AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-09, 16:13   Link #301
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the worst episode of the show so far. Ritsu is by far the most annoying character introduced so far. He rivals even Zenitsu from Kimetsu no Yaiba. In fact, he's worse. At least with Zenitsu I don't have to listen to a guy trying to sound like a girl and failing spectacularly at it. Not to mention this completely ruined the "twist".
Old 2019-08-09, 17:41   Link #302
Wandering Soul

That was awful. I know some people thought Kagura was an annoying character, but Ritsu takes the cake as to the most annoying in the cast so far. Honestly wanted to strangle the guy.
Old 2019-08-09, 20:01   Link #303
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm so sorry, but I couldn't finish this episode. First time that has happened.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-09, 21:04   Link #304
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was the worst episode of the show so far. Ritsu is by far the most annoying character introduced so far. He rivals even Zenitsu from Kimetsu no Yaiba. In fact, he's worse. At least with Zenitsu I don't have to listen to a guy trying to sound like a girl and failing spectacularly at it. Not to mention this completely ruined the "twist".
But I think that's the point with Ritsu. He feels calmer cross-dressing. He still considers himself male. So he's going to have problems finding people to accept him. He's prob been on the receiving end of a lot of crap and feels sorry for causing his parents problems too. At least that's how I interpret him.

At least this episode gave us a little peak inside of the tragedy that is Touru. The episode is going to be "interesting" when she cracks.
Old 2019-08-09, 21:12   Link #305
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Ritsu finely here and he a lot cuter in this one
Old 2019-08-09, 22:09   Link #306
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm so sorry, but I couldn't finish this episode. First time that has happened.
Don't bother finishing it. I set the speed to 1.3x and still felt like it wasted my time.

Amazing how this show just went from its best to its worst like that. And here I thought it was doing so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But I think that's the point with Ritsu. He feels calmer cross-dressing. He still considers himself male.
If he's still that bad when he's crossdressing then I don't want to even imagine what he's like when he isn't.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 00:05   Link #307
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Eww, Ritsu's new voice. It doesn't get more crossdressing guy-voice than this.
And apparently Tooru can be fooled by this voice. 'Kay.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-10, 09:22   Link #308
Arya

^ For the record, not just Thoru, also that other girl I don't know her name.

Definitely the worst episode of the show. I guess that the male voice was not supposed to be deceiving, but not sure what was the main purpose anyways. Probably they explained it along the episode, but I started using fast-forward very early so I lost big chunks of the episode and so also bits of Thoru, I just saw her falling on the roof and I decided to keep fast forwarding

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 16:07   Link #309
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hate Akito even more after this episode. Beating up a cute innocent loli is going too far!

Hiro's got his heart in the right place, but his attitude really rubbed me the wrong way. He's lucky Uo and Hana weren't around.
Old 2019-08-16, 19:12   Link #310
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are we supposed to understand why Akito beat up Kisa-chan? Because I sure don't. It's not her fault how Hiro feels. I get it that Akito is some dark character, but I don't understand his motives or actions at all. I don't understand why he abused Yuki either.
Old 2019-08-16, 19:48   Link #311
sikvod00

My guess is that Akito knew that beating Kisa would absolutely crush Hiro and put a stop to his connection with her. The main goal was to impair their relationship. To summarize Shigure, "It's only natural to become a coward when the person you love is hurt because of you". In other words, Akito is a demon. Not sure what kind of sob story they will concote to make viewers empathize for them. I never finished the original anime or read the manga to find out.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 21:02   Link #312
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hiro finely here and still such a brat

Kind of wondering what happened to Motoko and the 3 idiots havent seen them around in along time
Old 2019-08-16, 23:09   Link #313
Frontier

Poor Yuki. When you get stuck watching the goofy girl anime .

Hiro's the kind of bratty kid who acts super mature and condescending but it's really because they're very self-conscious and insecure about themselves and their feelings. But Kisa knows that deep down he's a good kid, and Tohru realized it too .

Kisa and Hiro...young love at it's finest (and youngest). They're really cute together, and Kisa really brings out the best in Hiro .

Ah, Hiro's one of those anime watchers .

What irony that the brattiest of the Sohma's is also the cutest animal of the Sohma's, with Hiro being the sheep zodiac .

Once again Akito lashes out at a loved one of the zodiac, even if in this case the loved one also turns out to be a member of the zodiac. It seems love is forbidden among the Sohma's even beyond the difficulty of finding someone they love and cherish with the curse hanging over their head, and if they do fall in love...the woman in the relationship will face Akito's wrath .

I guess it's a fair question to ask what makes Tohru so special that she can help the Sohma's with all their severe psychological and emotional problems, but it helps that she came from such a nurturing and emotionally intelligent person like Kyoko .

It almost seems like Shigure and Akito's little "war" is both of them trying to spite the other through the other Sohma's .
Old 2019-08-17, 01:15   Link #314
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
My guess is that Akito knew that beating Kisa would absolutely crush Hiro and put a stop to his connection with her. The main goal was to impair their relationship.
Yes, I get that, but why? I've seen nothing so far which provides any insight into Akito's motives. Just "being a demon" isn't much of an explanation. I thought perhaps I had missed some important piece of information along the way.
Old 2019-08-17, 07:05   Link #315
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Akito's very, very possessive of the Zodiac people. Downright yandere. I'm not sure how Ayame dodged that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 18:15   Link #316
Arya

mmm, Hiro is another character I'm not fond of, for some reasons his story didn't work as it should have too. Maybe I've to fully recover from the previous episode yet

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-08-19, 18:21   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
mmm, Hiro is another character I'm not fond of, for some reasons his story didn't work as it should have too. Maybe I've to fully recover from the previous episode yet
Hiro is different from Ritsu but he's annoying in his own way too. I'd say your reaction is normal, especially when the one who got the end of the short stick in this story was Kisa.
Old 2019-08-19, 20:26   Link #318
Wandering Soul

Hiro didn't make me contemplate why I was even watching this episode every time he opened his mouth, so that puts him above Ritsu for me.
Old 2019-08-20, 02:49   Link #319
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hiro is different from Ritsu but he's annoying in his own way too. I'd say your reaction is normal, especially when the one who got the end of the short stick in this story was Kisa.
Yeah, of course he is not at the levels of Ritsu. But you are right he is annoying in his own way(s) not only because when he starts talking you can stop listening since he will start attacking his speaker, but because he also bullied Thoru that exactly as the "fun story" would endure pretty much everything ( but the pix of Kyoko, of course because it's her mother, and because she is Kyoko the star of the show ).

Probably I'm also getting a bit tired of all these characters introductory to showcase how the soma's life is tough and miserable. I think I got the point quite well by now. Uo's, and hopefully Hana's, backstory at this point make more sense since at least they give you an insight in Tohuru life and particularly Kyoko that even if not directly has been affecting all the characters of the show. Having yet another zodiac animal feels kinda one of the same at this point. Sow instead of Mow. At least for me. I want the plot to move forward
Just to know where are we? Not that I will drop this, I want to know, but as for Mix I'm a bit lost for different reasons that all comes to staleness / lack of dynamics.

Old 2019-08-20, 10:44   Link #320
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

IIRC, there are three seasons of 25 episodes planned, so we're not even 1/3 into it.

Tags
remake