AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-01, 13:06   Link #481
f4bidnish40

Send a message via AIM to f4bidnish40 Send a message via Yahoo to f4bidnish40
does anyone have the translation and romaji for the song lyrics of Mo, Mousou Machine! ??
Old 2008-01-01, 19:44   Link #482
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Can't find a translation yet, but a commenter to a YouTube video of the song has posted romaji (note that you have to read the comments from the bottom up).

I also know of a blog that translates songs on request. She has a large queue stacked up, though.
Old 2008-01-02, 07:11   Link #483
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4bidnish40 View Post
does anyone have the translation and romaji for the song lyrics of Mo, Mousou Machine! ??
I have just finished the translation of "Default Joshikousei Nyan" with some translation notes in my hands (well, I can upload it here if someone wants) but not that one... because, it is far more difficult to translate and it definitely is beyond my ability (So many obscure pronouns and lines of vague meanings... I think the work requires firm grasp of both languages, and I lack the English side).
Even the seemingly-simple romanization can be trickey.
Old 2008-01-03, 07:08   Link #484
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

that song, "Gravity", I know its in the BGM 3 CD, but is there a long version to this song yet?
its a pretty cool song and I just realized that its the same insert song for ep.6.
Old 2008-01-03, 19:22   Link #485
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
that song, "Gravity", I know its in the BGM 3 CD, but is there a long version to this song yet?
its a pretty cool song and I just realized that its the same insert song for ep.6.
Seems that was the full song, sadly.
Old 2008-01-13, 17:03   Link #486
Jessie
KonoSetsu Fan! ^^

Eto... Sorry if anyone asked it before, but I'm still looking for the series OST release, someone knows if it will ever be available?
I'm looking for the background music from episode 6, the car racing scene..
Old 2008-01-13, 20:04   Link #487
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

The OST is being released a small piece at a time in the Lucky Star BGM & Radio Bangumi discs. Half of each CD is background music while the other half is a radio show/drama for Lucky Channel. There should be 7 or 8 out right now.

The music from episode 6, "Gravity" should be on the third one.
Old 2008-01-24, 12:11   Link #488
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I've been wondering, how many albums have been released for LS already? Is there a compilation for all the karaoke EDs of episodes 1-12? I know there's an album for Shiraishi's live action songs from 13-24 as well.

I've only heard the full version of Kona-chan attempting to sing the English lyrics of Monkey Magic (in episode 8), and boy, that was hilarious.

The only words that she can really sing is "Monkey Magic", LOL. She wanted to bail out when realizing the whole song's in English, but Kagamin won't let her. Poor Kona-chan ended up sobbing and pleading with Kagamin to let her off the hook.

What makes it even funnier is that Hirano Aya can actually speak decent English herself.
Old 2008-01-24, 19:06   Link #489
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

12 character song albums I think .. the Motteke Sailor Fuku single... Minoru single... Akira single... 8 BGM CDs so far ... 2 Re-Mix albums ... the karaoke album ...

At least 27, but I'm probably missing some.

But yes, the karaoke album is out. It has the short versions of all the tracks exactly as you hear them from the end of each episode. And then long versions of each, which may or may not have commentary. So I guess it's like as if you were sitting in the room with them listening to them sing.

The Karaoke compilation will have Monkey Magic on it. And yes, it's quite hilarious. ^_^
Old 2008-01-30, 23:56   Link #490
Midonin
Last Engage

There's apparently going to be 13 character song albums. The 13th is...Misao. An upgrade from a background character.
Old 2008-01-31, 19:09   Link #491
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Huh, and she was already in the 9th one with Ayano for their Haikei Combination. So good job for Misao.
Old 2008-02-19, 00:42   Link #492
Hayatso
Not Found

I found these Misao mix themes...

RLZ...

http://nicosound.dip.jp/sound/sm2108752

XDD
Old 2008-02-22, 22:32   Link #493
Ottocycle

Oh my god. Just listened to DVD BGM CD 9. Sahashi's work for the FMP series got totally replicated by Kousaki and was featured in a particular track. And I don't mean "similar" copied, but fully copied, notes, tempo and the whole package.

Kadokawa sure is something to do that, since FMP is their property after all...Even for Bun Guster they didn't copy everything though.

EDIT: Never mind. Sahashi got credited on the cover.
Old 2008-02-26, 21:42   Link #494
x512dev

Send a message via AIM to x512dev
I know I posted in the general Music section, but maybe this post belongs here...

I can't really understand the song "Motteke! Sailor Fuku", which is the opening theme to Lucky Star. I've read the lyrics in English, but apparantly it uses a bit of wordplay that gets lost in translation. Is it supposed to be a parody of something? Or Lucky Star really just that...dirty
Somehow I find that hard to believe...

Can anyone help me out?

Phrases like...
"Yeah! The feeling of existence…asteroids
They collided and melted together; I’m dumbfounded
Singing a lot, Sirenge"
and
"At vaguely 3cm, is that called squishy? Geez!
My wrapping is a uniform… It can’t be disadvantageous, pbbt.
I’ll try my best ♥ I’ll do it
That and catch & Release, gak
In the cleavage of sweat (Fuu) sweat (Fuu), Darlin’ darlin’ F R E E Z E!!"
(sounds kinda like a vague sexual reference almost O.o am I way off?)

So...yeah...anyone who can understand this better than I can, please give me your take on it...

Much appreciated
Old 2008-02-26, 22:40   Link #495
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

^^AVPlaya examined that here.

Old 2008-02-26, 22:59   Link #496
x512dev

Send a message via AIM to x512dev
Hmm, thanks. :-)
So basically it's just poking fun at the intended audience? And how the song seems like a major mismatch for their personalities, yet they still do a whole song-and-dance to it?

Old 2008-03-10, 08:26   Link #497
rabi_en_rose
Daikirai.

Lucky Star DANCE

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread lol.

Can anyone do the Lucky Star dance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0OH4Lmx10

It takes long to get in to the actual dance but when it does it's pretty accurate! Lol dishrags for pom poms.

Thank you for the signature, Marina!
Old 2008-03-10, 12:10   Link #498
Keruri
Like a falling star

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksider View Post
I have just finished the translation of "Default Joshikousei Nyan" with some translation notes in my hands (well, I can upload it here if someone wants) but not that one... because, it is far more difficult to translate and it definitely is beyond my ability (So many obscure pronouns and lines of vague meanings... I think the work requires firm grasp of both languages, and I lack the English side).
Even the seemingly-simple romanization can be trickey.
I'd really appreciate if if you could. <3 [/reviveoldthread]
Old 2008-03-16, 17:54   Link #499
rabi_en_rose
Daikirai.

Random lol

Thank you for the signature, Marina!
Old 2008-03-21, 19:52   Link #500
Hayatso
Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayatso View Post
I found these Misao mix themes...

RLZ...

http://nicosound.dip.jp/sound/sm2108752

XDD
MAD らき☆すた ピアノこなた ~ ピア☆こな ~ ver2.4God know, Desho ~ desho, and other songs of Suzumiya haruhi also lucky star of both songs as soundtracks ... If this music on piano, which gives you listen to some air melancolía ... One of the best songs heard that ... And remixed with the voices of lucky star ... Pretty good and fairly long ... 12:29 ... Undoubtedly, better Re-MIX heard that pe (on the whole issue of Kanata and the Re-MIX of Mokete sailor fuku, the opening of lucky one version Jazz) undoubtedly the best pe heard
Closed Thread