AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 05:47   Link #481
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Ichika can call out his IS partially to deflect the bullet as byakku shiki always on him. A more important matters is what exactly Ichika is, somebody said that he didn't have any pictures of him until 5 years old, that mean Chifuyu may not related to him by bloody and that mean we can safely add the brocon factor to the harem
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 05:54   Link #482
larethian

what is the science behind IS disappearing and appearing? are they in a pocket dimension?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 06:21   Link #483
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea, pocket dimension. Technology wise, this series is a cheese for explanation(too many holes) so try to just ignore the explanation because one answer will lead to several further question XD.

And to hayate, when did Ichika starts to be that adept at controlling his IS :P. And Madoka is shooting him unexpectedly while he's still in a surprise state seeing Chifuyu's face, so let's see where the story bring us next volume.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 06:31   Link #484
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Ichika can call out his IS partially to deflect the bullet as byakku shiki always on him. A more important matters is what exactly Ichika is, somebody said that he didn't have any pictures of him until 5 years old, that mean Chifuyu may not related to him by bloody and that mean we can safely add the brocon factor to the harem
omg he is alien! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Ah yea, I somehow miss which person is talking. It's Tatenashi IS that used to be called "Deep Mist from Moskwa" and now called "Mysterious Lady" (Damn LN for not giving any indication who's speaking currently XD)

Edit : 1 day passed and no post beside mine O_O. Interest sure dies fast in this series XD. Oh well, time to finish the summary.

Spoiler for Summary Before:

Spoiler for Volume 6 chapter 4 last part and epilogue:

That's all. Hope you enjoy my summary. Feedback is welcome so I can apply it when I do vol 5 summary or vol 7 summary next.

very nice great job on the summary^_^ i see now its going to have some drama! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think there's a bit of symbolism involved. Seeing as the one that attacked him was "Chifuyu", there's definitely going to be some growing tension between the two, and may result in the final "separation" from his sister to find his own path and not under the shadow of his sister.

Of course, this may involve that Ichika may develop darker tendencies now. Oh please do!

i think its going to be pretty much. i want to know everything about my family. who is this other sister,and who am i really.

Quote:
Well, not going to speculate here since vol 7 is just 1 and a half month away(but 2 and a half month before my copy arrive T_T). I'll try to give a short summary of things one I get my hand on it before making a detailed one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Spoiler for omg:

Last edited by neowind; 2011-02-11 at 06:48.
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:05   Link #485
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I like your line of thinking.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 08:00   Link #486
Javiersansano

Quote:
where did you learn about that of NO PICTURES PRIOR TO FIVE YEARS OLD?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:42   Link #487
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
where did you learn about that of NO PICTURES PRIOR TO FIVE YEARS OLD?
It is here, Kuroshinigami, could you confirm this.

Quote:
And to hayate, when did Ichika starts to be that adept at controlling his IS :P. And Madoka is shooting him unexpectedly while he's still in a surprise state seeing Chifuyu's face, so let's see where the story bring us next volume.
Well, In ep 6, He was talking with Charlotte without his arm armors and Bayku Shiki wing. And he has been trained by Tatenashi so we could expect that out of him. However the novel only describe that there is a gunshot but where it was fired is not mentioned, which kind of gun emit a dim light before it shot . Well, at least Ichika got plot armor .

BTW is the anime follow the the Light novel closely ? as far as I can see all Illustration of Volume 2 up until now has been covered. But the charm of the Lightnovel is that they give us alot more inside about the characters Like zero no tsukaima ( the kissing scenes are very hot in the light novel ), Is there anything like this about IS ?

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2011-02-11 at 10:52. Reason: update
Old 2011-02-11, 11:45   Link #488
Javiersansano

thanks hayate
Old 2011-02-11, 11:47   Link #489
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

No no, the things that emit a dim light was the gun itself(I think, japanese sentence structure can be tricky like this XD), not because it was about to shoot, although I completely agree about the plot armor. And the novel has never said how far Ichika's progress now after being trained by Tatenashi, just that he progress a lot from the intensive training, so I can't confirm if he already gained this ability or not.

