AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-02, 22:20   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Claymore here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads
Old 2007-05-02, 22:51   Link #2
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I really like both the OP and ED songs. I hope they don't change them mid-season...
Old 2007-05-02, 23:37   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

Opening Theme : " Raison D’être " by Nightmare

Nightmare

Quote:

* Nightmare's single " The WORLD " was used as the first opening for the popular anime Death Note.

* B-side of the single, "Alumina" was used as the first ending of Death Note

* Band Members :

Quote:
* Yomi : Vocals (songwriter)

* Sakito : Lead Guitarist (primary songwriter and leader)

* Hitsugi : Guitarist

* Ni~ya : Bassist

* Ruka : Drummer (songwriter)

* History

- Nightmare began their activities way back in 2000 and every member was influenced by either X/X Japan or Luna Sea in some form

- Vocalist Yomi is good at growling yet he used the beautiful and melodious side of voice when needed

- Yomi is often compared to Kyo from Dir en Grey and is very genki and full of energy.

- Ruka writes a good portion of the songs and his prominent drumming blends in well with Ni~ya, who, unlike other bassists, never fades into the background

- Sakito is the leader and can be quite a trickster. He composes the other major portion of the songs and pulls off fast and skillful twin guitar lines with Hitsugi

- Hitsugi is fond of the late solo artist hide, piercings and cats.

* Music Style

- Nightmare's sound can be described as heavy rock with a strong bassline

- The band's sound basically revolves around the deep vocals of Yomi.

- Majority of the songs are written by either Yomi, Sakito and/or Ruka

- The band is currently touring in Japan. In June, they will have a three-day tour titled "the WORLD RULER ENCORE."

Nightmare is a rare find in the JRock world and, with their diverse sound, there should be something for everyone to like.

* Albums

Quote:
- Gianism ~omae no mono wa ore no mono~ ジャイアニズム ~お前の物は俺の物~ April 21, 2003

- Gianism ~ore no mono wa ore no mono~ ジャイアニズム ~俺の物は俺の物~ May 21, 2003

- Ultimate Circus December 25, 2003 (First major album)

- Ribido (Libido) リヴィド November 25, 2004

- Anima February 22, 2006

- Gianism ~Nightmare no Kuse ni Namaikidazo~ ジャイアニズム ~ナイトメアのくせに生意気だぞ~ May 10, 2006

- ☆ The WORLD rulerFebruary 28, 2007
Old 2007-05-02, 23:41   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

Ending Theme : " Danzai no Hana~Guilty Sky " by Riyu Kosaka

Kosaka Riyu

Quote:

* Born : January 17, 1985

* Labels : Konami / Avex / Toshiba-EMI

* Also Known As : 小坂りゆ, Miki Roberts

Will be updated Shortly

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-05-03 at 00:21.
Old 2007-05-03, 00:20   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Any word on when the OP single is due to be released so we can finally get official lyrics to the OP song? Considering that every fansub group is making their own guesses on some of those lines it would be nice know what is right.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-03, 00:25   Link #6
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Any word on when the OP single is due to be released so we can finally get official lyrics to the OP song? Considering that every fansub group is making their own guesses on some of those lines it would be nice know what is right.
It will be released on the 6th? of June, 2007.

Oops, my mistake, cdjapan list it as 6th of June while Amazon list it as 12th.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-03, 00:27   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It will be released on June 6 2007 , It will contain 3 singles . yeah diffrent fansubs have diffrent karaoke translations . I left the singles part out as pre 03 they have numeros : )

Quote:
Band Website says June 6 : Details

Track Names :

* ☆ Raison d'Etre

* Kyoujou de ni sugita toki to fukakuteina mirai e no requiem

* Criminal Baby
Projected Release Date for the ED : ~Guilty Sky~ (Danzai no Hana or Flower of Conviction) is on May 16

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-05-03 at 00:41.
Old 2007-05-06, 14:27   Link #8
Mentar
Banned

I've got one little music hint for everyone who decides to read through the Claymore mangas, and would like to have some complementary music:

A perfect match would be the Finnish group "Nightwish". Some melodious symphonic metal with the valkyrie voice of Tarja Turunen make for a potent and fitting combination
Old 2007-05-06, 18:53   Link #9
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I've got one little music hint for everyone who decides to read through the Claymore mangas, and would like to have some complementary music:

A perfect match would be the Finnish group "Nightwish". Some melodious symphonic metal with the valkyrie voice of Tarja Turunen make for a potent and fitting combination
You do have a point.

I feel that "Nemo" song is perfectly match with Clare past.

Spoiler for some parts of lyric:
Old 2007-05-06, 21:57   Link #10
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

LOL, I never realized it, but your right, Nightwish, does fit perfectly! I'm going to have to reread the series while listineing to them. Lacuna Coil might work well too.

Also is it just me or does the end theme almost seem like it would fit better for the opening than the actual openning theme.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:49   Link #11
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Apart from Nightwish, Enya would be really nice she did a wonderful job on LOR
Old 2007-05-07, 03:32   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

Enya??? O_O

I mean, I really love her works, but somehow I have difficulties picturing her soft trance-like pieces playing in the background while Claymores and Yomas are shishkebobbing each other ^_^;

Enya would be nice for the contemplative travel parts and campfire atmosphere, but wouldn't you say that the battles are way too vicious for her general music?
Old 2007-05-07, 12:59   Link #13
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Hmm.. I could see Book of Days or Cursum Perficio for some battle scenes. And lots of the songs would fit as alternates to the weird technomix they use in the show sometimes (eg: Ep 2 going to meet Elena).

While Nightwish would be great for many of the battle scenes, I just don't think it fits well in most of the in-between stuff.

Basicly, just need a good mix. Maybe we can pick a couple theme songs per chapter and set up a play list
Old 2007-05-07, 13:20   Link #14
Claymore_Obsessed

My choice while reading Claymore manga is Viking metal, expecially Enslaved's older albums, with lyrics in Icelandic and Norwegian.
Imho they fit great for battles, and for campfire/forest scenes too ^^
Old 2007-05-07, 20:00   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Enya??? O_O
Yeah Enya she did an amazing job with LOR. Let it be the haunting melody became her swansong of LOR . If indeed any LOR fan is reminded of the ost/music the first thing that comes to his mind is let it be .../ Enya . The nearest competition is Pipin's song which is not in the same league as Enya .

Quote:
I mean, I really love her works, but somehow I have difficulties picturing her soft trance-like pieces playing in the background while Claymores and Yomas are shishkebobbing each other ^_^;
I never was a big fan of Techno the only techno I listened was ska metal band Ramstein I listened to Enya's works after LOR

Quote:
Enya would be nice for the contemplative travel parts and campfire atmosphere, but wouldn't you say that the battles are way too vicious for her general music?
I wasn’t thinking of the battle scenes when I said Enya I was talking about well the emotional scenes like , Clare's struggle / childhood flashbacks. The scene I recommended it for was well

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-05-08, 12:38   Link #16
Light Yagami

I really like the two themes. Specially, the ED theme. I'm a Riyu Kosaka big fan!!
Old 2007-05-09, 02:17   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I hadnt heard of Kosaka Riyu before Claymore , but the ED is indeed nice its actually more popular than the OP itself : )
Old 2007-05-09, 11:02   Link #18
Ch1kane

i always thought the ending was sang by a guy but it turn out to be a shocker for me! she'e got deep low voice man...
Old 2007-05-09, 13:16   Link #19
Seska

you will more shocked... You know Naruto? his Sync voice is actually a her....
Old 2007-05-09, 18:50   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah Naruto seiyu is a women Junko Takeuchi to be more exact she also played Gon (HXH) . On the same note I feel like divulging Furuba spoilers but I musnt I must stay away from the Dark Side of the Force -inner struggle-