AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-09, 15:09   Link #21
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This picked up right where season 1 left off. I thought it was awfully fishy that a girl would want to go out with Mob after his "speech", so I wasn't surprised by the reveal. He still managed to win her over with his kindness, but I doubt she actually likes likes him. And it looks like Tsubomi is actually paying attention to Mob (she didn't look jealous though, so I guess she's just looking out for him as a friend), interesting. I thought she had become completely disinterested in him.
Well, TBH I doubt he likes her romantically either as of yet. But even more friends is good for Mob. Considering his female friend circle so far only included two girls that wanted to use him, and his powers for stuff.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 11:15   Link #22
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Anyone wanna share the new Reigen meme? It's everywhere on Twitter
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 18:30   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

God damn, I love this show. I knew it was coming but I was cheering when Mob restored the girls novel draft at the end. A great way to start the second season by giving Mob some nice character development.

Was surprised to see Mob's childhood friend in the background had been keeping an eye on him the entire time though. I thought she was always going to be the perpetual "dream girl" running gag but it turns out there's more to her.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 11:11   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I feel like the moral of this story is, it's not your power that matters, it's what you use it for.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 14:01   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode turned out to be more fun than it first seemed. They met another genuine psychic, albeit not a very powerful one. The fight against the monster was incredibly well animated. The highlight was the ending with Dashing Granny though. Poor Mob
Old 2019-01-14, 18:16   Link #26
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Fun episode. I guess the series is trying do develop Mob more as an individual considering how Reigen treats him when it comes to being scared and not doing what you don't want to.
Old 2019-01-14, 18:23   Link #27
Wandering Soul

So apparently: Dashing Granny>Mob .
Old 2019-01-16, 05:05   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Poor Mob, he shouldn't be too hard on himself. Certain conditions that are seemingly mental only (they're not, they tend to be quite physical) result in having less physical ability, meaning they have to work harder than other people to get good. It's not his fault.
Old 2019-01-21, 14:27   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mob's development continues. He's becoming more and more afraid of his powers. We're once again reminded why he doesn't allow himself to feel emotions. It's about more than the incident with Ritsu.
Old 2019-01-21, 19:18   Link #30
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So aside from being afraid of what he might do to others, he is now becoming afraid of what he might become?
Old 2019-01-21, 19:47   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So aside from being afraid of what he might do to others, he is now becoming afraid of what he might become?
I think the events of this episode have made him realized more than ever that the line between spirits and humans is blurred for him. First case had a guy who wanted to curse someone, making him little better than an evil spirit. Second case, he was surprised that the woman's attitude changed when she discovered the person stalking her wasn't a spirit but just some dude with powers. Third case, he didn't want to exorcise that family because they were innocent, and for a moment he probably thought the clients were the real assholes.

He's scared he'll start wanting to make evil humans disappear as well, like he does with evil spirits.
Old 2019-01-22, 15:14   Link #32
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the latest episode. Man, now it has become more deep and powers are at around 60% already.
Old 2019-01-28, 13:57   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was quite something. Amazing atmosphere. I liked that Reigen was the only one who could tell the girl was possessed because he didn't rely on psychic power. The action was great, and Mogami is probably the toughest opponent Mob has faced so far. He is/was exactly what Mob fears to become. And as luck would have it, Mogami seems to have taken a fancy to him and wants to corrupt him.
Old 2019-01-28, 16:28   Link #34
sikvod00

As the saying goes: "It takes one to know one". Regen is a con artist, so it was easy for him to get a read on the girl's (aka. evil spirit) behavior and motives without possessing any powers. My questions now is if she really is an innocent bystander who was randomly possessed or is their a larger meaning to her being "chosen.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 19:11   Link #35
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Obviously Reigen was able to tell. These psychics were probably looking for spiritual signatures and stuff. Reigen was actually analyzing her behavior. I feel sorry for the dad though.
Old 2019-01-30, 18:06   Link #36
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It never ceases to amaze me what more challenges the author can cook up for Mob. The last episode saw the line between spirit and human blur for Mob and now we've got a situation where Mob may have to find emotions other than stress/anger-based ones to power him.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 19:38   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It never ceases to amaze me what more challenges the author can cook up for Mob. The last episode saw the line between spirit and human blur for Mob and now we've got a situation where Mob may have to find emotions other than stress/anger-based ones to power him.
And going by the preview, Mogami is going to put him into a situation where he'll have a hard time finding positive emotions. Whatever happens next ep will be key to Mob's development.

I'm also interested in Mogami's background and what his motives are. What has he even been doing these past decades? With his powers he should be able to accomplish big things.

I'm wondering about the ex-claw member too. He was the spirit expert of the group so maybe he'll be able to help. He wasn't very strong but he might know techniques Mob could pick up. That's kind of being a thing in this season, Mob learned manipulation when he fought against the tree and he learned astral projection from that stalker dude. In season 1 he always relied on sheer power alone.
Old 2019-02-01, 16:41   Link #38
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Reigen is MVP but I doubt Mob will be defeated in the next episode considering the way the show handles his powers.
Old 2019-02-02, 03:10   Link #39
eisai_haramasukoi

When Mob reached 100% soon, it's gonna be interesting.

I'm really liking Mob's development here. He's slowly exploring the extent of his powers, and the dangers surrounding it. Basically a crash course to being a responsible power user.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 12:56   Link #40
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Damn, this was an awesome episode. This time Mob actually needed help to fight but he also realized something important that he ignored last week. The animation was awesome.