4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-18, 09:54   Link #41
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
it is more dramatic to have them jump sideways, like John Woo.
Old 2006-03-18, 10:10   Link #42
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
1. The "self-wounding" scene was totally butchered (well, the game only had one CG for it, so there's not much to butcher). In the game, it was like "WTF!? She just killed herself!" and Rider actually showed some painful reactions. Here in the anime, it's like "nobody seems surprised that Rider just stabbed herself in the neck", and Rider was like "nail goes... here *poke*".
For reference, this is what the scene looked like in the game...
Spoiler for For current episode:

That's only the first CG, but it gets the point across. I agree with MakubeX2 though. They'll probably (hopefully) flesh it out for the DVD scene. Her just sticking the stake into her neck without any reaction wasn't really the best thing they could've done.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 12:25   Link #43
ayyo

Bonus brownie points for the smile 'of the year'
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 12:56   Link #44
monster

Yeah, I never realized Saber could be so adorable until that scene.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 13:27   Link #45
NeoSlicerZ

Must say I enjoyed this episode, Shirou didn't behave like a complete episode for once. Rather bemused by how his torso wasn't penetrable by Rider, yet his limbs were. Did he trace his own body? Or was it...

Last edited by NeoSlicerZ; 2006-03-18 at 14:47.
NeoSlicerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 13:31   Link #46
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSlicerZ
Must say I enjoyed this episode, Shirou didn't behave like a complete episode for once. Rather bemused by how his torso wasn't penetrable by Rider, yet his limbs were. Did he trace his own body? Or was it...
Will you people stop mentioning game spoilers here? There are threads for future speculation, future game related speculation, game Q&A's,and so on and so on.

SPoiler tagging it is not an excuse.

Last edited by Jump; 2006-03-18 at 17:28.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 14:04   Link #47
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Holy shit this episode rocked. Shirou wasn't a total weak baka for once. He absorbed, blocked, and deflected like a dozen attacks. Looks like he's finally tapping into some hidden potential.

The ending was a bit weird imo. I mean, I'm sure all the Saber fans thought it was a wonderful payoff, but I kind of prefer the cold hearted bitch Saber more. The embarassment after the handshake and the "Because shirou said they look nice on me" comment... wtf? Meh whatever, at least they are going to start working together to pwn face.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 14:17   Link #48
Chichi

This is potentially the episode we have all been waiting for, so to speak. I enjoyed this episode for the obvious action that ensued despite the lack of development otherwise. It isn't entirely realistic with how the events unfold so dramatically, but the episode was good overall, one of the best actually so far. 8/10
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 14:45   Link #49
DrewGSR

finally a better episode with some action without Shirous being that much of a pansy. But it would have been so much better if there was some death in the ep or at elast Shirou choking his ass into submission lol, I mean Shinji did try to kill him.

Also what is exactly "noble phantasm" is it suppose to be some last resort move or something? She released all her mana so she could escape, that is what she used it for but what is exactly for all servants? A way to get a burst of energy?
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 14:48   Link #50
NeoSlicerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Will you people stop mentioning game spoilers here? There are threads for future speculation, future game related speculation, game Q&A's,and so on and so on.

SPoiler tagging it is not an excuse.
Sure, edited. w/e.
NeoSlicerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:03   Link #51
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
Also what is exactly "noble phantasm" is it suppose to be some last resort move or something? She released all her mana so she could escape, that is what she used it for but what is exactly for all servants? A way to get a burst of energy?
Hmm , it is most likely a Servant's special skill\weapon\ability (like Cu Cullain's , or whatever his name was , Gae Bolga, Sasaki Koujirou's Tsubame-Gaeshi) he was famous for in his\her previous life .
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:09   Link #52
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incoan
a Servant's special skill\weapon\ability he was famous for in his\her previous life .
So who's famous for stabbing one's self in the neck and drawing what looks like a picture of sperms surrounding an egg and having a blast of light shoot out from it?

EDIT: This is a sincere question.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:13   Link #53
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
So who's famous for stabbing one's self in the neck and drawing what looks like a picture of sperms surrounding an egg and having a blast of light shoot out from it?
Ok , let's just leave it as a Servant's ubah special ability.

EDIT Well, having rewatched that scene again (raw tho >_< ) I can assure you can pretty much guess the Rider's identity .... yeah , only guess. That's all I can say...

Last edited by Incoan; 2006-03-18 at 15:33.
Old 2006-03-18, 15:47   Link #54
TheDisruptiveOne

Definitely one of the best episodes yet. I never get tired of watching Rider's graceful movements in battle. She is incredible, Shinji is lucky to be her master. Rin was her usual amusing self. I consider her to be playing the role of scene-stealer every time she appears. Her personality just overpowers Shirou's and Saber's and everyone elses. People that share scenes with Rin get lost in the scene and you don't even remember them. She appeared for like 3 minutes in this episode and I was highly amused/entertained the whole time. Rin is 'pretty much' the reason Shirou and Shinji were fighting. Could there be a better thing to fight over?

Shirou actually showed that he has a sack this episode. I respect what he said about magicians being prepared to kill one another and I hope that this leads to more action.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:50   Link #55
ordnance11

Why is it that Rin has the best lines in all the episodes so far?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:55   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

One hell of a episode yet again, and was a lot better with the help of subs. ^^;

Being able to see so many sides of Saber in one episode was something.. Angry, Battle mode, worried.. and then at the end - super duper uber cute mode, thats the Saber i've been waiting to see since episode 01. <3

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-18, 15:59   Link #57
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Why is it that Rin has the best lines in all the episodes so far?
For me the best one was Saber's "Because Shirou said they look good on me" refering to the clothes Rin brought to her.
Old 2006-03-18, 16:02   Link #58
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Shirou phones Saberm "Hey Saber, i'm about to battle Shinji & Rider, come as fast as you can!" Or he can use a command Mantra.. and she'll appear straight away.

I wonder which one's better.
Well. now that that I've seen the episode, I know Shirou had two choices: summon Saber the way he did or land. I thought was pretty clear that I hadn't seen the episode and didn't know if a phone would help in this particular circumstance.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 16:04   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I thought was pretty clear that I hadn't seen the episode and didn't know if a phone would help in this particular circumstance.
When i was talking about that before with you, i had no idea he got thrown out of the window..
Old 2006-03-18, 16:44   Link #60
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
The ending was a bit weird imo. I mean, I'm sure all the Saber fans thought it was a wonderful payoff, but I kind of prefer the cold hearted bitch Saber more. The embarassment after the handshake and the "Because shirou said they look nice on me" comment... wtf? Meh whatever, at least they are going to start working together to pwn face.
yes, i felt the same and im a saber fan. I didn't think it was the appropriate time for Saber to say that, before Saber even said that i thought her clothing was a important item from her past or something. At least we get to see some strong bonding between Saber and Shirou.

Can't wait to see the next episode, more riderxsaber. God i never thought that Shinji was such a pussy, i mean hes cocky but when he sees danger face to face he acts like a pansy and runs while yelling out Rider. This episode deserves a 8, some small discoveries on Shirou's ability, saberxshirou ownage/bonding and a fairly good amount of fighting not to mention seeing shinji be a pansy.