Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 20:17   Link #1
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Naruto ch197 Manga Summary *SPOILERS!*

Here's the highly awaited chapter:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2003-12-12 at 20:30.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 20:33   Link #2
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
that chapter felt really short, it just ended the fight between neji and spider semen ^_^

i'm just happy neji didnt die and won ^_^ i dont think that was 64 hands of hakke(didnt see the grid)

and flipguy thinks rock lee will be ok^_^ dont remember weather the operation already started but if it has maybe hes already healed or this could be a sign that he will be back in action soon(dont really care bout him but many ppl seem to like him)
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 20:39   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Maybe that picture should have been one of Rock Lee and Gai, to continue with the "most important person" series of pictures that we've been having of late. I love those, I wish Kishimoto would collect them into a book or something.
Old 2003-12-12, 21:12   Link #4
Alchemist

Question

Well, did he kill the bastard!?

Does Kidomorou just 'revert' back to normal? any signs of massive unimaginable suffering? He deserves it!

I do hope that the story line takes a different 'path' then these one-on-one fights from now on; something interesting like a jounin joining them or an-all out free-for-all fight breaking out will be much cooler then one fight taking up over a month... Although I guess two of the sounds are dead now so there should only be two left.
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 21:43   Link #5
dimdog

Send a message via AIM to dimdog
i hate to say it...but im pretty sure neji is dead....cause...notice, how in the last frame, they DIDNT show his head(the seal), so in reality, neji could very well be dead(and the seal would disappear), im pretty sure it was intentional not to show it. so im gonan bet that neji is dead
dimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 22:00   Link #6
Alchemist

Just in case somebody missed it, the RAW for 197 is out!

*downloading*
Old 2003-12-12, 22:00   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimdog
i hate to say it...but im pretty sure neji is dead....cause...notice, how in the last frame, they DIDNT show his head(the seal), so in reality, neji could very well be dead(and the seal would disappear), im pretty sure it was intentional not to show it. so im gonan bet that neji is dead
lol it's the exact reason which shows that Neji is alive
If he would die, the manga would have shown his seal slowly erased for the dramatic intensity.

In this case it's just for that the readers wonders : Oh my god! Did Neji die?!

edit :
Quote:
Just in case somebody missed it, the RAW for 197 is out!
Noooooooo?
I'm amazed to learn that in a thread about the chapter 197.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 22:04   Link #8
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimdog
Don't worry they'll just wish him back to life with the dragon balls.
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 22:22   Link #9
Alchemist

Quote:
Noooooooo?
I'm amazed to learn that in a thread about the chapter 197.

So reading a topic about chapter 197 magically wires all available info to the readers' brains?

My post was merely a notice to anyone who missed it, that's it. I did not scream "OMG!! OMG 197 RAW IS OUT OMG!!!"
Old 2003-12-12, 22:36   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist

So reading a topic about chapter 197 magically wires all available info to the readers' brains?
Not magically, but by logic yeah.
To read the summary of a guy having read the chapter 197 is generally a good indication about the fact that the chapter is out hmm?
Old 2003-12-12, 22:59   Link #11
AnimeFangirl

No, I think Alchemist means the raw is out on the Internet and available for download. However the starter of the thread probably read the chapter in Weekly Shounen Jump (on paper!!) as it is meant to be. Therefore the existence of this thread does not automatically imply the existence of a downloadable raw. Alchemist is therefore right.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:30   Link #12
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Well, looks like a cool chapter.
Crap, Shika's father didn't come to save Neji
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 23:37   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Actually Dorfl you can bet that Village Idiot has read the scan which is out something like 4h ago (ie 1h max after that Weekly Shounen Jump was out )

But enough of that, nobody care anyway ^^

This chapter was pretty predictable but still good, actually I think that it was one of my favorite fight in the whole series.

Neji win against someone far stronger than him, but it was his cleverness which enabled him to win.
Not some kind of pills

Who will be the next one to fight? I bet on Kiba ^^
Old 2003-12-13, 00:03   Link #14
eLstar
(^_^)v

It was great that they didn't do the "ultimate attack that's also a double edged sword!" on us again. Neji is a good fighter, but I dunno, it seems weird that he could defeat a high ranked ninja but I guess it's all good because if they don't start beating up bad guys that aren't their age then we'll never be able to see the good fights.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 00:19   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Looks like Neji pulled it out and will survive. Still he's pretty badly injured and could die if he doesn't get treatment soon. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to head for konoha instead of chasing after the rest of the team.
Neji put all his remaining chakara into one strike at Kidomaru's head. Considering how Neji's gentile fist works, kidomaru's brain must be liquified. I have to wonder though, why Neji didn't do that in the first place? If he had just done something like that instead of the 64 hands of hakke, Neji would have won without too much difficulty. of course then we'd miss out on the fight and would have never seen Kidomaru's level 2 form.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 00:25   Link #16
Kabuto

THis only means one thing. Neji is at the same level as a mid level jounin. Speed strength and intelligence

Neji is just a kickass Character.

Now imagine how much Shino has grown. He already considered himself a Chuuin right after the exam ended and now hes doing missions with his dad. He must be at the jounin level now.

How much Chakara does neji have? He was continuously releasing chakara while using his Bakary....(don't know how to spell it) and doing his heavenly multiple amount of times.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 00:54   Link #17
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
you guys dont remember, it took two level 2 sound nins to beat ONE jounin, and one of the jounins only had one arm, they arent mid level jounin, they're high level chuunin, LOW level, and i mean low level jounin at best, and they were beat exausted afterwards, they struggled hard two on one
Old 2003-12-13, 01:30   Link #18
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well i am glad this fight ended this way but i dont know i feel that this chapter would look better if it was in the anime and it was really nice the way that he defeated spiderman i hope that he is alright

EDIT: I hope neji is alright not spiderman

Last edited by whatever123; 2003-12-13 at 02:03.
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 01:40   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
you guys dont remember, it took two level 2 sound nins to beat ONE jounin, and one of the jounins only had one arm, they arent mid level jounin, they're high level chuunin, LOW level, and i mean low level jounin at best, and they were beat exausted afterwards, they struggled hard two on one
I don't think they ever said what level the 4 sound-nins are. They are Orochimaru's personal guard, but their speciality seems to be seals, and not combat. Personally I think they're low level jounin. They were able to form that barrier seal during the invasion of konoha which kept even the elite jounin from interfering with Oro's fight against the 3rd, so that has to say something about their strength.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 02:51   Link #20
Kabuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
The guy with the stick in his mouth was an upper level Jounin but not an elite jounin. His friend was a mid level jounin. The 2 guys that were in the 4 man team that were not injured was reg nurse jounins. That was why they were so surprised that the guy with the stick in his mouth was even injured. They were really surprised.

but Kamui is right, Oro's sluts were made to form seals not really fight for him. He has kabuto for that.

Now sasuke is powerful to begin with. But his curse lvl 1 power's was not even as strong as a upper lvl chuunin. THis was shown when the 2 headed girl knock him down when she was also on lvl 1 curse.
Maybe the curse seal will make his Sharingan better.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote