AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 04:32   Link #11641
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: As much as I love Charlotte, I feel that the chapter with her and Laura is just getting more and more ridiculous as things go along. Over-the-topness is good, but I just can't seem to digest the part with the butler-maid cafe. Hopefully I can get over it so I can get more material.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 04:33   Link #11642
Eratas123

@ Meistah - You don't mind me making Karon somewhat perverted in the drafts? I'm afraid she's too OOC since she worries about the (accidental) innuendo's Irish is saying.

@ demino_hellsin - This is the I.S world, stuff like that is par for the norm. Besides, just wait till Volume 5.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:11   Link #11643
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Anyone ever get that feeling, you know where the plot is supposed to go but you just can't find the words to make the story flow?
Old 2011-12-07, 05:11   Link #11644
HasuMasu
*Artist

That's the way it is with me all the time, that's why my stories always sound awkward and never flow.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:13   Link #11645
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin and Box - Nah, I'm just too lazy and prefer writing drafts. I know my plot well enough.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:17   Link #11646
demino_hellsin
That one guy

era-era is lucky my brain is being uncooperative.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:21   Link #11647
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I dont mind everything that has transpired so far.

I tried hunting for the trope in which an enemy has somehow limitless resources, but it somehow escapes me. Its a result of my thought experiments piecing together the various factions vying for dominence in fanon. The petty attacks against women in Japan and the Yakuza gangs that somehow have US weapons. The Ea and their endless supply of IS. The Caliphate which came before and their ability to throw Chastity Engines up every week. Max lampshades very early that the ST@RS have enraged an enemy that somehow has the monetary power of a whole country. While the Caliphate was largely sponsored by a group of states, the level of organization and technology, and their lack of self-proclamations, of the Ea is only possible if the 1st world is involved somehow. But no one in the public eye is that crazy.

Exploring this mystery is the main storyline through my fic. Perhaps I should spinoff the idol parts as a side story...
Old 2011-12-07, 05:22   Link #11648
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Nah, just having more fun making drafts and talking here compared to staring at a blank screen on MS word.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:27   Link #11649
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Can't you get a set plot? First it was a serious story, then it turned grim dark, then noble bright idol life, and now it's turned to mystery. What's next, a gender bender or post apocalyptic story a la fallout?
Old 2011-12-07, 05:35   Link #11650
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Argh! Making AE and Blue Tears fight for the AE's debut would make the fic extremely flammable won't it?
Old 2011-12-07, 05:35   Link #11651
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

thats always been my problem. I have trouble finding the right balance. I seek to achieve the Sakura Wars level of integration between showbiz and the bigger picture, but there's so much content for either that I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:41   Link #11652
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Make it an Uchigane. Every male OC ends up fighting either Rin or Cecilia so people are getting tired of it.

@ Meistah - Honestly, there's already a lot of dark and serious stories. A story that's noble bright like idol life is unique and a breath of fresh air. You can include mystery, just make sure you balance it with the idol segments.

@ Senpai and Meistah - Why are Idols so popular? Is it because of their looks? Also, what do they appeal to?
Old 2011-12-07, 05:44   Link #11653
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: Then that means I have to finish the Uchigane pilot OC I'm thinking of D: This is bad...
Old 2011-12-07, 05:45   Link #11654
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai (When you get back) - Why are Idols so popular? Is it because of their looks? Also, what do they appeal to?
The most important: spirit of youth, inner and outer alike.

This is why they're must look like a 15-years old bishoujo (real age is no problem), has funny but otherwise beautiful voice and upbeat song with optimistic lyric, and certain charm that is cheerfulness and innocence.

Idol having a boyfriend, especially one that is sexually involved with is a no-no. And Karon wasn't 20- something years old singer with the body of a loli, she IS a loli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Anyway, Max and Browning are in the next room. Nothing's happening, they just got caught in the rain too
Still they're caught in the mess due to Karon and Irish' antics.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:47   Link #11655
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@era-era: Then that means I have to finish the Uchigane pilot OC I'm thinking of D: This is bad...
Not really, you can make it one of the minor characters or a nameless student. Did you forget that the Uchigane is the training unit and that any person in the academy can use it? it's not exclusive to anyone.

They wouldn't place some unknown machine against a rep candidate/personal I.S user.

@ Senpai - Did you read the small convo I posted from before that post? Also, why are idols getting boyfriends a no-no?
Old 2011-12-07, 05:50   Link #11656
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

depends on who's the idol. I crafted them based on the niche they would be most popular in. For example, Kei snags girls easily. Whereas Karon's popular not because shes a good idol but because shes a good fighter armed with a walking tech demonstration. She's cute, flat and completely enslaves the IStaku population just by being Vandam. And flat. And almost 2D.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:53   Link #11657
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
depends on who's the idol. I crafted them based on the niche they would be most popular in. For example, Kei snags girls easily. Whereas Karon's popular not because shes a good idol but because shes a good fighter armed with a walking tech demonstration. She's cute, flat and completely enslaves the IStaku population just by being Vandam. And flat. And almost 2D.
So her fans are DFC lovers? Man, that must piss her off Does she get any stalkers like people who take secret photos of her? Watching P4 gave me an idea and the love hotel scenario would be way too juicy for idol stalkers to pass up.

Also, how would fans react when they think she's in a relationship? Irish in cross fanon, Maximillian in Vandam fanon.
Old 2011-12-07, 05:55   Link #11658
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I guess... If I did use a nameless character, I'd need to know what the general populace of IS are like. 3rd years seem to be near pros, 2nd years are actually competent, 1st years just seem to be a gaggle of fangirls. And I was planning to use a first year D:

Someone please shed some light in what each year level is really like! Or do I really need to make it all up? T_T
Old 2011-12-07, 05:58   Link #11659
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@era-era: I guess... If I did use a nameless character, I'd need to know what the general populace of IS are like. 3rd years seem to be near pros, 2nd years are actually competent, 1st years just seem to be a gaggle of fangirls. And I was planning to use a first year D:

Someone please shed some light in what each year level is really like! Or do I really need to make it all up? T_T
The novel doesn't really say it. I'm assuming that 3rd years are pro's, 2nd years and some 1st your are average to good, and most first years are inexperienced to average. Just make him fight a second year.
Old 2011-12-07, 06:00   Link #11660
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

nearly 600 pages....

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest