AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 23:50   Link #381
chitgoks

madara's been talking too many chapters straight. it's time for some closure!
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 00:52   Link #382
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
sasuke will whip out the wrap-it-up box soon

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 01:36   Link #383
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The current Naruto has already grown compared to that initial state. Being a genin was a perfect indication of his lack of control, something that a chuunin needs, he went on rampage like a monster. Kishimoto apparently decided to show Naruto's growth from genin state instead of just making him kage level in the timeskip, since he is a the main character i think it was a good decision, other characters didn't get that treatment, they just leveled up off screen (Gaara, Shikamaru, Sasuke, Sakura, etc.)

Regarding Naruto being a genin i think he would have graduated along with shikamaru if the chunnin exams weren't interrupted by orochimaru. Sasuke, Naruto would have met at the finals and sasuke had chidori but if naruto summoned gamabunta it would have freaked everyone including the 3rd. He just used kyuubi's chakra without any jutsu's besides shadow clones against neji.

Regarding naruto's growth in part II, he is shown still being an immature kid, other than a few fighting skills his growth as a main character lacks completely. If we take his role in the main story in Part-I it was to prove himself and to make others accept him for who he is. But in Part II it completely vanished besides drawing some pity on he being a host for the Tailed beasts. But that part is shared by many including Gaara.

Though i agree with you completely on kishi leaving naruto on gennin level to show his slow progress when compared to how sasuke gained MS (I think kishi rushed this part for sasuke too fast). It will be interesting to see how he grows to match sasuke someday.

Spectacular_Insanity :=

Quote:
Actually, I suspect Neji might be a wind element user, because of the technique he uses called Hakke Kuushou (Eight Trigrams Empty Palm). It looks a lot like a wind attack, and strikes with a crushing force from a distance. Which, as far as I know, is Neji's only mid-range technique.
I think neji's attack/defence relies on forcing his chakra from his chakra holes throughout his body in the case of kaiten and in 64 palms from his fingers to cut the opponents chakra(against the spider guy's web). Besides the wind element cuts the opponent physically instead of the chakra (Temari, Asuma's knife).

But neji's attack seems somewhat different. But it could be possible that Hyuga's have affinity with wind but if so kakashi would have mentioned it to naruto.

I don't think elemental attacks (Fire,Lightning etc...) could harm chakra itself (kyuubi - mass of chakra). Nothing is revealed of Yin/Yang part yet...

james3wk :=
Quote:
I have been wondering about that recently. Specifically, can Naruto go to a fifth or sixth tail? If the Kyuubi has been split in half, as has been indicated, then does that mean that Naruto only has 4.5 tails worth of chakra stored in his belly? This would certainly explain why he was losing himself so much during the Orochimaru scuffle, at only 4 tails out of 4.5, of course the Kyuubi would be in almost complete control.
That sparks some question in me too?.
How is Kyuubi able to survive when it was split into two halves ?
Did it acquire a personality like tobi/madara?

Regarding naruto not going above 4 tails. Its more like a plot jutsu. Remember in Part I why did it stopped at one when naruto fought against sasuke. Now against orochimaru it stopped at 4th tail.
I think one of the reason may be it corresponds to naruto's growth(his strength). In 2 1/2 years he got stronger till 4th tail. Kyuubi kinda restricts itself so that it doesn't kill naruto his host.

Last edited by ace_TZ; 2008-05-14 at 01:57.
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 08:05   Link #384
mahbod

narutos "rank" still may be genin but we all know hes super strong..... rank means nothing he has no time for exams
mahbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 08:50   Link #385
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbod View Post
narutos "rank" still may be genin but we all know hes super strong..... rank means nothing he has no time for exams
Naruto right now can walk into the forest of death alone...and come back within 24 hours with ALL scrolls. The difference is enormous right now.

I cant wait to see...Naruto-sensei in action.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:22   Link #386
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

All it takes is one manga chapter for us to love Naruto again..
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 09:38   Link #387
Endbo

will naruto chapter 400 come out this week
Endbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 10:19   Link #388
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Naruto right now can walk into the forest of death alone...and come back within 24 hours with ALL scrolls. The difference is enormous right now.

I cant wait to see...Naruto-sensei in action.
24 hrs? About 4-5 Oodama Rasengan and the forest of death will be the crater of death
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 11:44   Link #389
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
24 hrs? About 4-5 Oodama Rasengan and the forest of death will be the crater of death
Well it may take some time to kill everyone....and gather ALL the scrolls...so 24 hrs...seems reasonable. Besides...even with using 1000 clones some may get destroyed...so he'd need to send some others after it.

I believe some Chuunins even mentioned that not even they alone could reach the tower (unharmed) within 4-5 hrs....something which only Gaara's team could. So taking all the scrolls by killing them or simply defeating them (K.O.) would take alot more time..since that forest is quite big.
Old 2008-05-14, 12:16   Link #390
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbod View Post
Naruto has Jounin to elite Jounin rank abilities/power, but a genin rank mind. And that is why he is a genin.

Before the time skip only Shikimaru and potentially Shino were worthy of the title of chuunin (which had a lot of hype since it is a leadership position). Post time-skip, well I guess Kishimoto decided that power and strength was more important than the ability to effectively lead others, considering the fact that no one, barely even Shikimaru, actually deserve the title of chuunin, or at least they do not deserve the title from the way that Kishimoto originally described it as.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-05-14 at 12:31.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 12:19   Link #391
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Geez, Naruto certainly has his work cut out for him. He wants to surpass all the Hokage before him but looking at him now and comparing him to Shodaime is like comparing an infant to a mountain in terms of size. His next power-up is going to be completely off the wall.
Old 2008-05-14, 12:49   Link #392
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_TZ View Post
Regarding Naruto being a genin i think he would have graduated along with shikamaru if the chunnin exams weren't interrupted by orochimaru. Sasuke, Naruto would have met at the finals and sasuke had chidori but if naruto summoned gamabunta it would have freaked everyone including the 3rd. He just used kyuubi's chakra without any jutsu's besides shadow clones against neji.
I didn't refer to his raw power, since the chuunin exam is not about that, that's why the only one promoted to Chuunin rank was actually the one who had only one lost battle to show. A chuunin is a leader, someone who is the smartest in a group of people, regardless of power, of course he needs to be strong but it's only one requirement. For example Sasuke is now leading a team of 4 people, but we cannot imagine Naruto doing so with any random genins from Konoha. For example would Sai or Sakura accept if Naruto would want to lead that team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_TZ View Post
Regarding naruto's growth in part II, he is shown still being an immature kid, other than a few fighting skills his growth as a main character lacks completely. If we take his role in the main story in Part-I it was to prove himself and to make others accept him for who he is. But in Part II it completely vanished besides drawing some pity on he being a host for the Tailed beasts. But that part is shared by many including Gaara.
In the beginning of part2 Naruto did behave like an idiot, nothing like a real chuunin should behave. I never criticized Naruto's raw power, since in the Naruto-4-tails vs Orochimaru battle they did show a battle where people like Yamato couldn't really even come too close to the scene without risking their life.

However Kishimoto chose to show Naruto's growth step by step, and he gave Kakashi the words "this is different Naruto", and he did make so that Naruto defeats Kakuzu immediately after Kakuzu almost killed Kakashi. If that was not beliveable growth to you it's not because it was not meant to be but it's because Kishimoto didn't show it in the best way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
Do you think Madara knows that the kyuubi in Naruto is half? Maybe they won't be able to extract it due to it being half.
It's the real kyuubi inside, it also talks to Naruto sometimes. It's about the seal, probably the half of kyuubi's power is under some absolute seal that totally prevents it from being used. It was already said by Jiraiya that it's some super-advanced seal, so the key may be to control that seal's properties, unlike average seals it might have some advanced features not yet known.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:32   Link #393
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well it may take some time to kill everyone....and gather ALL the scrolls...so 24 hrs...seems reasonable. Besides...even with using 1000 clones some may get destroyed...so he'd need to send some others after it.

I believe some Chuunins even mentioned that not even they alone could reach the tower (unharmed) within 4-5 hrs....something which only Gaara's team could. So taking all the scrolls by killing them or simply defeating them (K.O.) would take alot more time..since that forest is quite big.
I doubt an average chunnin could even take out one of his shadow clones but an above average one like say what neji or sasuke or garaa definitely but I doubt they have any of those.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:50   Link #394
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I doubt an average chunnin could even take out one of his shadow clones but an above average one like say what neji or sasuke or garaa definitely but I doubt they have any of those.
You're right that shouldnt be possible but we all know that once Naruto uses Kage Bunshin his opponents are suddenly untouchable or Naruto's clones are suddenly 50x weaker and slower than the original.
Old 2008-05-14, 14:58   Link #395
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
You are kidding, right? Naruto doesn't even know how to dodge, let alone properly fight someone head-on. His style works well for his body, considering his healing factor, but realistically, his fighting abilities are just awful. Any Chuunin could take one or two of his Kage Bushins, that is not the problem though. Where there is one Kage Bushin there is bound to be a dozen more. Naruto's fighting style accounts for his inability to actually fight by having swarms of semi-coordinated attacks were some punchs and kicks land, but even if they do not, he can still tire out/confuse his opponents enough that he can land a finishing blow (to chuunin and jounin level opponents at least).

Honestly, I wish Kishimoto would read a few volumes of Hajime no Ippo, and have Naruto go through a Ippo-esque training regime learning how to dodge and weave through attacks, becuase Naruto's fighting style currently only works for grunts and other non-important characters.
Old 2008-05-14, 15:15   Link #396
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
You are kidding, right? Naruto doesn't even know how to dodge, let alone properly fight someone head-on. His style works well for his body, considering his healing factor, but realistically, his fighting abilities are just awful. Any Chuunin could take one or two of his Kage Bushins, that is not the problem though. Where there is one Kage Bushin there is bound to be a dozen more. Naruto's fighting style accounts for his inability to actually fight by having swarms of semi-coordinated attacks were some punchs and kicks land, but even if they do not, he can still tire out/confuse his opponents enough that he can land a finishing blow (to chuunin and jounin level opponents at least).

Honestly, I wish Kishimoto would read a few volumes of Hajime no Ippo, and have Naruto go through a Ippo-esque training regime learning how to dodge and weave through attacks, becuase Naruto's fighting style currently only works for grunts and other non-important characters.
I guess that really depends on your point of view. I mean, would you say Rock Lee's a bad fighter because he sucks at genjutsu and ninjutsu or Shikamaru's a poor fighter because he's never landed a single kick or punch? If by "fighting ability", you mean Naruto's taijutsu, then yeah, he's nothing special there, but his overall fighting ability is still pretty high even if it does mostly depend on stamina.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 15:24   Link #397
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:

Agreed, you would have thought that after being around Lee, Gai and Kakashi he would have learnt something about taijutsu yet he knows nothing! He sends 10 clones at one opponent but they're attacks are all blocked and the clones poof away without doing any damage: Neji vs Naruto, Sasuke vs Naruto, Naruto vs Gaara. He doesn't use that much techniques except punches and kicks but Lee and Sasuke look like DDR martial art masters: Gaara vs Lee (chuunin exam) and Sasuke vs Gaara
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 15:25   Link #398
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I guess that really depends on your point of view. I mean, would you say Rock Lee's a bad fighter because he sucks at genjutsu and ninjutsu or Shikamaru's a poor fighter because he's never landed a single kick or punch? If by "fighting ability", you mean Naruto's taijutsu, then yeah, he's nothing special there, but his overall fighting ability is still pretty high even if it does mostly depend on stamina.
Thank you for the clarification. I did mean taijutsu, specifically since we were discussing his Kage Bushin and their fighting abilities (which are mainly taijutsu based attacks). But, you are correct, Naruto's overall fighting abilities are definetly higher than his Kage Bushin's fighting abilities.
Old 2008-05-14, 18:01   Link #399
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. I did mean taijutsu, specifically since we were discussing his Kage Bushin and their fighting abilities (which are mainly taijutsu based attacks). But, you are correct, Naruto's overall fighting abilities are definetly higher than his Kage Bushin's fighting abilities.
its funny how they portray this in the anime
in the same episode, naruto's clones are pwned by one guy
yet naruto single handedly spares with the guy and comes on top
it may jsut be filler, but seems plausible still
Old 2008-05-15, 08:16   Link #400
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's not plausible at all actually, that's why Naruto was able to outmaneuver Kakuzu with only 3 clones and why he hasn't been massively using Kage Bunshin in battle since the timeskip contrary to what he used to do. The anime team simply use KB frenzy as a simple way to milk the fights up which is stupid because the use of KB was his real improvement over the timeskip.

I have no difficulty seeing Naruto sending a thousand KB in the forest of death and steal all the scroll from a few dozens of participants.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote