AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 00:31   Link #1
guess

Commercial video editing software?

I figure that there are so many fansub groups, there must be many people using video editing software. I am looking for commercially available sofware, because I don't think there would be free software for this, for simple edition of video clips. For example, I want to record some TV programs with TV tuner in my laptop. Then I want to cut off the commercial advertisement part and paste it together. If it can do subtitles and compress video files so to save some space, that will be a plus but not required. The software has to be easy to use and as cheap as possible. Adobe video editing software (premier?) is too expensive and too complicated to learn. Please recommend video editing software you think is suitable for this purpose. Thank you.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:58   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kdenlive on the Linux, BSD, and Mac platforms gets decent reviews, and it's free.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:16   Link #3
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

commercial cheap video editor i say Magix Movie Edit Pro http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAGIX_Movie_Edit_Pro , since i heard this is commonly use on http://www.animemusicvideos.org you can ask on that site for more infos if you want

P.S. their is an upcoming high class video editor that will be free and open source called LightWorks - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightworks but its not yet ready for all out video editing
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 03:24   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

fansubbers do that kind of stuff mostly with avisynth and a whole collection of various free tools, but I guess that doesn't qualify as "easy to learn"

a lot of people seem to be using sony vegas to edit random video clips, but I cannot speak for its quality, since I've never used it.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 06:44   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
a lot of people seem to be using sony vegas to edit random video clips, but I cannot speak for its quality, since I've never used it.
Sony Vegas is not really recommended for people who have never done any video editing before because of the interface and short cut use.

If OP thought Premiere was complicated then he/she should not even try using Vegas because whereas Premiere still uses baby steps to do things Vegas is more orientated for people who know what they are doing and don't want to do many clicks in order to get where they want to be. It is a great program if you know where everything is and what they do.

But both are rather big programs for what OP wants imo. Too many features that OP doesn't want to use.
And if OP could learn Premiere then he could work with basically any edit program because they all use the same basics, Premiere is just easier orientated for a beginner.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:21   Link #6
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Sony Vegas is not really recommended for people who have never done any video editing before because of the interface and short cut use.

If OP thought Premiere was complicated then he/she should not even try using Vegas because whereas Premiere still uses baby steps to do things Vegas is more orientated for people who know what they are doing and don't want to do many clicks in order to get where they want to be. It is a great program if you know where everything is and what they do.

But both are rather big programs for what OP wants imo. Too many features that OP doesn't want to use.
And if OP could learn Premiere then he could work with basically any edit program because they all use the same basics, Premiere is just easier orientated for a beginner.
Funny, from my research on the internet, Adobe Premiere is more difficult than sony vegas. Sony vegas is for beginners.
Old 2012-05-02, 04:12   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Funny, from my research on the internet, Adobe Premiere is more difficult than sony vegas. Sony vegas is for beginners.
I never had that impression, but there are things that are easier such as the render settings which was always a nightmare with Premiere. But Premiere interface is just much easier as a beginner.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote