AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 13:47   Link #721
justsomeguy

Pros:
* The action was great, and Sunrise's animation was good as usual.
* Stone Cold
* The girls in this show were pretty cute.
Cons:
* The Arma X Ruri subplot was painful to watch, and it didn't exactly go anywhere, though it was good that the writers decided to drop it.
* The final battle forms suck hard. Arma's monster form in the first episode was great, while his normal form had a Megaman feel to it. WTF happened? The designers must have slacked off, giving us that horribly plain suit with the big Galactus Helmet.
* Fei's transformed state must have been a joke. Seriously, a fat teddy bear/frog suit? Then there was her final boss form, a Ramiel ripoff.
* Knight's final angelic form was such a blatant attempt at symbolism that I rolled my eyes.
* Lazy Girl (Arakune) was a very intriguing character, but she was severely neglected. I don't remember her being properly introduced, and she never got any sort of backstory or explanation for her personality and skills. She wandered off during the final battle, and the ending didn't give her any closure or imply what she would do now that Kenmi's dead.
* Arma's "character development." It sucked. He went from antisocial scary guy to shy kid with a crush to optimistic happy guy. Those unfortunate Squall jokes were rather appropriate.
* Arma suddenly finding his amulet in Kenmi's basement. Sure, Kenmi arranged to take it years ago, but Arma suddenly finding it was too convenient, solely to save Ruri from her crystallization and to be thrown away the next episode to show that Arma had changed.
* Kenmi's plan and his Aztec god motivation were retarded. I got the feeling he could have enacted it much earlier and with less risk to himself.
* Wakana I had expected to be some sort of romantic interest for Arma, but nope, she was merely a girl obsessed with rocks. She's obviously just there to be a "normal" person (despite being obsessed with rocks) with no ties to the Sacred Seven, and the writers did barely anything with her.
* The OP/ED switch marked the point where the show began to go downhill.

Final Score: 7/10. I don't expect an action show to have an amazing plot, but I just can't take this show with any ounce of seriousness. Everything up until the finale, minus the ArmaXRuru, I could accept, but the last two episodes were just silly.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:06   Link #722
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The Amulet's were made by Ruri and Aoi's mother. There was nothing special about them other than them being fragments of some other form of super rare darkstone. They were just good at suppressing powers. Ruri and Aoi never needed their amulets in the first place since Fei doesn't need one either.

Kijima didn't get Aoi's power permanently. He can be supercharged by Fei if she has jewels around until he can unlock his Zero/Perfect form.

Arma doesn't need Ruri to supercharge him with random jewels anymore, he seems to have unlocked the Sacred Seven power permanently.

Ruri still has her powers, she was able to generate a crystal wall.

Ruri and Aoi should have bot forms just like Fei since they're all defensive type darkstone hosts.

Wakana was Arma's only friend. They've been best friends forever. That's her role. She's just his buddy, I guess.

And how long is Sacred Seven: Night Edition? I'm guessing it's an OAV. S7 had quite a few filler episodes which didn't include Kijima. It's probably just 3 or 4 episodes.

Anyhow, there's enough there for a second season. For a small Japanese organization run by one dude, Kenmi's operation sure created a ton of trouble. There are probably bigger, badder, more well funded factions interested in these darkstones.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-09-18 at 14:17.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:16   Link #723
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Guys, I've seen the screenshots for the last episode at the Random Curiosity blog and coupled with your comments, it looks like I won't be liking at all how Sacred Seven is going to end once I get to the finalé.

I mean I'm just two episodes behind, and it's a good thing that the summer season hasn't ended yet.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:19   Link #724
Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Guys, I've seen the screenshots for the last episode at the Random Curiosity blog and coupled with your comments, it looks like I won't be liking at all how Sacred Seven is going to end once I get to the finalé.

I mean I'm just two episodes behind, and it's a good thing that the summer season hasn't ended yet.
It has an ending with a nice boat, is that any good?
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:25   Link #725
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Didn't like Arma and Knight's new suits. Thought Fei's suit was great and suited her perfectly. Kinda upset Kenmi was defeat that easily, didn't think he would be able to transfer it to Fei though. Nice that they were able to save Fei in the end. Aoi waking up was nice. Liked how she said Ruri grew up without her. Wonder what the Aiba foundation will be working towards now. Liked the maid force being reinstated. Lol the girls jealous of AOi being attached to Kagami.
Old 2011-09-18, 14:30   Link #726
Bombo
TSF Fans

this anime 7/10 with the ending....
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:36   Link #727
Newhope

7/10 is about right ending was a bit MEH though.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 15:53   Link #728
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

8/10 for me.... well I love the opening and ending song, Alma X Ruri, and the battle.... maybe Sunrise is very excel in action scene...
not so much drama for me... this show is little random... but at least, I enjoy it to the end
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 15:59   Link #729
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
I really liked the ending. It's just that a part of me wishes this were a 2-cour so I could've enjoyed it more. 7.9/10 should be good enough in my opinion.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:21   Link #730
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Too clichè, the final battle was awfull, kenmi scream all the time "i'm strong, i will eat you all" and Arma with 1 shoot defeat him. Pathetic.

5/10, just because i like a lot the chara design but plot is pretty weak.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:56   Link #731
Johnny
Working the bags...

I was glad the battle with Kenmi ending quickly. Actually it wasn't quick enough for me. He was a piss poor end boss who wasn't anything but really annoying. Maybe the voice added to the grate on nerve effect, but I was hoping they'd hurry and kill the bastard off already...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:56   Link #732
Aqua Knight

Actually it's quite funny that Sacred Seven, S7, gets a 7 as an average score

-The series should've been 24 episodes with developing every aspect like romance, plot, past of characters much further with addition of few new characters.
-Maids should have been removed, Ruri could have been done a bit older(taller?)
-Add some more drama and maturity
-Leave action scenes and music on the same high level

and it could have been a much greater anime

Oh, contrary to many I liked Arma's new suit with crystal blue energy traces, disliked Fei's suit and was ok with Knight's suit. And yeah Arma using GIGA DRILL BREAKER was hilarious!

To me S7 deserves 6-7/10
I think 7 is just too high for this overall and it should get 6, but taking only entertaining side of series it can deserve a 7 .

Okay, finally I choose 7/10 as the final score
Old 2011-09-18, 17:28   Link #733
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Finally I got to see a dragonball z type of battle after all this time! Man wish we get more battles like these in the future!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 20:43   Link #734
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It wasn't too bad. Actually glad Kenmi went down since he was getting ridiculous there. Some good Fei drama that had to come after the red eye teasing there last episode. Besides a struggle to save a good kid does somewhat trump a battle to defeat a lunatic wanting to eat hearts.

Everything is taken care of in the end. Though do wonder what that girl that worked for Kenmi will do now, though suppose she can get by somehow.

Didn't think they actually would but through in some Kagami/Aoi stuff so the poor guy wouldn't end up alone . Especially funny to see her taunting those club members that were interested in Kagami. No point though since they had about no chance with him.

The new outfits for Arma and Knight weren't really improvements though. It was only for an episode so suppose it doesn't really matter.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:03   Link #735
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Lesson learned everyone. If you become power hungry, then you'll become Kenmi and start munching on shiny crystals in hopes for more power. You'll also turn into a golden reptile if you do so, so don't go power-hungry everyone.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:59   Link #736
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for In memory of the honourable:

Spoiler for It's HELLA OVER!!:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-10-04 at 20:59.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 06:20   Link #737
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Lesson learned everyone. If you become power hungry, then you'll become Kenmi and start munching on shiny crystals in hopes for more power. You'll also turn into a golden reptile if you do so, so don't go power-hungry everyone.
LOL, is that really the moral of this story? The monologue: it'll always kill an end boss.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 07:08   Link #738
Kakkou
Tch.

Arma's true form doesn't have the red scarf anymore. IT DOESN'T HAVE THE RED SCARF. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ( ; A ; )

*Ahem* Sacred Seven stuck to what it was from start to finish: Pure mindless fun with some neat action scenes and designs. It's just not right to rip it's feeble plot to shreds so I won't even go there.

I like the creativity that went into some of those darkstone designs (lol those twins lamp statues) and also the designs of the Sacreds themselves, except for Arma and Night's final forms. Actually, Arma's final form was kinda cool in it's own way but I'll take his previous one any day. Especially dat red scarf. I wouldn't mind a nicely made figure of that form actually, which says a lot since I'm very hesitant at buying figures.

So overall, I enjoyed this. I'm looking forward to that Night Edition recap. Sacred Seven deserves a 7/10, though I was tempted to give it a 6 for the loss of Arma's red scarf.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 09:28   Link #739
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
When is turned into Fullmetal Alchemist? I mean darkstone kinda pulling off philosopher's stone to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 09:36   Link #740
Seijaku Saiko
NOW I LOST IT

Quote:
Why don't just kill her now?!
Nah, lazy-chan is the coolest character in the show. Also strongest in term of physical combat.

lol'd at the nice boat ending.

Overrall i would rate it 6,5/10, would be better as a movie/OVA imo. Looking forward to Knight's edition.

Tags
action, school life