AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-16, 18:31   Link #2121
Hyakimaru

Cancer it's really horrible disease, but it can be beaten, so hopefully Yamaguchi Sensei surgery will be successful and he´ll make a full recovery.

Still you got to admire his commitment to his work, based on the letter I got the impression that he was writing the novel right until he was admitted into the hospital. Not many people keep working with such dedication after being diagnosed with such a serious condition, so it's really impressive and shows he really loves what he does.
Hyakimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 00:43   Link #2122
Amagetu

Yeah, he is one of the most commited people i've seen, usually people lose all hope once they are diagnosed with something like this. I hope his willpower allows him a swift recovery.
Amagetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 22:32   Link #2123
Eichan
Explosive Magical Girl

Best of luck to you, Yamaguchi-sensei!
Old 2011-07-21, 00:05   Link #2124
Cachalo

How considerate to his fans, even if calling any hiatus from this unpardonable is too much. I hope he beats the cancer.

I noticed a spinoff prequel for this series was started. Looks like a modern day Princess Knight with magic and fanservice, heh. Is it being translated by anyone?
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 06:42   Link #2125
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

There's to be a "big announcement" for Zero no Tsukaima in the October issue of Comic Alive.

Most people on 2ch are speculating it will be the announcement of a new anime season to wrap up the story, which is supported by the fact the last volume of the novels is coming out soon.
Old 2011-07-26, 07:23   Link #2126
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
If it's a new season I at least hope it will be 24 or 26 episodes. 10 volumes in 12 episodes is plain awful. Even if we get 24 or 26 episodes, with 10 volumes there's going to be major butchering.
Old 2011-07-26, 10:05   Link #2127
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
If it's a new season I at least hope it will be 24 or 26 episodes. 10 volumes in 12 episodes is plain awful. Even if we get 24 or 26 episodes, with 10 volumes there's going to be major butchering.
I don't think they'll try to get the full 10 volumes in one season if they are continuing...
At most they'll get up to Joseph's defeat (emphasizing the "at most")
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 20:23   Link #2128
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iealchemist View Post
I don't think they'll try to get the full 10 volumes in one season if they are continuing...
At most they'll get up to Joseph's defeat (emphasizing the "at most")
The way I see it, there are three things JC Staff can try at this point:

1- A 24 episode season (or two 12 episode seasons) to finish the story from where they left off.

2- A 12 episode season that follows from where they left off and ends with an original ending (Probably somewhere around Joseph's defeat like you mentioned).

3- A 12 episode season that begins with a time skip into a further place in the story and then finish it up from there (Vol 16 or 18 come to mind as good starting points for this).

Either way I'm fine with whatever path they take, you know it's kind of funny, even though I'm wary of them screwing it up as usual I really want a new season of this; I enjoyed the previous seasons and at the very least it might help getting people interested on the translation project.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:11   Link #2129
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
The way I see it, there are three things JC Staff can try at this point:
I think the optimal choice would be JCStaff lost the license to ZnT, another company that treats original works better gets it, and gives the series the proper treatment it deserves.

Since that's not likely, and given JCStaff's track record, I'd say your #1 (ending) combined with your #2 (leading up to ending) is most likely. I would just say your #2 is most likely, but if they were going to go completely original I'm not sure why they'd wait until the novels were wrapping up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 21:33   Link #2130
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But if they were going to go completely original I'm not sure why they'd wait until the novels were wrapping up.
Probably to take advantage of the buzz around the novels ending and get free publicity or something along those lines.

Edit: Now that I think about it, JC Staff did the same thing with Toradora with the anime ending on the same month the last novel came out, and Shana is doing the same too. So it's probably just marketing.
Old 2011-07-29, 23:27   Link #2131
HuangJialuo

Exclamation

Hi!

I'm new to the forums.

I'll be blunt. Since more than 6 months ago the Baka-Tsuki translations have been really slow, leaving many fans stranded in terms of the progression of the story.

Of course we all understand that translators are people like you and me that do other things besides translate light novels, and they do it out of the goodness of their hearts and in their free time.

However I do think we can revive it, but for that we need the help of new contributors (or old ones too) that would be kind enough and noble-hearted I might add, to help us continue the story, so that other fans can read the volumes that have yet to be translated.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-08-02 at 00:19. Reason: Link removed!
HuangJialuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 04:17   Link #2132
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Just so you know. Promoting illegal activities (like translations) isn't allowed on this forum. You should remove your post.

And all the regulars in this thread know about how the situation for the translation project. You won't be able recruit anyone new here. Better to ask at other forums.
Old 2011-08-01, 18:50   Link #2133
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

man o man i been out the game for awhile. saw the announcement info on facebook so decided to pop in here. kinda pissed Tiffinia is on the new cover

debating about rereading all the novels since i stopped after a hand full was translated and kinda forgot what was going on. but please tell me saito is being semi faithful and not banging the elf and princess...?
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 20:31   Link #2134
Flere821
Lurker

That's the cover for the previous novel (Vol20), not the upcoming one.

And currently, Saito is faithful to Louise, despite being tempted to go for others many times. Although he's been summoned as Tifa's familiar as well (long story there) by this point, he might be excused to have the same devotion to her as Louise.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 14:33   Link #2135
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Oh, I didn't know a BD box set was announced for ZnT.

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-8640.html

Geneon did the same thing before Shana III was announced, so this ups the chances of that "big announcement" being a new anime project.
Old 2011-08-04, 18:53   Link #2136
Hyakimaru

It seems Yamaguchi Sensei operation was a success!

Spoiler for Sankaku Link: NSFW Handle with extreme caution!:

Thank God everything turned out alright, I imagine he still has to be extremely careful with his health, but hopefully the worst part is already over.
Old 2011-08-04, 19:35   Link #2137
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
man o man i been out the game for awhile. saw the announcement info on facebook so decided to pop in here. kinda pissed Tiffinia is on the new cover

debating about rereading all the novels since i stopped after a hand full was translated and kinda forgot what was going on. but please tell me saito is being semi faithful and not banging the elf and princess...?
The princess too?
Oh, well, it seems the announcement has the chances to be an anime adaptation.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 05:08   Link #2138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The princess too?
Oh, well, it seems the announcement has the chances to be an anime adaptation.
Base on my ancient memories... And base on flere's summary post 3 pages back to cover everything I've missed out over the years...

Siesta (very early on, after the first war, no more romantic developments)
Henrietta (some kind of dramatic adultery thingy blown out of proportion)
Tiffa (the whole business with the dual masters but we know how that'll turn out)

I think there was this thing with Tabitha as well...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 21:38   Link #2139
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Base on my ancient memories... And base on flere's summary post 3 pages back to cover everything I've missed out over the years...

Siesta (very early on, after the first war, no more romantic developments)
Henrietta (some kind of dramatic adultery thingy blown out of proportion)
Tiffa (the whole business with the dual masters but we know how that'll turn out)

I think there was this thing with Tabitha as well...
For the record, he never actually 'did it' with the girls. But yes, even Tabitha was attracted to him, to the point where Siesta and Louise took both his left and right side on the bed Tabitha was allowed by the other two to sleep on top of Saito. Only because Tabitha was deemed 'not a threat' and is a smaller girl than even Louise.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 22:14   Link #2140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
For the record, he never actually 'did it' with the girls. But yes, even Tabitha was attracted to him, to the point where Siesta and Louise took both his left and right side on the bed Tabitha was allowed by the other two to sleep on top of Saito. Only because Tabitha was deemed 'not a threat' and is a smaller girl than even Louise.
Yeah I know he didn't but by God he gotten close so many times. Back when I was young and innocent, that scene with Siesta on top of him in the cabin(?) was one of my first experience of yelling "NOOO! DO HER! DO HER NOW !!!"

But enough of my rebellious days, I thought Saito sleeping with Siesta and Louise was only in the game, I didn't know it happened in the Novel as well...

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen