AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-01, 08:29   Link #261
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
Spoiler for spoiler:

it was a hell of a shock to ryuji
and he felt that he has some feeling's for her before as we saw in episode 18 ( i think)

but what will happen when taiga wakes up that what i want to know
Old 2009-03-01, 10:43   Link #262
ToniWing
Unknown Origin~

This episode wins!

I just love how idiots guys are in this anime "What do you mean?", "what are you talking about?", "I don't get it at all!"
Old 2009-03-01, 17:42   Link #263
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Its infuriating that the guys are so thickheaded. based on what I have seen, I'd give it a 75% change for Ryuuji and Taiga to end up together. Minori has shown that she is more willing to let her feelings get buried so Taiga can be with Ryuuji, so its doubtful she will admit it to him. Ami, whilst being very perceptive and open about other people's feelings, is far to frightened to attempt to convince Ryuuji that her feelings are genuine because she fears being rejected. At this point Ryuuji still things that Ami is toying with him. Its not that Ami is a saint who wants to make other people happy, she is just scared of being rejected. If anyone can provide a logical arguement, based on what we have seen in this episode and the ones before it, that Ryuuji will end up with anyone but Taiga, please feel free. And no shipping, constructive arguements only.
Old 2009-03-01, 17:53   Link #264
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
Its infuriating that the guys are so thickheaded. based on what I have seen, I'd give it a 75% change for Ryuuji and Taiga to end up together. Minori has shown that she is more willing to let her feelings get buried so Taiga can be with Ryuuji, so its doubtful she will admit it to him. Ami, whilst being very perceptive and open about other people's feelings, is far to frightened to attempt to convince Ryuuji that her feelings are genuine because she fears being rejected. At this point Ryuuji still things that Ami is toying with him. Its not that Ami is a saint who wants to make other people happy, she is just scared of being rejected. If anyone can provide a logical arguement, based on what we have seen in this episode and the ones before it, that Ryuuji will end up with anyone but Taiga, please feel free. And no shipping, constructive arguements only.
at this point, i feel it's too late for them to really develop any other path for ryuuji (that is if they want to keep the plot plausible and everything 'seem right'). Especially since ryuuji said it himself, "this time i catch you i'm not letting you go... oh n0es i left her all alones again! oh dearrrr"

yep pretty much the end for all of us ami x ryuuji fan, they need to make an ova called amidora or something like that ;P

edit:
HOWEVER, although i was an ardent supporter of ami x ryuuji, JC Staff has done a GREAT job in getting me to "not mind" the ryuuji x taiga (cliche) ending...Though at first i was frigging STRONGLY against it, she started to grow on me, and JC Staff did a great job in executing everything to make me care a bit more about her once she DOES end up with ryuuji
Old 2009-03-01, 17:54   Link #265
Tango337

I don't think you can really argue against it. Ive always thought toradora is just a story of how they fall in love with each other and all the things they go through together to get there.
Old 2009-03-01, 18:07   Link #266
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango337 View Post
I don't think you can really argue against it. Ive always thought toradora is just a story of how they fall in love with each other and all the things they go through together to get there.
yeah it's pretty much been destined when the author made the title "toradora"..if it were minodora or amidora, or even aminoridora, then we'd have a different ending!

aminoridora... amixryuujixminorin hehe
Old 2009-03-01, 18:11   Link #267
typhonsentra

By the way, for those of you who can't wait for the CoalGuys subs this guy appears to be able to put out quick and dirty subs (Sporadic spelling/grammatical errors similar to what AoShen does with Index) within 24 hours of the RAWs being posted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MichaeruJuuNi
Old 2009-03-01, 19:30   Link #268
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I actually watched that one before the Coalguys subs went up. Not too shabby for a rush job.
Old 2009-03-01, 22:37   Link #269
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I am glad to see most everyone is in agreement here.
Old 2009-03-01, 23:17   Link #270
typhonsentra

I'm in the camp that says anything is possible and while I'm expecting them to get together I wouldn't be surprised if she did something totally different. The only ending I wouldn't like is an ambiguous one.
Old 2009-03-02, 00:59   Link #271
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
1. Taiga's snow goggles shattered during the fall, and the broken glass was probably the cause of the cut on her face. The broken goggles can be seen in the frame when Ryuuji knelt down to shake Taiga awake.

