AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-08, 17:01   Link #1481
D-Scythe911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
So do we think Touma will be a bit more pragmatic in fights coming out of NT9? Your thoughts...
No doubt, Touma is going to have to be if he gonna survive the boss rush. Remember most of the people coming after him and Othinus know what he capable off, others most likely have developed techniques to counter-act Imagine Breaker, or even Touma's "precognition".

Then take into the fact that it may not only be magicians and espers coming after him but people who use more conventional methods of combat like what, Queen Elizard mentioned in the preview. It may actually make more sense to send MI6 or some sort of special forces with guns as Touma is not as experienced fighting regularly trained military as he wealth of experience dealing with those with psychic and supernatural powers.

Also remember most of these people going after them have been given a kill order. Now I realize that those closer to Touma or ones who fought side by side with him in the past will be more hesitant to battle, and therefore hold back. But I can't see that happening for every opponent they'll face. Especially the ones in GREMLIN.

It boils down to this... Most of Touma's opponents are not going to hold back, those who do most likely have developed ways to bypass the imagine breaker or his minds eye. And of course Touma's not going to fight to kill. So he is going to need to think of every creative and resourceful way of combat his mind can produce if he is going to survive whats coming.

That is one of the reasons a lot of people are hoping Touma's time in the Omega PHASE battling Othinus helped him in some way to gain the experience he'll need to handle the diverse amount of enemies that are going to rain down upon him.

The world has taken off their kids glove and proceeded to wrap its fists in barbed wire and cotton doused in gasoline. And the only targets in their sights are a certain high school boy trying to save the life of a magical God. At that point you leave "nice and clean" at the door and you get as pragmatic as possible. Just expect him to apologize profusely at the end of all this
D-Scythe911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:07   Link #1482
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Scythe911 View Post
No doubt, Touma is going to have to be if he gonna survive the boss rush. Remember most of the people coming after him and Othinus know what he capable off, others most likely have developed techniques to counter-act Imagine Breaker, or even Touma's "precognition".

Then take into the fact that it may not only be magicians and espers coming after him but people who use more conventional methods of combat like what, Queen Elizard mentioned in the preview. It may actually make more sense to send MI6 or some sort of special forces with guns as Touma is not as experienced fighting regularly trained military as he wealth of experience dealing with those with psychic and supernatural powers.

Also remember most of these people going after them have been given a kill order. Now I realize that those closer to Touma or ones who fought side by side with him in the past will be more hesitant to battle, and therefore hold back. But I can't see that happening for every opponent they'll face. Especially the ones in GREMLIN.

It boils down to this... Most of Touma's opponents are not going to hold back, those who do most likely have developed ways to bypass the imagine breaker or his minds eye. And of course Touma's not going to fight to kill. So he is going to need to think of every creative and resourceful way of combat his mind can produce if he is going to survive whats coming.

That is one of the reasons a lot of people are hoping Touma's time in the Omega PHASE battling Othinus helped him in some way to gain the experience he'll need to handle the diverse amount of enemies that are going to rain down upon him.

The world has taken off their kids glove and proceeded to wrap its fists in barbed wire and cotton doused in gasoline. And the only targets in their sights are a certain high school boy trying to save the life of a magical God. At that point you leave "nice and clean" at the door and you get as pragmatic as possible. Just expect him to apologize profusely at the end of all this
That's a bit what I thought too, but I asked this because I want others to tell their own thoughts. lol I wouldn't have asked the question If I didn't think Touma might be a bit pragmatic. The ones close to him may or may not hold back, He may act as if he was waiting for this for awhile (sort of true). the feelings of betrayal hurt a lot and so they may lash out a bit aggressively.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:11   Link #1483
Miraluka
Banned

Hire a hitman(Sugitani) or a sniper(like Sunahara) or a bomber(Stephanie) to take him down.

But no, better send the Level 5's....

Where are the elite teams like hound dogs when you need them? .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:14   Link #1484
Draco Spirit

Headshot with a sniper, nice and easy
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:21   Link #1485
Miraluka
Banned

Pragmatism? Not here guys .

No Kiritsugu. Wrong series.
Old 2014-05-08, 17:45   Link #1486
Mr_Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Hire a hitman(Sugitani) or a sniper(like Sunahara) or a bomber(Stephanie) to take him down.

Best kill is overkill.
Mr_Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:48   Link #1487
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Magikarp View Post
Best kill is overkill.
There is no overkill. Only "kill" and "kill confirmed, sir".
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 17:56   Link #1488
Miraluka
Banned

But there are Fatality, Brutality and whatnot +_+
Old 2014-05-08, 18:20   Link #1489
Haigon

B-But isn't Touma going to fight Austin Powers? That would be awesome.

"Hey baby, ya're not living your live correctly"
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 18:36   Link #1490
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I hope not. I'd rather him fight Austin Powers than be him. Just for laughs.

Edit: OK. I read that wrong. I meant to say "I hope he doesn't say that line. "
Old 2014-05-08, 18:57   Link #1491
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

Normally the elites will beatdown Touma with no problems, but he has Othinus to take care of that this time Touma's only weakness is guns/tech, and with a Magic God (albeit not a fully functional one) around that's gone. Supernatural stuff can be negated by Imagine Breaker, so the 'OTP' have a all-round defence ready.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 18:59   Link #1492
Haigon

Austin Powers is basically British Touma.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 19:01   Link #1493
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I guess that works.
Old 2014-05-08, 19:01   Link #1494
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Austin Powers is basically British Touma.
That's more like Issei than Touma.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-08, 19:27   Link #1495
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Normally the elites will beatdown Touma with no problems, but he has Othinus to take care of that this time Touma's only weakness is guns/tech, and with a Magic God (albeit not a fully functional one) around that's gone. Supernatural stuff can be negated by Imagine Breaker, so the 'OTP' have a all-round defence ready.
Othinus's body is being eroded by FS, I'm not sure keep using her magic is gonna help more than harming herself.
Old 2014-05-08, 19:47   Link #1496
LG-MAX

Quote:

Elizard is not planning to send James Bond and his friends against Touma?

the true intention of sending the 5 levels is to protect Touma, at least it is more logical.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 19:49   Link #1497
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
Elizard is not planning to send James Bond and his friends against Touma?

the true intention of sending the 5 levels is to protect Touma, at least it is more logical.
Even if it isn't mentioned anywhere, I'm sure that's the explanation most of us will roll with.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 19:53   Link #1498
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Even if it isn't mentioned anywhere, I'm sure that's the explanation most of us will roll with.
That may seem likely, but For me I'd rather they gang up on him instead.
Besides, Touma is defending Othinus, why would THEY all of sudden defend her.

And don't go with the "OH Touma's with her, oh well lets just ignore our feelings and do anything for Touma"

Anyways I'd just like to point out; Think for yourselves not have others do the thinking for you.
Slightly contradictory but w/e.

Old 2014-05-08, 20:04   Link #1499
LG-MAX

with the exception of Mugino, Touma is much respect between them, Accelerator and Mikoto already idolize him, thinking that this order was sent with the purpose of actually killing Touma is be very innocent, my god, if the person who gave this order had that in mind, he will win the trophy for most stupid character in the series that currently belongs to Mugino and her inability to kill a level 0 in three attempts.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 20:07   Link #1500
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
with the exception of Mugino, Touma is much respect between them, Accelerator and Mikoto already idolize him, thinking that this order was sent with the purpose of actually killing Touma is be very innocent, my god, if the person who gave this order had that in mind, he will win the trophy for most stupid character in the series that currently belongs to Mugino and her inability to kill a level 0 in three attempts.
So, here's your sign?

Tags
boss rush, denmark