AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 19:23   Link #61
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Cia is jealous of Zelda being near Link... The Zelda and Link shipper inside of me is making me want to know more about the story. Honesty I wasn't impressed by this game until the news about Cia being jealous about Zelda is out and the recent screenshots and other new characters we can play.
Old 2014-06-14, 20:57   Link #62
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
inb4 Gannondorf hijacks the plot again.
Wasn't that already spoiled? It was said Cia got turned due to jealousy and influence from some other source and the one PV video even ends with Ganondorf.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 21:08   Link #63
Shadow5YA

Given that Midna and the moon from Majora's Mask are already in the game and Aonuma stated this is outside of the "official" timeline(s) and therefore the game can deliver as much Zelda fanservice as possible without caring about any continuity, there is no way Ganondorf won't appear as the major villain
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 23:08   Link #64
Aogami

Too make things better, we may believe that Ganondorf is the main villain just to see him knocked the hell out by Demise.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 09:37   Link #65
GDB

I'd rather Ganondorf not be the final villain. Why? Because then he can be an unlockable character who's almost an anti-hero.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 10:15   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd rather Ganondorf not be the final villain. Why? Because then he can be an unlockable character who's almost an anti-hero.
What if he's a good guy but gets turned evil by the evil baddy in this one? :V
Old 2014-06-15, 10:19   Link #67
GDB

Ganondorf is evil. Don't try to make him a victim of corruption. I just want him to do an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of thing to be playable. Like, no one wants his help, but they need it, so they fight alongside him because he wants to be the one to conquer Hyrule, not this stronger enemy. That sort of thing.

Also, let him have his Smash Bros moveset. I want to be Falcon Punching and Falcon Kicking that dragon from the trailer.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 11:48   Link #68
Aogami

I'd prefer an original move set for Ganondorf thank you, I'm quite sick of him being a Captain Falcon clone in Smash Bros as well.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 11:56   Link #69
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why does there need to be a plot related reason to make Ganondorf playable?

Just make him unlockable after you beat the game. There are fodder soldier units just like there are foddier monsters, right? Let him stay on the bad side.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 19:32   Link #70
Iron Maw
Banned

This game sure is purrrty.

After seeing the Fire Rod in action, I'm tempted to just equip that on Link forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wasn't that already spoiled? It was said Cia got turned due to jealousy and influence from some other source and the one PV video even ends with Ganondorf.
You're referring to the E3 trailer right? I hadn't even seen that until yesterday and having done so i agree. Which kinda of shame. Afteralll this isn't a traditional Zelda game so I was hoping for something a little more original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
I'd prefer an original move set for Ganondorf thank you, I'm quite sick of him being a Captain Falcon clone in Smash Bros as well.
I can definitely see Ganondorf using knuckles or claws type weapons as a nodded to Smash at least.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 04:26   Link #71
Iron Maw
Banned

huge media update

1. Character Trailers (a new one will be coming out every couple of days)

Link (Sword)
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Link (Fire Rod)
YouTube

Impa (Biggoron Sword)
YouTube

Zelda (Rapier)
YouTube

2. New Characters (Lana, Agitha, Midna, Zant and Argorok)

2.1 Screenshots (includes DLC costumes)

3. Plot and Character Bios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana
Lana is sorceress with a deep knowledge of spells, monsters, and using spells on monsters. She's very energetic and ready to give the war for Hyrule everything she's got. Lana and Cia have an unspoken hostility, even beyond the normal anger that war brings out. Lana is fiercely determined to put a halt to Cia's plans, even at the cost of her own life or happiness. Don't underestimate Lana just because she's usually so optimistic! Her natural athletic energy serves her well and allows her to quickly dive around her enemies and attack with her book of sorcery, which utilizes electrifying spells that her enemies never see coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agitha
Agitha is the self-proclaimed princess of the insect kingdom, late of the Era of Twilight. Agitha keeps a bright smile on at all times and looks at the world through a sweeter lens than her allies. But just because she's so cheery doesn't excuse her from battle!

Agitha’s parasol is her standard weapon, though her real strength resides in the bugs she summons forth in times of need, such as a giant beetle or a magnificent butterfly. Never underestimate the power of an insect princess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argorok
Last seen as the boss of the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess, Argorok is a powerful Twilit Dragon enhanced by a Mirror Shard from the Mirror of Twilight. His entire body is covered with hard armor, giving him extremely high defense. Surprisingly, he has a far higher bit of intelligence compared to the usual dragons that fly around Hyrule, shown mainly with his tactic of attacking from a vantage point high above the battlefield where normal soldiers can't reach him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant
Zant is the usurper king of the Twilight Realm. Once Cia used the Gate of Souls to open a portal to his era, Zant was free to continue his shadowy misdeeds in Hyrule and beyond.

He may look rather calm at a first glance, but his true nature is very frantic. He will go into fits of hysteria once he’s driven into a corner or doesn’t get his way. Dual-wielding scimitars is Zant’s style, allowing him to swing wildly about or dash with intent toward his enemies. He also possesses a great deal of magical attacks, so approach him with extreme caution.
4. DLC stuff

For the costumes, there's a Courage Set, Wisdom Set, and Power Set with three costumes each, so presumably there are more versions of Link/Zelda/Ganon(???) to come.

Lastly a interview:
http://mmgn.com/wiiu/articles--hyrul...ma-koinuma-and

With one very interesting piece of info in particular:
Quote:
Mr. Hayashi: In Hyrule Warriors Princess Zelda is actually Queen Zelda. She has an army, as a Queen would, and Link is a trainee, but as the story unfolds the relationship between the two greatly changes.
Translations and such are from NeoGAF.

This is sounding more like Twilight Princess Warriors doesn't it?
Old 2014-06-27, 13:10   Link #72
Frontier

It's more pronounced in the Fire Rod trailer, but I think Yuuki Kaji is the one providing Link's voice for this game...
Old 2014-06-27, 13:39   Link #73
shadow1296

impa seems like she can control water, i honestly can say i wasn't expecting that i was kinda expecting lana to be the water one but maybe thats me thinking she was going tobe the human form of Nayru and agitha is going to be in this funny idint think she left that much an impression on people
Old 2014-06-28, 06:05   Link #74
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's more pronounced in the Fire Rod trailer, but I think Yuuki Kaji is the one providing Link's voice for this game...
Well.. Link does sound much more angrily in this game than usual, so maybe you are on to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
impa seems like she can control water, i honestly can say i wasn't expecting that i was kinda expecting lana to be the water one but maybe thats me thinking she was going tobe the human form of Nayru and agitha is going to be in this funny idint think she left that much an impression on people
I what I really like here is that Omega Force/Team Ninja has not only managed to preserve Impa's ninja-like traits (kunais, clones, fancy footwork etc) despite the two-hander, but made them more inventive using a water theme. The result is something really slick and nice looking on their part.
Old 2014-07-01, 13:08   Link #75
Iron Maw
Banned

Lana

Dat Cube
YouTube
Old 2014-07-01, 14:07   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah saw that trailer this morning, and man she looks like a whole lotta fun to play.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 14:13   Link #77
shadow1296

yea she looks really fun to play, even though i'm still waiting for the Din, Farore, and Nayru characters, its definitely nice to see how she plays
Old 2014-07-01, 14:43   Link #78
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

My theory on Lana:

Because has all the same physical queues as Cia, and according to her bios, she has some connection to Cia but doesn't say what it is. I'm certain she's the physical manifestation of Cia's goodness that got expelled from Cia when she turned evil.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:33   Link #79
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

While I don't think it'll happen, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if Link ends up being the only playable male character in this game.

They weren't kidding when they said there's some very odd character selections though. I never would've imagined they'd pick the bug girl from Twilight Princess.
Old 2014-07-06, 17:05   Link #80
Zakoo

You want the homo dude from Skyward sword?

This one should be fun to play though.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote