Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 41 spoier..:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Spoiler for chapter 41:
Ah this chapter looks like it's going to be very interesting. More Lygatto and Shigwen development is always welcome . I never thought that the King would betray Lygatto, he's just too nice. Even Zes wouldn't do something like that, given he knew the whole truth. But I don't think the King realized Shigwen's feelings for Lygatto until now, otherwise he wouldn't have married her, thus putting her in a position she didn't want to be in. Of course, there's also the chance that shigwen herself requested the marriage, as a convience, and also the fact that she thought she was never going to see Lygatto again.

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-06-09 at 22:31.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 10:22   Link #183
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Ah this chapter looks like it's going to be very interesting. More Lygatto and Shigwen development is always welcome . I never thought that the King would betray Lygatto, he's just too nice. Even Zes wouldn't do something like that, given he knew the whole truth. But I don't think the King realized Shigwen's feelings for Lygatto until now, otherwise he wouldn't have married her, thus putting her in a position she didn't want to be in. Of course, there's also the chance that shigwen herself requested the marriage, as a convience, and also the fact that she thought she was never going to see Lygatto again.
In actuallity, was it not she the one who was willing to become a farmer's wife until Lygatto talked her out of it (though I think the idiot missed her confession ). Anyway, I agree that it looks like an interesting chapter.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 15:30   Link #184
shaselai

the owl just totally trumps everything though.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 22:30   Link #185
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Just asking something....
Spoiler for Chapter 41:
Old 2010-05-14, 09:43   Link #186
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Just asking something....
Spoiler for Chapter 41:
Spoiler for chapter 41:
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 15:36   Link #187
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 41:
Old 2010-05-14, 17:36   Link #188
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
In actuallity, was it not she the one who was willing to become a farmer's wife until Lygatto talked her out of it (though I think the idiot missed her confession ). Anyway, I agree that it looks like an interesting chapter.
She did want to become a farmers wife by Lygatto left anyways and I remember her saying she thought she was never going to see him again. Lol, you can't blame Lygatto. I mean, all he did was ask her to speak up so he could actually hear her confession

Old 2010-05-15, 18:02   Link #189
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Scans of 29 are out. It was an awesome fight between Borcuse and lygatto. If I hadn't read all the raws, I wouldve never expected him to be able to hold his own against borcuse. And borcuse really is an evil general with no morals, but also extremely smart. That's a very dangerous combination. The way he quickly deduce the reason lygatto came to the village and the automatic decision to use this against him was smart. Although it's ironic that in the future, people are trying to obtain old and outdated technology .

Old 2010-05-15, 20:52   Link #190
ZeKeR
Superbad

borcuse uses psychological warfare and tactics to defeat his foes.... thats what makes him so effective and a deadly general at the same time.... tho his actions are considered to be crime in all jurisdiction......
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 02:02   Link #191
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Although it's ironic that in the future, people are trying to obtain old and outdated technology .
Outdated no. More like they nosedived to a dark age then got a resemblance of the earlier technological age due to quartz and sorcerers.

Notice they do not have computers.

Dirfringe does not recognize sorcerers as pilots but it does Rygartt, a unsorcerer. Sigyn thought Dirfringe does not recognize them as descendants of the ancestors. Which brings the question what was the events that led to the dark age and why Dirfringe's systems does not recognize the present humans.

Golems are likely immitatons of the ancient war machines like Dirfringe in by tounge or remaining hisatorical records. But as shown by Dirfringe the ancestors had superior material science compared to the present time. Also it is radically different from in power plant as it does not use quartz. As mentioned it has a computer system interface. Where as pilot sorcerers rely on their skills.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 09:18   Link #192
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

You are right, it isn't outdated. Guess I shouldve worded that better. Regardless, it's still ironic . Well my guess for the reason that dirfinge only recognizes lygatto is because he's an unsorcerer. The more indepth explanation is that due to the dark age, humans were under the pressure of natural selection and mutations in genes occurred where they could manipulate quartz. Well these people were able to survive better and reproduce and passed on the genes and voil?, we have the human civilzation shown in the manga. Dirfinge could be able to determine a persons genome and therefore sorcerers can't drive it. And while it does have a computer interface, it's armor is weaker and also it runs out of power pretty quickly, so I wouldn't say it has an advantage over other golems. Anyone smart would stall the battle until lygatto ran out of power and then go in for the kill.

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-06-09 at 22:32.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:30   Link #193
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Erm,judge from my theories
I think this is what happen...
Human arrive on the planet
Mutation started happening
War happen,somehow the pure human fail,or they just gone extinct
Then what happen now in the manga

The only thing that lack here is that how human atcually forgot what happen back then....

And people in this series don't seem to be religious...not even having a god to believe in
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 09:40   Link #194
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Erm,judge from my theories
I think this is what happen...
Human arrive on the planet
Mutation started happening
War happen,somehow the pure human fail,or they just gone extinct
Then what happen now in the manga

The only thing that lack here is that how human atcually forgot what happen back then....

And people in this series don't seem to be religious...not even having a god to believe in
We don't know why, but we can make guesses about why they forgot what happened. Occam's razor suggests that the people were either too lazy or didn't see the relevance in recording their history and thus, after generations had passed, everyone forgot what had happened.
Old 2010-05-16, 10:33   Link #195
Arturro

Second chapter - page 13, we see some English sentences on screen:
???? duty
Code 0131
registration number of passenger_02
Death confirmation
No response from all control towers
Erase identification code
Initialization

Page 20
Passenger registration
no.03
Hold/Entry

Chapter 3, page 10 (pointing at king and his guards)
Unspecified living thing n-0001
Heat source 037

etc.

What it told us?
Rygart is a third pilot (passenger) of this golem. Most probably even other un-sorcerers wont be able to operate Dirfringe, because Rygart was already recognized as pilot. There was once control towers, we don't know what happened to them, and how many of them existed, but it suggest that Dirfinge could be controlled from control tower. I doubt anyone would create a grid of control towers just for one golem - so there could be other golems somewhere.

Dirfinge operating system don't recognize current era humans. Not only don't recognize them as humans, but don't recognize them at all. It suggest that people like sorcerers didn't live when Dirfinge was build. Was it an effect of mutation or crossbreeding with aliens - we don't know.

We also know that Difringe builders were using modern English and Japanese. Krishna people still use Arabic numerals, but their language changed a lot, and hardly are able to recognize English letters.

We don't know what is used as Difringe fuel source, but knowing that it was used by somewhat more advanced version of ours technology, that he is still operational as well as necessity for cooling suggest Difringe is powered by some sort of nuclear power. It's strange that Difringe has outer layer of armour weaker than quartz golems, while internal structure of this mecha is quite resilent. Difringe doesn't have a gun - either lost it, or doesn't have it at all. IMHO that part about weak armour and lack of gun was made as a way to show Difringe weakness. Each superhero or supermecha needs it's Kryptonite . But there is possibility that Difringe doesn't have strong armour at all, because it was not needed at all - so Difringe was build as a war machine to fight with something big and agile, something which could be fight on only on close combat. So not other golems, tanks, etc. - something alien.

It looks like main continent is mainly arid, and lack of fossil fuels - it's a reason why people have to use quartz. We don't know what caused technology decline, but it has to be something planet wide, and most probably - space wide. It was an era of space travel, but no one saved people on this planet. IMHO two most probable reasons are fight with aliens and lack of energy sources. Probably both at the same time.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 20:24   Link #196
ZeKeR
Superbad

there might be two things that cores Dirfringe here.... nuclear and plasma..... if the nuclear theory is correct..... then the golem would not just automatically shut down... though i can say its most effective for a power source as the supply is always greater than the drain.... a plasma core is plausible since hypothetically it overheats and most systems i see in it would shut the core off in order to stop it from becoming a 'nova bomb'..... (sci fi mode on... lol)

another thing is Dirfringe's OS..... it seems like the ancients (lets call them that, shall we?) use for the control towers IMO is to gather info from the golems in the field to the central networks that i think houses more of the same golem types like dirfringe and the central base of operations for them... but the thing is like this:

why were the ancients wiped out? no genetics (save rygart and his bro) were present now?and isnt rygart's brother and himself born from a father who was a sorcerer? or not?
Old 2010-05-16, 22:03   Link #197
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Difringe is like a berserker
While the golem is like...normal human

While we probably know what energy core Difringe have now

Just how did it get stuck in the crystal in the first place?

And to Zeker
It probably that the planet itself mutated the humankind and therefore the offspring turn into people with magic,but there is always a little bit of human gen in it
Maybe their mother is unsorcerer...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 23:08   Link #198
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Difringe is like a berserker
While the golem is like...normal human

While we probably know what energy core Difringe have now

Just how did it get stuck in the crystal in the first place?

And to Zeker
It probably that the planet itself mutated the humankind and therefore the offspring turn into people with magic,but there is always a little bit of human gen in it
Maybe their mother is unsorcerer...
dirfringe didnt recognize them...... from the time it activates, it read the king and the others as unknown lifeform.... thus stating that it has an onboard bio-reader... while most golems of the two nations are mechanical and have no sensors, rygart's dirfringe is probably one of the most tech gen capable of the moment....

as to it being crystallized, maybe its to protect it from something.... and we need to know that something soon
Old 2010-05-16, 23:25   Link #199
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
dirfringe didnt recognize them...... from the time it activates, it read the king and the others as unknown lifeform.... thus stating that it has an onboard bio-reader... while most golems of the two nations are mechanical and have no sensors, rygart's dirfringe is probably one of the most tech gen capable of the moment....

as to it being crystallized, maybe its to protect it from something.... and we need to know that something soon
I have a feeling that when the Difringe was created, it was done in two parts. The first being the golem body and the second probably being the armor/weapons that would come with it. I think it's lighter armor that the Difringe had on it was probably to see what shape to make it's battle armor. It's probable that what ever event caused it to be crystalized happen before it's battle armor could be fitted.
Old 2010-05-16, 23:34   Link #200
ZeKeR
Superbad

and Difringe probably used a real weapon.... and i mean not those damn sorcerer guns.... a cannon.... or bazooka..... probably explains why theres a targeter (note the OMFG zoom) in the OS.... if the towers were still active, then its targeting software SHOULD go with it.....

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen