AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 20:41   Link #2341
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiKimmy View Post
I don't blame you for choosing to do so DeathZKID

Any game that we play against the Gunners can go either way
Unfortuately it seems to go the wrong way when money is involved lol.
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 23:14   Link #2342
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well when you are missing two of your best CB and have Nevile, who didn't play for two months or so, as RB, and missing your best striker you are bound to look quite weak.
But I have to admit Arsenal looked good in the weekend despite missing player like RVP.
Dont you EVER play injury card on us in this season (especially on this season).

We lost ALL our midfield players for most of the season. And all we have are bench warmers Eboue and Song, Denilson was never tested fully, and Samir Nasri just arrived and his 21 years old. And we freaking have to play our backup strikers on the wings. And for the last 2 month before the interlull... we dont even have our main striker! Is it only now that we start to get our midfields back + AA.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:05   Link #2343
KimmyChan

Roll on this evening for tonight's Champions League match against FC Porto

(It kicks off at 7.45pm my time)
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 10:28   Link #2344
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

No hard feelings towards KiNA, but I'll be supporting Villareal if Giuseppe Rossi will be playing. Him, Toni and Oddo at Bayern, Dossena at L'pool and Macheda at Man U are basically the only italians left competing in the CL (although I am not sure if Macheda has even been inserted in CL list).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 10:30   Link #2345
KimmyChan

Ah yes! I almost forgot that Villareal are kicking off agianst Arsenal at the same time later aswell

I'm hoping that Villareal win win too, no offense to any Gunners fans out there, I promise, it's nothing personal
Old 2009-04-07, 12:45   Link #2346
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiKimmy View Post
Roll on this evening for tonight's Champions League match against FC Porto

(It kicks off at 7.45pm my time)
Yes should be a treat but although Porto are a decent team I beleive we got an easy draw. What are your thoughts on the starting 11, any ideas who they'll be?
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:20   Link #2347
KimmyChan

I'm hoping that Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes are all part of the starting 11, along with newbie signing Macheda and goalie Van Der Sar
Old 2009-04-07, 15:54   Link #2348
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Great match on the Porto vs. Manchester. The Arsenal vs. Villareal was a bit boring but at least Arsenal didn't lose and has a nice chance on winning the return match

Also that was one awesome goal from Adebajor.
Old 2009-04-07, 20:10   Link #2349
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

*sign* what happened to Utd's defense? If only Gary Nevil marked his man properly, at this rate they are going to be out of CL.
Anyhow nice goal from Adebayor.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:41   Link #2350
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ Shinndou, no problem And Macheda is 17 y-o.. he dont have to be registered to CL team list as he is under 21 y-o.

And Adebayor's goal is super duper awesome .. and it again assisted by the super duper awesome Cesc. The early goal was kinda stunned all our game, and for the first half, we didnt recovered from it. Only at half time, do our confidence return, and you can see our players started to flaunt their on the ball - passing skill. We do missed AA upfront, Samir kinda fail when he was needed to perform. And losing 2 players in 1st half due to injuries .. I dunno to what extend =/

Lady luck smiled at us.. that other Marcos Senna's volley.. Fabianski was totally totally stranded. His reaction to it was golden lol. Good experience to him, keeping a clean sheet at CL.

Kudos to Villarreal.. their goal is sweet as well. But we got the all important away goal, I would prefer to win it tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-08, 06:12   Link #2351
KimmyChan

It was far better for United to have equalised the way they did last night then to have lost
Old 2009-04-08, 15:53   Link #2352
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This is before kayote has any chance to gloat, Chelsea were the better team, strangely, for Liverpool were very un-Liverpool-like today, absolute shambles. Credit where credit's due, you deserve your win.

At least this year Liverpool can say they still got the league, so it didn't feel that devastating.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:25   Link #2353
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
This is before kayote has any chance to gloat, Chelsea were the better team
lol..

you have no idea how happy i actully am right now. i thought that going into the game with the form you have been on we were going to get trashed. but, oh the mighty have fallen.

i am a little bit tipsy right now but, we really outdid ourselfs today. 2nd half espically. i could not have imagend a better match.

when we went down i really was fearing the worst. even though we started well and had chances i really was fearing the worst. but, the good thing now about our team is that we react to going down in matches. which is something we did not do under Scolari.

Essian was great tonight and kept Gerrard under raps and the whole team did really well. we played as a team and by the end i really wanted a 4th.

the form taht pool are in now, even with this loss i still wanted a 4th so taht i could breath easy going into return leg. i mean they have been playing teams for fun last couple of matches and i belive that you will come at us really hard at the bridge.

in the end a ery good win for us and i was plaesed taht we started with Drogba insted of Anelka. he can cause problems taht Anelka can't.

can't belive the other result. coming off a 10/12-1 win and losing 4-0. that is something else.
Old 2009-04-08, 17:02   Link #2354
KimmyChan

I am so pleased that Chelsea won against Liverpool this evening
Old 2009-04-09, 00:01   Link #2355
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Impressive matches last nite

Now I'm tempted to download both full games so I can study and savor each games

I only watched the highlight, but do tell me, did Chelsea kill Gerrard's game totally?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-09, 03:00   Link #2356
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I only watched the highlight, but do tell me, did Chelsea kill Gerrard's game totally?
in a sense yes. he was not able to get into the game. he hardly got out of 1st gear all night. espically the seond half
Old 2009-04-09, 03:45   Link #2357
KimmyChan

My boyfriend's next big game is the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley Stadium on 19th April

And this coming Saturday 11th April, Manchester United are away to Sunderland
Old 2009-04-09, 13:53   Link #2358
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i had forgotten taht we still have still have Arsenal for the FA cup. i think Gallas is out for the season now. good news to my ears. Revenge will be ever so sweet. even though it will be in the FA cup. but, i'll take it. and i think Arsenal got like a run of 3/4 crazy games in that period. i think they've got pool and CL return leg. as well as us. bad time to lose Gallas. got Silvestre though.

then in May you've got us and United. i know that for sure. man hecktick times for you Gunners.

i just hope that we get Carvaliaho back for the return leg against Liverpool. he will be needed.
Old 2009-04-10, 16:10   Link #2359
KimmyChan

May the best team win
Old 2009-04-10, 22:23   Link #2360
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Gallas out, Clichy out, Almunia out .. But we have Silvestre!!! the egg head!! OH THE HORROR

Gallas most probably be replaced by Djorou. The leftback is either Gibbs or Silvestre (most likely Silvestre for his experiences :/)

Count us out kayote.. we feels much better being underdog. Altho, good luck containing Adeb/RvP/Dudu who will be fully supplied with ammo from AA, CF, and SM

It would be interesting to see how Pool response.. They have a record of failing badly after each CL defeat.

We taking on Wigan tonite.. without their Zaki. I wonder if Wigan wants to meet our 1st team (who are on fire right now) or our CC young kids (who gave them footballing lesson in CC this season) XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
football, soccer