804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:31   Link #385
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
1) No.
The best you can do is to calculate it from the file size, % complete, and ETA.

2) No.
Also, no download prioritization.

3) Count is supposed to be the number of times the file has been downloaded, according to the official wiki.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 14:35   Link #386
TLTw804

Thanks for the Information Sylf,

Its a bit of a shame certain things have been taken away, but im sure there was some justification for it.

Cheers
TLTw804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 12:20   Link #387
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

ok..uh

I'm on Arch Linux...

$ wine --version
wine-1.1.30
$ wine perfect\ dark.exe
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/zhurai/.wine'
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33cdb4
fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gecko\\1.0.0\\wine_gecko\ \components\\xpti.dat" 1 536870916 (nil) (nil) 0x1f407c (nil)
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xa71e8d8, overlapped 0xa71e8e0): stub
fixme:iphlpapi:GetAdaptersAddresses no support for IPv6 addresses
fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented
fixme:advapi:SetNamedSecurityInfoW L"C:\\windows\\system32\\gecko\\1.0.0\\wine_gecko\ \components\\compreg.dat" 1 536870916 (nil) (nil) 0x1e0a134 (nil)
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
wine: configuration in '/home/zhurai/.wine' has been updated.
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zhurai\\Wine\\FileSys\\P2P\\Perfect Dark\\perfect dark.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\zhurai\\Wine\\FileSys\\P2P\\Perfect Dark\\perfect dark.exe" failed, status c0000135
$

I know most of that starting part was recreating the directory (~/.wine), but how do I fix this problem:

err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\zhurai\\Wine\\FileSys\\P2P\\Perfect Dark\\perfect dark.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\zhurai\\Wine\\FileSys\\P2P\\Perfect Dark\\perfect dark.exe" failed, status c0000135
zhurai-tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 14:47   Link #388
soka

In a machine with windows installed search for that file and then place it in the wine PD directory.
soka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 14:51   Link #389
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhurai-tsuki View Post
ok..uh

I'm on Arch Linux...
Try using winetricks to get the needed dll for Wine or download the dll manually.
Old 2009-10-01, 14:06   Link #390
slofoot

Quote:
ok..uh
MSCVP71.dll is part of the C Runtime Libraries (basic stuff every app needs). If wine can't find it then something is very broken. Did you build wine from source?

Also, set your locale to Japanese with "export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8" otherwise Japanese text won't display.

Running PD with wine 1.0 on Ubuntu Hardy with no real problems. The lack of an IME is annoying though ...
slofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 15:17   Link #391
zhurai-tsuki
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by slofoot View Post
MSCVP71.dll is part of the C Runtime Libraries (basic stuff every app needs). If wine can't find it then something is very broken. Did you build wine from source?

Also, set your locale to Japanese with "export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8" otherwise Japanese text won't display.

Running PD with wine 1.0 on Ubuntu Hardy with no real problems. The lack of an IME is annoying though ...
I use Arch Linux's package. latest development version

"MSCVP71.dll is part of the C Runtime Libraries (basic stuff every app needs). If wine can't find it then something is very broken."

^ eh, winetricks, dling it fixed it (just copying it from the windows directory makes it work only the first execution, then crashes all the rest of the times)
zhurai-tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:49   Link #392
slofoot

Quote:
"MSVCP71.dll is part of the C Runtime Libraries (basic stuff every app needs). If wine can't find it then something is very broken."

^ eh, winetricks, dling it fixed it (just copying it from the windows directory makes it work only the first execution, then crashes all the rest of the times)
Hum ... Apparently it's part of the C++ Runtime Libraries and isn't included in wine, so I guess you do need to download it

Now I'm wondering how PD manages to work for me ...
slofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 16:10   Link #393
Zarxrax
Anime-Fansubs

I was using PD successfully a couple of years ago, but I haven't touched it in ages. A few days ago I've decided to try it again, but I'm having some trouble with the unity cache. Basically, it got up to around 600mb, and then stopped growing. It might increase by about 1 mb in a 24 hour period, even though many gigabytes are being transferred through my system...
As I understand it, you can't start downloading files until you get your unity up to 2gb... so what am I supposed to do, and what could be wrong here? My hard disk isn't full or anything. And I tried deleting the unity folder and starting over, but it appears to have stalled again, around 200mb this time -_-
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 16:35   Link #394
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
I had the same problem a while ago, where my unity would just stop increasing even though a ton of stuff was being transferred. Changing the internet connection setting to a higher speed seemed to let me keep adding to the unity. On ADSL 1.5 Mbps (what I actually have) I couldn't get more than a few hundred MB of unity, but setting it to ADSL 12.0 Mbps let me max out the unity to 40 GB.

Since then, I set it back to ADSL 1.5 Mbps and now it just deletes a chunk whenever it gets close to full so that it has room for new stuff. Download speed is still horrible, though, with most downloads sitting idle a vast majority of the time.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 20:01   Link #395
Zarxrax
Anime-Fansubs

Hmm, even that doesn't seem to help. I tried deleting all my perfect dark files and starting over, incase maybe something was screwed up. In the information window it says it has received over 400mb of data now, but the unity size is only 14MB!

I just don't understand what it's doing with ALL THAT DATA if its not going in my unity?
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 03:08   Link #396
neshru

Question on PD: I've installed the program and I'm trying to build up unity cache so I can download something, but even though I see some download speed, the MB downloaded are stuck at 20 or something. I also get messages like "detected deletion of the unity cache" or something similar, but I didn't do anything.
What is my problem?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 08:33   Link #397
AeroTsubaki

Hi I have the same problem I've been running PD the whole day what am I doing wrong, I haven't touched or messed with the unity folder, and also I read some of the post and it said something about WINE and Ubuntu.

I am not really clear what these two programs are but I have the idea that Ubuntu runs your applications in desktop, or any machine.

And WINE works like an emulator and PD can be run under it even though you might be using windows, I thought you only use WINE if you don't happen to have windows XP, but apparently not.

I didn't pay a lot of attention until I encountered this problem, is there an advantage of running PD under WINE, I just don't want to go to all the trouble, of doing all of this, so is there an specific place where PD and its folders have to be, like C: drive or share folders?

Please I really want to get this unity folder fill so that I can get on downloading, I would really appreciate an answer.

Last edited by AeroTsubaki; 2009-10-17 at 11:45.
AeroTsubaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:31   Link #398
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Ubuntu is a version of Linux and Wine is a Windows emulator for Linux. If your computer is running Windows you don't need to worry about them.

You can also put PD wherever you want on your hard drive. Myself, I have it at F:\Program Files\Perfect Dark. You can also move it around without it hurting anything, provided it's not running at the time. It used to be on my C: drive and I just copied the folder over with no problem. Just make sure the folder paths in the settings are correct.

On an unrelated note, I upgraded my DSL to 3.0 Mbps down / 512 kbps up and PD downloads stuff much faster now. Still slow compared to Share, but at least it doesn't take a month just to download one ~350 MB file. Makes me wonder why they even bothered putting options for ADSL 1.5 Mbps and lower in the settings when it's completely impractical to use PD at those speeds.
Old 2009-10-17, 22:04   Link #399
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Wine = wine is not an emulator. It on run time dynamically converts windows executable to work on windows. It can be quite fast.
Old 2009-10-17, 23:55   Link #400
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Ah. I'm not really familiar with how it actually works since I haven't used Linux.

Tags
p2p, perfect dark