Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-27, 09:22   Link #3041
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Spoiler for saimoe material:

Last edited by frustra; 2009-09-27 at 10:26. Reason: IMAGESHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Old 2009-09-27, 09:29   Link #3042
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Eruruu had done it!!! Though it might be from split vote.

My results so far in the 4th round.
Picks: 5-9
Predictions: 10-4
Truely, my favorites does not match the majority
Old 2009-09-27, 09:37   Link #3043
chaosprophet

Results in english:

Group G1:
1st 534 votes (49.44%) | Eruruu @ Utawarerumono OVA
2nd 397 votes (36.76%) | Nagato Yuki @ Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu / Nyoro~n☆Churuya-san
3rd 149 votes (13.80%) | Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi-chan) @ Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu / Nyoro~n☆Churuya-san

Group H2:
1st 741 votes (66.10%) | Haramura Nodoka (Nodocchi) @ Saki
2nd 380 votes (33.90%) | Miyamura Miyako @ ef - a tale of melodies.

Spoiler for Manga saimoe:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2009-09-28 at 07:29.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:09   Link #3044
seemmeriast

Saki sets another new record: five (or more) characters in Round of 16.

The previous record was four - Rozen Maiden in 2005 and Clannad in 2008.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:14   Link #3045
chaosprophet

Matches and contestants for round 4 (Group Finals):

Spoiler for 09/30 - A Final:

Spoiler for 10/01 - B Final:

Spoiler for 10/02 - C Final:

Spoiler for 10/03 - D Final:

Spoiler for 10/04 - E Final:

Spoiler for 10/05 - F Final:

Spoiler for 10/06 - G Final:

Spoiler for 10/07 - H Final:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2009-09-28 at 09:10.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:29   Link #3046
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
Anyone tried to hold your fingers like Sakis right hand?
Old 2009-09-27, 10:32   Link #3047
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dammit.

I'm not calling a split on that one since there will always be some that go for tsun over quiet. I call anal retentive voters for what I consider a low vote count in general for Haruhi-chan characters.

Lwts see what happens next year when it is Haruhi, Mikuru, and Yuki for real....no "-chan" involved.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:52   Link #3048
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Even if every last Haruhi voter had switched to Yuki, it would have only been barely enough to defeat Eruruu. SHnY was just a bomb this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Let's see what happens next year when it is Haruhi, Mikuru, and Yuki for real....no "-chan" involved.
Yes, and here's hoping we get a third (second? ) season to boot.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:52   Link #3049
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
pretty low score for nodoka..
i wonder if its because no one thought there was a point in really trying or if its on purpose to make people think nodoka is weaker then she really is..
I don't think it's low. It's about the range that winners have been getting. Still, your presumption is something to keep in mind as we move further along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Dammit.

I'm not calling a split on that one since there will always be some that go for tsun over quiet. I call anal retentive voters for what I consider a low vote count in general for Haruhi-chan characters.

Lwts see what happens next year when it is Haruhi, Mikuru, and Yuki for real....no "-chan" involved.
I say 3rd round at best for next year's tournament. That's what I think for now, but 10 months is a long time so things could change for better or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Even if every last Haruhi voter had switched to Yuki, it would have only been barely enough to defeat Eruruu. SHnY was just a bomb this year.
It sounds like it bombed out this year. I liked the series, but for some reason I found it lacked something the first season had. Maybe it was just overhyped after the 2-3 years of waiting. I'll have lower expectations for the next season it airs, then maybe it'll regain that "it" factor it had and meet or surpass the level of enjoyment I had for it at one time.
Old 2009-09-27, 11:17   Link #3050
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
I don't think it's low. It's about the range that winners have been getting. Still, your presumption is something to keep in mind as we move further along.
well nodoka had far more votes in the earlier rounds,
and while tacos for example had her highest score thus far in the last round nodoka had her lowest..
Old 2009-09-27, 11:26   Link #3051
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Blocks E and F are full of lose because there are no Saki characters in there

/narf
Old 2009-09-27, 11:36   Link #3052
Umandsf
Fanboy of Ai Haibara
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Umandsf Send a message via MSN to Umandsf
Picks: 2-0
Predictions: 10-4 (+2 - 0)

Mihoko Fukuji @ Saki
–VS–
Ritsu Tainaka @ K-ON!
–VS–
Ushio Ozanaki @ Clannad ~After Story~

Ushio, the adorably cute one. But I haven’t seen the show, so who am I to know? Ritsu, the loose cannon, and my favorite character from the show. I tend to like these characters, because they tend to be unpredictable and are nothing like the calm, organized self that I am. However, both are against the Captain, which I’ve heard is a really strong character. Sorry, Ritsu. As much as I want you to win, I predict another one for Saki.

Saki Miyanaga @ Saki
–VS–
Nagi Sanzenin @ Hayate the Combat Butler!

Did anyone notice that this is the third consecutive match with a Saki character? Anyway, some unknown character from the show against the ridiculously rich mistress. Yeah, I’m going to have to pick the multi-billionaire. Although don’t think this means that I forget what you did, Nagi. You took away the only hope of my favorite character ever advancing. You may have won this time, but next time, you may not be so lucky. [turns] Don’t worry, little one. Next year, we’ll get ‘em.
…Sheesh, I’m starting to sound like a Cubs fan. [shot repeatedly for poor attempt at humor]
Old 2009-09-27, 11:40   Link #3053
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
" Anyway, some unknown character from the show against the ridiculously rich mistress"
unknown?

saki miyanaga from saki is some unknown character?
Old 2009-09-27, 12:28   Link #3054
DigimonTamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
How come it seems that Hinagiku always does better in Best Moe Tournament compared to Saimoe or ISML?
I don't know, the two tournaments have always been different. Like Horo, I don't think she has ever gotten out of the 2nd round in Saimoe, yet she is a champion in Best Moe.

I like how the tournaments are different, it would be boring to have the same tournaments running side by side now wouldn't it?

Except for 2006, it was awesome seeing Suiseiseki winning both (Rozen Maiden fanboy alert)
Old 2009-09-27, 12:33   Link #3055
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
Saki has finalists in 5/8 finals and can get one more girl in another final today. So basically, Saki has 60% chance of winning this tournament... This is my first saimoe; is it really that one-sided when lesbians go into account?

ps: I said 1 more finalist because Ushio is not losing today. Or I hope that she won't.

Old 2009-09-27, 12:43   Link #3056
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 1-1 (11-3; 82-60)
Predictions: 2-0 (11-3; 119-23)

Haruhi chars just did plain awful this year. Eruruu won this one cleanly, getting more votes than last round while both Yuki and Haruhi lost votes. Welcome back to 2006. Nodoka zzz

Vote: Mihoko, Nagi
Prediction: Mihoko, Nagi

Judging from past performance, Captain has this one sealed. Saki has the greatest chance of actually not making it through to the block finals, which is quite ironically considering every Saki char so far has.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:48   Link #3057
LC
Shocking Pink

Voted: Ricchan, Nagi (N/A for last match, 3-1 in total)
Predicting: Mihoko, Nagi (2-0, 5-1 in total)

I think it's going to be a close win for Nagi, but when I voted, I saw a lot of Saki votes so maybe it will not be as close as it seems.. After all, Hayate characters have not been doing well lately. I'm still surprised Minorin won by such a large margin over Ayumu.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:51   Link #3058
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Okay, I'm voting Nagi-chan and Ritsu. Nagi was so unbelievably cute towards the second half of the series. Ritsu is the other half that makes K-on watchable.

I hold nothing against Saki. She's my favorite mahjong player in the series. I do think that Koromo is cuter. If Saki wins this match, it wouldn't be bad. Bad it will be Saki getting sacrificed for Nodoka. It would be a pretty shitty outcome. So let's get Saki out while she's fighting, and have Nagi try her luck against that blob of fat.

Captain does have one of the best mahjong special abilities. But as a character, damn she's plain. Ushio is the end of Clannad for this tournament. it will be a shame, Ushio is cute, unlike the two who are overrated from the series. The block will be inevitably won by Captain. Only Bibibiri had an actual fighting chance, and she was beaten quite easily. But that doesn't stop me from trying with Eruruu, and let's see how many more think like that.

Never forget
Old 2009-09-27, 13:09   Link #3059
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Nagato Yuki - 397
Suzumiya Haruhi - 149
Eruruu - 534

Haramura Nodoka - 741
Miyamura Miyako - 380

A disappointing performance from Yuki in the first match. Even if she was being held back by split votes, I was hoping she would get a bit closer to Eruruu. It seems unlikely that Yuki would win even if Haruhi wasn't here. Nodoka stomps Miyamiya. Nothing surprising there.

Today's matches:

Miyanaga Saki vs Sanzenin Nagi
Fukuji Mihoko vs Tainaka Ritsu vs Okazaki Ushio

Hayate characters really took a hit in Round 3. Over 2 days, 3 of them lost. This is the last day of Round 2 and Nagi needs to win her match and start a counter attack. The problem is Nagi is up against one of the strongest characters in the contest. Miyanaga Saki, the main character of Saki. She's one of the strongest characters from the most dominant series this year.

Miyanaga Saki hasn't exactly fought any strong opponents in the main bracket. She did beat up Sanya quite badly but Strike Witches characters tend to fold against Saki characters. Isayama Yomi also got killed and she's pretty strong but I may have just overestiamted Yomi. In the preliminaries, Saki outranked Misaka Mikoto and Segawa Isumi. I believe the Saki finale airs today so that might help a bit as well.

Nagi has a solid win against Ryuuguu Rena on record. However, my estimations have Rena only a little higher than Isayama Yomi in terms of power. Also if the size of Saki's win against Sanya was due to the two series having a connection, Sanya may have been holding Saki back relative to Yomi. Looking at preliminaries, Nagi did beat Maria. I think most people already knew Maria and Nagi were close in strength, though. One big advantage Nagi has is she recieved a ton more votes throughout the contest compared to Saki.

The shoes are coming off on this one, but I think Saki will win. Block E and Block F showed that Hayate characters just aren't quite ready to play with the best of the best. Nagi will keep it close but will eventually fall to Saki's Unlimited Rinshan Kaihou Works.

And to seal the deal, Mihoko's presense in the other match will provide a small boost to Saki. Ritsu and Ushio are powerful competitors, but they aren't quite at Mihoko's level. The KyoAni split votes won't help the situation either. Ushio and Ritsu will force Mihoko to use her second eye, but neither of them will be able to take the win.

My votes:

Sanzenin Nagi
Okazaki Ushio
Old 2009-09-27, 13:11   Link #3060
Eater of All
NOM

Eruruu fights past the tie, and gets the win... at the cost of Yuki. And damn Nodoka rape.
Vote record: 0-2 (R3: 6-8) (Tot: 76-66)

Today's votes:
Group G3-2 --> Okazaki Ushio
Group H3-1 --> Sanzen'in Nagi

Bah, I was banking on Nagi being able to take on Saki, but now I'm not so sure anymore....

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe