AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-03-17, 23:57   Link #21
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yes, the realm of the Diablo franchise still has the capacity for more story and plot, but let's be honest to ourselves, who really played the Diablo series for the story? We all played for the action-RPG genre experience that the Diablo games defined and honed: the compulsive click-click-click hack'n'slash towards that one more level, and the addicting hunt and hoarding for better items. That said, a game need not have the title "Diablo" to deliver that kind of experience. If you just want more of that formula, no need to wait for Diablo 3. There are well rated and praised Diablo clones, to satisfy those who want more of "Diablo". Some games such as Divine Divinity, Dungeon Seige 1&2, and Fate.

Frankly, I'm just waiting for Oblivion, which looks to be the next big thing. It's going to be out on Monday.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-03-18 at 01:33.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 07:58   Link #22
Ending

Quote:
Three words: World of Warcraft
Minus pay-to-play. Or the initial software-fee. One or the other. Of course, if it is anything like THIS, it's sure as "hell" that it will be a flop.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm just waiting for Oblivion,
Same, but that doesn't mean we can't have the fun of 'speculation.'
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 10:00   Link #23
Grees
Ehhh

Blizzard is way to busy with milking out WoW that they won't have time for anything else for a long time to come. Also there is Starcraft Ghost that Blizzard is gonna finish first before thinking about Diablo 3
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 12:08   Link #24
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
Blizzard is way to busy with milking out WoW that they won't have time for anything else for a long time to come. Also there is Starcraft Ghost that Blizzard is gonna finish first before thinking about Diablo 3
Starcraft Ghost seems kinda dead in the water; the last time I saw any images or video of it, it didn't look too impressive (bootsguy ) and with the PS3 coming out later this year they don't really have much time left given that it's only a PS2 game.

I did hear somewhere that Blizzard had actually started hiring for Diablo 3, so I don't think it's completely impossible that they might be thinking about it already. I'd much rather see Starcraft 2 though - even if it was just the WC3 engine with SC units plus some new additions and a new storyline, that'd be better than nothing. I bet the Koreans would eat it up.
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:48   Link #25
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
honestly i would absolutly love another diablo game, i was absolutly adicted to it, and id still would be, but i cant find my discs to reinstall it.
Wakoeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 05:09   Link #26
neoko

The expectation of starcraft is too high, they would need to come up with something new, that lots of people willl like. Until they find it, no sc2.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 15:45   Link #27
DioHeavenwater

Send a message via AIM to DioHeavenwater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
There's still a lot of story to tell after DII, in fact, DII:LoD had an open ending... In short, I think that Baal has a possibility in coming back (him being the youngest (and maybe even strongest) of the three brothers).
But still, enough story to make a third game with the Horadrim and all too
Just my opinion
I agree learning more about the ancient Horadrim would be spectacular. Just one thing... you said that Baal was the youngest, that is wrong, Diablo is the Youngest of the three, Mephisto is the oldest and Baal is the middle. Which would explain why he is indeed the strongest. = P

Though there are many avenues that could be followed to create a third game, one of which being that the lesser evils rise up and replace the prime evils and their underlings. If you think about it, there are open possibilities for a third game should blizzard decide to make one. But for now I think that they should just concentrate on SC:Ghost... DAMN am I tired of wating for that one....
DioHeavenwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 01:45   Link #28
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

It's important to remember that most of the Diablo and Starcraft creators don't work at Blizzard anymore.
Allot of does guys left to ArenaNet! Who makes Guild Wars( http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+wars+gamespot )

GW has been called a spiritual sequel for D3. Though they have some very different design sheets.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:33   Link #29
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

After eem... 2 years i am bringing back to life Diablo I was so addicted to this game in 2001 and 2002 but when i played it the other day, something was bothering me... Characters are standing on the place you send them, they don't auto-attack their opponents, and suddenly you got like 40 enemies targeting at one and you have a total useless character, and all you can do is run and hope you escape them in time didn't help in my case... in the end like 60 opponents where following me like puppies
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 21:30   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes in Diablo you don't auto-attack... how could you have forgoten that "wonderful" experience.
Old 2008-04-17, 07:13   Link #31
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I don't see why they would. Diablo's gone, Mephisto's gone, Baal's gone....Who are they gonna use? Some random demon or evil wizard?
Technically a beta was released for Diablo 3: Hell on Earth a long time ago. I believe it dealt with Tal'Rasha, who you release in Act II and never see again. It would be way easy to resurrect Diablo who cant die and has proven to endure despite being killed several times over.

However, Bill Roeper and his team (who used to work at Blizzard North) created thier own studio called Flagship I think and they are doing very very well for themselves. I'm pretty sure they own some of the rights for Diablo and thus the chances of Diablo 3 making a comeback is slim.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 08:16   Link #32
LoSs

lol@necromancers
LoSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 16:48   Link #33
Ending

There is no necromancy on Animesuki. On the contrary: it's the norm.

Anyway, I haven't read any news concerning D3, but I saw a new banner with the "Diablo 3" logo on their official site a little while ago. So I'm guessing that once Starcraft 2 has been finished, Diablo 3 is coming next. Perhaps in about three years.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 11:20   Link #34
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Yes in Diablo you don't auto-attack... how could you have forgoten that "wonderful" experience.
Yes you do, it's called Bowazon and Strafe XD

There's always a chance of D3 story wise. IP belongs to Blizzard so they can easily create more plot. The ending of D2 xpac left that possibility open.
Old 2008-05-12, 12:52   Link #35
THX

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RK- View Post
Technically a beta was released for Diablo 3: Hell on Earth a long time ago. I believe it dealt with Tal'Rasha, who you release in Act II and never see again. It would be way easy to resurrect Diablo who cant die and has proven to endure despite being killed several times over.

However, Bill Roeper and his team (who used to work at Blizzard North) created thier own studio called Flagship I think and they are doing very very well for themselves. I'm pretty sure they own some of the rights for Diablo and thus the chances of Diablo 3 making a comeback is slim.
Flagship doesn't own the rights to Diablo, Blizzard does; otherwise I'm sure Roeper would have made Diablo 3 instead of Hellgate

It's almost a certainty that Diablo 3 will be released within the next 5 years, at some point Blizzard will have to slowly begin to replace WoW with something newer and better, otherwise another company will create a game to replace it (imagine GTA as a MMORPG )

I loved Diablo 1 & 2, so I will be anxiously awaiting its release once it is announced.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:39   Link #36
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSs View Post
lol@necromancers
too many necromancers here but most of them really count(i.e infused new data, provided more insights, etc.) so it really doesnt matter most of the time.... i think

anyways i played diablo 2 and was addicted to it until i finished the game, then it went meh... i never really cared for the story because the gameplay itself was immersing.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 19:19   Link #37
kimchipride
Geass User

Diablo 3

It's coming

"Hell has froze over"
http://www.blizzard.com

http://www.sclegacy.com/showthread.php?t=150
Old 2008-06-24, 03:28   Link #38
kimchipride
Geass User

"The url of the images begins with us.media.blizzard.com/232309/

Why 232309? If we assume that the numbers correspond to the letters in the alphabet we get 232309=WWI ... ring a bell? :-) World Wide Invitational
23 = W
23 = W
09 = I
Anyway the "hidden" picture is called 04.jpg. (http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg)
My guess is that tomorrow we'll see a picture called 09.jpg, then on Wednesday 01.jpg ....

Today is 04.jpg = D
if Tomorrow will be 09.jpg = I (if its not, maybe not diablo at all Tongue)
Wednesday will be 01.jpg = A
Thursday will be 02.jpg = B
Friday will be 12.jpg = L
Saturday will be 15.jpg = O (June 28 WWI 1st Day, Good to announce here also.)
Sunday will be 3.jpg = 3 or three.jpg or whichever. = (June 29 WII 2nd Day, and B-day of Diablo, more better to announce here.)" Quote from Diablofans.com

Blizzard has had 04.jpg and 15.jpg so far which represents the D and O for Diablo.
Diablo 3 will be announced at the 2008 WWI. I'd bet money on this
Old 2008-06-24, 04:16   Link #39
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Ooooh... new splash screen! LOL

Too much speculation for me to handle for now... I'll eagerly wait for some more info.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 04:26   Link #40
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh boy, here comes more hack/smash/explodey dungeon crawling.

Hope Necro makes it back.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler