AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 05:13   Link #1
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
熱血ロボットバトルで燃える!DVDで萌える!Godannar The Game on PS2!

The title--taken from the official game website http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp...nar/index.html
tells it all: it's Moe-Moe all over again! The game is slated for its Japanese release in June and will not fail the Moe'ing fans' expectations of 3-D bouncing boobies and hot-blooded Robo-Action. The release will carry a 6800 yen + Tax price tag and, to no one's surprise, is rated for people(that is boys, men )15 and over.

The game will feature a story-driven play-through based on the animated series, as well as a fighting game aspect featuring one on one and tag-team modes. Extras will include a Survival Mode(Shizuru's Stand comes to mind), a Training Mode dubbed "Afterschool Battle Royale" and two dedicated Side Stories named
"Go to Anna no 'Ai no Monogatari'"--"Go and Anna's 'Love Story'" and
"Ken to Lou no 'Ai no Monogatari'"--"Ken and Lou's 'Sorrow Story'"
For those who haven't gotten the pun/wordplay yet: the pronounciations of "Love" and "Sorrow" are both "Ai."

Bundled with the game will be a DVD featuring a 100-minute Edition of the first season of "Shinkon Gattai Godannar."--not a bad deal
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 07:41   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Bundled with the game will be a DVD featuring a 100-minute Edition of the first season of "Shinkon Gattai Godannar."--not a bad deal
Hrm... looks like more and more creators are bundling games with anime episodes... (hack, Gunslinger Girl to name a few). I find this new idea kind of neat. You have some pre-made footage to enjoy and then you can fool around on your own
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 09:50   Link #3
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Hrm... looks like more and more creators are bundling games with anime episodes... (hack, Gunslinger Girl to name a few). I find this new idea kind of neat. You have some pre-made footage to enjoy and then you can fool around on your own
The new way of marketing realy appeals for me for one particular reason, you can live the action and story of the anime. Bundleing the anime along with the game is a great way reignite the anime fan in all of us and especialy after watching your favourite anime. I my case I'm just waiting for my friend to get me gunslinger girl vol.1, just itching to shoot some mafia in a Europian back drop
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 11:01   Link #4
LynnieS

Yes, but how good will the game be, though? Will it be worth the money spent, or will it be a complete waste?

/me am waiting for "Super Robot Teisen MX" to come out.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:47   Link #5
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Yes, but how good will the game be, though? Will it be worth the money spent, or will it be a complete waste?

/me am waiting for "Super Robot Teisen MX" to come out.
While the Godannar game is of unknown quality at the moment, I have just blown about $90 USD 6 days ago for purchase and shipping of SRW: MX--you can expect a lengthy post from me when it gets here in a week or so. The posting style will either be in:
A) Raving fanboy who's just had his last fix
B) Calmed and cool analysis of the pros and cons of SRW: MX
C) Disapointed bashing plus whining.

It all depends
Old 2004-05-27, 07:38   Link #6
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
While the Godannar game is of unknown quality at the moment, I have just blown about $90 USD 6 days ago for purchase and shipping of SRW: MX--you can expect a lengthy post from me when it gets here in a week or so. The posting style will either be in:
A) Raving fanboy who's just had his last fix
B) Calmed and cool analysis of the pros and cons of SRW: MX
C) Disapointed bashing plus whining.

It all depends

Ah. I might just beat you then. I'm going to look for it in Akihabara this weekend. The promotional FMV that shops were showing looked very nice with the special effects and all, IMHO, but the SD robots took a bit of getting used to, though.
Old 2004-05-27, 08:47   Link #7
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS

Ah. I might just beat you then. I'm going to look for it in Akihabara this weekend. The promotional FMV that shops were showing looked very nice with the special effects and all, IMHO, but the SD robots took a bit of getting used to, though.
I actually I thought the illustrations are "a little bigger" this time around--bigger than even the 2nd Alpha--While I don't know why they started using SD in the first place, I have to agree that it works. Just vague remember that "actual-sized" Neo SRW--god that was ugly. Add it to the stale BGMs and horrific PSOne loading speed--It was a nightmare whose saving grace was it's robo-story integrations.

I wonder though--just how long will it take for Banpu to make another SRW that includes Godannar? One of the first thing that popped into my mind when I was watching the first episode of Godannar is: "This thing is made for SRW in its every aspect." Seeing how they've managed to have bouncing boobies nicely planted in The 2nd Alpha , I don't see why it won't happen come the next installment
Old 2004-05-27, 10:56   Link #8
LynnieS

"Godannar"'s partner pairs would make a good fit into the SRT universe. Get in trouble, call in your partner, merge, attack, add some FMV jiggling , and repeat.

The commercials aired for the "Godannar" PS2 game didn't look very good in terms of graphics. The edges seemed very jagged. Large animated jagged breasts... The mind reels in shock and horror.