AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-13, 04:36   Link #121
Brizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Everything was actually perfect except for when Minorin starting talking about UFOs and ghosts....I'm like "wtf.....are you effing serious?" Yeah that part killed the episode for me.....but awesome episode nonetheless!!
What are you talking about? It makes perfect sense if you'd actually paid attention to what they had said at Ami's Villa during the Summer. It's a recurring metaphor.

Did anyone else notice that when Taiga goes to check on the noise coming from her bedroom she grips Ryuuji's scarf as if to reassure herself?
Old 2009-02-13, 04:37   Link #122
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I realized only just now that a lot of Haruta's weird dream actually became true: Ryuuji in bear costume, (half) naked Kitamura... anything else?
Old 2009-02-13, 05:18   Link #123
Arveene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wow just finished the episode. So good lol. Did bring some tears lol. The bear suit was cute....but freaky at the same time.

Everything was actually perfect except for when Minorin starting talking about UFOs and ghosts....I'm like "wtf.....are you effing serious?" Yeah that part killed the episode for me.....but awesome episode nonetheless!!
Seems like you didn't get the metaphor then. If you go back and watch it closely with how it relates to the chars you should probably see it.

I really liked this episode, like someone else mentioned earlier the whole scene with Taiga being spun around by Santa was so adorable.

There's still.. 6 more episodes to go, and I can't wait to see how this wraps up. This may easily fall under one of my top 5 of all time.
Old 2009-02-13, 05:51   Link #124
Justin Kim
*Artist

Subs are out for anyone who has been waiting patiently. They just came out 40min ago for me , have fun watching - and yes Darknemo everyone does indeed have their own tastes, I respect that statement, and at the same time the post "^" isn't escalating anything as well.
Old 2009-02-13, 05:54   Link #125
ddongbap

Dang guys, why the hate?!

Doesn't Toradora put you in a good mood?

It sure puts my emo ass in a good mood.

Tiaga's cry makes me sad inside tho.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:11   Link #126
hai_san

The best EP so far for me, the romance section just hits bottom with 3 "rejections" (Taiga->Ryuuji, Ryuuji->Taiga, Minorin->Ryuuji) , it can only goes up for them from now on...

... i hope... well there is still Amy and Kitamura...

can't wait to see how this all will resolve or even if they will resolve... open ending style or "reset" ending(please no spoiler from the novels )
Old 2009-02-13, 06:17   Link #127
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Ami fan/shipper here.

Gawd. Sigh. Seems like there's no other choice but to just swallow everything I just watched. She's still the best of the bunch for me (Minorin is WEIRD, Taiga is.......I don't like loli's), But they need to flush out Taiga's character more other than her being too dependent on Ryuuji though. She'd to be clingy if that happens. Props to Ryuuji if he can take that.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:19   Link #128
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, I just want to clarify that those whom are reading this thread. Feel no sense of hostility when coming here, I think the clarification was made in the above statement. He is right after all, we just sit and watch (to look at our favorite characters of Toradora play out their acts corresponding to their personalities). I mean it's not like we can go into the little picture boxes of our society and change the anime's story line, unless you stalk the mangaka lolol to change your favorite character's outcome.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:32   Link #129
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Here's my own impressions regarding the episode. I hope you'd enjoy reading and comment afterward.

Toradora 19: joy to the world

I'm a fan of Ami. Despite Taiga's change, I still like Ami more, although I've already accepted the long-foregone conclusion.

Ultimately, let's just hope for an Amidora ~ After Story.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:34   Link #130
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Justin Kim, I think it is a big question - what do you think a creation is?

Is creation only a creation when you word to word understand what author meant, or is it a creation when you interpretate based on your own life experience?

In my opinion, creation has to make other to create - to think, to imagine, to interpretate (that's also a creation). Thats why there cannot be two same Toradora's in this world.

Of course, some others would say that it is disrespectful to author - you have to mimic what author said, without trying to think on your own.

Thats why arguments like this arise. I think all of the interpretations be they based on shipping or not, have their own right as it is simply their own creation. Other people may say that it is wrong and that no 'clouded judgments' are allowed, and the only unclouded judgment of the author is right.

Depends on your stance really.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:35   Link #131
Verne
Gunbound Meister

The timing of that song (Saa...Christmas) as he was rejected - lol.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:39   Link #132
Bordix

Ryuuji got rejected (HARD) and I really wanted RyuujixMinorin, oh well~.....
(hmm, I wonder what was inside that gift that was supposed to be for Minorin)
Old 2009-02-13, 06:39   Link #133
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Dang guys, why the hate?!

Doesn't Toradora put you in a good mood?
LOLOL I've voiced out something similar in the Macross forums at the height of the shipping wars over there. I've pointed out how Macross is about music, peace and love (and the mech battles are the antithesis), so all the flaming and hating was just disappointing. What I got was some ridicule and "welcome to teh internets LOL." So yeah. (They say it's called "Concern Trolling" by the way.)
Old 2009-02-13, 06:46   Link #134
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
LOLOL I've voiced out something similar in the Macross forums at the height of the shipping wars over there. I've pointed out how Macross is about music, peace and love (and the mech battles are the antithesis), so all the flaming and hating was just disappointing. What I got was some ridicule and "welcome to teh internets LOL." So yeah. (They say it's called "Concern Trolling" by the way.)
Haha, narito rin ako.

Well, people are bound to disagree. It's going to be boring without it.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:56   Link #135
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Really liked the episode. But it's the same thing with Toradora all the time with me:

Kitamura/Minorin acts annoying with their two-faced happiness,

Taiga acts insanely moody or moody underneath her exterior,

After like 10 minutes, something genuinely emotional happens.

It's been like that for like 10 straight episodes, I swear. Maybe even more than that.

Anyway, the way Ryuuji pretended as Santa was pretty nice and I nearly had a few teardrops from that scene. Though if you think about it, the way he does it is just very random. So he picks up a suit from someone? And switches suits? HUH?
Old 2009-02-13, 07:09   Link #136
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Anyway, the way Ryuuji pretended as Santa was pretty nice and I nearly had a few teardrops from that scene. Though if you think about it, the way he does it is just very random. So he picks up a suit from someone? And switches suits? HUH?
heh I just found out upon rewatch that you see the bear suit in the party @ around 08:00. Nice little detail there.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:10   Link #137
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Haha, narito rin ako.

Well, people are bound to disagree. It's going to be boring without it.
Haha, apir tayo dyan! And yeah, there's always the option to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Really liked the episode. But it's the same thing with Toradora all the time with me:

Kitamura/Minorin acts annoying with their two-faced happiness,

Taiga acts insanely moody or moody underneath her exterior,

After like 10 minutes, something genuinely emotional happens.

It's been like that for like 10 straight episodes, I swear. Maybe even more than that.
Hm, maybe it's some exercise in empathy. Strangely enough, I consider the the last ten episodes as solid and where things heated up.
Old 2009-02-13, 07:19   Link #138
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Wow Christmas was great .
Taiga and Ami was cute , theirs songs too . but Kitamura's clothes
Ryuji was like a yakuza XD (his father )

Finally Minorin didn't come in the party .
Poor Ami Ryuji didn't listen what she said before ...

The great part was Santa's part ! It was nice , I though Taiga really believe it was Santa ^^ Ryuji x Taiga moments and Yes , Taiga finally realize who was the one when she can rely on . well now she didn't want to lost Ryuji , it was sad to see her crying and screaming .
Minorin saw her and now understand that Taiga love him . so its why she rejected Ryuji and acting like that , she had the feelings that Taiga feels somethings to Ryuji .

So now we can cross out Minorin x Ryuji , and 6 episodes left also Ami x Ryuji too . Ryuji didn't show interest for her its finish .
With this episode i can agree with Taiga x Ryuji .

Next episode : it seems Taiga will say something to Taiga , she'll bow to him so i think she excuse and move forward so Ryuji is in her mind now . ( its what i think maybe i'm wrong )

For the Santa' suits yeah you saw it in 8:00 mn !
Old 2009-02-13, 07:37   Link #139
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
God I seriously cried when Taiga was being spun around by Ryuji and she was just overly joyed at the entire situation. Nothing but pure happiness was emanating from that girl, and it touched my heart to see her smiling and laughing the way she was.

And once again you people are getting upset over the characters of this show acting like normal, breathing human beings who don't entirely know what they really want because being in love will do that to you.

The problem is that you keep sitting outside the fourth wall, where you apparently KNOW how things should turn out, so you start to dismiss things like human behavior. It constantly needs to be brought up, this show is about the JOURNEY not the DESTINATION, which is why it's so unfathomably fantastic and the show I look forward to watching more then any other each week. The middle ground is what makes this show so god damn good.

Stop asking if Ami got screen time.

Stop asking what happened to the comedy.

Stop 'shipping' (god all mighty please stop shipping).

And just accept all of it. Every last bit of it.

You will shit soo many bricks you'll need to buy land to build a house out of them all, because you'll see what you've been missing out on.
Yeah you got a point . i agree with you .
We can't change the story except in our dream , the author is the author , its him the god of Toradora .
Just watch and say our opinion , its like that .
Old 2009-02-13, 07:48   Link #140
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Watching this episode made me realize Toradora! is jus like True Tears.

Spoiler for True Tears:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-02-14 at 06:12. Reason: please use spoiler tags for the sake who hasn't watched True Tears (or any other series you want to make the comparison with)
Closed Thread