AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 12:42   Link #201
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Yes it has.^^^

Fishet Tiger is a fishman, Hancock even said Fisher Tiger hatred humans, "natural among his kind!"

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-11-20 at 13:10.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 13:20   Link #202
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Hmmm, you're saying that Frankie's father is Fisher Tiger, or that maybe they are blood related?

This is not very possible because Fisher Tiger is a Fishman, unless Frankie is half fish/human.
It would explain his awesome swimming capabilities....
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 14:02   Link #203
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
No no no, he's awesome because of his powerful arms being able to stroke the water so hard he just goes "FRANKY BUTTERFLY!". It was said that he was merely an assistant to Tom-san.

Now Chimney on the other hand is a 1/6th mermaid. So that's why she was able to save Luffy from Drowning.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 14:13   Link #204
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

alright, great chapter i'm really happy oda showed some of the other characters. But what about the other ones???

We know- Nami- going to gain better mastery over weather

Franky- weapons upgrades and such

sanji- more conservative?- better respect for wormen- he will get training using his legs from kicking all of the girls and make knew techniques that can take out a large amount of enemies

zoro-???- better swordsmanship? will he become "one with nature?" im betting he will learn to become more efficient with his attacks. Im betting there's gonna be a scene when he pulls out a dagger instead of his swords and cuts some guy up.

ussopp- sogeking island!

robin- on an island of knowledge. Possibly learning about the old history. something like this.

Chopper- god, he's probably back on moria's ship knowing his character. maybe he will overcome his fear of things? nah, that would destroy his character. He'll either learn how to control his monster point or learn some new points on his own. I mean, the only thing he does on his own is... nothing, he uses his rumble balls. Maybe he'll come up with some techniques involving his devil fruit and nothing else...

Brooke- we lost him, he's with the whale. Maybe he will come back riding it...
Old 2008-11-20, 14:24   Link #205
marvelB

Heh, this talk about Franky's heritage reminds me of how a bunch of people assumed that his father was a Yonkou during post-EL Water 7 (which I highly doubt). I think Franky's just a regular ol' cybernetic human, that's all. So far, the only half-merman we've seen in the series is Big Pan from Foxy's crew, but who knows? Maybe we'll see more half-breeds at Merman Island. Heck, I wouldn't even rule out the possibility that Jinbei's a half-breed himself....

Oh, and I must say that I'm a bit disappointed that Hancock is the only one accompanying Luffy to Impel Down. I was kinda hoping that her whole crew would come along for the fun. I was especially hoping that Nyon would also take part in the Ace rescue..... oh, well. At least there's still that possibility that Jinbei will help Luffy, since he's imprisoned and has no intention to battle Whitebeard....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 14:38   Link #206
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, this talk about Franky's heritage reminds me of how a bunch of people assumed that his father was a Yonkou during post-EL Water 7 (which I highly doubt). I think Franky's just a regular ol' cybernetic human, that's all. So far, the only half-merman we've seen in the series is Big Pan from Foxy's crew, but who knows? Maybe we'll see more half-breeds at Merman Island. Heck, I wouldn't even rule out the possibility that Jinbei's a half-breed himself....
More half-breeds, eh? Sounds interesting. The only real credit I can give to franky being half merman would be his name: Cutty Flam. Do you honestly think a human would name someone that? Unless his parents hated him that much....

And what was the deal with the new world pirates coming in? I'd like a little more info on that.
Old 2008-11-20, 15:46   Link #207
Tommy
Mr. Prince

OMFG! I just love the running gags involving Sanji.

As for how he'll grow stronger I always wished that he would've learned the CP9 techniques but that's the past, other then survival skills I don't know what he'll learn on this island.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 16:07   Link #208
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I don't there is any better cure for boredom than War, hence the reason why Mihawk is probably coming along. Judging by the apperance of Jenbei, i'm starting to think more and more that one of the Emperor's is a Fishman as well. That freaky looking guy...with a huge grin on his face...just below Shanks.:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/on.../94/Yonkou.jpg
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 16:09   Link #209
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I don't there is any better cure for boredom than War, hence the reason why Mihawk is probably coming along. Judging by the apperance of Jenbei, i'm starting to think more and more that one of the Emperor's is a Fishman as well. That freaky looking guy...with a huge grin on his face...just below Shanks.:
There are a lot of freaky-looking gentlemen in One Piece. Are all of them fishmen?
Old 2008-11-20, 17:03   Link #210
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Hunt down the fishmen! Drink their blood! Oh wait sorry

but no, that does in fact look like Jimbei's likeness. Shall we have a comparison? I shall.
Spoiler for Jimbei:
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:39   Link #211
james0246

^Don't put to much credence in the shadows Oda uses. Just using the basic shape of the characters, Jinbei looks a great deal like one of the Yonkou, Yama or Satori or any number of heavy-set characters with long hair.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 18:41   Link #212
Slayerx

Y'knwo i really don't know why the world gov't doesn't want the shichibukai to take their crews along... i mean, those crews would contribute additional strength... sure the shichibukai are the only ones who can take on whitebeard and his commanders, but the crew could help wipe out everything else... The Kuja do seem much more worthwhile than Doflamingo's group from jaya... and if Moria still had Oz, that would have been a real contender; he'd probably end up crushing Moby Dick

There's one thing i find odd... is Whitebeard coming from the new world and heading over to the marine HQ/impel down/execution site which all seem to be located in the old world? cause if so, doesn't that mean that whitebeard WILL have to pass by mermaid island... The marines could really just prepare for the battle and just sit in front of the exit for mermaid island as that's supposedly the only way for pirates to get to and from the new world... no matter where Whitebeard intends to attack he will need to pass through there

honestly, sounds like it may be a potential plot hole... kinda like how i feel about reverse mountain; the river up the mountain was too narrow to support a ship like don kreig's, and one would have to ask why the world gov't doesn't just put a huge gate/fortress at the entrance to control who could get into the grandline... if smoker was posted at the entrance, he could have busted Don Kreig himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Personally, i'm actually been expecting the one with the large grin and curly hair to be Lola's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
sanji- more conservative?- better respect for wormen- he will get training using his legs from kicking all of the girls and make knew techniques that can take out a large amount of enemies
More efeminent? frankly, i would not be surprised if this is where Bon Clay came from

Quote:
robin- on an island of knowledge. Possibly learning about the old history. something like this.
Quote:
Brooke- we lost him, he's with the whale. Maybe he will come back riding it...
Nah... getting back to seeing Laboon is part of his dream... as such Oda isn't gonna go granting him his dream at this point... if he did then there would have been no point to make him a strawhat; could have just put on a small working ship and had him start sailing back to reverse mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
What a great chap!
Also something interesting was franky's location!!
That place was mentioned before in enel's cover arc story here's a pic:

Spoiler for pic:

perhaps some screentime for our favourite god!!
nice catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Even if she hears about Ace, and figures Luffy will head there. I doubt this old man will have an Eternal pose to lead to a secure Marine prison.
I guess her paper might work. That should draw them back together again.
The paper is set to take the strawhats to wherever Raylieh is; he was supposed to be their meeting point. So unless Raylieh plans on getting involved in this fight, the paper will take them back to the Sunny

The way i would expect them to all go to impel down is if they heard the news about Ace and knew that Luffy would go running there... a likely possibility for them... though one would question how much they could learn on each of their respective islands if they leave asap... though it is possibly that who ever gives them transportation can teach them while they go...

in a sense, if Oda wants them all to head to impel down and take part in it he may come off as rushing things... i mean it feels as though the strawhats should take atleast a week to learn what they can and improve upon themselves as opposed to only taking a day and moving out right away...

Quote:
I'm more interested if she is even going to go to central. How will Luffy invade Impel Down and how will Boa get involved. I need her to help him and get discovered rather then her heading to central.
the marine ship is taking a stop over to impel down before it heads over... she stealthily drops off Luffy at impel down, leaves and then let him start his rampage

Grant it, considering the timing i think it's very likely that Whitebeard will strike at Impel down to free Ace and will conveniently show up at just about the same time as Boa and Luffy... Luffy can use that confusion to find Ace, and even Boa can use the confusion to allow for certain "accidents" to happen that no one will (mero mero)blame her for

Luffy knows what Boa's position is like and what her status means for her people; her nakama... as such i would except him to refuse any help Boa may want to give, insisting that she does what she needs to do to keep her status... namely, maintaining the appearance of one of shichibukai... Luffy never did like the idea of anyone making a sacrifice for his sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Btw, how do marine ships sail on the calm belt? I understand that they got sea stone hanging underneath their ships that keep the seaking/monsters away but how do they move on a sea with no wind? The Kuja's have at least those seasnakes pulling them. I doubt they paddle since that would attract attention.
not sure, paddling might work... i mean while it would attract attention, the seastone might through things off and as such make sea kings think that it is just another sea king... though considering the likely possibility that seakings eat other seakings and that even a warship would be considered small to some seakings; that may not be such an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Somewhere in this thread, I thought someone had mentioned that Boa Hancock's love illness had been placed into her Mero Mero powers. Is that true?
sounds like a theory for dumbing down how powerful Boa's Mero Mero powers are... as in the "illness" causes interference with her powers or something, thus crippling her for a long time
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 19:43   Link #213
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I wonder how strong those 5 elders are of the WG.
Old 2008-11-20, 20:26   Link #214
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'knwo i really don't know why the world gov't doesn't want the shichibukai to take their crews along... i mean, those crews would contribute additional strength... sure the shichibukai are the only ones who can take on whitebeard and his commanders, but the crew could help wipe out everything else... The Kuja do seem much more worthwhile than Doflamingo's group from jaya... and if Moria still had Oz, that would have been a real contender; he'd probably end up crushing Moby Dick
I was wondering the same thing when we only had the spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Hiding under Boa's mantle. But kind of surprised that they only call the shichibukais. Don't some of them got crews, if Moria would still had Odz they would've had said let him home?
But I do think they were allowed to bring their crews cause he asks: "the only ones boarding are you and that snake right?" Kind of like he was expecting more people to board.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-20, 21:07   Link #215
Rainbowman

I just had a thought: What are the chances that those "okama" guys chasing Sanji would know about Mr. 2 Bon Clay? And they told Sanji that Bon Clay is at Impel Down and they want to free him? Given the situation that Sanji is in, that kind of request will be the one thing he'll never refuse because he'll never get a say on it. LOLATWTTB
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:21   Link #216
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I frickin love that Luffy called Hancock, "Hanmock".
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 21:21   Link #217
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

on the whole shichibukai not taking their crew, I think it would be just simply too much for the WG to actually handle.

its hard enough for them to handle the shichibukai alone, with there respective crews their it would only increase the burden on the WG.

plus if such a huge pirate force to come together it could cause alot of trouble for the WG if the shichibukai decided to turn coat when WB strikes.
I would have to guess that would be more than what the WG could ever handle.

but its only shown that Boa isn't taking a crew hasn't it?

I can't mind if it was stated other wise

side note, I really really really hope we get to see Bon-clay-sama, I just love his character one of my fav of OP
Old 2008-11-20, 21:27   Link #218
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I don't get why they would even allow her to stop at Impel Down. They have no reason to. So shouldn't they be more worried as to why she even wants to have a stop there?
Old 2008-11-20, 22:14   Link #219
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I don't get why they would even allow her to stop at Impel Down. They have no reason to. So shouldn't they be more worried as to why she even wants to have a stop there?
Actually there is a rather simple excuse... that's where Ace is
Considering that Ace is the reason Whitebeard is moving now there is a very high chance that he will go to wherever Ace... So until the day of his execution, Impel down is actually the most likely place that whitebeard will be heading. Logically, that is probably where they should prepare for battle... and after that, wherever Ace is to have his execution... although there is no guarantee of this, hence why they are meeting and protecting the HQ until the can figure out where Whitebeard is heading... wouldn't be a surprise that if impel down was heavily protected that he would hit the HQ to cause confusion; those at impel down panic and scrabble to move back to protect the HQ and it just throws out any sense of strategy they may have had
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 23:18   Link #220
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
When a phrase like this is translated, part of the meaning is lost. But in Japanese, it literally means "I have a bad feeling about this" which people say when they sense that something "bad" is going to happen.
I figured with this many people around, someone will clearify this by now...
You're not reading this right, and you're probably not aware of certain unique expressions used in our language.

どうしたと言うのじゃわらわは!!
ルフィの頼みに逆らえる気がせぬ・・・!!!
・・・つい中枢に行くと・・・ しかし悪い気もしておらぬ・・・!!!

the "悪い気もしておらぬ" is NOT a reference to the immediate previous sentence.
She's not saying she has a "bad feeling" about going to Impel Down, nor is she saying she doesn't. It's not related at ALL.
She's saying she doesn't feel uncomfortable about not being able to say 'no' to whatever Luffy asks of her.

It's an extremely common expression in Japanese, when talking about reaction to one's feelings.
Example: "好きだと言われて悪い気はしない" "I don't feel bad, being told I love you"

"I don't feel bad" is an expression commonly used to mean you don't feel uncomfortable about certain feelings, usually either a compliment or romantic in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I frickin love that Luffy called Hancock, "Hanmock".
He called her hammock, actually. It's a sling-bed.