Notices

Old 2014-07-09, 19:15   Link #101
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
.... you are thinking too much bro
Not at all. I don't know anything about the manga, so I just wanted to know whether it was intentional or not. If it was intentional from the beginning, then I can infer that his skill level is higher than what he displayed, only letting her hit him in that right spot as a deception. It's not something I stared at all day contemplating about; it happened rather instantly; not much thinking was done.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 23:02   Link #102
takai
Easy Muffin

A very solid first showing. Coming into this, I knew this got intense, but I definitely didn't expect this much.

The OST was fantastic. I loved the Skyrim-esque feel of it.

The only short coming I saw from this was the ending, it just felt rushed. He just learned his friends were murdered, and I feel like it wasn't given the proper amount of focus afterwards. I feel like he should've been much more emotional, but instead it just went to a more comical tone when they decided he was going to join their group. Hopefully it's given the proper attention it deserves at the beginning of next episode.

Looking forward to more.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 23:39   Link #103
B214

Well Tatsumi did say that he needs to build a grave for them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:52   Link #104
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

OK, this was the first thing from this season I have a watched, and overall, I had a positive opinion of the first episode and the first few manga chapters I read, but I must say there is one thing I don't quite get. At first, everything appears to be your generic fantasy setting, then one of the mansion guards pulls out an assault rifle. Mind you, it doesn't help him, but it still feels out of place. Mind you, the simple use of swords and spears in a world where automatic weapons exist could have something to do with the fact that human physiology in this world is clearly different as to dodge those bullets, Akame must be able to move at supersonic speeds, something far beyond IRL human physiology.

That doesn't, however, explain why they have automatic weapons, but no other signs of an industrialized society such as electric lights or motor vehicles. And I'm guessing the manga doesn't explain this either.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 02:04   Link #105
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

now I understand why this show got a decent amount of hype

I'm glad it's more shounen than psychological which showed in the protagonist's personality
I like all the character
and the way they handle Sayo and Ieyasu death is heart-breaking enough

I didn't feel it rushed at all but I really hope Tatsumi would become smarter
awesome show so far... omega good job!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 12:45   Link #106
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
That doesn't, however, explain why they have automatic weapons, but no other signs of an industrialized society such as electric lights or motor vehicles. And I'm guessing the manga doesn't explain this either.
From what I see in first episode, there is almost no electrical light or equivalent so I assumed that electricity is yet to be invented or still in the very early stage (with no semiconductor and transistor)
I'm no expert in guns but I believe that the guard's gun is still considered as analog (with no electrical circuit) gun (maybe with rotating mechanism or some sort)

and there are more to akame-verse's weapons than meet the eye (see around ~14:00) which will be explained in the future episode

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2014-07-11 at 14:08.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 16:08   Link #107
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
This is more of the author's personal style; Takihiro doesn't really bother with the idea of a logically consistent setting and would rather just stuff whatever he finds fun into his stories. That's why we had Dragonball-esque fighters in Majikoi, and that why we see all sorts of anachronistic elements in Akame. It's all fantasy to him anyway.

It's not really suppose to make sense, so we just go with his flow.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 18:29   Link #108
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Fantastic episode 1. That was prty good. I don't really like dark shows, but I'll give this one a really good try since it is a Shonen.

The premise was pretty fantastic, and I was impressed by the plot. The music was also really nice.

The animation was nice and distinct in its style. I've seen better this season, but it was excellent nonetheless.

I love the MC and the other apparent MC's... I'm also intrigued because I originally thought that monsters disguised as people were the ones doing the terrible crimes, but it was actually people that were doing these things instead of the monsters. That's surprisingly different for a shonen, especially since the series opened with the MC destroying that monster.

This definitely feels refreshingly different from everything else I have seen in a while, so I am pretty excited for this one. I had heard good things about Akame ga Kill before even as a manga rather than just as an anime... now I see why.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 19:09   Link #109
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

http://akame.tv/story_02.html

Preview images for episode 2. It seems like chapters 2 and 3 will be animated. Dat Akame undressing tease.
Old 2014-07-13, 11:57   Link #110
Excorsism

Looks like they're skipping material. Which isn't too big of a deal, but it does make me worry a little later.
Old 2014-07-13, 12:12   Link #111
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

looks like they are rushing a bit
. the quick change in scenery is really a bit unisghtly
Old 2014-07-13, 12:13   Link #112
HandofFate

Episode 02 was fun. I haven't read the manga, so no idea about skipped material, but its being successful that I don't notice it.
Because I think the pacing is pretty damn good now, episode seemed smooth to me.
Right now, my character rankings so far:
1) Gun Girl
2) Furry Girl
3) Katana Girl
4) Scissors Girl
5) Claw Girl

I like the contrast of Tatsumi's naive outlook and everyone's seriousness. I liked that they addressed that while they are fighting for what they believe is right, what they're doing is still murder after murder.

The assignment this episode went fine, but I wonder about future assignments if they're just going by word of mouth for corrupt targets. They said they did a background check to confirm, but I can see them making a mistake or falling for a fake assignment and kill a good person or innocent.

Loving Yukari Tamara's Mine. I find it amusing how she's been type-casted into all the psycho or bitchy characters lately.

One thing I found weird was Tatsumi's clothes. What happened to his mercenary looking clothes.
He went to what is suppose to be a swordsguy hick from the country to a guy in clothes that a modern japanese schoolboy would wear, and it looks out of place of the setting.

Old 2014-07-13, 12:35   Link #113
II Maestro

Akame in swimsuit is sexy so Akame, Lol at Akame at stripping Tatsumi's cloths to check if he is injured and that smile at the end is lovely~!

Akame is cute smile~!
Old 2014-07-13, 12:44   Link #114
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Good second episode. Quality didn't drop at all and it's moving along quite nicely. I was worried that this might be a bad adaptation of the manga but it's doing better than i thought.
Old 2014-07-13, 13:04   Link #115
ookamigirl

Getting to know the characters..
There sure are all kinds in that group.
Of course each of them has their own reasons.
The point was to open Tatsumi's eyes about the reality of things.
Akame is such a serious girl..
Considering her past it's not surprising.
Damn, Tatsumi didn't hesitate one bit to complete his task.
Must say I'm pretty impressed.
Akame is a strict one, but it seems she just wanted what's best.
So they're gonna switch his mentors, interesting way of doing things.
It's actually not a bad idea in the long run.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 13:36   Link #116
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

that's definitely looks better compared to the previous episode...

less 'quarity' scenes and pacing is way better as well

definitely restore my faith to white fox...

hope they can keep with this quality for the rest of the series.
Old 2014-07-13, 13:41   Link #117
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

One thing I found weird was Tatsumi's clothes. What happened to his mercenary looking clothes.
He went to what is suppose to be a swordsguy hick from the country to a guy in clothes that a modern japanese schoolboy would wear, and it looks out of place of the setting.

I don't find that weird at all, adventurer clother for outdoor activities, more civil ones for indoor. That looks like common sense to me...
Old 2014-07-13, 13:49   Link #118
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

I didn't find it strange either. He only took off his gauntlets and sword, which he doesn't really need when he's inside the hideout.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 13:52   Link #119
HandofFate

It just looks too modern day schoolboy clothes for me for a setting in a fantasy medieval era of technology.
Old 2014-07-13, 14:08   Link #120
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

If it's anachronistic clothing, Lubbock looks like he's wearing a t-shirt and jeans, Akame with a neck tie and pleated skirt, in fact Mine is the only one wearing clothes that could be considered "medieval".
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gore, shounen, violence