AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 123 45.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 31.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 10.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 6.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.12%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 16:04   Link #41
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(´・∀・`)・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・?

Spoiler for ep5:
Spoiler for This episode of Umineko and Haruhi:
Old 2009-07-29, 16:05   Link #42
Isekaijin

Yeah DON'T EVEN DARE TO THINK ABOUT IT!

IT'S A CURSE, A CURSE I TELL YA!!

Like Oyashiro sama's but it dooms you to an eternity of suicidal thoughts.
Old 2009-07-29, 16:06   Link #43
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

After watching a proper raw, it was much easier to give comments:

Spoiler for impressions:

Ah... "it feels good man" I would say
That is certainly what I can call an adaptation, which makes me let them pass this episode with a 9, as promised.
I honestly hope they will keep such kind of scripting (minus maybe some changes ) for the future episodes.

as usual:
Episode 1-5: Screencaps, summary and comments

And this week's TIPS:

Episode 1-5: Fool's mate

I suggest you all to read the ending scroll, because it contains very important clues regarding the aftermath.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-29 at 20:03.
Old 2009-07-29, 16:09   Link #44
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So everyone comes back alive again...
Noooooo! Endless Eight's nightmare is reviving...![/SPOILER]
.... Don't say that kind of "jokes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Spoiler for This episode of Umineko and Haruhi:
+1
Old 2009-07-29, 16:35   Link #45
metronome
Mad Loli

first thing first....boobs! it will be the first thing u see instead of the appearance of beatrice...>.<
I just knew that beato apparently has large boobs~~the really really need to enlarge the boobs of beatrice in the picture above the epitaph, since it doesn't match.

well, I am surprised that not a lot of part from VN are cut considering the quality of episode 1 to 4.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-29, 16:59   Link #46
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Other than the omitted line from the Epitaph, "And on the 10th night, the Golden Witch shall be revived, all busts shall become DDs, and none shall be left alive", it was an epic episode.

Though, I think the "Purgitorio" mighta been helpful for first timers ;D
Old 2009-07-29, 17:04   Link #47
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This made me giggle for how well done it was. Giggle sort of like the very last line even.
Old 2009-07-29, 17:07   Link #48
Rias

As usual I'm starting from what I didn't like first
-Maria crazy faces. Okay it's not as bad as 1-2 or 1-4, but it's still popping up. Unless there really is Rokkenjima Syndrome, I don't see why she has to have that L5 face again. Unless Kon Chiaki actually believes that a face breaking down sells. Again, creepy/scary is good, overboard is not.

-Aftermath too short. While I don't know how important is the investigation by the police will be in the future, I find it a bit odd to just leave only have the bottle scene. Wouldn't the viewers wonder, "what happened to the younger group at the end!?"

Well that's the main things. Overall, it's a really good episode. The pacing is smooth and not much to complain about, especially when compared to the start. Things there were cut aren't too important, and rather there are some good cuts during the tea party parts. I'm looking forward to the next game, which hopefully they can keep the quality up.

And again, thanks to Higurashi, they have cut out the mentioning of dice rolls.
Old 2009-07-29, 17:20   Link #49
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I love crazy faces myself, but I'm weird. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Anyways, I just watched the raw and I LOVED it. So very, VERY epic~ The only thing I didn't love, was like others have mentioned, the boob shots. I mean, in previous episodes it never really bothered me.
But here... there were just some god damned WEIRD camera angles with them. It was distracting. I think whoever worked on this particular episode has a HUGE fetish ^^;.

Besides that, um.... Battler is so awesome ^_______^ <3 <3 <3 <3 ~~
Old 2009-07-29, 17:32   Link #50
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I' won't post a whole review since most people already raved about the good things in I-V. Dead Angle and Rougoku Strip made my day already. The big time was used properly, and we could hope that DEEN does this when they really have time.

Aside from the obvious boob shots and animation inconsistencies, I liked how everything turned out in this episode. The ending was good aside from the timeline problem, and lack of detail on Natsuhi's gun. The tea party transition was sudden, which is actually good in my book, because it gets the watcher confused on what's going on. I just hope they kept George and Jessica's "deny the witch" dialogue.

???? was well done IMO. Bernkastel's vague statement can be directed to the viewer, putting them in Battler's shoes, and playing the game Beatrice is about to weave starting from now. Even the anime adaptation becomes a game now.

10/10 from me.
Old 2009-07-29, 17:37   Link #51
chronotrig

Finally, an episode of Umineko where everything went right.
Yeah, there were a few annoy details with the face and the fanservice, but those really weren't the focus of this episode. Everything that should have been important looked important, and they managed the difficult job of taking the abstract and only loosely described Tea Parties and making a fully animated version without any obvious contradictions.

If they can keep this up for the later (and much, much better) Episodes, I think this series will easily surpass the Higurashi animes.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-07-29, 18:00   Link #52
Mikachiru
test

The best episode so far, hands down.

Pros:

- Smooth transision to Tea Party and ???
- No major cuts
- Maria's expressions weren't as deformed as 1-4...
- Kept BGM

Cons:

- Deen could do something about Jessica and Shannon's massive breast.
- Natsuhiiiiiiiiii!!!!

Easily 10/10. I hope the quality of this episode is present in the following episodes. XD
Old 2009-07-29, 18:09   Link #53
luckyssol

Another 10/10 episode, this anime is top quality.

-Natsuhi was killed immediately before they busted open the door. They actually saw her fall to the ground. This was kind of strange because you would think a person would either immediately go after the culprit or hide back in the parlor. Instead they seemed to just accept that either the culprit escaped or Beatrice's magic did it.

-Beatrice's voice voice was much lower than I expected but it fits nicely.

-So Bernkastel is talking to us viewers in the ???? and not Battler, that's interesting.
Old 2009-07-29, 18:22   Link #54
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
-So Bernkastel is talking to us viewers in the ???? and not Battler, that's interesting.
This issue is very ambiguous. Some people believe Battler was there, just that we couldn't see him, and Bern was talking directly to him. Others believe she's talking to the viewers. Truth is we may never know
Old 2009-07-29, 18:23   Link #55
Larrave

Very beautiful episode, it had everything it needed in the time.

Spoiler for Natsuhi:
Old 2009-07-29, 18:34   Link #56
Servant-Kanon
~* Ushiromiya Servant *~

I hope they enlarge the Boobies ... they are waaay too huge hahaha

Thumbs Up for the Episode

I-V gets 10 / 10

Can't wait for II-I

Worldend Dominator has to be in the second Arc ! I hope they won't forget to put it in ! D:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-29 at 19:13. Reason: not a real spoiler, but crossing the line too dangerously.
Old 2009-07-29, 18:46   Link #57
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Wonderful. The end of the first half was a tiny bit strangely done and lost a fair bit of the end scroll's impact, but I don't think Higurashi fans will care given the enormous bone (make that two) they're thrown.

Finally, the emotions of the characters are captured properly in the anime. This is great, and it's 10/10 for me.
Old 2009-07-29, 19:08   Link #58
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The Natsuhi gun scene's change was a bit surprising. I can't talk about it though.
Old 2009-07-29, 19:17   Link #59
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The changes in BOTH gun scenes were seriously surprising, really.
Old 2009-07-29, 19:21   Link #60
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Rewatching it, I noticed that Battler's height seems to be fixed (he's taller than George). The designs seem more faithful to the promotional materials.

Now only if they continue this for the rest of the episodes.
Closed Thread