Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-17, 00:06   Link #421
Wknd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
In truth, anyone could come up with their own reasons to fill in the gaps Kubo leaves behind. I mean I can come up with a whole bunch of reasons myself (though admittedly some would sound more ridiculous than others), but it becomes a problem when we have to consistently do that in the first place on his behalf. Because in all fairness, we shouldn't have to. In the end, one important lesson I've ultimately learned as a writer, is to never create characters who are smarter than myself.
You pretty much sum up everything I wanted to say about the topic.

We all can come up with theories about what is happening, but we shouldn't in the first place. This questions should have been answered long ago. TK did some things with the manga he doesnt remember, drew some other "just as it went"...

Bleach had a nice concept. Poorly executed nonetheless.
Old 2010-10-17, 00:58   Link #422
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Byakuya fighting Ichigo when we was weak doesn't count because all any character now can beat down that form. even Grimmjow could have broke that sword so that battle doesn't count. However all the other fights do
The argument, as you introduced it, was that "Grimmjow was the first one to beat up Ichigo that severely", which is clearly not the case, as Byakuya and Aizen both took him out in easier and more brutal fashion. Ichigo's power level is immaterial to the argument, especially in Bleach, because no one's power level is ever any different than what Kubo needs it to be for the current round of plotkai.

And you can't just say an opposing argument "doesn't count" for no good reason when it goes against you. Do you even realize how that makes you look? Of course, you refuse to spell correctly a legitimate English word (that shares origins with the same term in every Latin language) just because it "seems weird", so I guess arguing with you at all is pointless...
Old 2010-10-17, 09:03   Link #423
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The argument, as you introduced it, was that "Grimmjow was the first one to beat up Ichigo that severely", which is clearly not the case, as Byakuya and Aizen both took him out in easier and more brutal fashion. Ichigo's power level is immaterial to the argument, especially in Bleach, because no one's power level is ever any different than what Kubo needs it to be for the current round of plotkai.

And you can't just say an opposing argument "doesn't count" for no good reason when it goes against you. Do you even realize how that makes you look? Of course, you refuse to spell correctly a legitimate English word (that shares origins with the same term in every Latin language) just because it "seems weird", so I guess arguing with you at all is pointless...
I'll believe Byakuya as I said you got me before okay as for Decide I just can't spell it that way why do you guys have such a problem with it. What is the difference between Deicide and Decide anyway.
Old 2010-10-17, 09:47   Link #424
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
I'll believe Byakuya as I said you got me before okay as for Decide I just can't spell it that way why do you guys have such a problem with it. What is the difference between Deicide and Decide anyway.
See Quigonkenny's earlier post, as he put it quite well:
"There is no ambiguity as to the spelling, as the two words have completely different meanings:

decide - [dee-side] (verb): to resolve a choice. Did you decide to go to the Italian restaurant, or the Mexican restaurant?

deicide - [day-ih-side] (noun): the killing of a god or goddess. In the "God of War" series, the protagonist engages in the deicide of a number of Olympians.

In Bleach, the meaning behind using the term is two-fold, and fairly obvious. First off, the name used for Gin's bankai translates to "God-killing Spear". Secondly, the plot in general is about the downfall of Aizen, who shows increasingly godlike powers over the course of the series."

Also, how is there any kind of decision in those 20-odd chapters?
Old 2010-10-17, 09:58   Link #425
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
See Quigonkenny's earlier post, as he put it quite well:
"There is no ambiguity as to the spelling, as the two words have completely different meanings:

decide - [dee-side] (verb): to resolve a choice. Did you decide to go to the Italian restaurant, or the Mexican restaurant?

deicide - [day-ih-side] (noun): the killing of a god or goddess. In the "God of War" series, the protagonist engages in the deicide of a number of Olympians.

In Bleach, the meaning behind using the term is two-fold, and fairly obvious. First off, the name used for Gin's bankai translates to "God-killing Spear". Secondly, the plot in general is about the downfall of Aizen, who shows increasingly godlike powers over the course of the series."

Also, how is there any kind of decision in those 20-odd chapters?
Well there was a decision. It was the decide of battle. I thought it was saying the final decision of the winter war after all Ichigo vs Aizen was the final battle so I guess it can go both ways.

I actually thought deicide was just a misspelling of decide
Old 2010-10-17, 10:56   Link #426
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but English isn't your native language, is it?

(I don't mean this as derogatory. I'm just legitimately curious.)
Old 2010-10-17, 12:14   Link #427
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Well there was a decision. It was the decide of battle. I thought it was saying the final decision of the winter war after all Ichigo vs Aizen was the final battle so I guess it can go both ways.

I actually thought deicide was just a misspelling of decide
yes, but you don't go with a constant title typo for like 20 chapters
Old 2010-10-17, 12:29   Link #428
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
yes, but you don't go with a constant title typo for like 20 chapters
I know because it is a natural thing you know. If i thought Tite was just incorrectly spelling it it is only natural for me spell it the regular way.
Old 2010-10-17, 12:52   Link #429
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So is the next chapt coming out this week or next? I lost count.
Old 2010-10-17, 14:00   Link #430
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So is the next chapt coming out this week or next? I lost count.
this would be the first week of the break me thinks so the week after next
Old 2010-10-17, 14:29   Link #431
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh well, i got fallout and fable 3 comin to keep me company
Old 2010-10-17, 18:46   Link #432
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Hey you guys I was just talking to some friends at school and one of my friends is a big time Naruto fan and one thing we came across was Pain everybody was talking about who would win if Pain fought Aizen and then I started thinking about the end of the Pain saga and then to the Aizen ordeal. And both endings were relatively bad. The thing about Naruto now is that it is coming to wits end so it would be natural for it to be getting better, Bleach however continues
Old 2010-10-17, 19:03   Link #433
Alchemist007
*Author

Both fights' endings were relatively expected. Because it's not a mystery genre we're talking about here.
Old 2010-10-17, 19:23   Link #434
secretzfan
*Fansubber

really Pain's and Aizen's ending were expected
Old 2010-10-17, 21:31   Link #435
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Aizen wins as planned
Old 2010-10-17, 21:53   Link #436
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Aizen idea
Aizen's apprentice
Aizen comes back just as planned, but he doesn't fight anyone at first. He manipulates the guards to attack Yamamoto and free him. Aizen creates a new trio. He has the the men attack soul society why he begins creating the key. Aizen has a apprentice of his create the key though why he confronts the soul king. Aizen's apprentice ends up having to face Ichigo who has regained his soul reaper powers. Aizen's apprentice is then able to overpower Ichigo meanwhile though Isshin faces Aizen who has already made it to the soul king. isshin manages to defeat Azien's shinigami form.

Meanwhile though Aizen's apprentice finishes the key and meets up with Aizen to face Isshin. Aizen apprentice then faces Isshin and Ichigo who he both over powers by using the hogyoku form. Aizen reawakens to see his apprentice have finished the key and takes it and faces the soul king again. Isshin then uses his form of Mugetsu and Ichigo leaves to face Aizen himself. When Ichigo faces Azien he tells him he doesn't have the hogyoku and tells him he is beyond it and realized he is not its true master, but in fact his apprentice is the hogyoku's true master.
Aizen tells Ichigo even if he dies his apprentice will live on
Old 2010-10-17, 22:15   Link #437
Anubis62

Quote:
Aizen idea
Aizen's apprentice
Aizen comes back just as planned, but he doesn't fight anyone at first. He manipulates the guards to attack Yamamoto and free him. Aizen creates a new trio. He has the the men attack soul society why he begins creating the key. Aizen has a apprentice of his create the key though why he confronts the soul king. Aizen's apprentice ends up having to face Ichigo who has regained his soul reaper powers. Aizen's apprentice is then able to overpower Ichigo meanwhile though Isshin faces Aizen who has already made it to the soul king. isshin manages to defeat Azien's shinigami form.

Meanwhile though Aizen's apprentice finishes the key and meets up with Aizen to face Isshin. Aizen apprentice then faces Isshin and Ichigo who he both over powers by using the hogyoku form. Aizen reawakens to see his apprentice have finished the key and takes it and faces the soul king again. Isshin then uses his form of Mugetsu and Ichigo leaves to face Aizen himself. When Ichigo faces Azien he tells him he doesn't have the hogyoku and tells him he is beyond it and realized he is not its true master, but in fact his apprentice is the hogyoku's true master.
Aizen tells Ichigo even if he dies his apprentice will live on

That's quite a leap of plot-faith, even for a fanfic...
And why isn't Aizen the big baddy?

Also; Aizen's immortal now...so he can't die.
Old 2010-10-17, 22:17   Link #438
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post

That's quite a leap of plot-faith, even for a fanfic...
And why isn't Aizen the big baddy?

Also; Aizen's immortal now...so he can't die.
Aizen's isn't the big baddy because he can't truly control the hogyoku it rejected him. And he probably would he if was back to normal Aizen and had no power, but he does so he probably wouldn't die
Old 2010-10-18, 13:21   Link #439
Anubis62

Quote:
Aizen's isn't the big baddy because he can't truly control the hogyoku it rejected him. And he probably would he if was back to normal Aizen and had no power, but he does so he probably wouldn't die
Aizen doesn't need the Hogyouku.
He's back to his old self, and we will see more of him.

----

New story: ...20,000 years later....

Aizen And what did you THINK grounding me would do, exactly?
Old 2010-10-18, 14:48   Link #440
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
Aizen doesn't need the Hogyouku.
He's back to his old self, and we will see more of him.

----

New story: ...20,000 years later....

Aizen And what did you THINK grounding me would do, exactly?
Sorry Aizen now even Chad can one hit KO you