AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 33 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 31.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.02%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.01%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.01%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-12, 21:20   Link #41
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Lol, I had never expected that sort of reaction from anyone.
I tried containing my laughter when she started hitting people with her bags and stuff, but it just came out. lulz
Old 2012-12-12, 21:32   Link #42
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
It would have been really bad gossip if I had just changed the first three letters of one of the words in that comment.
Which people will never get.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:35   Link #43
rulfo

It's very painful to see Dekomori to get scolded like that but then again she left Yuuta with no choice. He already has his back in a corner and Dekomori trying to get Rikka back isn't helping him at all.

Overall I'm kinda not getting the episode that much. It feels as if there's something missing. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if it's in next week's episode.

When this show began and how I observed Rikka, my assessment of her was that she was an overly zeal person who got excited way too much. It gets to a point that she doesn't care about what others think since she enjoys herself. However as the show progresses, we were thrown with another side of the coin that her chuunibyou antics were nothing more than her inability to accept her father's death. Right now I'm sitting on the latter. However I feel as if that's not the only reason behind it. I feel it's not just black OR white.

Also regarding again about Dekomori, her last line at the end had me thinking that it does support the earlier part which was just out of sheer fun. In other words she knows it's not real but it's her personal quirky hobby. I know it's really frightening when you couldn't connect to a friend anymore when he/she has left behind what you both have in common. Especially when that friend is so close to you. You can only begin to imagine how much the gap between the two of you will grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
The way Rikka remove all her chuuni is bit...extreme you can say.

well i know that the reason of her chuuni is to find eternal horizon. now she knows that it didnt exist so there is no point of her chuuni.

but the way she become normal is just to forced and unnatural. she even try to ignore all cool stuff that even normal person will say wow.

compare to Yuuta where he still take interest in "cool stuff" and Shinka which she still keep all her book.
Well being in that state for too long you're bound to get lost. But yeah this is just like what Shinka has said, they're trying way too hard. I mean just look at how the contrast from 10 to 11. That's the place where they confessed to each other. The lights were one of the catalysts and it gets brushed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
also make me wonder what is the real issue between Rikka and her mom. is her mom really hates chuuni? or is it just lack of communication?
For me I can take that she distanced herself from her mother for not saying that her dad was terminally ill.

Anyway regarding the technicality side.

Kawanami does it again. This person knows how to direct and I'd really really want him to grow and handle a project of his own. His AD partner also did a good job keeping the animation side in check. The animation conveyed the feelings well. Aside from that, what caught me off guard was how well done the storyboard was. Now, I definitely have my eye on Taiichi Ogawa.

On a side note those lighting effects are really REALLY good. It was somewhat entrancing at how the lighting was done for the water. Really good job.

Next episode will have Ishidate and Ueno. I'm guessing Kigami got himself working in the next project. Anyway with Ishidate as director, I am expecting a really big splurge.

All in all, wow such a heavy episode. Very very curious to see how this gets closed. Can't wait for next week.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-12-12 at 22:18.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:47   Link #44
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Which people will never get.
Actually, I should have said, "...the first three letters of one of two words..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
For me I can take that she distanced herself from her mother for not saying that her dad was terminally ill.
Agreed. Rikka may not have been in chuuni mode at the time of her father's death, but her mother deceiving her over such life changing information could make Rikka feel like she never wanted to have anything to do with her mother again. I know from personal experience that some women (not just young teenage girls) will hold what become life-long grudges of the "I'll never speak to you again" variety with their own sisters or mother. Two years is nothing. Try twenty and going strong.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:49   Link #45
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Yuuta ranks slightly below the male lead from school days anime at this point in my book. All I can hope for is Dekomori saves the day ending.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:53   Link #46
descent87

God so conflicted by this episode. I hate when some shows choose to push the "doing the right thing in a conflicted/hard way" to the almost past the point of being unforgivable. I hate Dekomori, she annoys me and I still felt bad. Perhaps its just my latent anger for Yuuta, who somehow is trying to make things "OK" simply by doing things in the hardest, most painful, and insensitive way. It's one thing if he didn't know about her past, but now that he does he basically has chosen not to address any of the real issues with her and then take all the actions he did in Episodes 10 and 11, just because Rikka's older sister asked him too. W/e.

This show can still end on a good note, but with all the development happening so fast I don't know how they will wrap it up well. IMO, two things need to happen in the final episode. Rikka coming to terms with her father and starting to fix her relationship with her mother, and all the kids having their own realization that while it is important to fit into society, you don't have to sacrifice everything you know and love to become a joyless automaton that simply follows the herd. However the way things stand and with 22 minutes of airtime, I don't know if it will happen in a satisfying way.

Nibutani's maturity, while being annoying at times has been an interesting and refreshing part of the show and it's nice to see her being somewhat disappointed in Rikka's way-to-fast personality change, I'm sure she'll have some role to play next episode and I hopeful it will be a good one.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:27   Link #47
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by descent87 View Post
This show can still end on a good note, but with all the development happening so fast I don't know how they will wrap it up well. IMO, two things need to happen in the final episode. Rikka coming to terms with her father and starting to fix her relationship with her mother, and all the kids having their own realization that while it is important to fit into society, you don't have to sacrifice everything you know and love to become a joyless automaton that simply follows the herd. However the way things stand and with 22 minutes of airtime, I don't know if it will happen in a satisfying way.
Actually if you take the somewhat out of place ED, it perfectly fits the situation we're in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descent87 View Post
Nibutani's maturity, while being annoying at times has been an interesting and refreshing part of the show and it's nice to see her being somewhat disappointed in Rikka's way-to-fast personality change, I'm sure she'll have some role to play next episode and I hopeful it will be a good one.
Agreed. Nibutani for me is a really well developed character. I really don't know if people can still hate her just by looking at her early "bitch-like" appearance. It was also nice of her to take care of Dekomori while she was in such a state.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:01   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. Guess there's more to Dekomori than we thought.

I do wish I hadn't watched after my other shows. It wasn't really a positive episode so I have a sad taste in my mouth.

Well, here's to the conclusion next week!
Old 2012-12-12, 23:20   Link #49
Warm Mist

The scene between Rikka and Kumin is interesting, I'm guessing some off-screen dialogue happened in there and it will be relevant in the last episode, since they're all "the cast comes together" now.

Also, many people seem to miss the coming of age aspect of this story. It is a romance, yes, but it seems to me like it's even more a story of Rikka and Yuuta growing up. Yuuta is not a dick, he just needs to mature. People bashing him for this or last episode's happenings also need to mature, in my view.

I'm guessing next episode will have Yuuta "learning his lesson" that having fun is okay too, and that being so ass-pained about trying to be mature and responsible, to the point of neglecting one's childhood, is immature in itself. What will happen after that, though, I don't know. I'd like for Rikka to at least successfully visit her father's grave, if only to close that part of her character arc.

Episode 10 was better than 11 in my books, but this one was pretty well done too. I liked the return of delusional scenes, even if they were very short, and the storyboard was again very good. I liked the part with Nibutani and Dekomori especially, and the scene of packaging Rikka's stuff.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:45   Link #50
Ridwan

Too bad we'll have only 12 episodes of this.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:53   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Also, many people seem to miss the coming of age aspect of this story.
I get exactly what the story's saying. I just to some extent disagree with it.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:55   Link #52
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Yuuta ranks slightly below the male lead from school days anime at this point in my book.
Comments like this make me facepalm really hard and I can only hope that it was an attempt to make a really bad joke.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:55   Link #53
shinigami99

Uh yes, while Yuuta did indeed deserve some of the blame for what happened in this episode, I still think that they need to grow up. Maybe the way he did it was too harsh, but his intentions were, as far as I can surmise, the right thing to do. Don't forget Yuuta was conflicted with himself, as well as emotionally unstable. Dekomori screaming the pointless Chuuni antics at him is just going to frustrate him more, which is what ultimately happened. While Yuuta shouting at Dekomori was very sad, I couldn't help but feel she sort of deserved it.

But no, some people don't think that anime characters should react the same way normal people do, and thus they will bash Yuuta and call him "slightly below Makoto in terms of MCs". Really? Wow.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:03   Link #54
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

This episode was all around sad. They're trying waay too hard to resolve underlying issues that lie on the emotional level. emotional acceptance cannot be forced. I wished Yuuta could get that, but he's a 14 yr old. They're all waaay too young for this. By that I mean forcing acceptance. You can't force it. That chuni thing might have been more than likely the healthiest way, but then again this is in Japan, and I am looking at it through the lens of an American..
Old 2012-12-13, 03:42   Link #55
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The episode was great. I really can't wait to see the last one.
Old 2012-12-13, 03:49   Link #56
U<3Anime
Boo!

Holy moly, SOAP OPERA!

Indeed, trying a bit too hard kyo-ani.
Old 2012-12-13, 04:16   Link #57
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

What many critics here don't seem to realize is that Yuuta himself is unsure of how to deal with Rikka's issues. He told her to face reality, not run away from it, and it looks like she understands it all too well, but he's conflicted upon seeing that she's more miserable than happy. She's trying her best to fit in, to change her behavior, but her 8th grade syndrome isn't easy to lose so easily, and given how even Yuuta has his moments of relapse every now and then, it's only natural that it's eating her up from the inside, especially when Sanae is still fully immersed in her own fantasy world (though even she understand that this is what's best for Rikka).

Still, Rikka facing the music has made her life a bit better already: Touka can leave with ease in her heart, she made amends with her mother, and she's gaining new friends. All that needs to be done is for her to find the right balance between being her real self, and her past self. And something tells me it's not going to be Shinka, but Kumin who will give Yuuta that little bit of information he needs to fully understand and help Rikka move onward, given that she's the oldest of the group and we still know very little about her.
Old 2012-12-13, 04:23   Link #58
ranchan13

This episode was hard to watch because it seemed as if there was no life in Rikka. Everything else considered, this was a great episode, but it was hard to watch. It was almost the same as watching my grandfather take his last few breaths.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2012-12-13, 04:52   Link #59
Entravity

The soundtrack is incredible when this is all happening. This episode is definitely the most emotional one so far. Looking forward to how this all concludes! But then I'll be sad to see it go at the same time
Old 2012-12-13, 05:19   Link #60
garbage

wow what a painful watch, from the very first frame it just felt so wrong. Well THAT's what happens when you do things that way.... way to make a zombie. Guess everyone's happy Rikka's"normal" now, not.
So yuuta's happy now too eh?, not. and Rikka trusted him..., what a painful scene with that little finger promise.
Dekomori's a true friend, and yes she KNOWS what's real and not, yet she is a true friend. she knows rikka's heart.

Somehow this episode kinda reminds me of this story, it deals with expectations and such of people, and it's effect. There are different versions around,but it always touch me, whenever I come across it (I'm in the education field). It's painful because I know it happens all the time.
Spoiler for "the little boy " - Helen Buckley:

Closed Thread

Tags
chuunibyou, drama