AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-03, 14:22   Link #941
zero7090

actually nabel can pretty much solo 1 or 2 skeleton dragon. The problem was Kajit keep standing behind and heal them with "Ray of Negative Energy", especially that orb he held is very compatible with his strat.

ps: i can't believe they spoiled about entoma in special 5. Meh i guess it will only be spoiler if the show get another season.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 17:45   Link #942
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wonder if some people are watching this show, expecting a boy's journey archetype story, like most shonen series are...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 19:45   Link #943
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The ANN review for this episode was particularly retarded with a huge double standard talking about how it would've been fine if Clementine was a guy but since it was a female it was like glorifying rape .
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 19:47   Link #944
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The ANN review for this episode was particularly retarded with a huge double standard talking about how it would've been fine if Clementine was a guy but since it was a female it was like glorifying rape .
please tell me that 's a joke
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 19:51   Link #945
IceHism

Quote:
I'm reading this and i'm not seeing what you're saying
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...isode-9/.92403
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 20:57   Link #946
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I'm reading this and i'm not seeing what you're saying
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...isode-9/.92403
i don't see it either.
Old 2015-09-03, 21:15   Link #947
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Meant to say the discussion from the episode review.

Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 21:24   Link #948
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
To be fair, it was noticed by a single commenter. No one else thought of it as such until said commenter said so.

So no. Just bizarre and unwarranted white-knighting or SJW-lite for a character that deserves no pity.
Old 2015-09-03, 23:39   Link #949
prototype_sky

Quote:
Meant to say the discussion from the episode review.

prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 00:02   Link #950
human6861

So she said 2 guy yaoi scene is "sadistically amusing" . It's scary !!!
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 00:11   Link #951
chaos_animagic

I think we all know which "commenter" that reviewer is pointing at for saying "hot"

LOL

man... ppls are crazy... rape? who gives a damn, that girl killed bunch of people and tortured another girl slowly to her death.
we could technically say the other girl got "raped" (in game term) to death by this girl too if we wanted.
She DESERVED to be raped. (even tho it's not rape)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 00:35   Link #952
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
To be fair, it was noticed by a single commenter. No one else thought of it as such until said commenter said so.

So no. Just bizarre and unwarranted white-knighting or SJW-lite for a character that deserves no pity.
Remember the Okarin Punch talk started by that one guy? Embarrassing times that was. Some people just dont look at the whole picture and the context and are just happy drumming up outrage to make themselve feel better, trying to enforce the idea that women in fiction are untouchable creatures and are off-limits.

Last edited by Sheba; 2015-09-04 at 00:55.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 03:37   Link #953
cyth
Banned

That guy/girl is trolling, lol.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 06:39   Link #954
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I wonder if some people are watching this show, expecting a boy's journey archetype story, like most shonen series are...
I don't see how that is the case? Besides there are plenty of shounen series that avoid that theme without the lead being OP (instead they're an Experienced Protagonist) in the last few years. This season alone (without counting past seasons) has atleast 2 adaptations that fit that criteria.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 07:54   Link #955
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I don't see how that is the case? Besides there are plenty of shounen series that avoid that theme without the lead being OP (instead they're an Experienced Protagonist) in the last few years. This season alone (without counting past seasons) has atleast 2 adaptations that fit that criteria.
Well, the author has stated his goal is to cast the main cast as villian from the reader's perspecitive, and the world is one where stregnth/might makes right.
Old 2015-09-04, 08:06   Link #956
Iron Maw
Banned

All well and good, but my point is Overlord is far from the only story to buck the classical shounen structure. Frankly Ainz isn't an evil character anyway (everyone in Nazarick aside), at least as far as the what the adaptation portrayed. Amoral, fairly opportunistic, jerkass perhaps, but not a mustache twirler. Nor is he that way by choice, that is just how he's come into this world after lowing most of his humanity. He's an bon fide Anti-hero.
Old 2015-09-04, 08:08   Link #957
Key Board
Carbon

"Overlord" is honest advertising

It's kinda like an Overlord from Disgaea. They may have endearing traits, but at their core, they are a demon lord.

Always treat with caution, and never assume they are a good person.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 08:17   Link #958
Iron Maw
Banned

Villains having good or admirable traits isn't unusual at all. It's whether they're out to actively out to harm others for their own gain that makes them actual villains. Otherwise he or she is it's just a Gray character. That is typically what a Anti-hero is.
Old 2015-09-04, 08:22   Link #959
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Villains having good or admirable traits isn't unusual at all. It's whether they're out to actively out to harm others for their own gain that makes them actual villains. Otherwise he or she is it's just a Gray character.
Momo is primary focused on surviving, learning about the world, and finding his guildmate and other real player.

Most of the guardians, are focused on taking over the world for him, and if they have to kill everyone else in the world, that's fine by them, because they were created as evil beings.
Old 2015-09-04, 08:40   Link #960
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Rather than Anti-Hero, I'd be more inclined to call Ainz an Anti-Villain.

99% of the Nazarick NPCs are clearly just pure villains though xD.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote