AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-11, 17:38   Link #1941
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I agree with omimon. A story's natural ending is when the main premise is fulfilled. When Gon met Gin, that was the ending. It's true there were loose ends, but those could have been resolved in spin-offs if the author ever felt like doing it.
Sure, if the manga had ended when Gon met Ging, and the Gyro, Kurapika/Phantom Troupe stuff was handled in light novels or something, no one would have minded.

It's the fact that he continued and we're still in hiatus hell that annoys people.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 18:18   Link #1942
marvelB

For some reason, this news doesn't really surprise me. Though this does sort of make me wonder if Togashi would consider making an ending exclusive to the volume releases, kinda like what Takei did for Shaman King....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 18:30   Link #1943
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well if the writer wants to continue it, it's his right to do so.
That's besides the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sure, if the manga had ended when Gon met Ging, and the Gyro, Kurapika/Phantom Troupe stuff was handled in light novels or something, no one would have minded.

It's the fact that he continued and we're still in hiatus hell that annoys people.
Absolutely. Even a separate manga would have been preferable than this.
Old 2015-05-11, 21:46   Link #1944
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is not news. It's just ANN trying to be snarky, as always.

I do think what we have could serve as an ending, but by no means do I think the story continuing feels out of place. One could argue that the D.C. arc has been teased through the entire series, and the central relationship in the series - Gon & Killua - is completely in flux and needs closure desperately.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 22:10   Link #1945
SILENTANIMELOVER

It's no surprise to me. Something like this was bound to happen. No one could tolerate this hiatuses forever. Hunter x Hunter needed to be put out to pasture. Either end it now or leave the series eternally inconclusive.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:17   Link #1946
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I do think what we have could serve as an ending, but by no means do I think the story continuing feels out of place. One could argue that the D.C. arc has been teased through the entire series, and the central relationship in the series - Gon & Killua - is completely in flux and needs closure desperately.
D.C. might have been teased, but it's pretty much a new story, not just a new arc. Gon's story is done. That doesn't mean Gon's adventures have to end for good, but anything beyond this point would have worked better as a separate series. Hunter x Hunter should have ended when Gon met Gin.
Old 2015-05-12, 02:14   Link #1947
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Reading this topic, you'd think the world ended because a guy wanted to continue his story or something.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 02:31   Link #1948
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's not that he wanted to continue the story. It's that there were tons of breaks inbetween. If the chapters just stop in the middle of an arc for several months repeatedly of course that is going to annoy the readers.

Heck, even Ritz probably releases on a more regular basis than Togashi.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 02:32   Link #1949
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay then. You'd think the world ended because there were a ton of breaks or something.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote