Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Rerailing the thread: don't you guys think it is strange that:

Spoiler for regarding the plot of the movie:
Well, I think that's because:
Spoiler for Regarding the spoiler summary:
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 04:03   Link #43
fuff

it hasnt be confirmed yet if its a movie or not...
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 07:16   Link #44
TheGuraGuraMan

Didn't Warriorkk translated an official message saying that ?
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 07:39   Link #45
Dormin

I don't know if this has already been covered in this thread, but any ideas what kaku is going to cover?
Dormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 08:56   Link #46
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
I don't know if this has already been covered in this thread, but any ideas what kaku is going to cover?
It's an adaptation of the Higurashi Outbreak novel.
WarriorKK posted a summary of it on the second page.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 14:29   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'll certainly take more Higurashi. Of course will always have what's already been released, but I'm alright with them milking it a bit more.
Old 2012-12-25, 15:51   Link #48
TheGuraGuraMan

Personally, I would 100 time prefer having a remake of Kizuna on Ps3, but I think I'm asking too much.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 08:08   Link #49
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
'Takano and R07'
Couldn't that be actually someone's name though? Takano isn't exactly an uncommon name. Heck, the artist for Watanagashi/Meakashi-hen is named "Hojou". Could Takano be someone from Twilight Frontier from Daybreak?

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 23:30   Link #50
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Similar to what other people have said, I'd rather have an adaptation of Higanbana (for obvious reasons) or Umineko Chiru (if done properly).

But then again, I must admit that I rather enjoyed Higurashi Rei and Kira. Sure, they weren't brilliant, but it was nice to see all the characters again. Therefore, I'm looking forward to Higurashi Kaku.

I'm quite curious about how well the film format will work. I've seen the live-action films and weren't terribly impressed by them (in fact, I'd go as far as to say that TMA did a better adaptation in some respects). But anyway, the stories in Rei and Kira were rather short, so I'm excited about the prospect of getting a slightly longer and meatier story.

I'm not going to spoil the story for myself, but from what I've heard of it, it certainly sounds intriguing. Maybe I should try and get a copy of Higurashi Daybreak for myself, although I'm not sure if Kaku has anything to do with that apart from the fact that the original story was supposedly included in the soundtrack for the game.
Old 2013-01-13, 10:23   Link #51
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Similar to what other people have said, I'd rather have an adaptation of Higanbana (for obvious reasons) or Umineko Chiru (if done properly).
Why adapt Umineko Chiru? Shouldn't they do the question arcs first?

Also, while not directly related to Ryu, I'd like to see an adaptation of Tsukihime.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:47   Link #52
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Why adapt Umineko Chiru? Shouldn't they do the question arcs first?

Also, while not directly related to Ryu, I'd like to see an adaptation of Tsukihime.
The question arcs were adapted, although they were adapted poorly.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:49   Link #53
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's the joke: similarly to Tsukihime, Umineko adaptation was poor enough to make some of us not admitting it even existed. Hence why roger mentioned tsukihime in his comment, a tongue in cheek comment towards this "private" joke.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:26   Link #54
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yes, some people like to joke that the Umineko anime doesn't exist.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but there are also people who have suggested that a new and better anime adaptation of Umineko be made. It's something that I'd happily welcome, but Umineko is the sort of story that would be extremely difficult to make a faithful adaptation of. And really, at this point, they might as well just adapt the rest of the story if anything at all.

Anyway, back to Higurashi Kaku, I wonder if it's the sort of thing that might actually be adapted decently. The main Higurashi story had the issue that a lot of it is rather slow-paced and perhaps wouldn't work well in anime format. Therefore Studio DEEN or whoever responsible decided to focus more on the horror/gore side of things, when in fact those aren't especially important in the grand scheme of things. Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen didn't have that much horror/gore anyway, causing people to be somewhat disappointed with the Higurashi Kai anime.

Since I don't know the story for Kaku, I suppose I'm wondering whether it's a more fast-paced story that doesn't rely so much on conversations between characters. It'll be interesting to see.

(Kinda ignoring Rei / Kira here, since those were rather silly. Not saying that in a negative way, but those certainly weren't like the more serious parts of the main story.)
Old 2013-01-13, 16:26   Link #55
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the joke: similarly to Tsukihime, Umineko adaptation was poor enough to make some of us not admitting it even existed. Hence why roger mentioned tsukihime in his comment, a tongue in cheek comment towards this "private" joke.
Ah, right. I had a feeling it might have been a joke, but I wasn't sure. Yeah, the Umineko anime was rubbish. I believe there's even a few animation errors, such as being able to see straight through the characters, which weren't fixed in the blu-ray release.

edit - On Higurashi Kaku, I'm a bit wary of watching this after Kira. Hope they actually make do a good job this time. Also hope they don't make another OVA/Movie after this one, the story's done now. They should just leave it.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 04:33   Link #56
battle22

Hmmmm, I enjoyed Umineko Anime.......... *Gets shot by milions of fans*.
Come oneee, It was epic to see those chars animated, Of couse VN was better But I still enjoyed it and Would love to see a Chiru Anime.... For a newcomer, I admit the anime would be really confusing.... But for someone who has read the VN, It's actually pretty fun (Of course , I'm not saying this is good, It's bad that the anime is so confusing to a new comer)

Last edited by battle22; 2013-02-06 at 23:32.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:27   Link #57
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I have a similar opinion. The adaptation wasn't good, but I did enjoy seeing it animated. If you've read the VNs, it does make sense. Also, it was nice to have all the music from the VNs in there. I know some people disliked the arrangement of those tracks, but I thought it was quite well done. I mean, they put in the effort, at least. They could have just used original music the whole way through like the Higurashi anime (which did have really good music anyway, but that's besides the point).

Anyway, since most people haven't read the story Higurashi Kaku is based on, I wonder if it will have a more positive reception since people don't really have anything to compare the adaptation to.
Old 2013-02-06, 16:55   Link #58
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Where we can find a trailer and some pics ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 23:52   Link #59
Joly
モエカステル

There's no trailer and pictures yet, unfortunately.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:18   Link #60
magnum12

Interesting. While the
Spoiler for spoiler for the last few novels:
theory seems interesting, I'm going to offer an alternate theory just for the sake of argument.

Spoiler for possible???? spoiler, truth is unknown:

Last edited by magnum12; 2013-02-11 at 20:19. Reason: Forgot something very important
magnum12 is offline   Reply With Quote