AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 16:22   Link #3581
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
To quote someone else, "If Sheva is a hero to the people of Kiev before, tonight he is a god." Great game by the veteran, I really wouldn't mind seeing Ukraine going far and having Sheva having his last hurrah, going the way of Zidane in World Cup 2010 (but with less headbutting this time, please).

In contrast, the England-France game is a bit boring. Well, there's soem good defending there, I suppose, and at least there's goal, but it's a relatively unimpressive performance from both sides. I suppose it's not that bad from England as tough defending is their aim, but I expected better tactics and substitution from Blanc. If they're not lucky, Ukraine might actually leap and qualify over them...
Old 2012-06-11, 17:38   Link #3582
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

No matter the players, England always play the same conservative, boring brand of football. It's somewhat depressing.
Old 2012-06-11, 18:07   Link #3583
Kyuu
=^^=

I just had to LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...6302--sow.html
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:54   Link #3584
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler:
That #8 must be a member of the Ginyu force. I'm sure Shinndou can confirm this for us.
haha, that's Marchisio. I don't even know why on earth he's striking a pose, lol. My guess is that he jumped and landed on the ground like that... still pretty hilarious though. Rather than Ginyu that pose reminds of me Dr. Slump's Arale
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 07:41   Link #3585
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Man...My Milan...My Thiago Silva...man..

Berlusconi is going to destroy Milan........man................
Old 2012-06-12, 07:59   Link #3586
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Berlusconi (like Merkel and Sarkozy) destroy their countries (theirs included), ACMilan is insignificant compared to that
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 08:12   Link #3587
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Man...My Milan...My Thiago Silva...man..

Berlusconi is going to destroy Milan........man................
It's the only thing they can do, the club's in a financial crisis, it was ridiculous they didn't sell Pato for 40 millions in January (and we all know why, he's the new "boyfriend" of Berlusconi's daughter)... it's either Thiago Silva or Ibra that are going to be sold to an other club anyway.

In the past season Milan has generated a loss of over 60 million euros despite winning the 2010/2011 Scudetto, despite partecipating to CL and reaching the playoffs... they got rid of all the old veterans who were eating up part of the club's budget with their ridiculously high salaries but it seems like it's not enough.

The only way out is to sell their best players or find a new owner who has no trouble keeping the club alive by constantly injecting money like Manchester City or PSG owners do.

The financial fair play rule is really needed, and not just that, I would honestly introduce a salary cap in order to stop players from being so disgustingly greedy and ruining a club's finances.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:14   Link #3588
konart

Greece : Czech Rep

12 minutes into the game( I was late) and it's already ) 0:2
Old 2012-06-12, 11:53   Link #3589
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Greece may be the unluckiest team in Euro ever. Their first choice CB pair are both out. Their goalkeeper just injured himself and had to be subbed off. They have two goals (probably wrongly) disallowed in two games. What did they do to anger the football gods?
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 12:12   Link #3590
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh Cech. You just never catch a break on the international stage do you.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:38   Link #3591
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Poland vs Russia, it feels like a diplomatic match toward that ending. A draw is decent as final round will be more crucial for both
Old 2012-06-12, 16:07   Link #3592
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Euro 2012: The tournament with the most exciting draws.

Congrats to Poland, they played really well and that 1 point is crucial for their survival. Okay, it's not THAT crucial since they still need to win against Czech either way, but this way they could actually be first place and not count on Greece defeating Poland. That's a bit confusing, so here's the full scenario:

Spoiler for Group A Rankings and Prediction:

I hope I didn't make any mistake...as I remember it, the order is goal difference, goal scored, then head-to-head.
Old 2012-06-12, 17:47   Link #3593
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

When in doubt, ask Wikipedia.

Quote:
Tie-breaking criteria

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
2. Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
4. If, after having applied criteria 1) to 3) to several teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1) to 3) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5) to 9) apply in the order given;
5. superior goal difference in all group matches;
6. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
7. position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system
8. fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
9. drawing of lots
So, head to head first, then goal difference, then goal scored.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 21:16   Link #3594
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Greece may be the unluckiest team in Euro ever. Their first choice CB pair are both out. Their goalkeeper just injured himself and had to be subbed off. They have two goals (probably wrongly) disallowed in two games. What did they do to anger the football gods?
We spent our luck back in 2004

As for for Chalkias injury (the goalkeeper), it was more of a bless, Sifakis (his substitute) might be lacking matches (due to injury), but he is much better.

For the referees, it's true that they were unfair, but the team has not shown at any point in the tournament that it deserved better. Our defensive effort is just attrocious, and offensive effort has been unorthodox at best, passing from the deep and hoping for the best. The team has executed only one rational attack with Poland, Maniatis (DMR) stealing the ball and immediately feeding the ball vertically to Torosidis (advancing WBR), crossing into the box for the central forward (Gekkas) to draw the defense and the right striker (Salpigidis) to score the goal taking advantage of the confusion...

... and that's it offensively we have done absolutely nothing else, so let me crawl back to my misery waiting for the ridicule against Russia and the elections back home
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 12:40   Link #3595
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Damn.. the match of Portugal vs Denmark is freaking tense now. Portuguese lead 2-0 in the 1st 25 minutes or so . And it's 80th minute now when Denmark equalise 2-2...

Edit: and damn it Portugal score 3-2
Old 2012-06-13, 12:47   Link #3596
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

What a strike by Varela. He was impressive in the previous game too.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:53   Link #3597
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well Denmark still get the chance if Germany beat Netherlands, then Netherlands beat Portugal.

Germany may then just play for draw with Denmark and eliminate both the Dutch and the Portugal early
Old 2012-06-13, 13:22   Link #3598
Bri

If the Dutch lose today then it's over for them and they will field a B-squad against Portugal.

Portugal will therefore hope for a German win.

Best Denmark can hope for is a Dutch win with a 2 goal differential or more. A draw against Germany will then guarantee a spot in the next round.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 13:23   Link #3599
Solafighter
Hige

Germany vs Netherlands.
The match of matches. Its gonna kick some balls.

Go Germany, go!
Old 2012-06-13, 13:51   Link #3600
Kyuu
=^^=

If I can't cheer for the USA team - by virtue of them not playing -- then I choose Germany.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer