AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-16, 11:34   Link #1041
AB079
Banned

^is more like there are 3 important things that needs to be done properly, if Kyoani doesn't do those things right then nobody will understand the reality of what came out of this season. I can tell you those things but in a PM, not here.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 13:11   Link #1042
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

For those of us who haven't read and don't care about the novels, the only "important things" that matter is that the story on the screen be consistent and well-resolved. I find all these comparisons to the source material tedious and distracting. That's why we have a novel thread.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 13:33   Link #1043
AB079
Banned

Novel comparisons are allowed under the respective spoiler and without spoiling upcoming events, some of those post were already deleted because other users spoiled future content, that's what isn't allowed in the anime thread at all.

It will not hurt you reading what mods already said here, also if you don't like the opinion of novel readers then avoid reading those posts so you can stop the being salty about it.
Old 2016-12-16, 14:05   Link #1044
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm well aware of the rules. My point is not about using spoiler tags or anything like that. I just find it tiresome that people who have read the source material seem to think that the anime must follow it in certain ways or it somehow fails. That trend has become much more common on AS over the past few years which makes it harder and harder for people like me that don't care about the source to stay involved. It's one reason why I watch fewer adaptations and prefer original stories like Flip Flappers. This is, after AnimeSuki.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 14:41   Link #1045
sikvod00

What great timing I have with this post.
@ultimatemegax translated a giant interview with the author of the Eupho novels, Ayano Takeda. It's available on the sakugabooru blog site now.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2016-12-16 at 14:57.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 14:45   Link #1046
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I just find it tiresome that people who have read the source material seem to think that the anime must follow it in certain ways or it somehow fails. That trend has become much more common on AS over the past few years which makes it harder and harder for people like me that don't care about the source to stay involved.
And to that I would add, speaking as a writer who's actually done adaptations before, it's disrespectful to the anime writers, directors, producers, etc., who have their own creative freedom and their own set of circumstances to work with. Novelists who dream of the big money they can get from selling their stories to Hollywood are often advised that if they ever do succeed, they should take that money and run, because the finished dramatization might not look anything like the original. That's the business.

Personally, I'm ticked off about the upcoming live-action movie version of HaruChika, which reportedly will abandon two of what I consider the most important story elements (Haru's sexuality and the fact that he and Chika are rivals for the affection of their teacher) in favor of a standard childhood-friends-romance plot. Am I going to go on a discussion board for the movie somewhere and grumble about how it's not as good as the source material? No. I'm going to leave it alone. Some people are going to like that version, and it's not my place to go dump all over them.

If you like the source material, fine. There are places for you to talk about the source material if that's what you want to do. But this thread shouldn't be one of them.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 16:14   Link #1047
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, yes film adaptations often do an awesome job of butchering stuff. As for Haruchika, that's sad and unfortunate that they have to dumb it down like that but not surprising.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 16:48   Link #1048
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
That would be lame climatic.

They should use at least 7 minutes for the last concert like what they did at s1 finale.
Definitely. Any less than the Regionals performance would be very anti-climactic for what is a series finale. I have my fingers crossed for both songs in full (I really love Provence No Kaze), but I'll be content with just one.

What has me hopeful for this is that because the performance isn't the final episode, they could run the music right to the end of it without sacrificing the epilogue/closure a series finale needs.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 22:36   Link #1049
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I largely agree with SeijiSensei here. I've been on the side of people who have seen their beloved worked being represented being very differently by an adatation, but even then it's just disrespectful to go out of your way to continuously ruin the experience for anime only watchers who are enjoying it all the same.

In this case I have not seen the original work Hibike is based from, however I have largely enjoyed the anime series for what it is. I care nothing about the shipping, teasing, baiting or whatever people complain about these days, however I'm enjoying a series that largely focuses on character relationships and development, and that has super-b direction and production.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 23:37   Link #1050
Peanutbutter

Can I take Yuuko home? She's like the Most Improved supporting character.

On the other hand, Sapphire and Hazuki have really been shafted to the back this season, even though they are part of the "main 4".
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 01:25   Link #1051
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Didn't you guys know? Not demanding a show stay true to its roots makes you a plebian that must be purged!

Precisely the reason why I don't post in this thread so much anymore.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 02:39   Link #1052
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizrock94 View Post
So.......does that mean Shuu can swoop in and take the meat now?
Ah Shuuichi "Pucker up your anus I'm gonna have some screentime" Tsukamoto A.K.A corndog guy, the trombonist, Kumiko's childhood friend, Kumiko's neighbor, guy who used to ride the same train with Kumiko but not anymore, public yuri enemy #1. Ah Yes THAT GUY

Kyoani still needs to address his seemingly deteriorating relationship with Kumiko. Maybe an explanation as to why Kumiko suddenly gave him the cold shoulder during the start of the season perhaps there was a missing scene after they bump fists where he pissed her off again. SOME explanation would be nice, Kyoani. I doubt there will be a romantic conclusion as his development has been pretty stagnant this season, not to mention Kyoani has to keep the yuri baiting ship a float
Old 2016-12-17, 06:53   Link #1053
Sixth
Hu Tao

Well, I am content with the anime original ending.

If I want to be a purist, I would have stopped myself from watching super heroes movies long ago because they were so unfaithful to the original sources.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 11:09   Link #1054
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I think if the adaptation does distort the meaning of the story and characters that one appreciates in the original, there's a lot of reason to voice your disapproval. Even, constantly. The Rewrite anime, for example, is just such a jumbled distortion that it can't be considered anything but trash regardless of its merits though it also fails to stand on its own. It's fine if the evidence keeps mounting against it.

But then again, certainly the adaptation sends its own message, and knowingly going against the intended flow of the anime, especially when certain points are made clear while constantly expecting something else, well Einstein did have a similar definition of insanity. I think season 2 has definitely placed certain elements to downplay early on, and nothing has really gone against that sentiment. There are those that seem insecure in their own ability to think and try to use established source facts as a blunt objects to gain leverage. It's just no surprise that there's insecurity when the crutch is gone and in the grand scheme of things, whether or not you are the chosen expert on a particular cartoon is something that is really insignificant and that sucks after all. People want to feel important, after all, that's why we have so many people offering unsolicited "corrections" to the way your blatantly incorrect opinions. When things go astray, that ruins it. So do be considerate of those feelings.

I mean think about it. The world is a lonely place, and sometimes people feel like they have to say something to be relevant. Not everyone can be like me-- I can post a few images, post a few silly comments, and get people to read it. So I understand the pain of people who post walls of text of their feelings and knowledge, but other people just don't give a damn. Though they should probably realize the first reason of anime typically is entertainment. You can't just write about yourself if you want people to care-- know your audience and give them a reason to give a damn in the first place. Or you can just keep doing it and wonder why people aren't giving you flowers and rainbows.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2016-12-17 at 11:24.
Old 2016-12-17, 12:43   Link #1055
AB079
Banned

Seems like S1 was the big seller for Hibike. The lack of bait and being closer to the souce is not good for the fans (?).

Spoiler for actual data:

Spoiler for Complete list:
Old 2016-12-17, 12:58   Link #1056
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Although I don't join in on the mini debates, I do find people's opinions on Kumiko and some other characters entertaining which is why I enjoy this thread. However, accidentally reading unspoiler tagged novel spoilers have caused me to know advanced info on Taki's wife... uwah, please place things like those in spoiler tags novel readers.. it's the reason I have learned to evolve my reading ability just for this Animesuki thread alone.. and that is to stop reading whenever someone's post is starting to turn into something like.. "in the novels it happened like this".

Anyway, as long as the spoiler about the novels are inside spoiler tags. They don't bother me at all. Carry on. :3

Oh, and on another thing. I'm a bit surprised this anime is not more popular in the cosplay community in my area. This whole year, I have seen only one Sound Euphonium cosplayer, she did a Kumiko, and unfortunately in my rush to take shots of the rare find, almost all pics came out blurred. >< In comparison.. Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso (another music based anime) cosplayers, I've seen them in almost every anime convention that I've went to this year - they even borrow / rent violins to make their cosplay look better. xD

Looking forward to the final episode of Hibike season 2. Reina is lucky to have someone like Kumiko who will listen to her problems.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 16:12   Link #1057
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Wow, that was a beautifully done episode especially with the composition this time. We really get to see Reina's feeling towards Taki sensei and how she would go to catch up to him. It was a very strong episode indeed.

So there is only one episode left or two?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 19:14   Link #1058
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
In comparison.. Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso (another music based anime) cosplayers, I've seen them in almost every anime convention that I've went to this year - they even borrow / rent violins to make their cosplay look better. xD
That's because the anime became doubly accessible for many: first during its original broadcast run, and second when it was released dubbed on HERO TV. In comparison, not even Animax, which had most KyoAni productions like Kyoukai no Kanata and Chuunibyou, aired Hibike Euphonium. (In fact, they also did not air Free! and HERO TV aired two seasons of it.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 20:10   Link #1059
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Wow, that was a beautifully done episode especially with the composition this time. We really get to see Reina's feeling towards Taki sensei and how she would go to catch up to him. It was a very strong episode indeed.

So there is only one episode left or two?
Two. Finale concert, then epilogue.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 20:28   Link #1060
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Damn it, they stole my joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exQ-qy75jeg

It's funny, because I was thinking that Reina was angry that she didn't get any screentime in episode 10 too.

MyAnimeList || Reviews