Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 15:40   Link #1781
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also, I believe it's Harue who deserves credit for this early win against Sumire, even if only to acklowledge the fact she is actually doing something now (though it really is because of her). Seriously, Yuu at least managed to hold some ground in the previous match, but poor Harue had done nothing of value until now. It's time for coach to get some credit.
Really having a coach on your team brings lots of benefits... specially capable ones... Achiga has Akado, Senriyama has Atago-haha, Himematsu has Akasaka and others...

To most folks, Kiyosumi is probably considered as the underdog team... a no-name high school appearing for the first time in the inter-high... has no coach and not even a reserve player... well, they can always let Kyoutarou to cross-dress if it needs be... heck, others may even just consider Kiyosumi as Haramura Nodoka Team...

But... who needs a coach when you have the Awesome Hisa on your team? I'll trade two capable coaches for Hisa anytime, any day... they may be an underdog team but this underdog team brought for themselves a Big Bad Wolf that we all know who...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:58   Link #1782
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post

To most folks, Kiyosumi is probably considered as the underdog team... a no-name high school appearing for the first time in the inter-high... has no coach and not even a reserve player... well, they can always let Kyoutarou to cross-dress if it needs be... heck, others may even just consider Kiyosumi as Haramura Nodoka Team...

But... who needs a coach when you have the Awesome Hisa on your team? I'll trade two capable coaches for Hisa anytime, any day... they may be an underdog team but this underdog team brought for themselves a Big Bad Wolf that we all know who...
If by "others" you mean everyone in the planet who hasn't faced Kiyosumi during the series, and Touka, then yes, you would be right. Everyone in the press, and Touka, still get wet at the sight of Nodocchi acting like a mahjong machine, and/or the swaying of her boobs/giant blobs of fat

God, could someone break this girl already?

It IS hard to challenge Hisa's swag, though I must say Akado is catching up in the coaching department.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 17:59   Link #1783
fukarming

Quote:
If by "others" you mean everyone in the planet who hasn't faced Kiyosumi during the series, and Touka, then yes, you would be right. Everyone in the press, and Touka, still get wet at the sight of Nodocchi acting like a mahjong machine, and/or the swaying of her boobs/giant blobs of fat

It IS hard to challenge Hisa's swag, though I must say Akado is catching up in the coaching department.
I think it is funny to see that so far Nodoka is the only player on Kiyosumi's team that hasn't been "broken" yet. Yuki got ripped by Jun and Mihoko (and will get raped by Teru in the near future), Mako got smashed by Kaori, Hisa playing poorly against Atago. Saki played poorly initially against Yumi and Koromo. Will be fun to see who will break Nodoka.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 18:34   Link #1784
night_sentinel

Quote:

Come now... its technically not totally Nodoka's fault that the reporters seem to be fixated on her. And not all of them seem to believe that Nodoka is all that, I remember that before her match one reporter said to reserve camera time for Nodoka's debut battle in the interhigh because she will lose.

Beside that most players and coaches are actually paying attention to Kiyosumi in the quarterlies. And with their recent match since they eliminated Eisui, their opponents will be grossly uninformed or overconfident if they believe Kiyosumi's strength is solely Haramura Nodoka.

I actually found an upshot or downshot depending on your point of view towards Nodoka's meeting with Achiga. The Achiga's team relationship with Nodoka will probably distract Nishida from the other scoop regarding a Kiyosumi player and her relationship to a certain champion which is good or bad depending on your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
]But... who needs a coach when you have the Awesome Hisa on your team? I'll trade two capable coaches for Hisa anytime, any day... they may be an underdog team but this underdog team brought for themselves a Big Bad Wolf that we all know who...
I'm with this sentiment.... I'll trade Harue in for Hisa any day. Though in fairness to Akado, Hisa has more potential to work with. If we look at Kiyosumi's lineup every single one of them has an ability which is quite rare even for a National class team. And their team does have a hidden big bad wolf masquerading as sheep on official records.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:13   Link #1785
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Honestly, I was just using the reporters as an example. All I want, as I said before, is for someone to break Nodoka, I mean, to show us she can actually feel despair in the table, or even outside of it (yes, there was the whole thing with Saki, but that happened years ago, both in manga and anime, and a really long time ago story-wise). There's a good chance we'll be getting something like that before, during, or after the semi-finals, but for now Nodoka continues to bother me a lot.

But yeah, I really want someone to own her specifically at the table, and I don't mean points-wise, I know Momo did that, I want the Nodocchi avatar crawling in the floor at the feet of a super lesbian that makes horny, erect-ahoge Touka look sane.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:38   Link #1786
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
But yeah, I really want someone to own her specifically at the table, and I don't mean points-wise, I know Momo did that, I want the Nodocchi avatar crawling in the floor at the feet of a super lesbian that makes horny, erect-ahoge Touka look sane.
This would require Nodoka to even acknowledge that, yes, supernatural stuff happens on the table. The thing is, once Nodoka goes into Nodocchi mode, her emotions turn off, to the point where she doesn't even react to a direct-hit ron from Touka. It would likely require something to hit her emotionally BEFORE the match begins, on top of scoring off her with high-point hands.
Old 2012-08-11, 21:14   Link #1787
King-Slayer

The biggest thing for me is the revalation that Teru isn't the Tin women even though we've seen tiny glimpes its a shock. Akado actually coaching is weird as well. But mostly in this chapter is the badass-ness of Yuu.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:20   Link #1788
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I have a feeling that while Teru is actually as emotionally normal as the rest of the cast we've seen, it's just that she has problems showing those feelings, or she just doesn't know how. Well, either those, or something else caused her face to be permanently frozen in an indifferent "Eh".

