AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 18:08   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so it's not really a place that should be used for such news. It's better to go for an actual source then sites that list the information.
Old 2010-07-19, 18:49   Link #42
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Holy $hit, I didn't see that coming...I thought Gold Roger was going to be Luffy's pop, even after Dragon was revealed to be his dad I thought that might be the big twist...With Ace being Goldy's son, in one episode, like 500 episodes make sense...The entire building force of this series outside the polygraph(sp?) weapons has been leading up to this huge fallout based on the remnants of Gold Roger and his crew...With Luffy being somewhat of this "chosen" character due to the circumstances of him being around that old guard (Garp effectively making Ace Luffy's bro, which I'd have to assume which is why the Red-hair Pirates were hanging around and their leader became Luffy's mentor)...

Wow, so we are finally at the APEX of One Piece?

Loved seeing all the MAJOR anti-hero//villains finally all together ready to battle...

Don Quixote Doflamingo!! I'm looking at you bro!!

Damn, I just hope the pacing gets sped up because we got a checklist of characters that might take about 50 episodes just for each of them to get 1 line of dialogue...

BTW, Seriously do you have to be atleast 8ft tall to be one of the Boss dudes or whut?!!?
Old 2010-07-19, 19:15   Link #43
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Hahaha, I always found it amusing how tall the biggest villains in OP usually are as well.

I think, Crocodile and ma~ybe Enel were normalish in height?
Old 2010-07-19, 19:45   Link #44
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well even the admirals, Navy Captains and stuff...If One Piece had sports there'd be beacoup steroid testing..

But it's like if you're one of those nameless grunt soldiers you have NO SHOT at advancing up the ranks unless you chomp a fruit...
Old 2010-07-19, 19:50   Link #45
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
(Garp effectively making Ace Luffy's bro, which I'd have to assume which is why the Red-hair Pirates were hanging around and their leader became Luffy's mentor)...
Spoiler for Garp:
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:06   Link #46
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well whether Garp made them bros or was just apart of the conspiracy, I'm just saying this situation is what set the stage and shows the true significance of Luffy's story (as our main character)...Now this is just speculation on my part, but Ace being the Goldenboy is probably why the Red-Hair Pirates were there "checking in" and Luffy got inspired to be a pirate...

I didn't consider Ace being his son cause I was pushing Luffy, but inretrospect it totally owned...It was a nice twist, they got me...I was like WTF is Birdhat Admiral gonna say? Ace is the Superdevil!
Old 2010-07-20, 03:36   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
I think, Crocodile and ma~ybe Enel were normalish in height?
They were tall compared to the average everyday human, but yeah they don't really compare to the ones wingdarkness is talking about.
Old 2010-07-20, 03:46   Link #48
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Exactly ^_^;;

They were big and impressive for their turn in the villain seat, but it seems that Oda sensei has a thing for making bigger and more imposing big bads for each new arc almost.

Are we going to get to a point then, when guys like Kuma aren't going to be considered huge anymore I wonder? (jk)

Anyways, on topic: I was unfortunately spoiled on accident for this bit of information ahead of time, but the delivery was top notch. The entire episode was a slow build up that I thought really paid off at the end. Too bad that next week is likely a break, but I can do without for a bit ^_^;;
Old 2010-07-20, 16:34   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Man, episode 459 was nothing short of spectacular. It had everything. There was perfect music placement (they're even starting to use BGM from movie 10, which was a wonderful musical score), silence that would serve to emphasize particular moments, and a feeling of anticipation for what is going to be the biggest battle yet to occur. I especially liked the scenes with Garp and Sengoku, showing how family and work can create tension even amongst very good friends at times. Some truly powerful stuff there. Sengoku's revelation of Ace being the son of Gol D. Roger was also handled very well. Round of applause to his voice actor for giving us an excellent performance.

And with all that being said, I eagerly await the next episode. With the way this arc is being portrayed right now, it certainly has the potential to beat its manga counterpart.
Old 2010-07-20, 20:16   Link #50
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And with all that being said, I eagerly await the next episode. With the way this arc is being portrayed right now, it certainly has the potential to beat its manga counterpart.
I think i will always like the manga fights better. Naruto vs Pain basically ruined my mood for anime fights anymore, that was the worst fight i've seen in an anime, well the middle of the fight that is. And Bleach ruined it also, having that super long filler before the big fight with Ichigo and ulqiuorra. (Still loved the fight though)

I hope this war is awesome, can't wait to see Whitebeard.....up marineford.
Old 2010-07-20, 21:15   Link #51
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

One piece isn't Bleach or Naruto though ^_^;;

I too have lost interest in those shows, but not due to "unfaithfulness" to the manga or what have you. I just got tired of most standard shonen action manga in general really. Manga like Bleach and Naruto just were never able to drag on as long as they have and stay consistently good imo.

One Piece however, I actually stopped reading the manga because I enjoyed the anime experience more, and I began to nitpick changes here and there as well.

Everyone has a different experience however ^_^
Old 2010-07-20, 22:58   Link #52
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:

I too have lost interest in those shows, but not due to "unfaithfulness" to the manga or what have you. I just got tired of most standard shonen action manga in general really. Manga like Bleach and Naruto just were never able to drag on as long as they have and stay consistently good imo.

One Piece however, I actually stopped reading the manga because I enjoyed the anime experience more, and I began to nitpick changes here and there as well.

Everyone has a different experience however ^_^
Yeah Bleach is dragging on. But i still read it, and i don't know why. And as for Naruto, it looks like it's coming to an end in a few years.

And aww mann, i can't believe you stopped reading One Piece, you should watch and read. I read all the way and just started watching episodes after i caught up. Reading and watching is fun. One of the few where you can actually enjoy both. But i'm gladd i caught up last year, would have been lost on the part where they show the SH's. Sanji? Okama? Ussop? Lard?
Old 2010-07-21, 07:43   Link #53
Prestige

Quote:

And we are thankful about that, those series lost their thunder years ago but One Piece still holds true for its design and style.

I envy your willpower, I really do. I love both anime and manga but I originally started One Piece through anime and I had awesome time downloading 50-100 episodes at time to my computer and enjoing watching them on high quality. I really love OP anime and One Piece has such amazing soundtrack and japanese voice actors are best.

I have been given a thought of dropping manga and letting anime to catch up and leave all suprises for anime only but that is really asking too much from me, manga is just too good and waiting for 2 weeks for new chapter is quite the drag but waiting over year without any update of OP's story progression is quite impossible for me.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:09   Link #54
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

It's really the same either way though. Either you wait for the anime experience (nearly) every week, or you catch up and wait the same amount for the next manga chapter ^_^;;

I found that I enjoyed the anime experience more for the exact same reasons (amazing soundtrack, often high quality animation, etc). You don't really wait any longer than the manga, just that the manga has a greater head start.

It's all about patience really. Some have a harder time than others, and I do have to deal with getting spoiled from time to time unfortunately, but overall I feel enjoy the story more now than when I was caught up in the manga.

Everyone's different however, like I said earlier. This is just how I personally enjoy OP to the greatest extent.
Old 2010-07-21, 13:32   Link #55
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
It's really the same either way though. Either you wait for the anime experience (nearly) every week, or you catch up and wait the same amount for the next manga chapter ^_^;;

I found that I enjoyed the anime experience more for the exact same reasons (amazing soundtrack, often high quality animation, etc). You don't really wait any longer than the manga, just that the manga has a greater head start.

It's all about patience really. Some have a harder time than others, and I do have to deal with getting spoiled from time to time unfortunately, but overall I feel enjoy the story more now than when I was caught up in the manga.

Everyone's different however, like I said earlier. This is just how I personally enjoy OP to the greatest extent.
And that's where reading multiple manga's come in.
Old 2010-07-21, 15:05   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
(they're even starting to use BGM from movie 10, which was a wonderful musical score)
That's good to hear. Won't listen to Strong World's score until after i've seen the film, so it's good to hear they're using pieces from it already.
Old 2010-07-22, 18:46   Link #57
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
But it's like if you're one of those nameless grunt soldiers you have NO SHOT at advancing up the ranks unless you chomp a fruit...
Nah, Shanks and Roger were both human sized, as well as Marco and Ace.

Disagree with
Quote:
Garp didn't make them brothers. End of spoiler, don't wanna spoil too much for just you anime watchers.
this btw.
Old 2010-07-22, 19:25   Link #58
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post

Disagree with this btw.
Disagree why? Garp never said they had to be brothers.
Old 2010-07-23, 01:55   Link #59
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Disagree why? Garp never said they had to be brothers.
He didn't, but he is pretty much the indirect cause for their relationship, don't you think?

I.e. without Garp, the two wouldn't even have known each other.
Old 2010-07-23, 10:21   Link #60
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

"Garp effectively making Ace Luffy's bro"

Is what was said. He didn't make them brothers, he put them there cause of their parents. I'm pretty sure he plan wasn't to make them brothers, maybeh for them to get along and becomes the Worlds best Marines.