2. Taiga mistook Ryuuji for Kitamura because she touched Ryuuji's goggles and thought that they were Kitamura's spectacles. The clinking of the goggles can be heard quite faintly just before Taiga says Kitamura's name. That was a nice fridge revelation for me.
Oooh, nice catch, scene makes more sense now. I watched it again and you're right, there's even a little blood splat next to Taiga's goggles.
Old 2009-03-02, 05:46   Link #272
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Aren't goggles made up of plastic? While I can understand the second statement and actually admire J.C. Staff for making it as subtle as that.
Old 2009-03-02, 06:37   Link #273
puppygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Aren't goggles made up of plastic?
They are, but even polycarbonate shatter if hit strong enough (speaking from experience - I really liked those glasses). Also note that Taiga has at least two wounds - scratches on the cheek (probably from goggles) and apparently one on forehead (though we see only bloodmarks, as it is under her hat).
Old 2009-03-02, 07:36   Link #274
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I watched the episode with headphones for the first time today, and it was only then did I actually realise the effect that the background music had on the show. Every single piece from the one when the 3 stooges were forcing Ryuuji out from under his blanket to the one played during the tension-filled discussion in the girls' room served to amplify the tone and atmosphere of each scene.
Music is very important, which is why I think anime is better than manga (so long as its adapted properly). And this series has done a superb job with the music.
Quote:
2. Taiga mistook Ryuuji for Kitamura because she touched Ryuuji's goggles and thought that they were Kitamura's spectacles. The clinking of the goggles can be heard quite faintly just before Taiga says Kitamura's name. That was a nice fridge revelation for me.
Ah, so that's why she thought it was him. I was wondering how she came to that weird conclusion. [/quote]

Quote:
In addition, most of the major revelations in ToraDora occurred by someone being at the right place at the right time. Minori seeing Taiga crying for Ryuuji during Christmas, the guys overhearing the girl talk, and Ryuuji hearing Taiga's confession by being mistaken for someone else, are some examples that come to mind. This makes Ami the wisest out of the entire cast, since she found out everything on her own.
It is an interesting device to use, a little too convent sometimes if you ask me. Some face to face development is what's really good. I think that's what they'll have happen though for the remaining episodes.

Quote:
Characters who know all that's going on as at now:
Ami, Minori, Kitamura?, Ryuuji?
Kitamura doesn't know what's going on. I think he's become more of an idiot ever since Sumire dumped his ass and left.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniWing View Post
This episode wins!

I just love how idiots guys are in this anime "What do you mean?", "what are you talking about?", "I don't get it at all!"
Yes.. they do provide the needed comedic relief. I love "Taka-chan" - its great.
Old 2009-03-02, 08:09   Link #275
typhonsentra

I'd say Minori's about as wise as Ami.

Spoiler:

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-03-02 at 12:29.
Old 2009-03-02, 12:23   Link #276
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'd say Minori's about as wise as Ami.
Spoiler for Novel:
Agh.. added spoiler tags for you and wish I stopped reading it. But w/o the spoiler I would have to agree.

I think all of the heroines are wise though. Its just Ryuuji whose the moron.
Old 2009-03-02, 12:29   Link #277
typhonsentra

I'll spoiler tag it because you asked but I don't see how it spoils anything.
Old 2009-03-02, 12:37   Link #278
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'll spoiler tag it because you asked but I don't see how it spoils anything.
That spoil the people who haven't read the novel, this is a thread for anime watcher not novel reader (ie if it's not in the anime that has nothing to do in this thread)
Old 2009-03-02, 15:27   Link #279
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Kitamura's still thick-headed regarding Kihara, but his facial expressions in this episode gave me the impression that he finally figured out the relationships between the main characters. His "gears whirring in the head" expression when Ryuuji told the guys that he liked Minori from day one, and his "I think we've just witnessed something we were not supposed to", seemed as though he had gain insights on what's going on.
Old 2009-03-02, 16:45   Link #280
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Agh.. added spoiler tags for you and wish I stopped reading it. But w/o the spoiler I would have to agree.

I think all of the heroines are wise though. Its just Ryuuji whose the moron.
I'm sorry but i didn't read a spoiler at all, what he said is something you witnessed in episode 21.
Closed Thread