Can't confirm about the no picture things before 5 years old. I don't have that good of a memory and not in the mood to dig older volume just to search for one scene XD. If anybody knows which volume it is in, I can re-read it and confirm.

The light novel so far follows exactly the plot in the light novel, leaving only minor detail not worth fussing about(unlike Index' for example). More character inside is a given because unlike the anime, the light novel can easily change it's POV focus and plays the girl's monologue for instance, but nothing major that leaves me enough impression to say "Hey, they left this and this out of the anime"
Old 2011-02-11, 14:39   Link #490
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

who do you guy think will be on the cover for volume 7 ?

My picks is Madoka/Chifuyu or Ichika with Byakku Shiki Setsura

Ran is possible but I think she isn't own a personal IS yet.

The cover format seem to follow hidan no Aria - A character per volume cover.

What do you guys think ?

BTW: kuroshinigami, is you a native japanese. If not, how long does it take you to be able to read LN ? i 'm studying japanese but only at beginning level
Old 2011-02-11, 22:15   Link #491
thekin

so could someone pls explain more about the phantom task, is the hole organization made up of yuri characters that want to take over the world and make yuri the new world order or is it just the leader that is yuri.
thekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 23:40   Link #492
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
BTW: kuroshinigami, is you a native japanese. If not, how long does it take you to be able to read LN ? i 'm studying japanese but only at beginning level

I'm not native Japanese. How intensive are you learning Japanese currently? I started pretty long ago, around 8 years ago. But I wasn't that interested in foreign language at that time(high school students have no interest in studying at all XD), but at least I knew from the lesson I attend during that time how to read kana and how Japanese language grammar structure is.

After that, for 8 years I only learn sparingly from reading raw manga. It was a hassle looking through a lot of kanji from the stroke, but in manga, there's often some furigana to accompany it so with Dictionary and patience, I manage to remember a lot of vocab.

I started reading raw light novel around 3-4 years ago. Again, at first I have difficulty reading some kanji in there, but with dictionary's and patience help, I manage to finish the easy one in 3 hours(baka to test, for IS it's around 6-8 hours) without using dictionary now. Knowledge of chinese will be an advantage for the kanji, but not a must.

If you're intensively learning(and willing to learn extra vocabulary in your spare time in whatever form, whether it's reading raw manga, light novel, speaking with a Japanese friend, etc.) 2 years should be enough to read the easy one like this one, and maybe 3-4 years for the harder one(without dictionary, because the harder one often use the rarely used kanji or words).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekin View Post
so could someone pls explain more about the phantom task, is the hole organization made up of yuri characters that want to take over the world and make yuri the new world order or is it just the leader that is yuri.
They're still a mysterious organization, taking IS from all over the world for an unknown reason. So far, only the leader, Squall, and one of the member is clearly yuri, although M(Orimura Madoka) seems to show such tendency toward Chifuyu. We'll have to wait for the next volume to see more info about them.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:08   Link #493
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
I'm not native Japanese. How intensive are you learning Japanese currently? I started pretty long ago, around 8 years ago. But I wasn't that interested in foreign language at that time(high school students have no interest in studying at all XD), but at least I knew from the lesson I attend during that time how to read kana and how Japanese language grammar structure is.

After that, for 8 years I only learn sparingly from reading raw manga. It was a hassle looking through a lot of kanji from the stroke, but in manga, there's often some furigana to accompany it so with Dictionary and patience, I manage to remember a lot of vocab.

I started reading raw light novel around 3-4 years ago. Again, at first I have difficulty reading some kanji in there, but with dictionary's and patience help, I manage to finish the easy one in 3 hours(baka to test, for IS it's around 6-8 hours) without using dictionary now. Knowledge of chinese will be an advantage for the kanji, but not a must.

If you're intensively learning(and willing to learn extra vocabulary in your spare time in whatever form, whether it's reading raw manga, light novel, speaking with a Japanese friend, etc.) 2 years should be enough to read the easy one like this one, and maybe 3-4 years for the harder one(without dictionary, because the harder one often use the rarely used kanji or words).
I 'm currently taking 3 classes a week, about 1 hour and a half a class, the first half will be taught by a japanese teacher, the later half is taught by a non native one. The course took about 2 years and a half. But I'm worry that I only stay in school for one year the I have to go to work . well thank for your information.

BTW, the cover for Bluray vol 1 is out , Houki look beautiful there

If it goes like this then the cover for volume 6 will be Ichika
Old 2011-02-12, 00:57   Link #494
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

chap 4 is out, while the anime is graphically Superior, i find the manga ver. pacing of story and delivery of the plot better
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 01:34   Link #495
ZeKeR
Superbad

so guys... in the harem, who has the actual lead?
im thinking of houki, but when the other girls came into the fray, its been chaotic...
so... who has?
Old 2011-02-12, 02:58   Link #496
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

no one is superior(well, Tatenashi control Ichika under her thumb when she's with him, not romantically though :P). They have more or less same exposure, and same development, although Houki is the only one who already tried to confess to him directly.

Quote:
I 'm currently taking 3 classes a week, about 1 hour and a half a class, the first half will be taught by a japanese teacher, the later half is taught by a non native one. The course took about 2 years and a half. But I'm worry that I only stay in school for one year the I have to go to work . well thank for your information.
Well, like I said, I only have 1 year(I think less, more like 8 month) of formal lesson, 1 hour each week, but still manage to advance pretty well, enough to be able to understand native Japanese words and be able to speak to them(albeit with a messed up grammar, since thinking grammar on the fly is harder than when you listen or read). It's all depends on you. Even if you're already working(like me), I'm sure you can spend a little time after work or on weekends to read some raw manga chapter to increase your vocabulary. Although it will be slow, but little by little you will be able to read enough words and kanji to read light novel.

A little advice though, once you feel like trying to read a LN, try from the easy one(mostly Media Factory's one, or Baka to Test). Don't try to start from NishioishiN works or series that has a lot of technical words like Index(no problem on the prologue part, but once they start to explain all the symbology and pseudo-science, your head will start to spin because the sentences will become very long, and you'll find a lot of words that's normally never used in everyday conversation). I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it would take more works from looking up the kanji and words meaning in dictionary and that might lower your interest in continuing to learn(this is from personal experience though, so feel free to try if you want XD)
Old 2011-02-12, 12:38   Link #497
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Hmm, after doing a little digging and using the infinite statos raws and a dicitonary apparently in Volume 4 Chapter 1 Rin and Ichika were old pictures and Rin said that the earliest picture was of Ichika in first grade, nothing before that. Kuro would you please go over that? Apparently Rin reasoned that it was because Ichika and Chifuyuu's parents might have been in the earlier pictures.
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 14:14   Link #498
Javiersansano

Maybe the reason there areno pictures prior to 5 years old, is because said pictures would reveal a hypothetical twins relationship between Ichika and Madoka, but said hypothesis would falther, because there is no way a five tears old could'n remember his own twin.
Old 2011-02-12, 22:28   Link #499
ZeKeR
Superbad

or probably due to military secrets.... hell the government can even erase your registry and all of your past lives to live....
Old 2011-02-12, 22:59   Link #500
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Hmm, after doing a little digging and using the infinite statos raws and a dicitonary apparently in Volume 4 Chapter 1 Rin and Ichika were old pictures and Rin said that the earliest picture was of Ichika in first grade, nothing before that. Kuro would you please go over that? Apparently Rin reasoned that it was because Ichika and Chifuyuu's parents might have been in the earlier pictures.
Checking the raw again, that seems to be the case. Chifuyu doesn't put any picture prior to 1st grade of elementary school in the album, but the last picture put there is also during Ichika's 2nd year on junior high(the last picture is picture together with Rin and Chifuyu before Rin move out).

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen