AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-28, 02:18   Link #21
black prince
Lost Child

chapter 5 of novel vol 1 has out

shapeshifting sword that can change from nodachi to 10 meter long two handed sword and it's personality is a girl.

Last edited by black prince; 2013-12-28 at 11:40.
black prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 09:45   Link #22
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Really liking the novel right now, and to be honest it's less annoying than the manga for several unlikable characters
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-12-28, 10:09   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 10

The survival horror continues!

Now we got some mysterious loli that just show up out nowhere and left just as it did. I wonder she had accepted Kusanagi's non-answers as answers for whatever contract. speaking of which, he was actually pretty cool in this chapter. Hopefully they don fail again and Uasgi learns to actually shoot.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:33   Link #24
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Nobody talks about the LN? The first volume is fully translated on baka-tsuki already, just afterwords left untranslated.

Spoiler for LN vol 1 Epilogue::

I'm also surprised at how much authority the damn headmaster has to simply lure his students to become human wall just to get someone in his grasp like he doesn't give a crap about the consequence.

Awesome series btw.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 15:07   Link #25
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I originally wasn't that interested in this novel, but i'm starting to get into it. But with the MC's relic eater contract, isn't he too overpowered for the enemies they are likely to run into? How are they going to nerf him do you think?

Anyway good job krytyk, keep it up
Hoho. An overpowered MC? I'm definitely going to read this.

Like Miyuki says: "Strength alone is true justice".
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:35   Link #26
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Hoho. An overpowered MC? I'm definitely going to read this.

Like Miyuki says: "Strength alone is true justice".
That's not quite right. While he is quite strong now, its not to the level of overpowered in the setting. At least not yet.

...but he is captain of a student team. Considering their level, unless the director screws them over(which isn't unlikely) they shouldn't run into any really strong opposition. Its different if he gets called in for a Dullahan mission, but if he is allowed to go all out in school missions it would be kinda anticlimactic. Like Ouka, he is probably going to be barred from using Lapis.

On the plus side, he should be able to do a lot of things he couldn't before due to the physical side effects of the contract. Even without the sword and armor.

At least thats my guess.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 16:45   Link #27
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That's not quite right. While he is quite strong now, its not to the level of overpowered in the setting. At least not yet.

...but he is captain of a student team. Considering their level, unless the director screws them over(which isn't unlikely) they shouldn't run into any really strong opposition. Its different if he gets called in for a Dullahan mission, but if he is allowed to go all out in school missions it would be kinda anticlimactic. Like Ouka, he is probably going to be barred from using Lapis.

On the plus side, he should be able to do a lot of things he couldn't before due to the physical side effects of the contract. Even without the sword and armor.

At least thats my guess.
Well, for starters, the MC doesnt need to be as overpowered as Tatsuya. I'm happy as long as the MC is fairly strong and don't keeps whining the entire novel.

PS: I have yet to start reading this. I'm reading Kaze no Stigma now and have Heavy Object as the next reading.
PS²: Can someone give me an impression of Heavy Object? It seems to be a mecha story and unless the novel is really good I dont touch anything related to mechas. ):
Old 2013-12-28, 17:18   Link #28
R.LocK
My turn

^See, HO is not your usual mecha pew-pew action. It's about destroying machines of certain death with nothing but makeshift plans, ultimate luck and some loot and equipment. It's cool, it's fun and it's silly/clever.

As for this novel- C'mon. It's rather boring. Well, it's silly through and through, and the illustrator is good as hell, but it's not enough to keep me going. Even Kenshin's freaking twists in the last chapter of vol.1 were better than this whole volume.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 18:40   Link #29
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Well, for starters, the MC doesnt need to be as overpowered as Tatsuya. I'm happy as long as the MC is fairly strong and don't keeps whining the entire novel.
Similiar to Asterisk MC which is OP but also restrained

BTW seems like OP MC is kinda a fad today (just remembered Izayoi who I think one of the best Overpowered MC )

Quote:
As for this novel- C'mon. It's rather boring. Well, it's silly through and through, and the illustrator is good as hell, but it's not enough to keep me going. Even Kenshin's freaking twists in the last chapter of vol.1 were better than this whole volume.
Meh, it's just a personal taste and preference... boring for you but not for others
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-12-28, 19:14   Link #30
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Similiar to Asterisk MC which is OP but also restrained

BTW seems like OP MC is kinda a fad today (just remembered Izayoi who I think one of the best Overpowered MC )
Izayoi is OP but he's well utilized. He mostly stays out of the way and let's the other 2 MC grow in the beginning, and later on:

Spoiler:

OP main characters are fine if the enemies he fights are on par or even stronger, but when all he fights are mooks it gets pretty boring.

Anyways, read what's out for the manga and I'm really confused by the tone in the beginning, especially the way the characters behave. I thought they were part of some airsoft club or something based on how unserious everyone is, then suddenly it's zombies, witches, end of the world.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:19   Link #31
Iron Maw
Banned

Man, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care if a MC is OP or not.

Just being competent and having decent personality is enough.

I've seen too many LNs or stories in general where the lead is strongest, but is as interesting as a brick wall. Worse yet, they're often used to cover just how weak those plots are underneath all the flash. They maybe the extremely opposite of a weak MC, but it matter little when the writing is just as bad.

So in my case at least, it doesn't matter if Kusanagi becomes OP (which is hardly special nowadays) as long as the story improves. As it is now, I think I'm fairly intrigued enough to see where this goes.
Old 2013-12-28, 21:39   Link #32
Ophis
Dragon God

Reading the first chapter now \o/ Must say, the name of their platoon is just too hilarious
Old 2013-12-28, 22:06   Link #33
black prince
Lost Child

Volume 2 Illustrations is up. It seems Kusanagi will get another harem platoon member
Old 2013-12-29, 18:38   Link #34
blackwhite67
Banned

A few more volumes and they might as well call the harem platoon.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 05:44   Link #35
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It's inevitable. The only question is how long.
Old 2013-12-30, 06:39   Link #36
black prince
Lost Child

chapter 1 vol2 is up

curently reading half through it

that damn chairman, what's he planning now

I think we'll see harem platoon sooner
Old 2013-12-30, 08:21   Link #37
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Well, since there is conveniently no other male characters in the troop....

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-12-30 at 08:37.
Old 2013-12-30, 15:31   Link #38
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well, since there is conveniently no other male characters in the troop....
knowing our luck we will get a boy is a girl in disguise with in the next volume. i am really enjoying this and the newest volume looks like a lot of fun
Old 2013-12-31, 10:43   Link #39
krytyk
幻想生物

For the next few days at least I won't have time to translate anything folks. Lots of stuff to do atm.

As for someone's asking about his sister, she's probably in the outer area for innocent witches, and he's probably trying to raise money to afford a Gleipnir for her, tho he still has to pay his house's debt at the same time.

Though it's not confirmed spoiler but an assumption, since I'm mostly reading as a translate.
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 11:20   Link #40
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
For the next few days at least I won't have time to translate anything folks. Lots of stuff to do atm.

As for someone's asking about his sister, she's probably in the outer area for innocent witches, and he's probably trying to raise money to afford a Gleipnir for her, tho he still has to pay his house's debt at the same time.

Though it's not confirmed spoiler but an assumption, since I'm mostly reading as a translate.
Thanks a lot for your translations so far, really enjoying this novel.

Tags
fujimi shobo, harem, light novel