Also, remind me, there's NOTHING ever shown of Mrs. Miyanaga yet in the manga right? Then why are there Pixiv images floating around of this woman who looks like an older Teru, dressed with a sleeveless blouse and what looks like dogtags/keys on a necklace?
Old 2012-08-11, 21:23   Link #1789
Used Can

Maybe she has facial paralysis, and we're being faggots because we don't know!

Quote:
If by "others" you mean everyone in the planet who hasn't faced Kiyosumi during the series, and Touka, then yes, you would be right. Everyone in the press, and Touka, still get wet at the sight of Nodocchi acting like a mahjong machine, and/or the swaying of her boobs/giant blobs of fat .
You know, by now you'd expect the press to start showing interest in Saki after she beat Koromo, played Rinkai and Eisui like a pro, and on top of that, she's the younger sister of the famed champion.
Old 2012-08-11, 21:40   Link #1790
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Also, remind me, there's NOTHING ever shown of Mrs. Miyanaga yet in the manga right? Then why are there Pixiv images floating around of this woman who looks like an older Teru, dressed with a sleeveless blouse and what looks like dogtags/keys on a necklace?
Remember Saki's flashbacks?

Someone made a "Meaning of Kisses" picture using Teru. Here's the "relatively" SFW version:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:45   Link #1791
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
This would require Nodoka to even acknowledge that, yes, supernatural stuff happens on the table. The thing is, once Nodoka goes into Nodocchi mode, her emotions turn off, to the point where she doesn't even react to a direct-hit ron from Touka. It would likely require something to hit her emotionally BEFORE the match begins, on top of scoring off her with high-point hands.
I guess that's where the whole deal with Saki comes in. I just wish there was a better way to do it other than pseudo drama. You know that stuff isn't going to beat the whole ordeal we just saw Toki go through.

Edit: I already have both versions of that image, but thanks for posting it here. I d wonder what the ones for Toki, Kuro and Kirame mean, and oh my, what is happening with Kei there?

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2012-08-11 at 22:08.
Old 2012-08-12, 00:01   Link #1792
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Remember Saki's flashbacks?
I don't really remember that one. In one of the early chapter perhaps? Might have to do a re-read one of these days, if I can find files for the chapters in question, as they're not on any online reader that I know of.

Hmm, mahjong queen bee, or Saki's version of Furukawa Nagisa? We will never know.
Old 2012-08-12, 00:20   Link #1793
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Edit: I already have both versions of that image, but thanks for posting it here. I d wonder what the ones for Toki, Kuro and Kirame mean, and oh my, what is happening with Kei there?
Toki: Back (Confirmation)
Kuro: Ear (Seduction)
Kirame: Hair (Deep affection)
Kei: Back of the hand (Respect)

Toki: Tiger-san, isn't it not good to torture little animals?
Teru: Didn't you come here on your own, little rabbit?
Toki: .......
Teru: May I eat you?
Toki: !?
Old 2012-08-12, 01:15   Link #1794
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Toki: Back (Confirmation)
I guess she really was wondering if Toki was ok.

And at last, the secret method to overcome the demon is revealed!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-12, 02:10   Link #1795
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

She really is... If you saw my post.

Quote:

Toki: Tiger-san, isn't it not good to torture little animals?
Teru: Didn't you come here on your own, little rabbit?
Toki: .......
Teru: May I eat you?
Toki: !?
Watch out, some sniper is aiming your head, Teru.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:14   Link #1796
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Watch out, some sniper is aiming your head, Teru.
*Snipes the sniper*

Teru is mine to protect!
Old 2012-08-12, 02:17   Link #1797
Kyuu
=^^=

You do realize... Teru would tap some Ryuuka too, right?

Thing is: it is quite feasible for Teru to be more of a pimp... than Hisa ever could be.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:24   Link #1798
Sumeragi
Banned

Teru x Hisa

The ultimate pairing.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:27   Link #1799
JW1

Quote:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The next chapter is out? I thought it was going to be a couple of weeks?
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:28   Link #1800
JW1

Quote:
Oh, Sou-Sou's image commentary on the newest Achiga-hen chapter is up. Given how the 10th image in the series matches up with the initial RAW , I think we can say now that the one where Teru's cheek is squished by Awai's head is the correct one.

For the full series of images, it's here: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=29307388
I wonder what it says? I can only recognize the odd word or name here and there.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri