AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-08, 20:20   Link #301
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... that thing looks horrid. And you've been going on about how the movie outfits are hideous.
It looks better in the comics and with modern tweaks it could look adequate for a film. At least for that outfit, the futurist-esque look actually fits-- instead of this ridiculously unnecessary robot shit that Batman's been sporting in Nolan's series. Hell, I'd even take that toy's design over anything from Nolan's entire series, fanboy.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 20:30   Link #302
GDB

Bruce Wayne doesn't even wear that outfit. That's what Jean-Paul Valley (aka Azrael) wears.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 20:32   Link #303
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Bruce Wayne doesn't even wear that outfit. That's what Jean-Paul Valley (aka Azrael) wears.
Obviously. I have the 500th issue when it's busted out for the first time.

I just think it would be neat if they featured it in a fight against Bane-- considering the history and all. And hey, it couldn't be any worse than the outfits in Nolan's series already.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 04:23   Link #304
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
It looks better in the comics and with modern tweaks it could look adequate for a film. At least for that outfit, the futurist-esque look actually fits-- instead of this ridiculously unnecessary robot shit that Batman's been sporting in Nolan's series. Hell, I'd even take that toy's design over anything from Nolan's entire series, fanboy.
Please refrain from calling people out that way just because they disagree with your pov, especially when they only posted once in this thread and you thus have no grounds on which to call him out that way.

That being said, I have to disagree. Batman's costume designs in Nolan's films aren't as bad as you're saying. Granted, they're not the most ideal, but they're realistic. You can't expect Batman to be leaping rooftops and fighting gun-sporting criminals in a spandex costume, can you? As for the costume from the action figure, I really don't see how that is suitable for Batman at all. Batman is supposed to be a master of shadows, and an outfit with equitable amounts of yellow seems too flashy to me.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 07:53   Link #305
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
"Fanboy" is a pretty weak defensive response (it's what 13 year old boys on XBOX Live call each other when they want to rile up their 'opponents'), so please stop with the childish taunts, they demean you. And, I have to say that the yellow suit is easily one of the most atrocious suits in any of Batman's comics, but I do agree it would be nice to see some sort of suit transition in the movie, if only as a slight reference to the Knightfall storyline.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 12:21   Link #306
Pringles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
.... I'm having flashbacks of Halle Berry's Catwoman....

Once this movie comes out, I can forever forget that~
Lol, I'm glad I never saw that film by the way you guys are talking about it xD Wheeee. I never was a Halle Berry fan.

Anyway I'm kinda looking forward to this but will see it regardless :p Still not digging that "Cat" Woman suit. I find exceptable but just that. There is only one Catwoman for me (Michelle Pfeiffer).
I'm also really hoping to see something remotely similar to Knightfall in this flick xD
Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 19:23   Link #307
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well here's a sideview of the suit

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pr...204254980.html

I suppose I agree with some critics whom have pointed out that the suit is weak and cheap-looking. It doesn't give much of an ompf factor to it but then again she's just a cat burgular. Add in Nolan's "realism aim" and that cuts down the aesthetics a lot.

However, Anne has pointed out that picture only shows a small portion of what the suit can do....whatever the hell that means

There was nothing ever special about Catwoman's suit but I do think if what Anne says is true that may not be the full costume she's wearing and that like Batman it'll go through stages.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 19:27   Link #308
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The hair reminds me of the Julie Newmar era Catwoman.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-08-10 at 20:47.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 20:30   Link #309
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

I suppose I agree with some critics whom have pointed out that the suit is weak and cheap-looking. It doesn't give much of an ompf factor to it but then again she's just a cat burgular. Add in Nolan's "realism aim" and that cuts down the aesthetics a lot.

However, Anne has pointed out that picture only shows a small portion of what the suit can do....whatever the hell that means

There was nothing ever special about Catwoman's suit but I do think if what Anne says is true that may not be the full costume she's wearing and that like Batman it'll go through stages.

If I hadn't seen Iron Man 2 I might be more impressed by the outfit. Now it just looks too Black Widow to me. Anne's easy on the eyes, but she's no Scarlett Johansson. She doesn't fill out that suit the way Jo did hers.

I second Pringles. Michelle Pfeffier probably had the most iconic Catwoman costume. I like how it invoked the "Year One" comic series where Catwoman starts out a dominatrix/prostitute (even though I was like 5 when I first saw Batman Returns so I couldn't appreciate that fact until years later). That look wouldn't really work with the gritty realism of Nolan's films, but this costume is definitely underwhelming if that's what she wears throughout the movie. I hope the common conjecture that this is just Selina Kyle's 'cat burglar' uniform and not her actual Catwoman suit, turns out to be correct.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 00:56   Link #310
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

People are just jumping the gun. Nolan knew this. He probably knew that people were going to be spying and taking photos of his set. I think we're all going to be surprised with the final result of the film in a lot of areas including, but not limited to, Catwoman's costume.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 14:24   Link #311
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Lol, I'm glad I never saw that film by the way you guys are talking about it xD Wheeee. I never was a Halle Berry fan.

Anyway I'm kinda looking forward to this but will see it regardless Still not digging that "Cat" Woman suit. I find exceptable but just that. There is only one Catwoman for me (Michelle Pfeiffer).
I'm also really hoping to see something remotely similar to Knightfall in this flick xD
Totally agree. Her self-tailored suit was the best, Michelle herself was over the top!
Old 2011-08-13, 00:21   Link #312
Haladflire65
*Artist

Batwing is confirmed...

Looks a lot like the Tumbler. Not completely sure about the design yet... it also seems to be more of a hovering vehicle than an actual plane, too. Well, Batman does need a new toy since Bane and Catwoman seem to have the Tumbler and Batpod....
Old 2011-08-13, 00:37   Link #313
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Looks a lot like the Tumbler. Not completely sure about the design yet... it also seems to be more of a hovering vehicle than an actual plane, too. Well, Batman does need a new toy since Bane and Catwoman seem to have the Tumbler and Batpod....
It definitely looks like a plane, but of the fixed-wing VTOL Harrier-esque variety.

Which makes sense. Batman has very little reason to own a traditional jetplane, at least for as long as most of his duties are linked to one city. And if you want to fight in a city with a plane, it would need to be able to hover over one place.

In the original first generation comics, Batman had a mini-helicopter. But for the purpose of this film a helicopter is too fragile for direct combat, so a fixed wing VTOL craft is the way to go.
Old 2011-08-13, 00:37   Link #314
Skane
Anime Snark

First thing that came to mind was the Orca from the C&C series.

Heh.
Old 2011-08-13, 03:45   Link #315
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Batwing is confirmed...

Sweet. The Batwing was the one thing I really wanted. I'm hoping Nolan isn't just going out of his way to make folks happy though and just putting in there to have it in there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 23:51   Link #316
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
First thing that came to mind was the Orca from the C&C series.

Heh.
I was thinking of that VTOL fighter from Gundam Seed

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/vtol-ea.jpg

Quote:
Which makes sense. Batman has very little reason to own a traditional jetplane, at least for as long as most of his duties are linked to one city. And if you want to fight in a city with a plane, it would need to be able to hover over one place.

In the original first generation comics, Batman had a mini-helicopter. But for the purpose of this film a helicopter is too fragile for direct combat, so a fixed wing VTOL craft is the way to go.
Looks more like a helicopter. In a one-on-one with a traditional batwing I don't think that thing would be able to outrun it.

But like you said this is for urban combat so speed isn't something you need to focus on, it's manuverability.

In any case I'm liking it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 00:36   Link #317
HasuMasu
*Artist

That thing looks so badass.

Though I don't remember that thing from Gundam SEED.
Old 2011-08-15, 09:12   Link #318
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2011-08-15, 10:22   Link #319
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Some media has confirmed that it will be a chopper. Maybe a Commanche-style chopper which maneuverability is far superior (it can fly upside down!) like in Ang Lee's Hulk.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 10:36   Link #320
GDB

Less vehicles, more heroes please~
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote