AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-08, 14:15   Link #561
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
THANK YOU! So he's Accelerator? How does Raishin and Yaya match up against those dolls with cheat-like abilities? Or has he just not fought them due to some ass pull?
Yes, but he can only control his own body vectors.

Raishin and Yaya actually manage to almost totally destroy Shin at the end of volume 4, but this was thanks to the Magic Activity Dissonance Theory, where he ended up being no stronger than a normal human at some point for only a moment, on which Yaya could deal the fatal blow.

Volume 4 shows more automata like him, from Germany, the Kreuzritter. All of these automata are also equipped with the same magic circuit as Shin, Fragarach. Although Shin is considered a MK4 version, meaning he's the strongest of them all.

Of course as of volume 7, Shin is no longer strong enough to beat neither Yaya nor Raishin.

Last edited by wAzure; 2014-09-08 at 14:28.
wAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 21:04   Link #562
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wAzure View Post
Yes, but he can only control his own body vectors.

Raishin and Yaya actually manage to almost totally destroy Shin at the end of volume 4, but this was thanks to the Magic Activity Dissonance Theory, where he ended up being no stronger than a normal human at some point for only a moment, on which Yaya could deal the fatal blow.

Volume 4 shows more automata like him, from Germany, the Kreuzritter. All of these automata are also equipped with the same magic circuit as Shin, Fragarach. Although Shin is considered a MK4 version, meaning he's the strongest of them all.

Of course as of volume 7, Shin is no longer strong enough to beat neither Yaya nor Raishin.
It just seems so inconceivable that he could win with Yaya's mundane ability. Coul you give us a short description of how they handled cheat abilities?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 00:37   Link #563
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
It just seems so inconceivable that he could win with Yaya's mundane ability.
It really isn't that inconceivable. It is mentioned at some point that attacks that extinguish matter itself such as Luster Cannon and insanely strong and consecutive blows are enough to pierce through Fragarach. Yaya being the latter here.

There's more to Yaya's circuit aside from what the viewer does see. Horned-Yaya is far stronger than Shin and there's also the fact that Raishin himself hadn't mastered Kongouriki at the time they had to fight him either. Raishin's incomplete kouyokujin also boosts Yaya's strength immensely, to the point of making Loki seriously think he'd lose if he ever used that technique against him.

Quote:
Coul you give us a short description of how they handled cheat abilities?
If you're talking about the Fragarach magic circuit, then Charl had to use some of her strongest magic on Sigmund, making him a huge dragon (yes, more than what he already was) to kill two of these automata. Loki actually had to attack the puppeteers to win the battle. Both Charl and Loki were fighting the MK3 series if I'm not mistaken.

Raishin, like I said, made use of the Magic Activity Dissonance Theory to strike for a moment in which Shin had lost his abilities.
Alice was casting her illusion magic on Shin, this basically rendered Fragarach useless, since “two different magic can’t exist within the same body”.
Old 2014-09-11, 08:04   Link #564
bakato

Quote:
It really isn't that inconceivable. It is mentioned at some point that attacks that extinguish matter itself such as Luster Cannon and insanely strong and consecutive blows are enough to pierce through Fragarach. Yaya being the latter here.

There's more to Yaya's circuit aside from what the viewer does see. Horned-Yaya is far stronger than Shin and there's also the fact that Raishin himself hadn't mastered Kongouriki at the time they had to fight him either. Raishin's incomplete kouyokujin also boosts Yaya's strength immensely, to the point of making Loki seriously think he'd lose if he ever used that technique against him.

If you're talking about the Fragarach magic circuit, then Charl had to use some of her strongest magic on Sigmund, making him a huge dragon (yes, more than what he already was) to kill two of these automata. Loki actually had to attack the puppeteers to win the battle. Both Charl and Loki were fighting the MK3 series if I'm not mistaken.

Raishin, like I said, made use of the Magic Activity Dissonance Theory to strike for a moment in which Shin had lost his abilities.
Alice was casting her illusion magic on Shin, this basically rendered Fragarach useless, since “two different magic can’t exist within the same body”.
When you say the Magic Activity Dissonance Theory do you mean that theory Yaya made use of by getting her blood on the opponent? Seems like an ass pull of a move.

Also, I recall Shin calling himself a machine doll, implying he's different from standard automata.
Old 2014-09-11, 20:01   Link #565
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
When you say the Magic Activity Dissonance Theory do you mean that theory Yaya made use of by getting her blood on the opponent? Seems like an ass pull of a move.

Also, I recall Shin calling himself a machine doll, implying he's different from standard automata.
When I say Magic Activity Dissonance I am talking about the absolute rule about magic in this universe. Two different types of magic can't exist within the same body at the same time.

If you read my post, I already told you what happened during their fight. Alice was using her own illusion magic on Shin's body, which following the golden rule here, rendered Shin unable to use any other magic. By extend I hope you understand that while being under Alice's magic effects (illusion magic) Shin couldn't activate his own magic circuit (Fragarach) because two different types of magic can't exist within the same body at the same time.

Raishin made Yaya release a shock wave that ruptured Shin's eardrums since he was basically like a normal human under the effects of the illusion magic. Raishin aimed for this moment, and Alice didn't think he'd figure out what was going on (Because Alice was basically making Shin appear and disappear with her illusion magic, which made Raishin think Shin was moving way too fast, but evidently as you can see, it was all over when he figured out what was really going on.)

Shin said he was a machine doll, but he evidently isn't. As of volume 7, 'Machine Doll' is someone considered to be a 'perfect being'. Shin is just Germany’s misconception of that idea.

TL;DR
Shin isn't a machine doll, Raishin won rupturing Shin's eardrums by making Yaya attack when he couldn't activate his magic circuit thanks to the Magic Activity Dissonance theory.
Old 2014-09-11, 20:27   Link #566
bakato

Quote:
When I say Magic Activity Dissonance I am talking about the absolute rule about magic in this universe. Two different types of magic can't exist within the same body at the same time.

If you read my post, I already told you what happened during their fight. Alice was using her own illusion magic on Shin's body, which following the golden rule here, rendered Shin unable to use any other magic. By extend I hope you understand that while being under Alice's magic effects (illusion magic) Shin couldn't activate his own magic circuit (Fragarach) because two different types of magic can't exist within the same body at the same time.

Raishin made Yaya release a shock wave that ruptured Shin's eardrums since he was basically like a normal human under the effects of the illusion magic. Raishin aimed for this moment, and Alice didn't think he'd figure out what was going on (Because Alice was basically making Shin appear and disappear with her illusion magic, which made Raishin think Shin was moving way too fast, but evidently as you can see, it was all over when he figured out what was really going on.)

Shin said he was a machine doll, but he evidently isn't. As of volume 7, 'Machine Doll' is someone considered to be a 'perfect being'. Shin is just Germany’s misconception of that idea.

TL;DR
Shin isn't a machine doll, Raishin won rupturing Shin's eardrums by making Yaya attack when he couldn't activate his magic circuit thanks to the Magic Activity Dissonance theory.
Yeah, but I was referring to what Raishin and Yaya did when they fought other opponents with cheat abilities that didn't seemed impossible to beat with something as mundane as super strength.

So next question. Kimberly and that school doctor guy. What's their story?
Old 2014-09-11, 23:22   Link #567
wAzure
Yaya's

Quote:
Yeah, but I was referring to what Raishin and Yaya did when they fought other opponents with cheat abilities that didn't seemed impossible to beat with something as mundane as super strength.

So next question. Kimberly and that school doctor guy. What's their story?
And I’ll keep reapeating Yaya’s Kongouriki isn’t mundane . It is actually really handy whenever Raishin casts its effects on himself. Especially given their fighting style. The setsugetsuka dolls (Yaya, Komurasaki, Irori) are really, really strong after all. Irori alone was able to pulverize Shin practically on her own, and this part is already translated, by the way.

Kimberly and Cruel go a long way back. From all I've read so far(vol7), Cruel appears to have feelings for her, but Kimberly no longer cares about him (Writing 'no longer' because apparently she used to, when they were younger).

All that's ever mentioned is that Cruel used to be some kind of soldier and that Kimberly used to hate everything related to magic with all her soul. Incidentally, it's also been mentioned that Kimberly is also working in something that involves a machine doll. She paid Cruel to keep an eye on Raishin after all.
Old 2014-09-15, 05:16   Link #568
tuckersister

What is currently happening in the story?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 08:08   Link #569
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
What is currently happening in the story?
I checked wikipedia, which had a surprising amount of information. As of volume 13, everything's went to hell. There was a civil war and the academy was attack by the royal army. The headmaster was captured and Sigmund (or was it Sigurd) was defeated and appropriated.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-09-15 at 09:27.
Old 2014-09-15, 08:41   Link #570
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
I checked wikipedia, which had a surprising amount of information. As of volume 13, everything's went to hell. There was a civil war and the academy was attack by the foyal army. The headmaster was captured and Sigmund (or was it Sigurd) was defeated and appropriated.
That info's outdated.I still haven't read vol 13 because I'm too busy but in vol 12
Spoiler for vol 12:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-09-15 at 09:24.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 09:03   Link #571
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
That info's outdated.I still haven't read vol 13 because I'm too busy but in vol 12
Spoiler for vol 12:
But didn't Shouko make Yaya and her sisters from her own flesh?
Old 2014-09-15, 09:22   Link #572
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
But didn't Shouko make Yaya and her sisters from her own flesh?
I'm not quite sure about how she did it, but at the end of vol 12,
Spoiler for vol 12:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 09:27   Link #573
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
I'm not quite sure about how she did it, but at the end of vol 12,
Spoiler for vol 12:
I see, but could this possibly be a hint at what a machine doll, a perfect existence, is? Maybe the ultimate end of the series will be Yaya becoming a complete human.
Old 2014-09-16, 05:27   Link #574
tuckersister

Anything else about Volume 13?
Old 2014-10-28, 08:36   Link #575
Nishaven

What happens in volume 0? They didn't translate it at Baka-Tsuki
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 06:10   Link #576
tuckersister

Volume 0 is basically Yaya before becoming an automaton.
Old 2014-11-26, 03:31   Link #577
UMDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Anything else about Volume 13?
Spoiler:

What do you mean by "ass pull", Bakato?

Last edited by UMDP; 2014-11-26 at 03:57. Reason: Forgot to add spoiler.
UMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 03:49   Link #578
UMDP

Quote:
I checked wikipedia, which had a surprising amount of information. As of volume 13, everything's went to hell. There was a civil war and the academy was attack by the royal army. The headmaster was captured and Sigmund (or was it Sigurd) was defeated and appropriated.
Spoiler:
UMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 06:31   Link #579
tuckersister

Who is "Silver Violet"?
Old 2014-12-19, 00:40   Link #580
vienx

want some spoiler please,,
until vol 13,, does he get new automaton ??
vienx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatons, edwardian era, fantasy, harem, kikou shoujo, machine doll, shounen