AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-05, 16:28   Link #201
no97emotions
Anime Member

In that episod L died... It was really painful... I loved him so much... I paint L every day... Oh he is so lovely....
Old 2010-06-16, 18:32   Link #202
Raitozaki

I personally liked episode 25. It wasn't amazing, but it was okay. There was the fanservice (lol), and the obvious details-- so it was kind of a bittersweet episode as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2010-11-18, 20:23   Link #203
CigsAreMyApples

by far the strongest episode of the series...
i was lucky to not know what was about to happen... though i had a feeling L would die before Light so Ryuk could finish the job...

i remember being slightly absent at first because the plot lost some pace in previous episodes imo. then L's flashbacks misslead me into thinking he realizes that he's stuck, he needs a plan B, maybe help, maybe disappear to save his own ass and then strike back later... cuz it's the middle of the series, he can't die already etc... yet i had my doubts because he kept being so unusually melancholic.

then during the rain scene i was literally freaking out like: omg, where is this going? a truely brilliant scene - using a religious image to create a sudden intimacy between the 2 - it's completely plausible for the characters to at some point show their sympathy for one another.
the innuendos could be fan-service, for me it's more than that: makes perfect sense to have this love-hate-thing going on considering they're both kind of soulmates/enemies in society. or was L perhabs trying to evoke this feeling in Light in order for him to give up?

and when it actually happened i was amused/sad/shocked at the same time. somehow i was still waiting for a twist, that made it unexpected for me after all.
and Light being emotionally torn between grief and mad euphoria - awesome.

anyways as good as this episode was, they made a huge sacrifice. L should've died later or the series should've finished quicker imo. instead they replaced L with similar characters and tried the whole thing again... meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
I think L was implying that Light never told the truth since he was born, which I don't know if it's true. He did say he and Light were similiar.
L and Light are both strategists/geniuses. the thing is, if you're smart enough to know how to use the people around you to you're advantage, you have no choice but manipulating them and lying to them. cuz in the end you wanna find out how good you really are right?
now the big difference between L and Light is that L is actually quite self-aware. he's the one using his talent in a proper job instead of going mad. he's mostly one step behind in the case but one step ahead emotionally.

i think in this scene L is questioning his own actions (which is normal, facing death) and most of all his methods which are equal to Light's. the resemblance to his enemy is already the answer to his question: all humans are beyond good and evil. i think confronting Light is L's last attempt to rise doubts in him as well, like: maybe creating an ideal world doesn't work out because it would be against human nature etc... sadly he fails to do so...
Closed Thread