AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-18, 06:00   Link #101
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
But if for some reason he did
Actually he is bluffing. You can see his mentality in dealing with Biri-Biri in the Index manga.
Old 2008-12-18, 09:32   Link #102
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Well, Touma certainly convinced me that he was serious, this time.
Old 2008-12-18, 22:18   Link #103
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

That's incorrect, it was established beforehand that his hand moved unconsciously to protect him. Also, Mikoto said herself that even though she went all-out, nothing ever harmed him.
Thats because she is stupid and not using her power effectively.
Old 2008-12-19, 22:37   Link #104
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I think Mikoto really afraid of losing her power when she (we all know that she) worked really hard to achieve level 5.

Perhaps there is a special reason as to why she wanted to achieve level 5.... for the 'sisters' maybe.
Old 2008-12-19, 22:54   Link #105
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It's odd. Mikoto started out as a level 1 and reached level 5 through hard work, or so the inspirational story seems to go. But the scientists wanted to clone her because she was a level 5 already, right? But she was still a loli at the time. And if she started out as a level 1, shouldn't her clones be the same way? Or was Lamarck right after all?
Old 2008-12-20, 16:22   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or maybe they trained the clones very hard.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:36   Link #107
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

There's a difference between potential and realized potential. Think about your typical shounen action series: the hero's got the potential to be the very best, but he's got to go through the training first.
Old 2008-12-20, 21:22   Link #108
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

You're missing my point. She was classified as a level 1 to start out with. At the loli-stage, she couldn't have been any different. There is no separate rating for "potential" that we know of, just a measurement of their current power, so how could they have known back then that she was worth training? Had she really managed all that "hard work" everyone keeps talking about by the time she was still that little?
Old 2008-12-21, 08:16   Link #109
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Yes, I agree that the level rating is applied to one's current power, but I get the impression that they had some way of measuring her potential. (I don't know what the novels have to say about it.) After all, they've got a plan to get Accelerator to the next level, and they've specifically tailored his training. I would argue that rather than this being a case of Lamarckian evolution, they're simply not able to speed-teach the sisters to Level 5. Similarly, they're not able to speed-teach them emotional subtleties.
Old 2008-12-23, 14:49   Link #110
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh yeah i got a question.
How come it's taking longer to publish Railgun into Volumes when the main manga has already published its 3rd volume while railgun is still selling the 2nd Volume?
Does it had to do with the fact that the main manga publish 5 chapters per volume while Railgun publish 6 or 7 chapters per volume?
Old 2008-12-23, 17:26   Link #111
ZeroForever

random numbers question.

how long has the imouto plan been in action anyways?
considering by the point everything the manga occurs it's already 10000+ kills, and the plan couldn't have been more then a few years old (as noted Biri worked her way up to level 5 and was still a young girl before she ever gave her genetic material to start the cloning)

assuming 365 days a year is still standard in that universe. at most the plan is 10 years old (started immediately after the scene with Biri, more realistically it's less then 5). At 10 years it's 3650 so something like 3 imoutos a day, if you get more extreme like 1 year period then it's like 30 imoutos a day. (not exact math just rough estimates obviously)
Old 2008-12-23, 22:28   Link #112
Bordix

^
Dude, I think you posted on the wrong thread, this is railgun
Old 2008-12-23, 23:10   Link #113
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
^
Dude, I think you posted on the wrong thread, this is railgun
Oh... thanks . I don't know how the heck that happened
Old 2009-01-05, 01:29   Link #114
Bordix

I've just read the special chap released by hidoi/twilight...

It was interesting....
hmmm.. So those guys are the hounds >.>
and wtf @ the story behind the Imouto's stripe panties
Old 2009-01-05, 05:45   Link #115
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
random numbers question.

how long has the imouto plan been in action anyways?
considering by the point everything the manga occurs it's already 10000+ kills, and the plan couldn't have been more then a few years old (as noted Biri worked her way up to level 5 and was still a young girl before she ever gave her genetic material to start the cloning)

assuming 365 days a year is still standard in that universe. at most the plan is 10 years old (started immediately after the scene with Biri, more realistically it's less then 5). At 10 years it's 3650 so something like 3 imoutos a day, if you get more extreme like 1 year period then it's like 30 imoutos a day. (not exact math just rough estimates obviously)
It's never been explicitly told but Mikoto only recently discovered it via her classmate rumors.

Eventually she met them by coincidence. But given her attitude in the first scene of To Aru Majutsu no Index novel she already knew of the sisters telling it to Touma just as she fries him.

Mikoto only discovered the Accelerator Plan during or after the Index arc.

Why? Because she still had spunk while Touma still had his marbles.

Weeks after the Index arc she likely found a corpse of a sister or sisters spruning her to investigate what the scientists are doing to her clones.
Old 2009-01-06, 11:45   Link #116
Mazrem

Actually, if I remember correctly they wanted her as a child because of her electrical powers to study as a cure for a disease dealing with electric impulses in the brain. For that, her level didn't really matter. It probably wasn't until much later that she became level 5, and around that time the scientists probably started to shift the focus of their little "project."
Old 2009-01-09, 13:17   Link #117
miazukisan

i think she knew of the plan before of index but she stared doing something about arounf the start fo the index.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:50   Link #118
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I've just read the special chap released by hidoi/twilight...

It was interesting....
hmmm.. So those guys are the hounds >.>
and wtf @ the story behind the Imouto's stripe panties
How stupid. I mean, careful observation of Misaka Mikoto's general personality as well as interactions with her peers would obviously suggest that she wears shorts underneath her skirt. Too smart to garner the simple solution I guess .
Old 2009-01-19, 06:52   Link #119
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
How stupid. I mean, careful observation of Misaka Mikoto's general personality as well as interactions with her peers would obviously suggest that she wears shorts underneath her skirt. Too smart to garner the simple solution I guess .
She still has to wear panties under them, though.

Not much happening in chapter 9, which consists of Kuroko beating up thugs and unexpectedly having trouble with the last. Absolutely no Biri Biri, which has got to be a violation of her contract or something.

I wonder what Thug #3's power is... Something that can evade Kuroko's teleportation tricks, yet not give him a direct upper hand against her... unless he's going easy on her (or, quite likely, is just an idiot) and holding back its potential. Illusion? But he's not attacking her while under the cover of an illusion. It looks like Kuroko's destinations are all being offset judging by how the nail meant for inside his arm appeared beside it (maybe she actually teleported in front of him earlier, too, instead of behind him like she thought she was), but I don't know what that means.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2009-01-19 at 07:10.
Old 2009-01-19, 17:53   Link #120
Mentar
Banned

Explanation will follow in chapter 10.

And while there may be no Mikoto this chapter, we get alot of Kuroko (who I consider the MVP for this manga). Let's hope that the upcoming chapter will be around the corner

PS: Can't help it, but I love Kuroko's pseudo-kind trashtalking ^_^
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen