AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 14.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 12.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-22, 16:46   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That would mean that the "Just as planned" of the triclope woman had to do with Konoe, then.
Old 2007-10-22, 18:25   Link #82
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
"Flame of Heaven" isn't just for show, I guess. Maybe Dance Party proved more effective because it dealt magic damage instead of elemental?

You gonna get some "special training". Hehe. Yes, my mistress!

Well that was an awfully fun episode mostly because of konoe. Not really sure where there gonna go with all this, but damn is she cute. Almost made me feel like "Shana who?"

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-22, 19:38   Link #83
Echoes

I absolutely agree, Konoe is awfully cute, and her almost unbelievably innocent and clueless demeanor makes her moeier than most.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:52   Link #84
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
True, that haremeish aspect of this episode isn't something that I find to be all that great. Maybe I watched ZnT II too much, and now every decent episode looks like something great.

Anyways it was pretty enjoyable episode, at least for me.
Old 2007-10-23, 01:41   Link #85
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
True, that haremeish aspect of this episode isn't something that I find to be all that great. Maybe I watched ZnT II too much, and now every decent episode looks like something great.

Anyways it was pretty enjoyable episode, at least for me.
I sure hope this is not the direction Shana 2 will take (which by the way I can hardly imagine). Also, here's to hope they won't send some weak Tomogara each episode, as this might quickly go pretty stale. At least the "according to plan"-part implicates some reasoning behind this...
Old 2007-10-23, 03:09   Link #86
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

As much as I would like some stronger Tomogaras too I believe this weak one fitted very well in this episode. Imagine a Tomogara on Friagne level, you couldnt you assure Konoes safety (if she isnt an enemy)
Old 2007-10-23, 03:49   Link #87
tabun
rawr!

Ah, that came across a bit wrong, I think: what I meant was the "one villain per episode" thing. I daresay Shana has more to offer in order to keep the story going than one of those fights per episode, especially now with the introduction of Konoe. But that's just me, nevermind an old man's ramblings
Old 2007-10-23, 05:40   Link #88
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I really can't wait for the next ep.. This ep was great and even though she's a hecate look alike she still looks like Hecate and thats good enough for me!

Like I said can't wait for next ep, it looks like both the girls are all angsty in the next ep over

Yuji's and Konoe's closeness lol!!
Old 2007-10-23, 07:46   Link #89
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Konoe is very adorable he seemingly lack of knowledge about everyday life makes her fun to watch. What struck me as very cute and the preview for the next episode confirmed it. When everyone was going to lunch she grabbed Yuji's arm and said "together" the look on Shana's and Yoshida's face's was that of jealousy and disbeliefe. There might have been some killing intent coming off Shana as well lol. Although im enjoying seeing the 2 girls get some competition I hope this does not turn into a harem, because thats not what SnS is about. Even still im enjoying it iv noticed we have gotten quite sometime in the classroom already as in the first season a lot of events took place outside of it.

After all this training Yuji is doing i swear he better do something freakin cool when the heavy fighting starts.
Old 2007-10-23, 08:40   Link #90
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The people that are complaining may want to remember that not everything was as epic and not everything was always on POWER MODE last season, that only is true for the last episodes, the climax. You have to expect some build up episodes, and some character bonding and interaction for the later, more content filled episodes to be more meaningful; otherwise you will just get something Hellsing, and we don't want that, right?
Old 2007-10-23, 09:59   Link #91
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

You gonna get some "special training". Hehe. Yes, my mistress!
I believe this scene ruined the episode a bit ... Sure, it can be funny etc but Wilhelmina is not this type of character. What bugs me is that scenes like that give a wrong impression of her. In season 1 she was a (very) serious, caring person, now she is pretty much reduced to jealousy and comic beliefs :\
Old 2007-10-23, 12:21   Link #92
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I believe this scene ruined the episode a bit ... Sure, it can be funny etc but Wilhelmina is not this type of character. What bugs me is that scenes like that give a wrong impression of her. In season 1 she was a (very) serious, caring person, now she is pretty much reduced to jealousy and comic beliefs :\
thats reading a bit much into just one shot meant to denote a training scene...
Old 2007-10-23, 12:36   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She was already jealous back in S1.
Old 2007-10-23, 12:41   Link #94
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I personally wouldn't be against a love square. I've seen people here compare Shana II to ZnT in fear, but I doubt that's what'll happen; Shana, for one, is a MUCH more likable caracter than Louise "Narusegawa Naru 2.0" De la Vallière, even if both are tsunderes. Kazumi is also quite likable (and in her own triangle), and, as mentionned before, OH GOD KONOE IS MOE.

For the "Tomogara of the week" approach the series seem to be taking, I blame that on the current focus being the Bal Masqué; if another "Dark General"-type showed up out of the blue, you can be pretty sure this forum would be complaining about "Where's the Bal Masqué!?" instead. This episode's weakling had only one purpose, and that was to prove to Shana that yes, Konoe is Human... really.

...ok, raise your hand whoever believes that? ...anyone?
Right.

(My signature is probably completely out of date, showing how long it's been since I've posted here... )
Old 2007-10-23, 13:40   Link #95
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Are we thinking about the same character here...

You do remember how grouchy she got with chigase in the first season when she saw what she was teaching shana right? And some of her reactions towards alastor. Honestly the way shes been this season just feels like a progression of how she was developing in the first one and it makes me love her character all the more.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-23, 13:49   Link #96
holyman282

I still think there is more to Konoe then meets the eyes.....

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2007-10-23, 15:15   Link #97
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Personally, I would still have preferred Shana to have lopped off Konoe's head. Wait, Hecate? Who's Hecate? Who cares about Tomogara or Bal Masque or whatever...she's getting in the way of Shana + Yuuji, and that's unforgivable to me!

Sorry, but I'm just not liking Konoe at all. What some people find cute, I just find...annoying. Or maybe I'm just too biased in favor of Shana, whatever...
Old 2007-10-23, 15:38   Link #98
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Personally, I would still have preferred Shana to have lopped off Konoe's head. Wait, Hecate? Who's Hecate? Who cares about Tomogara or Bal Masque or whatever...she's getting in the way of Shana + Yuuji, and that's unforgivable to me!

Sorry, but I'm just not liking Konoe at all. What some people find cute, I just find...annoying. Or maybe I'm just too biased in favor of Shana, whatever...
i feel the same way, i don't understand why some people were freaking out going "oh no konoe is gonna die!" i was hoping shana wouldn't have saved her that just bugged me to death
Old 2007-10-23, 16:42   Link #99
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Konoe Fumina, a girl cornered between the cloak of suspicion and the mist of ambiguity.

Is she really the Master Throne, Hecate? or could there be a possibility that she's a vessel made by the Bal Masque?

Spoiler:

Honestly, the tattle-tale signs are too obvious.
Spoiler:

Oh, well! At least, Yuuji made progressive progress.
Spoiler:

But tossing aside the serious stuff, Yuuji's love triangle seems to have officially expanded into a harem: Shana | Kazumi | now Konoe.
Old 2007-10-23, 19:17   Link #100
holyman282

not a harem yet! More of a love square! Until the girls that flock to Yuji turn out to be more then any existing shape has vertices or corners then i'll still use shapes.. Should another girl join in then i'll move from square to pentagon, then hexagon and so forth until it reaches polygon then i'll officially accept it as being harem!