AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 15:28   Link #5021
FalsePrime

I see zero reason for Dix to want to kill Relena.

As it is, Relena in universe is pretty beloved and seen as a strong messenger of peace. Nothing that would have cauesd him any issue, even less so with her frozen. In fact she was only woken and made the "leader" of Mars because he was killed.

While he was alive and leading the people she was kept Frozen and relativily safe, which is why I said it's likely one of, if not the very reason Zechs would be cool with the man calling and looking like Zechs. It provided a shield for one of the people he cares about most.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 08:06   Link #5022
Black Lion

So which Gundam do you think is getting the next line art?

I'd say Scheherezade, since Trowa's and Quatre's suits seem to always go together.
Old 2012-10-21, 11:51   Link #5023
FalsePrime

If Warlock actually lost it's Cloack and it goes into battle against Queen/King/Jack then I would wager it would be him.

As stands no reason to show the others when Warlock is so "visible" in the story.
Old 2012-10-21, 17:38   Link #5024
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
So... Naina is the little red riding hood and Duo Jr. is the wolf, huh? Does that make Mille the hunter and Relena the grandma?
I completely forgot to comment on that (thanks, Deacon!) Naina is the Queen of Hearts (who is Mad Hatter? HAHAHA Please tell me it's Quatre, because I would die from how (un-)intentionally funny that would be.) who dresses up as Red Riding Hood. Well done, Sumizawa, two stories butchered in one go.
Dorothy can be the Cheshire Cat, and Relena is clearly the white bunny and the grandma at the same time.
I guess Noin can be Alice, after all I bet she feels as if she'd eaten something hallucinogenic right about now anyways.

Quote:
QFT What many people don't realize, thanks to Sturgeon's Law and hormonal teenagers, is that romance in whatever series does not only have to be present just to please shippers, but can be used as an effective device to actually develop and expand two characters. Of course, you can do that without getting anyone romantically involved, but it's not a poor choice either (if done correctly).
This. I don't like romance for the sake of romance either- only where it does something for the plot and/or is actually meaningful and well executed (I especially gag at love at first sight situations of any kind. Boy do you have a hard time convincing me, if that's how you start out)
Cutting romance out completely makes for a very unbelievable, artificial story though. There's always going to be someone who is involved with someone in some way in a story like this and it is significant.

Quote:
Yes! The Angry Ponies Corps! An elite group of crazy MS pilots who zip around and destroy everything with their ZERO system enhanced mind powers. But reeling them in again is a bit tricky, so they're Plan B, in case Operation Mythos fails. :P
(btw I'm so adding this to our list)
XD oh god please. I'd actually be somewhat interested in the plot if this happened. And yes. Yes, please do. Reminds me that I should come up with a pitch for this whole thing.

Quote:
"she was found in a cardboard box at the grocery store and taken home, but since she wasn't a full-blooded family member, she was given only half the name."
it wasn't? *disappointed* Because then she and Zechs could've totally bonded initially over having stupid (and/or insane, cloned) families. Oh well, I guess they still could've.

Quote:
On the topic of Zechs, what exactly were him and Noin doing on Mars all the time, aside from making babies and thinking up silly aliases for Zechs, while Dixneuf was about freezing important politicians and forming armies and trying to claim control of pretty much the entire habitable solar system???
Why, you say this as if they'd been idle. Making babies takes a lot of time and practice. And good aliases don't make themselves up either, especially if you insist on picking matching ones. There was also chess to be played, bourbon to be drunk and Zechs' various disorders to be analysed. You can't honestly expect them to put a quick bullet in the head of an insane brother (- in law) on top of all that.
I mean why would they want to save themselves the trouble of breaking up their family unit by dropping their kids off at a questionable orphanage, having friends killed, orchestrating a bizarre farce of a marriage and all this shit that's now going down.

-.-

Sumizawa made them both idiots.

I bet the explanation is something half-arsed such as they couldn't have just shot the guy because by the time they noticed, he already had something to threaten them. GAH

@Morniel_Moonlit: KareKano was so weird. I read/watched the first bit of it, and it was so cute, and funny I loved it, but I never finished it once I stopped reading the thing it was serialised in. Checked up on it years later and I just thought HOLY COW is this the same series??! Then I realised, Anno. xD

Yeah, I remember that and you're right. That was in a professional context though. I'd only think it a bit weird where it comes to her private connections, to insist on being called by her last name. Unless she's like Tonks and actually just prefers it... which I don't think is the case, considering Milliardo explicitly didn't call her that, if I don't remember wrong (something like "Noin.. ah no, Lucrezia" somewhere in some chapter. Precise, I know)

And I have no idea about any dub versions, sorry :/ especially because I've never actually followed the subject. Maybe someone else has actually seen it and knows!
I'm assuming it's mostly for convenience
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:12   Link #5025
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morniel_Moonlit View Post
Also I thought of this at work... didn't one of the South American countries make 3+4 cannon in their dubs?
I don't believe it was to make the 3x4 cannon... I can't find it online, but from what I remember the line was something along the lines of "lo amo porque me mostro que puedo seguir" which translate to "I love him (Trowa) because he showed me that I can keep going". Something like that...

It was when Quatre was giving his speech to Dorothy after she ran him through with a rapier. I don't recall ever thinking "OMG! This guy is gay and he has the hots for Trowa!" From my understanding of watching it, it was a platonic love.

Ugggg... all these stories being mentioned it making my stomach turn and giving me a headache. Does Sumizawa not know the meaning of "subtle"?

"HEERO! COME BACK AND KILL ME!"

Guess not...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 06:44   Link #5026
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Dix was preaching world peace. Killing Relena would have gone against that as it would have caused billions of people to die.
Yeah, about that... Aren't you technically dead when you're frozen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Why, you say this as if they'd been idle. Making babies takes a lot of time and practice.
Unless you're loaded, then you can hax your way through like Mr. Winner. lol
But you're right, how impudent of me to assume that two top pilots of the GW universe going to Mars as Preventers would actually prevent all the chaos the novel so kindly gives us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I don't believe it was to make the 3x4 cannon... I can't find it online, but from what I remember the line was something along the lines of "lo amo porque me mostro que puedo seguir" which translate to "I love him (Trowa) because he showed me that I can keep going". Something like that...
Here's a link for the Latino episode 48. Skip to 16:00~ for Quatre's speech. I don't speak Spanish, so I can't verify anything. But anyone capable of understanding it, is more than welcome to try.

Careful though, Latino Quatre's mad voice acting skills may cause some snickering. Seriously, he sounds like some whiny wimp who got his finger stuck in a bottle and is trying and failing to pull it out, rather than a guy who just got run through with a rapier. Latino Wu Fei sounds awesome though.

Quote:
Ugggg... all these stories being mentioned it making my stomach turn and giving me a headache. Does Sumizawa not know the meaning of "subtle"?

"HEERO! COME BACK AND KILL ME!"

Guess not...
...Which stories exactly?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 10:58   Link #5027
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
So which Gundam do you think is getting the next line art?

I'd say Scheherezade, since Trowa's and Quatre's suits seem to always go together.
It could be Scheherezade.

How many new suits have been revealed so far?
Old 2012-10-22, 11:19   Link #5028
Javiersansano

Quote:
Yeah, about that... Aren't you technically dead when you're frozen?

Unless you're loaded, then you can hax your way through like Mr. Winner. lol
But you're right, how impudent of me to assume that two top pilots of the GW universe going to Mars as Preventers would actually prevent all the chaos the novel so kindly gives us.

Here's a link for the Latino episode 48. Skip to 16:00~ for Quatre's speech. I don't speak Spanish, so I can't verify anything. But anyone capable of understanding it, is more than welcome to try.

Careful though, Latino Quatre's mad voice acting skills may cause some snickering. Seriously, he sounds like some whiny wimp who got his finger stuck in a bottle and is trying and failing to pull it out, rather than a guy who just got run through with a rapier. Latino Wu Fei sounds awesome though.

I speak native spanish, watched the scene, forgot the exact line, but the part goes along the lines "it was Trowa who showed the right path", or something like that.... NOW, the thing is some guy with nothing better to do "pasted" a small voice track thtat only says "that is why I love him", if translated into english. However, only someone with a hearing defect, and idiot, or someone drunk or doped WOULD NOT NOTICE the difference.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:16   Link #5029
Ferhb

Hey, everyone!

I've been away for quite some time now (since I've kinda given up on FT)...

Could anyone tell me what's going on in the story (present)? Is is too much to ask? Sooo many posts X'D

Thanks!
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 12:42   Link #5030
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
It could be Scheherezade.

How many new suits have been revealed so far?
Only line art we've recieved is of Pro.

We've seen King/Queen/Jack, as well as White Epyon so I guess those would be considered reveals as well.
Old 2012-10-22, 14:43   Link #5031
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Hey, everyone!

I've been away for quite some time now (since I've kinda given up on FT)...

Could anyone tell me what's going on in the story (present)? Is is too much to ask? Sooo many posts X'D

Thanks!
Duo Jr changes his name to Fenrir
Trowa Phobos goes back to No name
Quatre and Phobos get Fenrir to agree to help them
Quatre reveals two more of Snow White's seven dwarf weapons, white and black
Black can create tornadoes
White wasn't used yet but is supposed to be more powerful than black
Naina, Milou and I guess Quatrine arrive at where they are and will fight them next chapter
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 19:27   Link #5032
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Duo Jr changes his name to Fenrir
Trowa Phobos goes back to No name
Quatre and Phobos get Fenrir to agree to help them
Quatre reveals two more of Snow White's seven dwarf weapons, white and black
Black can create tornadoes
White wasn't used yet but is supposed to be more powerful than black
Naina, Milou and I guess Quatrine arrive at where they are and will fight them next chapter
Thank you, Tendou!

Ikuze:

I speak portuguese, so I kinda understand spanish. From minute 16:00, here's what I could understand:

"Dorothy, you're acting like I was since the beggining.
You hate so much the war that you don't allow (...). But you can't deny your own feelings. Trowa taught me that. That's why I love him. You have to accept everything that surrounds you."

And so on. From what I've heard, it really sounds like it. But again, I don't speak spanish, so he can be referring to something else (as he uses a pronoun and doesn't specify who he's talking about).

Note: That aditional line (in bold) doesn't exist in both the english and portuguese versions. But the portuguese version is a translation of the north-american, so...

Last edited by Ferhb; 2012-10-22 at 19:35. Reason: Side note
Old 2012-10-22, 19:57   Link #5033
rereremo

Quote:
Ikuze:

I speak portuguese, so I kinda understand spanish. From minute 16:00, here's what I could understand:

You hate so much the war that you don't allow (...). But you can't deny your own feelings. Trowa taught me that. That's why I love him. You have to accept everything that surrounds you."

And so on. From what I've heard, it really sounds like it. But again, I don't speak spanish, so he can be referring to something else (as he uses a pronoun and doesn't specify who he's talking about).

Note: That aditional line (in bold) doesn't exist in both the english and portuguese versions. But the portuguese version is a translation of the north-american, so...
That aditional line (in bold) doesn't exist in the Japanese version too
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 20:42   Link #5034
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
That aditional line (in bold) doesn't exist in the Japanese version too
So.... whaddahell?!

Stick to the original, folks.
Old 2012-10-22, 21:01   Link #5035
rereremo

Quote:
So....?!

Stick to the original, folks.
Don't fully get the expression, but the Japanese version is the original one
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 23:32   Link #5036
Eeni

Quote:
Opps... I meant to type out fairy tales, all those fairy tales being brought into the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I speak native spanish, watched the scene, forgot the exact line, but the part goes along the lines "it was Trowa who showed the right path", or something like that.... NOW, the thing is some guy with nothing better to do "pasted" a small voice track thtat only says "that is why I love him", if translated into english. However, only someone with a hearing defect, and idiot, or someone drunk or doped WOULD NOT NOTICE the difference.
LOL! Wow, I had not watched this in Spanish in 10 years! This was great, thanks Ikuze. And ya, there is a pasted in "that's why I love him" in there. But other then that, nothing to suggest any cannon for lil Quatre & Trowa.

Ferhb, you got the translation pretty much on the head:
"Your acting like I used to (at the beginning). You hate war so much that you won't allow any good/kindness/etc. to come from you. But, you can't deny your own feelings, Trowa showed me that." And then the edited "because I love him"

Hey, this Spanish one was the original that I had to go by! Just like I watched all of DragonBall in Spanish while growing up (I still love Goku's Spanish voice the most!)... and Duo's Spanish voice is also great ^_^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 00:19   Link #5037
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Thank you, Tendou!

Ikuze:

the BR version doesn't have this too fas as i remember
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:32   Link #5038
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
Don't fully get the expression, but the Japanese version is the original one
Yeah, that's what I meant! Stick to the japanese, always

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
the BR version doesn't have this too fas as i remember
Actually, I was talking about the BR version (u brazilian?)

And yeah, I guess I'm retarded, because I didn't even think that it could've been edited.... but thinking back on it now, I actually noticed the sound quality and the voice weren't the same...

Glad I didn't mess up too much, Eeni!
Old 2012-10-23, 18:19   Link #5039
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Wow, I didn't think there were so many folks who speak/understand Spanish in this thread. Awesome. Thanks everyone!

Javiersansano, thanks for pointing out that the odd sounding line was the "I love him" stuff. Though I don't get why the quality takes a dip, since it's still the same dubbing company... Then again, I don't get why they included that at all.

So yeah, I did some further research and found out that this is the second time Quatre declares his love. The first time is supposedly in episode 38. Here's a link for the entire episode.
Now, the youtube vid was deleted, but the thumbnail showed an amnesic Trowa leaving Catherine to go after Quatre. So I believe it's at 19:00~, after Quatre has defeated the OZ and White Fang troops. Quatre's original line is "We've got to put an end to this kind of nonsense," but the Spanish one says something about Trowa (and love?). *shrug* Yeah, I don't know. If one of the natives would be so kind.
Oh, and compared to the other, this line doesn't sound off either.

By the way, TV Tropes and the vid itself say this is the Latino version. Since I don't speak Spanish, I'm curious to know whether it really is, and/or whether Spaniards got the same version. If anyone knows. I feel the distinction would be appropriate.
That, and if it really is the Latino version, it'd be odd for the dubbing company to slap in yaoi, since I hear Latin America wasn't too big on homosexuality back when GW was aired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Opps... I meant to type out fairy tales, all those fairy tales being brought into the story.
Ah, okay. There's so much you could've meant, I thought I'd ask, before making assumptions.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 20:09   Link #5040
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
since I hear Latin America wasn't too big on homosexuality back when GW was aired.
Nope, Latin American dub has alway been more open thant the American english dub. For example they don't censored the Touya and Yukito thing in CCS or any in that series in general. They also didnt make Haruka and Michiru from Sailor Moon cousins like the stupid American version.

And yes, in the Latin American version Quatre say he love Trowa twice, but is not the original version so whatever.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing